HoMEDiCS Shiatsu Foot Massager
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
To disconnect, turn all controls to the ‘OFF’ position, then remove plug from outlet.
- NEVER leave an appliance unattended when plugged in. Unplug from the mains outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen in water or other liquids. Switch off at the mains and unplug it immediately. Keep dry – DO NOT operate in wet or moist conditions.
- NEVER insert pins or other metallic fasteners into the appliance.
- Use this appliance for the intended use as described in this booklet. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics.
- NEVER operate the appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to the HoMedics Service Centre for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Excessive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by the cord or use cord as a handle.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- DO NOT crush. Avoid sharp folds.
- This product requires a 230V AC power.
- DO NOT attempt to repair the appliance. There are no user serviceable parts. For service, send to a HoMedics Service Centre. All servicing of this appliance must be performed by authorised HoMedics service personnel only.
- DO NOT sit or stand on the massage (back) part of the appliance. The unit should only be used when attached to a chair with the back in the vertical position.
- Never block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch.
Keep air openings free of lint, hair etc.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a bath or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE.
- DO NOT use on an infant, invalid or on a sleeping or unconscious person. DO NOT use on insensitive skin or on a person with poor blood circulation.
- This appliance should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies in the lower half of their body.
- NEVER use directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- If you feel any discomfort whilst using this appliance, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- This is a non-professional appliance, designed for personal use and intended to provide a soothing massage to worn muscles. DO NOT use as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use before going to bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- Do not use for longer than the recommended time.
- Care should be taken when using heated surfaces. If the product feels excessively hot, switch off at mains and contact the HoMedics Service Centre.
- Not recommended for use on wooden surfaces as the zipper may damage the wood.
Caution is also recommended when using on upholstered furniture.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Always ensure the appliance is set to the ‘OFF’ before inserting the plug into a mains outlet.
- Plug the appliance into a 230V mains outlet and switch on.
- Place the massager on the floor in front of your chair.
- To activate the massage, press the ‘Power’ button once.
- Position your feet over the rotating massage heads, applying a level of pressure that feels comfortable for you. It is highly recommended that this appliance is used with socked feet.
- To activate heat with the massage, press the ‘Power’ button a second time.
- To switch off, press the ‘Power’ button till the massage heads stop moving
- DO NOT attempt to stand on this Foot Massager. Use only while seated.
- The Heat function will only work when the massage is in use.
- DO NOT use the massage or heat functions continuously for more than 20 minutes.
Unplug the appliance and allow to cool before cleaning. Clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge.
- Never allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the appliance.
- Do not immerse in any liquid to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, glass / furniture polish, paint thinner etc to clean.
Place the appliance in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place.
To avoid breakage, DO NOT wrap the cord around the appliance or hang the unit by the cord.
Plug (MODEL FM-TS9-GB ONLY)
If the plug on this appliance is damaged, it can be replaced with a BS 1363 plug, fitted with a BS 1362 fuse. Only use a Samp fuse with this appliance.
Care must be taken when changing the plug.
If in doubt, contact a qualified electrician.
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling. (WEEE explanation)