SBM-179H-GB Shiatsu Back & Shoulder Massager
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning. To disconnect, turn all controls to the `OFF’ position, then remove plug from outlet
- NEVER leave an appliance unattended when plugged in. Unplug from the mains outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen in water or other liquids. Switch off at the mains and unplug it immediately. Keep dry DO NOT operate in wet or moist conditions.
- NEVER insert pins or other metallic fasteners into the appliance.
- Use this appliance for the intended use as described in this booklet. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by Homeric.
- NEVER operate the appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to the Homeric Service Centre for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Excessive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by the cord or use cord as a handle.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- DO NOT crush. Avoid sharp folds.
- This product requires a 220-240 V AC power.
- DO NOT attempt to repair the appliance. There are no user serviceable parts. For service, send to a Homeric Service Centre. All servicing of this appliance must be performed by authorised Homeric’s service personnel only.
- DO NOT sit or stand on the massage (back) part of the appliance. The unit should only be used when attached to a chair with the back in the vertical position.
- Never block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch. Keep air openings free of lint, hair etc.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a bath or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Failure to follow the above may result in the risk of fire or injury.
- Burns can result from improper use.
- When the unit is working, do not touch the moving massage mechanism with any body part except your back.
SAFETY CAUTIONS :
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health, consult a doctor before using this appliance.
- Individuals with pacemakers and pregnant women should consult a doctor before using this appliance. Not recommended for use by Diabetics
- DO NOT use on an infant, invalid or on a sleeping or unconscious person. DO NOT use on insensitive skin or on a person with poor blood circulation.
- This appliance should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies in the lower half of their body.
- NEVER use directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- If you feel any discomfort whilst using this appliance, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- This is a non-professional appliance, designed for personal use and intended to provide a soothing massage to worn muscles. DO NOT use as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use before going to bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- Do not use for longer than the recommended time.
- Not recommended for use on wooden surfaces as the zipper may damage the wood. Caution is also recommended when using on upholstered furniture.
- Care should be taken when using heated surfaces. If the product feels excessively hot, switch off at mains and contact the Homeric Service Centre.
- Only gentle force should be exerted against the seat in order to eliminate risk of injury.
- You may soften massage force by placing a towel between yourself and the unit.
- The appliance has a heated surface. Persons insensitive to heat must be careful when using the appliance.
- Not recommended for use on leather furniture.
- Please ensure that all hair, clothing and jeweler are kept clear of the massage mechanism or any other moving parts of the product at all times.
Plug (MODEL SBM-179H-GB ONLY)
If the plug on this appliance is damaged, it can be replaced with a BS 1363 plug, fitted with a 3A BS 1362 fuse. Only use a 3amp fuse with this appliance. Care must be taken when changing the plug. If in doubt, contact a qualified electrician.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE :
IMPORTANT – Preparing the appliance for use
The Shiatsu Massager comes with a screw located on the back of the unit to protect the massage mechanism during shipment, which must be removed before the first use to allow the shiatsu feature to function. Use the provided Allen key. Then, properly dispose of the screw.
Warning – Failure to remove screw may cause permanent damage to the massager.
Error: all remote control LEDS flash for a few seconds.
Cause: massager overloaded.
Solution: ensure the allen key bolt/screw has been removed from back of the massage cushion (using the allen key included). Should the condition continue after this please contact your HoMedics service centre.
NOTE: complete steps 1 to 3 before switching the appliance on at the mains.
- Attach the Massage seat to almost any chair using the integrated strap located at the back of the seat. Ensure it is held firmly in place by adjusting the strap as necessary.
- Connect the power supply into a 230V AC mains outlet.
- Once seated, use the control to operate the appliance. Press the button & select the desired massage zone to start the massage.
- Press the q button to stop the massage.
- There is a 15 minute auto shut-off on this appliance for your safety. This feature should not be considered as a substitute for `OFF’. Always remember to switch the appliance off when not in use.
- The moving Shiatsu mechanism always”parks”or finishes in its lowest position. It will continue to this position after the power has been turned off. If the electrical supply is interrupted, when power is restored, the mechanism will “park” or move to its lowest position.
Unplug the appliance and allow to cool before cleaning. Clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge.
- Never allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the appliance.
- Do not immerse in any liquid to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, glass / furniture polish, paint thinner etc to clean.
Place the appliance in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects which might cut or puncture the fabric surface. To avoid breakage, DO NOT wrap the power cord around the appliance. DO NOT hang the unit by the cord.
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling.
Documents / Resources
|HOMEDICS SBM-179H-GB Shiatsu Back & Shoulder Massager [pdf] Instruction Manual|
SBM-179H-GB, Shiatsu Back Shoulder Massager, Shoulder Massager, Shiatsu Back Massager, Massager, SBM-179H-GB