HOOVER 3013 Eco Pets Turbo Bagless HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
Congratulations on the purchase of your new HOOVER vacuum cleaner. There are many useful features built into your vacuum cleaner and we recommend that you carefully read this instruction manual so that you may take best advantage of them.
- Air Relief Valve
- Telescopic Rod
- Turbo Plus Brush
- Hose Inlet
- Cone Filter
- Dust Canister
- Dust Canister Release Button
- Cord Retract Button (not shown)
- Suction Control Slider (not shown)
- Carry Handle
- On/Off Button
- Exhaust Grill (not shown)
- Combination Floor Tool (not shown)
- Crevice Tool
- 2 in 1 Dusting Brush & Upholstery Tool
- Power: 1100W Max
- Dust Capacity: 1.75L
- Tube: Chrome Rod
- Voltage : 240V 50Hz
- Power Cable Length: 5m
- Hose Length: 1.43m
- Weight: 6.36 Kg
- Noise Level: <73 dBa
Before you Begin
This cleaner must be operated in accordance with these instructions and used only for domestic household cleaning to remove DRY dirt and dust from household carpets, flooring, walls and fabrics. This cleaner is not fit to be used as an industrial cleaner hence will void the manufacturer’s warranty if used inappropriately.
Please read these instructions thoroughly This will ensure you obtain full benefit from your new cleaner. Keep this instruction manual in a handy place for future reference.
Important Always switch the cleaner off and remove the plug from the electricity supply before cleaning your appliance, when not in use, or attempting any maintenance task. The cleaner must only be connected to an AC supply at the voltage shown on the rating lable. This cleaner should only be used for its intended purpose as described in this instruction manual.
- Do not operate the vacuum cleaner too close to heaters, radiators, and other hot surfaces.
- Before inserting the plug into the wall, make sure your hands are dry.
- Before turning on the vacuum cleaner, remove any large or sharp objects from the floor or cleaning surface in order to prevent damage to the filter.
- When you want to pull the plug from the wall, do not use the power cable, gently pull the plug from the power socket.
- Do not use vacuum cleaner to pick up water or liquids.
- If the hose inlet, combination floor tool or telescopic rod are blocked, you should switch off the cleaner straight away and remove from mains power. First clear the blocked substance before attempting to start the vacuum cleaner again.
Safety Precautions & Warnings
IMPORTANT! Always switch off the appliance before cleaning, when not in use or attempting any maintenance task. The charger must only be connected to an AC power supply at the voltage shown on the rating label. This cleaner should only be used for its intended purpose as described in this instruction manual. Never operate the vacuum cleaner without filters. Read the manual attentively before using the appliance for the first time.
When using your vacuum cleaner, basic precautions should always be observed, including the following;
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- To prevent electrical shock, do not immerse the appliance, power cord or power plug into water or other liquids.
- To prevent electrical shock, do not use the vacuum cleaner outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- Always check the power cord before use, the power cord and the plug should be in a good condition and must not be damaged. If the power supply cord is damaged or defective, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not unplug by pulling on the power cord. To unplug, grasp the plug not the power cord. Use only Australian and New Zealand electrical safety approved extension cords.
- Do not pull or carry the appliance by the power cable, use the power cable as a handle or pull the power cable around shaft edges or corners. Avoid running the appliance over the power cable.
- Ensure the appliance is switched off
- Do not handle or operate the appliance with wet hands and follow electrical safety precautions at all times.
- Extreme caution should be exercised when using the appliance on stairs.
- Do not attempt to change the attachments while the appliance is plugged in to mains power supply. Switch off and remove plug from mains power supply. Use only manufacturer’s recommended accessories.
- Do not operate the vacuum cleaner too close to heaters, radiators and other hot surfaces.
- Do not use the appliance to pick up flammable items or combustible liquids (i.e. petrol, hot ashes cigarettes, matches, explosive materials or anything burning) or use in areas where such substances and items may be present.
- Do not use the appliance to pick up toxic materials (i.e. chlorine bleach, ammonia).
- Ensure the appliance is disconnected from the mains power supply before connecting the hose to the unit.
- Do not operate or use the appliance without the filters in place.
- Before vacuuming, remove any large or sharp objects from the floor or cleaning surface in order to prevent damage to the filter.
- If the air inlet, floor head or the telescopic rod is blocked, switch off the cleaner straight away and remove from the mains power. First clear the blocked object before attempting to start the vacuum cleaner again.
- Hold the plug when using the cord retract. To prevent accidental injury do not allow the plug to whip when rewinding.
- Do not extend the power cable beyond the yellow mark.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when it is connected to a mains power supply.
- Before carrying out any maintenance service or cleaning the filters, always switch off the vacuum cleaner and disconnect the plug from power supply.
- Keep the ends of the hose, telescopic rod and other openings away from your face and body.
- Do not use the vacuum cleaner if it is damaged or breaks down. Check the electrical regularly for defects. If connection cables, electrical hoses, electrical contacts and electric tubes are damaged, have them replaced immediately.
- Never clean the vacuum cleaner or any of the electrical parts, especially the electrical connections with water or liquid cleaners.
- Never attempt to make any modifications electrically to the vacuum cleaner.
- Always store the appliance indoors in a cool and dry place.
- Do not pick up water. This vacuum is for dry household use only.
- Damage caused by improper use or by not observing the instructions in this manual will void warranty.
IMPORTANT! Always remove the plug from the power socket before fitting or removing accessories! Do not exceed the blue mark when pulling out the cord. The yellow mark shows the ideal cable length.
- Connect the hose to the cleaner at the hose inlet. Push and turn until it clicks into place.
- Insert the telescopic rod into the floor tool.
- Fit the other end of the telescopic rod to the handle.
- Press the On/Off button to turn the cleaner on.
Combination Floor Tool Ideal for daily cleaning on carpets and hard floors. Note: The combination floor tool might be difficult to move on some carpet, adjust suction control slide to reduce the power.
- Crevice Tool For radiators, crevices, corners, baseboards and between cushions.
- 2 in 1 Dusting Brush & Upholstery Tool For vacuuming furniture and upholstery. To transform the dusting brush into the upholstery tool, slide and push the brush out
WARNING! Ensure the cleaner is not connected to the mains powers supply when performing any maintenance duties.
Emptying the dust canister
- To empty the dust canister, press dust canister release button on the dust canister handle and lift up.
- Take the dust canister out of the machine and hold the dust canister over the rubbish bin, push the release button to open the bottom of the dust canister, and the dirt and dust will fall into the bin.
- Close the dust canister and place back into the machine it will click into place and you can start to vacuum again.
Cleaning or changing the HEPA filter
- Press the canister release button to remove the canister from the machine.
- Unlock the canister lid by pushing the lock up and out.
- Take out the HEPA Filter and rinse under lukewarm water.
- Air-dry the HEPA Filter for 24 hours and assemble again once it is completely dry.
NOTE: Any moisture in the filter can cause damage to the motor.
Cleaning and changing the cone filter
- To clean the cone filter, turn anti-clockwise and remove it from the dust bin.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and allow to air dry for 24 hours or wipe with cloth.
- Reinsert filter back into dust bin, turn clockwise to lock, then close the base flap.
- Reinsert the dust bin back into the appliance. It will click into place and you can start to vacuum again.
NOTE: Any moisture in the filter can cause damage to the motor.
Replacing the exhaust air filter
WARNING! Ensure the cleaner is not connected to the mains powers supply when performing any maintenance task.
- Press the filter grill release button on the filter grill.
- Remove the filter from the filter grill by pressing the two handles on either side of the filter.
- Rinse under lukewarm water and air dry for 24 hours before use.
- Refit the filter to the filter grill and refit the grill to the machine.
NOTE: Any moisture in the filter can cause damage to the motor.
- Filters should be cleaned or replaced at least once a year or when they become visibly dirty.
- Always operate the cleaner with filters installed to prevent motor damage and maximize performance.
- Disconnect from the electrical outlet, before cleaning or replacing filters.
- Do not use a washing machine to wash any filters or a hair drier to dry the filters.
Turbo Brush The use of a turbo brush is recommended for the optimal cleaning of carpets.
- Keep hair, hands and feet away from rotating brush while the turbo brush is running.
- Remember the turbo brush will operate whenever it is connected to a running vacuum. If children are present, make sure to turn the vacuum system off when leaving the turbo brush unit unattended.
- Do not attempt to service or unclog the turbo brush while the unit is running.
Care And Maintenance
WARNING! Ensure the cleaner is not connected to the mains power supply when performing any maintenance procedures.
NOTE: To remove any hair or debris from inside the turbo brush, remove the clear top cover from the turbo brush for easy access to the roller brush.
- Depress the buttons on both sides of the turbo brush, the plastic cover will release.
- Use scissors to remove any hair or debris that may be tangled in the roller brush.
- Replace the clear cover and click back into place. The turbo brush is now ready to use.
Problems and Solutions If you come across a problem, please use the checklist of troubleshooting tips before contacting Godfreys Customer Care.
|– The cleaner will not turn on.||Check the power cable is inserted correctly. Remove the plug from the power supply and then reinsert it into the power supply.
Press the on / off switch.
|– The vacuum performance is deteriorating.||Check the appliance to ensure there are no blockages. Clear any blockages that may be found. Check that the dust bin filter and exhaust filter are not dusty; empty the dust bin or replace dust bin filters and exhaust filter.
Check the suction control slider is not set to the minimum setting.
|– The cleaner makes an abnormal sound when switched on.||Turn off the cleaner immediately. Check the appliance to ensure there are no blockages. Clear any blockages that may be found. Check the dust bin is installed correctly.|
Please contact Godfreys customer support and service hotline Australia on 1800 815 270 or New Zealand on 0800 282 288 to find your local spare parts provider.
|Filter Set – Exhaust and HEPA||32201223|
Conditions of warranty
Your Hoover cleaner, in the case of domestic use, has a one-year parts and labor warranty against product defects and failures when the product is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of this warranty statement.
This warranty commences from the original date of purchase and is not transferable; please retain your original proof of purchase for any warranty claims. This warranty is valid only in the country where the cleaner is purchased.
The cleaner must be operated in accordance with these instructions and used only for domestic household cleaning to remove DRY dirt and dust from household carpets, flooring and fabrics. This cleaner is not fit to be used as an industrial cleaner and is not designed for the collection of vitreous building material including particle board, construction products and similar products such as wood/fibers, cement, fillers, fiber glass, etc.
or excessive or frequent sand. The infrequent pick-up of these materials in these circumstances may be harmful to your cleaner and may void the manufacturer’s warranty.
Accessories and consumables including dust bags and filters, unless defective in manufacture, are not subject to this warranty. In order to prolong the life of accessories and consumables, regular care and maintenance is recommended.
When properly used and cared for, your cleaner will render excellent service; refer to the instruction manual for further details, as misuse or failure to follow the instructions makes this warranty void.
In the event of service or advice being needed, please contact Electrical Home-Aids Pty. Limited, Level 1, Building 3, Brandon Office Park, 530 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley Victoria 3150, or on 1800 815 270 (AUS) or 0800 282 288 (NZ), Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm EST. The decision to repair or replace the cleaner is at the sole discretion of Electrical Home-Aids Pty. Limited. If Electrical Home-Aids Pty. Limited decide to repair or replace the cleaner, it will do so at its own cost.
Hoover Floorcare is unable to accept responsibility under this warranty for any repair work not carried out by an authorized Hoover Service Agent or from the use of non-genuine parts. If any part is no longer available or manufactured, Hoover Floorcare will replace it with a genuine functional replacement part. This warranty does not apply to the cost of replacing any parts of the product due to normal wear and tear, alterations, improper installation, physical abuse, misuse or accidental damage. Any transportation costs involved in the repair of defective parts shall be borne by the claimant.
If proof of purchase cannot be provided at the time of a warranty claim or service, any work carried out on the cleaner is chargeable.
The repair or replacement of the cleaner under this warranty does not extend the original period of warranty.
The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the product as outlined under the Competition and Consumer Act and other State and Territory laws.
“Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded in the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled
to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.”
Documents / Resources
|HOOVER 3013 Eco Pets Turbo Bagless HEPA Vacuum Cleaner [pdf] Owner's Manual|
3013, Eco Pets Turbo Bagless HEPA Vacuum Cleaner