HoMEDiCS UHE-WM16 TotalComfort Plus Ultrasonic Humidifier Instruction Manual
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always place humidifier on a firm, flat surface. A waterproof mat or pad is recommended for use under the humidifier. Never place it on a rug or carpet, or on a finished floor that may be damaged by exposure to water or moisture.
- Always unplug the unit from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning
- DO NOT reach for a unit that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT place or store the unit where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place or drop into water or other liquids.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- Use this unit only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with this unit.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- NEVER operate the appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Always unplug the unit when filling or moving the unit.
- Ensure that your hands are dry when operating the controls or removing the plug.
- Always hold the humidifier firmly with both hands when carrying a full tank of water.
- DO NOT carry this unit by the power cord or use the power cord as a handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “off” position, then remove the plug from the outlet.
- DO NOT use outdoors. For indoor use only.
- Caution: All servicing of this humidifier must be performed by authorized Homedics service personnel only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION – PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATION.
- This product is intended for household use only.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
- Perform regular maintenance on the ultrasonic membrane.
- Never use detergent to clean the ultrasonic membrane.
- Never clean the ultrasonic membrane by scraping with a hard object.
- Stop using this unit if there is an unusual noise or smell.
- Never operate without water in the tank.
- Only use water in the tank.
- Never use any additive in the water.
- Keep this unit out of reach of children. Do not allow children to use this unit without supervision.
UNIQUE FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
This humidifier uses ultrasonic high frequency technology to convert the water into 1–5 million super particles that are dispersed into the air evenly.
WARM & COOL MIST FUNCTION
Choose either warm or cool mist for customized comfort.
A useful night light feature is included for your convenience.
Programmable timer, up to 8 hours
AUTO SHUT-OFF PROTECTION
When the tank is empty the unit will shut off automatically.
1.4 gallons – 5.29 liters
RUN TIME: UP TO 65 HOURS
Run time is calculated based on using cool water and setting the mist level between the low and medium settings. Based on the natural humidity level in your home, the temperature of water you use, and the mist level setting you choose, you may experience longer or shorter run times.
TOTAL COMFORT™ HUMIDIFIER PLUS WARM AND COOL MIST
CAUTION: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade wider than the other). To reduce the risk of shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. To do so could result in an electric shock hazard.
HOW TO FILL
CAUTION: Before filling unit with water, turn the power off and unplug the unit from the outlet.
NOTE: Always use two hands to carry the water tank.
HOW TO USE
MIST TEMPERATURE SETTING
When the humidifier is powered ON, it will be operating on the default setting—Cool Mist. To change the Mist Temperature from Cool Mist to Warm Mist, press the WARM MIST button. The mist temperature will change to Warm Mist, and WARM MIST button will be illuminated red. To change the Mist Temperature back to Cool Mist, press the WARM MIST button again. The mist temperature will change to Cool Mist, and the light in the WARM MIST button will turn off. NOTE: Once warm mist is selected, it will take up to 20 minutes to heat up before the mist becomes warm.
Press the NIGHT LIGHT button to turn on the tank light. The light at the bottom of the water tank will turn on, illuminating the tank. Press the NIGHT LIGHT( )button again to turn the night light off.
Press the TIMER () button to cycle through the timer settings. Individual lights will indicate 1, 2, 4, or 8-hour timer selections.
HOW TO USE
Plug unit into a 120 volt AC electrical outlet. Turn the POWER/MIST knob clockwise to turn the humidifier on.
MIST ADJUSTMENT SETTING
Mist adjusts from MINIMUM ( ) mist to MAXIMUM mist. To increase the mist output, turn the POWER/MIST knob clockwise. To decrease mist output, turn the POWER/MIST knob counter-clockwise.
ATTENTION: When the water in the tank is almost empty, the humidifying function will power off to indicate to the user to refill the tank.
NOTE: It is normal to have a small amount of water in the base during and after use.
ABOUT WHITE DUST:
Use of high mineral content hard water may cause a white mineral residue to accumulate on surfaces in the room near the humidifier. The mineral residue is commonly called “white dust.” The higher the mineral content (or, the harder your water is), the greater the potential for white dust. The white dust is not caused by a defect in the humidifier. It is caused only by minerals suspended in the water.
HOW AND WHY TO USE DEMINERALIZATION CARTRIDGES:
The HoMedics demineralization cartridge will help reduce the potential for white dust, a deposit of minerals left behind from using hard water in your humidifier.
The cartridge should be replaced every 30 – 40 fillings. The cartridge may need to be replaced more often if you are using very hard water. Replace the cartridge when you notice an increase in white dust build-up. If white dust still forms around the humidifier after a new cartridge has been installed, consider using distilled water. To purchase new demineralization cartridges, model # UHE-HDC4, go back to the retailer (where you purchased your humidifier), or visit (US) www.homedics.com, (CAN) www.homedics.ca
If you live in an area with hard water, or use a water softener, we recommend using distilled water for better results from your humidifier. Never use water softening additives in your humidifier.
- Remove demineralization cartridge from packaging and let it soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tank from humidifier base and turn it over.
- Unscrew the tank cap by turning the cap counter-clockwise.
- Fill the tank with water as shown in the How to Fill section of the instructions included with your humidifier.
- Add the soaked demineralization cartridge into the tank.
- Replace the tank cap by turning clockwise.
- Place the tank back on the base.
CLEANING AND CARE
TO CLEAN THE TANK
Remove the water tank from the humidifier base by lifting it from the main unit. Unscrew the tank cap and rinse inside the tank with clean water.
Every Day: Empty, rinse and dry the tank, tank cap and water reservoir before refilling.
Every Week: To remove any scale or build up, use a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and lukewarm water to clean the inside of the tank.
TO CLEAN THE ULTRASONIC MEMBRANE
Every Day: Empty, rinse and dry the ultrasonic membrane and the reservoir before refilling.
Every Week: Pour a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water on the surface of the ultrasonic membrane and in the reservoir, then soak for five minutes. Brush clean with a soft-bristle brush (not included) and rinse.
NEVER touch the ultrasonic membrane with your fingers as the natural oils in skin can damage the membrane.
NOTE: Never submerge the base in water or any liquid.
TO CLEAN THE SURFACE
Clean the surface of the unit with a clean damp soft cloth as often as needed.
Before Storing: Clean the Tank, Tank Cap, Reservoir and the Ultrasonic Membrane with a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water. Be sure to rinse and let all parts dry completely before storing.
After Storing: Rinse the Tank, Tank Cap, Reservoir and Ultrasonic Membrane with water. Dry completely before filling. Only fill the tank just before operating.
NOTE: This product has been tested and complies with the requirements for Federal Communication Commission, Part 18. Although this product is tested and complies with FCC, it may interfere with other devices. If this product is found to interfere with another device, separate the other device and this product. Conduct only the user maintenance found in this instruction manual. Other maintenance and servicing may cause harmful interference and can void the required FCC compliance.
Caution: All servicing of this humidifier must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a consumer relations representative for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state and country to country. Because of individual state and country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com. For Canada, please visit: www.homedics.ca.
FOR SERVICE IN THE USA:
Email: [email protected]
Monday-Friday 8:30am-7:00pm EST
FOR SERVICE IN CANADA:
Email: [email protected]
Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm EST
©2014-2017 HoMedics, LLC. All Rights Reserved. HoMedics is a registered trademark of HoMedics, LLC. Total Comfort and Leaders in Home Environment are trademarks of HoMedics, LLC. Made in China. IB-UHEWM15C
Made In China
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Documents / Resources
|HoMEDiCS UHE-WM16 TotalComfort Plus Ultrasonic Humidifier [pdf] Instruction Manual|
UHE-WM16, TotalComfort Plus Ultrasonic Humidifier
- HoMedics Official Site - Massage, relaxation and wellness products - HoMedics.com
- Product Registration - HoMedics.com
- HoMedics Official Site - Massage, relaxation and wellness products - HoMedics.com