HOMEDICS Total Clean Air Purifier Instruction Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
DANGER - TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always unplug the air purifier from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning or replacing filters.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Always place the air purifier on a firm, level surface.
- Always place the air purifier at least 6 inches away from walls and 3 feet from heat sources, such as stoves, radiators, or heaters.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately. ·
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Keep dry — DO NOT operate in wet or moist conditions.
- Check your air purifier cord and plug connections. Faulty wall outlet connections or loose plugs can cause the outlet or plug to overheat. Be sure the plug fits tightly in the outlet.
This product complies with the maximum allowable concentration of ozone of 0.050 parts per million by volume (ppmv) in a 24-hour period. The Health Canada Guideline 2010 recommends that the maximum exposure limit, based on an averaging time of 8 hours, is 0.020 ppmv or less when tested in a sealed, controlled room approximately 30 m3.
NOTE: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
CAUTION: DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. To do so could result in an electric shock hazard.
WARNING - TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- Always unplug the air purifier when not in use.
- DO NOT operate the air purifier with a damaged cord or plug, or after the air purifier malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return to a HoMedics Service Center for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
- This air purifier is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas, and similar moist indoor locations.
- DO NOT run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic areas where it can be tripped over.
- To disconnect the air purifier, first turn controls to the off position, then remove plug from outlet.
- DO NOT tilt or move the air purifier while it is in operation. Shut off and remove plug from outlet before moving.
- DO NOT insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the air purifier.
- DO NOT block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on any soft surface, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- Use this air purifier only for its intended use as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- This product is intended for household use only.
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY REFERENCE.
UNIQUE FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
ALL-IN-ONE HEPA-TYPE FILTRATION SYSTEM
- HEPA-TYPE FILTRATION
Removes up to 99% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, such as allergens, pollen, dust, germs, pet dander, odor, mold spores, and smoke from air that passes through the filter.
- CARBON ODOR FILTRATION
Reduces household odors and VOCs (volatile organic compounds/gases) as shown by independent laboratory testing.
Captures large particles.
IONIZER WITH ON/OFF
When on, assists in the air purification process.
Low and high.
Built-in night-light with on/off.
REPLACE FILTER INDICATOR
Illuminates when it is time to replace the filter.
SUGGESTED ROOM SIZE
90 FT2/8.3 M2. Portable air purifiers will be more effective in a closed room.
AIR CHANGES PER HOUR
This air purifier will change the air in a 291 FT2/27 M2 closed room every hour on high speed assuming an 8 FT/2.43 M ceiling.
Includes 3 essential oil pads. Use with essential oil (not included) to deliver scent into the air.
HOW TO USE
BEFORE TURNING THE UNIT ON
- Take the air purifier out of the box and remove the clear protective plastic bag.
- Place the air purifier on a firm, level surface.
- Plug the power cord into a household electrical outlet.
POWER BUTTON AND FAN SPEED SETTINGS
- To turn the air purifier on, press the power button.
- This air purifier has 2 fan speed settings: low (1) and high (2). The higher the fan speed setting, the faster the air will be purified. To select or change fan speed, press the fan speed button until the desired setting is reached.
IONIZER SETTING WITH ON/OFF
Ion particles have a negative charge that attaches to airborne particles, making them easier to be captured by the filtration system. Press the ionizer button to turn the ionizer on. The blue light will glow to indicate the ionizer is in use. Press the ionizer button again to turn the ionizer off.
NOTE: Dust particles may accumulate on surfaces around the air purifier when the ionizer is in use. These dust particles can be vacuumed or wiped away with a soft, damp cloth.
NOTE: You may hear occasional popping sounds when the ionizer is used. This is normal.
NOTE: The ionizer produces less ozone than the UL-established limits of 0.05 ppm. Ozone may be harmful around birds and small pets. To prevent ozone buildup, use the ionizer feature in a well-ventilated area.
The nightlight has 3 options. Press the night-light button once to turn the blue night-light on. Press again to turn the blue night-light and display lights off. Press a third time to turn the display lights on.
Use essential oil (not included) to deliver scent into the air.
NOTE: For use with the included HoMedics essential oil pads only. Do not add essential oils anywhere else in the unit as it may cause damage.
NOTE: Do not leave a filled essential oil pad in the oil tray if it will be out of use for a long period of time.
ARE ESSENTIAL OILS SAFE TO USE AROUND PETS?
We should always exercise caution when using essential oils around our pets. Keep all essential oil and aromatherapy products (like diffusers) out of reach of pets. Keep open bottles away from pets to avoid internal consumption. We do not recommend the topical use of essential oils on pets, as they have a strong sense of smell and cannot get rid of the oil if they don’t like it or it is disturbing them. When diffusing essential oils around pets, always diffuse in a well-ventilated area and leave an option for them to remove themselves from the space, such as leaving a door open. Every animal is different, so carefully observe how each animal responds when introducing an essential oil for the first time. If irritation occurs, discontinue the use of the essential oil. We recommend seeking medical attention if ingestion of essential oil occurs.
ADDING ESSENTIAL OILS
WARNING: PUTTING OIL ANYWHERE BUT THE OIL TRAY WILL DAMAGE THE AIR PURIFIER.
To purchase genuine HoMedics Replacement Essential Oil Pads, Model # UHE-PAD1, go to the retailer where you purchased your HoMedics TotalClean Air Purifier, or visit www.homedics.com (US), www.homedics.ca (CAN).
REPLACE FILTER NOTIFICATION
The power button will flash red when it is time to replace the HEPA-type filter based on the air purifier’s hours of use.
REPLACING THE HEPA-TYPE FILTER
For optimal performance, replace every 12 months under normal usage conditions.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
CLEANING THE PREFILTER
NOTE: For best performance, vacuum the prefilter once a month under normal usage.
- Unplug the air purifier.
- Remove the HEPA-type filter as described in the Replacing the HEPA-Type Filter section.
- Vacuum the outside of the HEPA-type filter using the brush attachment of your vacuum cleaner, cleaning it thoroughly.
- Place the HEPA-type filter back into the air purifier and close the filter cover.
- Plug the power cord into a household electrical outlet.
TO CLEAN THE OIL TRAY
Open the oil tray and remove the pad. Essential oil pads should be changed when switching to a different essential oil scent. If continuing to use the same scent, set the essential oil pad aside for reuse. Wipe down the inside of the oil tray with a soft cloth. Place the essential oil pad back in the tray and close.
NOTE: Leave the essential oil pad out of the oil tray when storing.
FOR BEST PERFORMANCE:
- NEVER use water or any household cleaners or detergents to clean the HEPA-type filter.
- Clean off the outside of the unit with a soft, dry cloth as needed.
- NEVER use water, wax, polish, or any chemical solution to clean the outside of the unit.
- Clean off the grille using a soft, damp cloth or the brush attachment of your vacuum as needed.
- Vacuum the prefilter monthly under normal usage conditions.
- Replace the HEPA-type filter every 12 months under normal usage conditions.
- Always use a genuine HoMedics replacement filter for optimal performance.
This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. EPA. Room air cleaners have demonstrated the potential for improving air quality and providing health benefits. EPA does not endorse manufacturer claims regarding the degree to which a specific product will produce healthier indoor air. The energy efficiency of this ENERGY STAR certified model is measured based on a ratio between the model’s CADR for Smoke and the electrical energy it consumes, or CADR/Watt.
LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of 3 years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a Consumer Relations representative for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including but not limited to Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer, or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/ or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS THAT ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof that are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights that may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit www.homedics.com. For Canada, please visit www.homedics.ca.
FOR SERVICE IN THE USA
8:30am7:00pm EST MondayFriday
FOR SERVICE IN CANADA
8:30am5:00pm EST MondayFriday
©2020 HoMedics, LLC. All rights reserved. HoMedics, TotalClean, and HoMedics Leaders in Home Environment are registered trademarks of HoMedics, LLC.
Distributed by HoMedics, LLC, 3000 N Pontiac Trail, Commerce Township, MI 48390
Made in China
Documents / Resources
|HOMEDICS Total Clean Air Purifier [pdf] Instruction Manual|
Total Clean Air Purifier
- HoMedics Official Site - Massage, relaxation and wellness products - HoMedics.com
- Product Registration - HoMedics.com
- HoMedics Official Site - Massage, Relaxation & Wellness Products