HPA600 Series True Hepa Air Purifier
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS AIR PURIFIER
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions before operating the air purifier.
- Place air purifier where it is not easily overturned by persons in the household.
- ALWAYS turn the air purifier controls to the OFF position and unplug from the wall outlet when not in use.
- To disconnect the air purifier, make sure the unit is powered OFF then grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet. NEVER pull by the cord.
- DO NOT use any product with a damaged cord or plug, any product that malfunctions, or any product that has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- DO NOT use air purifier outdoors.
- DO NOT use air purifier unless it is fully assembled.
- DO NOT run power cord under carpets, and DO NOT cover with throw rugs. Arrange cord such that it will not be a tripping hazard.
- DO NOT use air purifier where combustible gases or vapors are present.
- DO NOT expose the air purifier to rain, or use near water, in a bathroom, laundry area or other damp location.
- The air purifier MUST be used in its upright position.
- DO NOT allow foreign objects to enter ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause electric shock or damage to the air purifier. DO NOT block air outlets or intakes.
- Locate air purifier near the outlet and DO NOT use an extension cord or power strip.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- A loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and a distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlet.
- DO NOT sit, stand or place heavy objects on the air purifier.
- Disconnect power supply before servicing.
- SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
For FCC compliance information, please see last page of this manual.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT USE THIS AIR PURIFIER WITH ANY SOLID-STATE SPEED CONTROL DEVICE.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR AIR PURIFIER
3-IN-1 HEPA FILTER
HOW YOUR AIR PURIFIER WORKS
The Honeywell Professional Series™ True HEPA Air Purifier uses a powerful 4 Step Cleaning System to help purify the air that passes through the filters in the unit (Fig. 1).
Step 1: Washable/Vacuumable Mesh Pre-Filters at Air Intake – these filters help to capture larger airborne particles such as pet hair/fur and dust before they reach the HEPA Filter. These filters should be removed approximately every 3 months and washed or vacuumed clean.
Step 2: HEPA Filters capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.1 micron1.
Step 3: Antimicrobial coating inhibits growth of bacteria on filters2.
Step 4: Granulated Activated Carbon Filter traps odors and VOCs.
1. From the air that passes through the filters.
2. Based on independent testing using AATCC100-2012 test method measuring bacterial inhibition and bactericidal properties of fabrics and nonwovens.
- Select a firm, level, and flat location.
- When operating, large volumes of air are drawn toward the air purifier. Surrounding areas should be cleaned and/or vacuumed frequently to prevent build-up of dust and other contaminants. This may also help prolong the life of the filters. If the unit is placed on a light-colored carpet, a small mat or rug should be used underneath to prevent staining. This is especially important in homes with contamination from smoking, fireplaces, or where candles are burned.
- Ensure the front of the unit faces away from the closest wall or furniture.
- Ensure no grilles are blocked.
FIRST TIME USE
There are two 3-in-1 HEPA Filters supplied within your air purifier. These filters provide three stages of cleaning performance: HEPA filter media that helps capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.1 micron1, antimicrobial coating that inhibits growth of bacteria on filters2, and activated carbon granules help adsorb odors and VOCs. The filters are wrapped to ensure purity, and are labeled to help identify the proper replacement filter (Type filters should be replaced 1x/year). Before using your new air Filter Filter purifier, you must remove the wrappers covering the filters.
- Make sure the air purifier is OFF and unplugged.
- Open the rear door to remove the filters . Remove the HEPA Filters from the two sides of the unit (see Fig. 2).
- Remove the filters from the plastic bags.
- Install the filters into the unit with the red pull tabs facing outward
(this will facilitate filter removal later). The side of the filter with the carbon granules (black side) and foam seal should be facing in to the purifier housing (see Fig. 3).
- Close the rear door and plug the unit into an outlet. You are now ready to use your new Honeywell Professional Series™ True HEPA Air Purifier.
- From the air that passes through the filters.
- Based on independent testing using AATCC100-2012 test method measuring bacterial inhibition and bactericidal properties of fabrics and nonwovens.
This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. EPA. Room air cleaners have demonstrated the potential for improving air quality and providing health benefits. EPA does not endorse manufacturer claims regarding the degree to which a specific product will produce healthier indoor air.
The energy efficiency of this ENERGY STAR certified model is measured based on a ratio between the model’s CADR for Smoke and the electrical energy it consumes, or CADR/Watt.
Portable air purifiers are more effective in rooms where all doors and windows are closed. It is recommended that you run your air purifier while you are at home to help clean the air. If desired, or conditions warrant, you may run your air purifier 24 hours a day.
- Ensure the air purifier is plugged into a working electrical outlet. A chime will sound and the power light will illuminate when plugged in.
- Tap the power icon once. The unit will start at cleaning level 2 and remain on this setting until another cleaning level is selected.
- Tap the Cleaning Level icon to select a different cleaning level.
The Honeywell Professional Series™ True HEPA Air Purifier has easy-to-use controls to help you manage your indoor air quality. Each time you select a setting you will hear a chime indicating the setting has been changed.
CLEANING LEVEL SELECTOR
This controls the air cleaning level of the unit. This Honeywell Professional Series™ Air Purifier has 4 cleaning levels plus a Turbo setting for power cleaning. Each time you turn your air purifier on it will start at cleaning level 2 setting. TAP the icon to cycle through the cleaning levels to reach the desired setting.
Level 1 – Sleep
This setting is best for ultra-quiet operation, perfect for nighttime use when sleeping.
Level 2 – Germ
This setting slows down air movement so microscopic airborne germs are most effectively captured in the filters. Germs, like certain bacteria and viruses, can be much smaller than other airborne particles or organisms. Giving the germs more time to dwell in the filters increases the filtration efficiency. This setting can be used during cold and flu season to help reduce certain germs from the air that passes through the filters.
Level 3 – General Cleaning
Best for General Cleaning. Use this setting to help reduce airborne dust and smoke particles, like those resulting from cooking or tobacco smoke. This setting is also very effective in reducing airborne pet dander.
Level 4 – Allergen
This setting makes the air purifier perform at the proper level for reducing many types of airborne allergens. It ensures the allergen capturing efficiency and rate is best for the particle sizes being captured.
When Turbo Mode is selected the will illuminate. This setting operates the air purifier at the highest cleaning level and maximizes its ability to help clean the air and help reduce odors and VOCs quickly.
AIR QUALITY INDICATOR
Your Honeywell Professional Series™ Air Purifier is equipped with Particle and VOC Sensors that detect the levels of particles and VOCs in the room and provide a visual display to indicate air quality. The Air Quality Indicator is an LED display located on the front of the air purifier below the Honeywell logo. The particle and VOC sensors are constantly monitoring the air and the air quality indicator light will illuminate blue, amber, or red depending on the level of VOCs and/or particles detected in the room.
- Blue – Good air quality. There is a low level of VOCs and particles detected.
- Amber – Medium air quality. There is a moderate level of VOCs or particles detected.
- Red – Poor air quality. There is an elevated level of VOCs or particles detected.
NOTE: Upon start up, the unit may take a few minutes to calibrate and measure the air quality. During this time, the indicator will pulse between blue, amber, and red until the air quality is determined. When the appropriate reading is determined, the indicator will then remain a solid color.
AUTO SENSING MODE
When the Auto Sensing Mode is activated, the air purifier will automatically operate at the appropriate cleaning level to reduce the airborne particles or gases that are present in the room. To select Auto Sensing Mode, TAP and the icon will illuminate to indicate the Auto Sensing Mode has been activated.
- Blue – Good air quality. There is a low level of VOCs and particles detected; air purifier will operate at Level 2 Cleaning setting
- Amber – Medium air quality. There is a moderate level of VOCs or particles detected; air purifier will operate at Level 3 Cleaning setting
- Red – Poor air quality. There is an elevated level of VOCs or particles detected; air purifier will operate at Level 4 Cleaning setting.
AUTO-OFF TIMER MODE
The Timer Option allows you to select how long the air purifier will run before it shuts off automatically. There are three pre-set run times: 2, 4, and 8 hours. Do not use this option if you want the air purifier to run continuously. To set the Auto-off Timer TAP the until the desired setting (2, 4 or 8 hours) is illuminated. To exit the Auto-Off Timer Mode, TAP until the Light shuts off.
When the air purifier is set to Sleep Mode, it runs on the lowest cleaning level and dims the control panel light. This is perfect if you require extremely quiet operation and minimal lighting. To select Sleep Mode, TAP the icon will illuminate to indicate the Sleep Mode has been activated.
The Dimmer Option allows you to adjust the brightness of the LED lights on the control panel and the Air Quality Indicator. The air purifier is programed to turn on with the control panel brightness on HIGH. You may wish to adjust the brightness depending on the room where the air purifier is being used. To use the Dimmer TAP once and lights will dim to LOW. To shut lights off, TAP a second time. Please note that the Power icon will always remain illuminated but will dim to the low level. Tap a third time to bring control panel lights back to the brightest level.
CHECK FILTER INDICATORS
This Honeywell Professional Series™ Air Purifier has two electronic filter checks to remind you when it is time to replace the 3-in-1 HEPA Filters and vacuum or wash the Permanent Mesh Pre-Filters, based on the air purifier’s hours of use. When it is time to replace or clean the filters, one of the indicator lights will illuminate to identify which filter needs to be cleaned or replaced at that time.
When the “FILTER” light is illuminated, you should replace the 3-in-1 True-HEPA Filter
Filters. Please note this Honeywell Professional Series™ Air Purifier requires two 3-in-1 HEPA Filter Filters. It is recommended the 3-in-1 HEPA Filter Filters be replaced every 12 months.
When the “PREFILTER” light is illuminated, it is time to clean (vacuum or wash) the 2 Permanent Mesh Pre-Filters. The Permanent Mesh Pre-Filters are located on each side of the air purifier at the air intake.
You will have to remove the Z Filters to access the mesh pre-filters. The Permanent Mesh Pre-Filters help Filter capture larger airborne particles, such as dust and pet hair/fur. The Permanent Mesh Pre-Filters should be cleaned every 3 months.
These replacement/cleaning intervals are intended as guidelines only. Performance of any filter media is dependent upon the concentration of contaminants going through the system. High concentrations of contaminants such as dust, pet dander, and smoke will reduce the useful performance of the filters. To help ensure stated product performance, use only Certified Honeywell Replacement Filters.
REPLACING THE 3-IN-1 HEPA FILTERS
Power OFF and unplug the air purifier. Remove and dispose of used filters. See installation instructions in FIRST TIME USE section on page 3 . This Honeywell True HEPA Professional Series™ Air Purifier takes two 3-in-1 HEPA Filters (Item no. HRF-Z2). The Filter Filter Replacement Pack includes 2 filters. This is a 1 year supply.
NOTE: the 3-in-1 HEPA Filter Filters are not washable. DO NOT immerse them in water.
CLEANING PERMANENT MESH PRE-FILTERS
The Permanent Mesh Pre-Filters trap and capture larger airborne particles that enter the intake grilles. It is important to keep these clean to optimize airflow into the purifier and trap the larger debris before it reaches the HEPA Filters. These pre-filters can be periodically removed and shaken or vacuumed clean. Alternatively, they can be rinsed by hand under warm water to clean. Let the pre-filters air dry completely before inserting them back in to the air purifier. The pre-filters should be cleaned every 3 months.
To access the Permanent Mesh Pre-Filters, you will need to remove the two HEPA Filters. Power OFF and unplug the air purifier. The Permanent Mesh Pre-Filters are located on each side of the air purifier at the air intake. Grasp the plastic tab(s) for removal (see Fig. 4) and gently pull inward and out of the unit clearing the metal retention tabs. To replace clean (and dry) pre-filters, simply return them to the same location and set them in place by securing them behind the metal retention tabs (see Fig. 5).
AFTER YOU HAVE REPLACED OR CLEANED THE FILTERS YOU WILL NEED TO RESET THE ELECTRONIC FILTER CHECK.
TO RESET THE ELECTRONIC FILTER CHECK
After the HEPA filters have been replaced and/or the pre-filters cleaned and re-installed in the unit, plug the unit into the power outlet and TAP the icon. Press and hold the reset icon next to the illuminated filter indicator for 2-3 seconds. A chime will sound and the indicator light will flash for 3 seconds and then shut off to show the timer has been reset. Repeat step if the other Check Filter Indicator is illuminated.
NOTE: If you clean the pre-filters or replace the 3-in-1 HEPA filters before the Check Filter Indicator is illuminated, it is possible to re-set the Indicator Lights. Press and hold the reset icon for 2-3 seconds. A chime will sound and the light will flash for 3 second before shutting off. The filter timer has now been reset.
CLEANING THE PARTICLE SENSOR
The Particle Sensor is an important feature of your air purifier and is located in a compartment on the right side of the air purifier above the air intake grille. It is recommended that the particle sensor be cleaned every 3 months to optimize performance. Use your thumb to open the Particle Sensor Door and use a dry cotton swab to clean the three openings shown of any debris
(see Fig. 5). DO NOT use any cleaners or liquids.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
We recommend that you clean the air purifier at least once every 3 months and before extended storage. Use only a dry cloth to wipe the external surfaces of the air purifier.
DO NOT USE WATER, WAX POLISH, OR ANY CHEMICAL SOLUTION.
If your Air Purifier will not be used for more than 30 days, we recommend that you:
- Remove the 3-in-1 HEPA Filters from the unit.
- Wrap the Filters in an airtight plastic bag for best storage.
ACCESSORIES AND REPACEMENT FILTERS
To ensure stated product performance, use only Certified Honeywell Replacement Filters. You may purchase Honeywell 3-in-1 HEPA Replacement Filter Pack Z (Item No. HRF-Z2) from the retailer where you purchased Filter the air purifier or, directly from www.replacementfilters.com. If you have any questions, please call 1-800-477-0457 or email [email protected]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
My air purifier is starting to make noise and the air output is less. What is wrong?
The filters may be dirty. High amounts of contaminants can block the pores in the filter and stop the air from moving through it. Replace the filters.
How long should I run my air purifier?
The air purifier will be most effective when doors and windows are closed. It is recommended that you run your air purifier while you are at home to help clean the air. If desired or conditions warrant, you may run your air purifier 24 hours a day.
Can I replace the VOC filters or HEPA filters independently?
No, the 3-in-1 HEPA filters have an activated carbon granule layer for VOC/odor reduction built in to the filter. The 3-in-1 Z Filter should be replaced once every for 12 months and the replacement filter HRF-Z2 contains Filter 2 filters so 1 package will last a year.
My air purifier randomly switches operating speeds. Is something wrong?
Check to see if the Honeywell Professional Series™ True HEPA unit is in AUTO Sensing mode. The air purifier will automatically adjust the cleaning level to reduce airborne particles or gases that are present in the room.
When I plug my unit in, I don’t see any lights on the control panel or hear any chimes, what is wrong?
Please ensure the rear door is completely closed. There is an interlock switch that prevents the unit from being powered on if the rear door is not completely closed.
NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM, PLEASE CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST OR SEE YOUR WARRANTY. DO NOT RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL PLACE OF PURCHASE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE MOTOR HOUSING YOURSELF, DOING SO MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE AIR PURIFIER OR PERSONAL INJURY.
5 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
You should first read all instructions before attempting to use this product.
A. This 5 year limited warranty applies to repair or replacement of product found to be defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use or supplemental damage. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty. KAZ IS NOT
LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE
DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase.
B. At its option, Kaz will repair or replace this product if it is found to be defective in material or workmanship.
C. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to repair or from any use not in accordance with the instruction manual.
D. This warranty does not cover the HEPA Filters or Permanent Mesh Pre-Filters except for material or workmanship defects.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio TV technician for help.
Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Documents / Resources
|Honeywell HPA600 Series Professional Series True Hepa Air Purifier [pdf] Owner's Manual|
HPA600 Series, Professional Series True Hepa Air Purifier