Honeywell HTF337 Quietset 5 Oscillating Table Fan
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS FAN
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
FOR US MODELS ONLY – This product employs overload protection (fuse). A blown fuse indicates an overload or short-circuit situation. If the fuse blows, unplug the product from the outlet. Replace the fuse as per the user servicing instructions (follow product marking for proper fuse rating) and recheck the product. If the replacement fuse blows, a short-circuit may be present and the product should be discarded or returned to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
- Use this fan only as described in this manual. Other use is not recommended as it may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- This product is intended for household use ONLY and not for commercial, industrial or outdoor use.
- To protect against electric shock, DO NOT place fan in window, DO NOT immerse unit, plug, or cord in water, and DO NOT spray unit with liquids.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Turn the fan to the OFF position and unplug the fan from the outlet when not in use, when moving the fan from one location to another, and before cleaning.
- To disconnect the fan, first turn the unit OFF, grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet. NEVER pull the plug by the cord.
- DO NOT operate the fan in the presence of explosive and/or flammable fumes.
- DO NOT place the fan or any parts near an open flame, cooking, or other heating appliance.
- DO NOT use any product with a damaged cord or plug, any product that malfunctions, or any product that has been dropped or damaged in any manner (see warranty).
- Avoid contact with moving fan parts.
- The use of attachments not recommended by the manufacturer may be hazardous.
- Place the fan on a dry, level surface.
- DO NOT hang or mount fan on a wall or ceiling.
- DO NOT operate if the fan housing is removed or damaged.
- A loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and a distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlet.
- DO NOT cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. DO NOT route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic areas and where it will not be a tripping hazard. DO NOT use an extension cord or power strip with this fan.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
For FCC compliance information, please see page 6 of this manual.
WARNING: To Reduce The Risk of Fire or Electric Shock, DO NOT Use This Fan With Any Solid-State Speed Control Device.
FUSED SAFETY PLUG – FOR US MODELS ONLY
This fan features a fused safety plug which is designed to cut off electric current to the fan if an electrical fault occurs. Please see below for more information on how to properly use your fan and replace the safety plug fuse, if needed.
USER SERVICING INSTRUCTIONS
If your fan loses power and you suspect that the fuse on your fan has blown, grasp plug and remove from the receptacle or other outlet device. DO NOT unplug by pulling on cord.
Slide fuse cover, located on the top of the plug, towards the prongs of the plug. (Fig. 1)
Carefully remove the blown fuse and snap a new fuse into place. To reduce the risk of fire, replace fuse only with 2.5 Amp, 125 volt fuse. Fully close the fuse door by sliding back into place. (Fig. 2) Discard the blown fuse. The plug should now be ready for normal use.
To Reduce the Risk of Fire, DO NOT replace attached plug. The plug contains a safety device (fuse) that should not be removed. Discard product if the attachment plug is damaged.
If you need further information on how or when to replace the fuse in the safety plug, please contact our Consumer Relations department at 1-800-477-0457. You may also visit our website at: www.HoneywellPluggedIn.com.
- Be sure the fan is OFF.
- Place your fan on a dry, level surface.
- Plug the power cord into a polarized 120 volt AC wall outlet.
- On: press the fan button. The unit will default to the SLEEP speed setting. Off: press and hold down the fan button or cycle through the settings until the unit shuts off (after the POWER COOL speed setting).
- To operate, press the fan button to the desired fan speed: SLEEP, CALM, WHITE NOISE , REFRESH, POWER COOL. LEDs will light each speed as you press the ( ) button to change fan speed. (Fig. 3)
- To activate Wide Area Oscillation feature, press the Oscillation button once. Press the Oscillation button again to turn the Oscillation feature off. (Fig. 4)
- To activate the Auto-Off Timer option choose from 1, 2, 4 or 8 hour settings by pressing the Timer button. (Fig. 5)
- For 1 hour: Press the Timer button ( ) once.
- For 2 hours: Press the Timer button ( ) twice.
- For 4 hours: Press the Timer button ( ) a third time.
- For 8 hours: Press the Timer button ( ) a fourth time.
- Press the Timer button a fi fth time to turn the Timer feature off.
- To move the fan, turn the fan OFF and pick it up by the integrated carry handle located on the back of the fan. (Fig. 6)
- LED Auto Dim feature: LEDs will fade from their current brightness to 0% brightness after 15 seconds. The lights will return to brightness once any button is pressed on the control panel.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
- Turn the fan OFF and unplug it before cleaning.
- Use only a soft cloth or cotton swab to gently wipe the fan clean.
- DO NOT immerse the fan in water and NEVER allow water to drip into the motor housing.
- DO NOT use gasoline, paint thinner or other chemicals to clean the fan.
- REMOVAL OF THE FRONT GRILLE FOR CLEANING. DO NOT remove the fan grille unless the power is turned OFF and the power cord is unplugged.
- Remove the 3 screws located on the back of the rear grille. (Fig. 7) Use a standard Philips head screwdriver and rotate counter-clockwise to remove the screws.
- Screwdriver head should ﬁ t comfortably in the hole without being too tight or leaving too much room. A screwdriver with a head that is too small will have trouble engaging the screw.
- Screws will sometimes fall out of the back of the unit once loosened, so be sure not to stand the fan up or tip it over too quickly.
- Once the screws are removed, grab the front grille and turn counter-clockwise. (Fig. 8) There will be a small bump felt that means the twist lock is disengaged.
- Gently pull the front grille off. If it does not come off, rotate slightly more counter-clockwise to ensure the twist lock is fully disengaged.
- Clean the plastic parts of the fan with a soft, damp cloth by gently wiping. DO NOT use a damp cloth on the motor or any electrical parts.
- To reassemble, locate the arrows on the rear grille. (Fig. 9)
- Locate the arrows on the front grille. (Fig. 10)
- Match the arrows on the rear grille with the arrows on the front grille. Gently push the front grille onto the rear grille, keeping the arrows aligned.
- Rotate the front grille in the direction of the second arrow or clockwise. (Fig. 11) Rotate the grille until a click is felt or heard and it will not rotate anymore. The Honeywell logo should be horizontal when the grille is fully rotated.
- Use a Philips head screwdriver to re-install the 3 screws on the rear grille.
- For storage, clean the fan carefully as instructed. Store the fan in the original packaging or cover the product to protect it from dust.
We are here to help.
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-477-0457
Or visit our website at: www.HoneywellPluggedIn.com/contact-us
In Canada visit: www.HoneywellPluggedIn.ca
Please be sure to specify a model number located on the box and the back and bottom of your unit.
NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM, PLEASE CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST OR SEE YOUR WARRANTY. DO NOT RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL PLACE OF PURCHASE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE MOTOR HOUSING YOURSELF, DOING SO MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE FAN OR PERSONAL INJURY.
In the USA:
THIS DEVICE COMPLIES WITH PART 15 OF THE FCC RULES
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.Please note that changes or modifications of this product not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
You should first read all instructions before attempting to use this product.
- This 1 year limited warranty applies to repair or replacement of product found to be defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use or supplemental damage. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty. KAZ USA, INC. IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase.
- At its option, Kaz will repair or replace this product if it is found to be defective in material or workmanship.
- This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to repair or from any use not in accordance with the instruction manual.
Please go to:
www.HoneywellPluggedIn.com/warranty-registration to register your product and to sign up to receive new product information updates and new promotional offers.
Documents / Resources