Instruction Manual and Warranty Information
1 year limited warranty
The sounds of nature soothe human nature
Thank you for purchasing EnviraScape, HoMedics’ tabletop relaxation fountain. This, like the entire HoMedics product line, is built with high-quality craftsmanship to provide you with years of dependable service. We hope that you will find it to be the finest product of its kind.
EnviraScape enables you to create an all-encompassing environment with sound. The sound of flowing water enhances your environment by releasing negative ions, and promoting relaxation. Only EnviraScape offers you the luxury of these vital benefits with its creative design which adds beauty to any indoor environment.
Innovative, Artistic Design
Enhances the environment at home or at work.
4 Water-flow Speeds
Select the pace that meets your mood.
Durable Electrical Water Pump
Can be operated from any indoor electrical outlet.
Easy to Assemble
Assembles in minutes with simple, illustrated instructions.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Do not connect to any voltage other than that shown on the pump.
- Do not pump flammable liquids.
- Do not use water above 90• F.
CAUTION: The pump must be completely submerged in water. If the pump is making noises, most likely it is not completely submerged in water.
CAUTION: Only set the fountain and fountain parts on waterproof surfaces
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with the unit.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord, plug, pump, cable or housing. If it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, return it to Homedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for indoor use only. Do not use the outdoors.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution – Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- This unit should not be used by children without adult supervision.
- Connect the pump with the proper voltage as indicated on the pump label.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
- Unplug the pump from the power source before cleaning, maintenance, or disassembling.
- To get the best flowing effect, the product must be placed on a flat surface and should never be placed on an electrical appliance.
- Never let pump run dry, as this will shorten life of the pump.
- Do not lift, carry, hang, or pull the pump by the power cord.
- Operate with freshwater only.
- Operate pump completely submerged for proper cooling.
• The electrical cord of this product cannot be replaced. If it sustains damage, you must stop using this product immediately and return it to the HoMedics Service Center for repair. (See the warranty section for HoMedics address.)
• Disconnect the appliance from outlet before putting hands into water.
Assembly and Instructions for Use
- Unpack the product. Wipe off dust with a damp cloth.
- Familiarize yourself with the pump. The pump speed is controlled by the dial located at the front of the pump. The speed is indicated by a “min” and “max” (Fig 1). At its highest speed level, the dial will cease to move any further. To decrease the pump speed, move the dial counter-clockwise toward the “min” sign. Similarly, at its lowest speed, the dial will cease to move any further.
- Lead the cord through the cord slot on the bottom of the base. This will ensure that the unit is balanced when placed on a flat surface. Attach the A/C adaptor jack to the base power cord. DO NOT plug into outlet at this time (Fig. 2).
- Place the platform on the supporting poles of the base (Fig. 2).
- Insert the PVC tube located under middle tier into the pump (Fig. 2).
- Insert the LED light cord through the small hole located under the middle tier (Fig. 2).
- Align the cut-out at the bottom edge of middle tier with the edge of base so it sits flat on the base (Fig. 3).
NOTE: Pump position should be corresponding to the drawing on base.
- Insert the LED light connector into the LED light socket on the bottom of top tier, and then insert the water supply connector on the bottom of the top tier into the larger hole of the middle-tier (Fig. 4).
- Add clean water into middle tier (Approx. 10oz), and then into base (Approx. 56.5oz). The water level should be even with the watermark. Next, arrange the stones provided on the top tier, middle tier, and the platform as desired (Fig. 5).
- Plug the cord into 120V household outlet. The fountain is controlled by the switch located on the power cord. If PUMP pump doesn’t operate, rotate the in-line switch once to turn “on” and once more to turn “off”.
NOTE: Ensure that the electrical cord loops below the electrical outlet to form a ‘Drip Loop’ (Fig. 6). This will prevent water from running down the cord into the electrical outlet.
- As this product has two flowing directions, unplug the power source before changing fountain position. To do so, turn top tier counterclockwise 90 degrees. When water has stopped flowing from it, switch the fountain back on (Fig. 7).
- To clean the pump:
Unplug from electrical outlet. Remove it from the base of the fountain.
Use a small brush or stream of water to remove any debris (Fig 8).
- To keep water clean:
Periodically change water and clean the product according to the water condition. Keeping the water clean prevents the water from becoming sticky and forming micro-organisms.
- To clean off hard water deposits on the base or rocks:
Soak the container and rocks in a mixture of vinegar and water to clean and remove any mineral build-up.
- Keeping the water at an optimum level:
Add water periodically to keep water level at an optimum level to avoid shortening the life of the pump.
NOTE: Never let the pump run dry, as this will shorten the life of the pump.
- Fountain Storage
Unplug the fountain from the electrical outlet, empty the water, and store rocks and fountain in a dry, cool place.
Caution: All servicing of this fountain must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
Attention: In order to get best results, please operate pump completely submerged. Keep the water level above the minimum water level ALL THE TIME.
- If the pump fails to operate, check the following:
Check the circuit breaker, or try a different outlet to make sure the pump is getting electrical power. NOTE: Always disconnect from electrical outlet before handling the pump. Check the pump discharge and tubing for kinks and obstructions. Algae build up can be flushed out with a garden hose. Remove the pump inlet to access the impeller area. Turn the rotor to ensure it is not broken or jammed. Monthly maintenance will add to your pump’s life.
NOTE: Ensure that the electrical cord loops below the electrical outlet to form a ‘Drip Loop’. This will prevent water from running down the cord into the electrical outlet.
- If the pump gurgles, spews, or “burps”:
Check the water level to make sure the pump has enough water to function.
- Obtaining a desired water level:
Check the water level daily the first week to measure the rate of evaporation; refill with water as needed.
- If water is splashing outside the fountain:
Rocks that are hit by water and also touch the edge of the base will cause water to splash outside of the base and contribute to the splash factor. Expect some splash to occur as you get the rocks organized.
If splash continues, adjust the flow control valve to a lower setting, and/or rearrange the river rocks by moving them away from the edge of the base.
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to the sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
e-mail: [email protected]
© 2007 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Envirascape™ is a trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
Homedics WFL-RVRB EnviraScape River Bend Illuminated Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics WFL-RVRB EnviraScape River Bend Illuminated Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download