HoMEDICS SP-180J Cordless Double-Barrel Body Massager Instruction Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY
PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
DANGER – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- ALWAYS unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or in a shower.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- NEVER use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTRIC SHOCK, FIRE, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should NEVER be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use, and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- NOT for use by children.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by the supply cord or use cord as a handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the off position, then remove plug from outlet.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- NEVER operate the appliance with the air openings blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
- Use heated surfaces carefully. May cause serious burns. DO NOT use over insensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of heat by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
- NEVER operate on a soft surface such as a bed or couch where the air openings may be blocked.
- Recharge only with the charger provided with the unit. A charger that is suitable for one type of battery pack may create a risk of fire when used with another battery pack. Only chargers bearing the Part #: PP-SP180JADP should be used.
- DO NOT expose a battery pack or appliance to fire or excessive temperature. Exposure to fire or temperature above 265°F may cause explosion.
- Follow all charging instructions and do not charge the battery pack or appliance outside of the temperature range specified in the instructions. Charging improperly or at temperatures outside of the specified range may damage the battery and increase the risk of fire. Product operating and charging range: 0°C – 40°C.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION – PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATING.
- Consult your doctor prior to using this product if:
- You are pregnant
- You have a pacemaker
- You have any concerns regarding your health
- NOT recommended for use by diabetics.
- NEVER leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies.
- NEVER use this product while driving an automobile.
- This appliance is designed for household use only.
CAUTION: To avoid pinching, do not lean on the shiatsu massage mechanism in the pillow when adjusting your body position. Do not jam or force any part of your body into the moving massage mechanism.
NOTE: Only gentle force should be exerted against the unit in order to eliminate risk of injury. You may soften massage force by placing a towel between yourself and the unit.
This product has an internal, non replaceable lithium-ion battery. This battery is not user-serviceable. Please dispose in accordance with local, state, province, and country regulations.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Your unit should arrive with a full charge. When you need to charge the unit, plug the adapter into the jack on the unit, and plug the other end into a 120-volt outlet. The power p button will illuminate red when charging and will change to green once fully charged. The unit should be charged after 5 hours of charge time. A full charge will last up to 2 hours.
- This massager is versatile and can be used for neck, shoulder, back, legs, arms and feet (Fig. 1-3). For use on neck, shoulders, or back, attach the adjustable straps to the ends of the unit (Fig. 4), use the straps to hold the massager in the desired area. The double-barrel design allows the massager to roll up and down your body relaxing muscles and alleviating pain as it rolls.
- To activate the massage action, press and hold the power button (Fig. 5) and the vibration waves will start on the lowest setting. Press again for medium intensity and a third time to experience the highest intensity. To turn the unit off, press and hold.
- When not in use, store your Cordless Double-Barrel Massager in its convenient carrying case.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: HoMedics is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment. Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
CORDLESS DOUBLE-BARREL MASSAGE
2-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a Consumer Relations representative for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available HoMedics does not authorize anyone including but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS THAT ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof that are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights that may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
FOR SERVICE IN THE USA
8:30am–7:00pm EST Monday–Friday
FOR SERVICE IN CANADA
8:30am–5:00pm EST Monday–Friday
Documents / Resources
|HoMEDICS SP-180J Cordless Double-Barrel Body Massager [pdf] Instruction Manual|
SP-180J, Cordless Double-Barrel Body Massager