Honeywell HCE870 Series ThermaWave 6 Ceramic Heater
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE
USING THIS HEATER
WARNING – READ AND SAVE THESE OPERATING AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS HEATER. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THESE INSTRUCTIONS OR PRODUCT LABELS PLEASE CALL OUR CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVES AT (800) 477-0457 FOR ASSISTANCE BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT
Warning – Failure to follow any of these safety instructions could result in fire, injury or death.
Electrical appliances may expose people to hazards that can cause severe injury as well as death. The use of electrical products may create hazards that include, but are not limited to, injury, fire, electric shock and electrical system damage. These instructions are intended to provide you with the information you need to use the product correctly and to help avoid hazards. When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons including the following:
- Warning – Read all instructions before using this heater.
- Warning – This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, DO NOT let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Use handles when moving this heater. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m) away.
- Warning – Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or invalids. DO NOT leave operating and unattended.
- Warning – ALWAYS unplug heater when not in use.
- Warning – DO NOT operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug, any heater that malfunctions, or any heater that has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
- Warning – For residential use only.
- Warning – DO NOT use outdoors.
- Warning – This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. NEVER locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- Warning – DO NOT run cord under carpeting. DO NOT cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. DO NOT route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be a tripping hazard.
- Warning – This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- Warning – This heater draws 12.5 amps during operation. To prevent overloading a circuit, DO NOT plug the heater into a circuit that already has other appliances working.
- Warning – It is normal for the plug to feel warm to the touch; however, a loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlet.
- Warning – To disconnect the heater, first turn off the product, then grip the plug body and pull it from the wall outlet. NEVER pull by the cord.
- Warning – DO NOT insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
- Warning – To prevent a possible fire, DO NOT block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. DO NOT use on soft surfaces, like a bed, or where openings may become blocked.
- Warning – A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. DO NOT use it in areas where gasoline, paint or flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Warning – Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Warning – ALWAYS plug heater directly into a wall outlet/receptacle. NEVER use with
an extension cord or relocatable power tap (outlet/power strip).
- Warning – NEVER tamper with this product or attempt to fix it. Any tampering with, or modification of this product can result in serious injury, death, or fire. DO NOT open. Risk of electric shock. There are no user-serviceable parts inside.
- Warning – DO NOT remove product labels that contain warnings or safety instruction.
- Caution – The output of this heater may vary and its temperature may become intense enough to burn exposed skin. Use of this heater is not recommended for persons with reduced sensitivity to heat or an inability to react to avoid burns.
- Caution – Before cleaning, or storage, or when not in use, turn the product’s controls to the OFF position and unplug the heater from the electrical outlet and allow to cool.
- Caution – Place the heater on a firm, level, open surface free from obstructions and at least 3 feet (0.9 m) away from any combustible materials. DO NOT use on an unstable surface such as bedding or deep carpeting. Be sure the heater is not in a position where it may be a tripping hazard.
- Caution – If your home has aluminum wiring have a licensed electrician check your receptacle’s connections. When using a 1500 watt heater, aluminum wire connections can cause a safety issue.
- SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
ABOUT CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY
Ceramic heaters generate heat by passing electricity through heating wires embedded in ceramic plates. This type of heating technology provides fast, even heating.
The Thermawave™ 6 Heater was designed for maximum heat output.
This heater requires simple, no tool assembly. Unpack Main Body and Mounting Base (Fig. 1). Place Mounting Base on a firm surface. Place ThermaWaveTM 6 Heater Main Body on Mounting Base so Mounting Tabs are aligned with Base Slots. Press Main Body onto the Base until Tabs snaps secure into the Slots (Fig. 2).
Place the heater on a firm, level, open surface free from obstructions and at least 3 feet (0.9 m) away from any wall or combustible material. DO NOT use on an unstable surface such as bedding or deep carpeting.
BE SURE THE HEATER IS NOT IN A POSITION WHERE IT MAY BE A TRIPPING HAZARD.
For best result, place heater on the floor to create warming room convection and allow heater to run for 5-10 minutes to reach maximum heat output.
MOVING THE HEATER
- Turn off the heater.
- Allow it to cool for ten (10) minutes.
- Unplug heater and move. This heater is equipped with a Cool Touch Handle for your convenience.
NOTE: NEVER LEAVE AN OPERATING UNIT UNATTENDED With the Power Button in the OFF position, plug the heater into a polarized 120V outlet. DO NOT FORCE THE POLARIZED PLUG INTO THE OUTLET; it will only fit one way. The ThermaWaveTM 6 Heater is versatile and designed to be placed in the center of the room or closer to the wall (at least 3 feet away) for maximum convection room heating. ThermaWaveTM 6 Heater Operation Turn heater on by pressing ON button. The heater will default to the low setting. Adjust Louver to give directional heat control. To turn the unit off, press the power until none of the heat settings are illuminated and the red power light is off. The fan will continue running for 60 seconds after the power is shut off, in order to cool down the heating element. Unplug the heater when you are finished using it. The Settings Button is equipped with three settings: Fan Only . The to accommodate your comfort level with the Settings Button ( ). Press the button until the setting you want is illuminated. The Low heat setting does not require as much electricity to operate, it is more energy-efficient and may be a better option if you are concerned about amperage draw on a circuit when the heater is on the High setting. The Adjustable Thermostat button is equipped with 4 pre-set Heat Levels. To set Thermostat to one of these levels, press the Thermostat button until the temperature desired is illuminated. The heater will operate at the High setting until the room reaches the desired temperature. The heater fan will run for 60 seconds and turn off until the room temperature goes below desired temperature it will then turn back on.
The Timer Button is equipped with three settings: two hours (2h) four hours (4h) ) and eight hours (8h). The timer option will illuminate once selected. The timer is not on if none of those three (3) timer settings are illuminated.
The ThermaWave™ 6 Heater is equipped with several devices and features for added protection:
- A 360º tip-over switch that disables the heater if it is tipped in any direction.
- Two high-temperature safety sensors prevent overheating. If activated, unplug the device and wait at least 20 minutes or allow the unit to cool completely. Make sure the operating conditions are safe and then plug the heater back in and follow the OPERATION instructions.
- Thermally insulated wiring for heat resistance and reinforced wire connections to help protect against loose connections.
- Built using a high-temperature plastic and has a cool-to-touch housing and handle.
- The 8 hour timer auto-off is the default setting upon powering the unit on. To select another option, press timer.
We recommend that the ThermaWave™ 6 Heater be cleaned at least once a month and before off-season storage.
- Turn the heater OFF ( ) and unplug it. Allow it to cool.
- Use a dry cloth only to clean the external surfaces of the heater. DO NOT USE WATER, WAXES, POLISHES OR ANY CHEMICAL SOLUTIONS.
- Before storing, clean the ThermaWave™ 6 Heater using the above-mentioned steps. Wrap the cord around the unit. Place in its original box and store it in a cool, dry place.
If your ThermaWave™ 6 Heater shuts off unexpectedly or fails to operate, one of your heater safety features may have been activated to prevent overheating.
- Be sure it is plugged in and that the electrical outlet is working.
- Check for any obstructions. If you find an obstruction, turn the heater OFF and unplug it. Allow the heater to cool completely, then remove the obstruction. Wait at least 20 minutes, then plug the heater back in and follow the OPERATION instructions. Make sure the heater is on a flat level surface so that the tip over switch is not engaged.
- Model(s) 870 Series
- Unit Dimensions 7.75” L x 17.8” W x 18.31” H (assembled)
- Amps 12.5
- Unit Voltage 120V, 60Hz
- Max Watts 1500
- Max BTUs 5118
To estimate the cost to operate this heater, multiply the watts used by 0.001 to convert into kilowatts then multiply the kilowatts used by your local kilowatt-hour electric rate for however long you run the heater. For example, if your electric rate is $0.1326** per kilowatt-hour and you ran this heater in constant high mode (1500 watts) for 4 hours, it would cost you $0.80 cents to run the heater (1500 watts x 4 hours x 0.001) x $0.1326 kwp = $0.80 cents).
NOTE: The Low setting does not require as much electricity to operate, it is more energy-efficient and may be a better option if you are concerned about the higher power consumption when the heater is on the High setting.
3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
YOU SHOULD FIRST READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THIS PRODUCT.
- A. This 3-year limited warranty applies to repair or replacement of product found to be defective in material or workmanshi0p. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use or supplemental damage. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty. KAZ IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase.B.
- B,At its option, Kaz will repair or replace this product if it is found to be defective in material or workmanship.
- C. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to repair or from any use not in accordance with the instruction manual.
Please go to:
www.HoneywellPluggedIn.com/warranty- registration to register your product and to sign up to receive new product information updates and new promotional offers.
In the USA:
THIS DEVICE COMPLIES WITH PART 15 OF THE FCC RULES
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. Please note that changes or modifications of this product not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt – RSS-210. Operation is subject to the following 2 conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference and (2) This device must accept any interference including interference which may result in the undesirable operation of this device.
We are here to help.
Documents / Resources