ILLUMINATED RELAXATION FOUNTAIN
Instruction Manual and Warranty Information
The soothing sounds of nature
Thank you for purchasing EnviraScape, HoMedics’ relaxation fountain. This, like the entire HoMedics product line, is built with high-quality craftsmanship to provide you years of dependable service. We hope that you will find it to be the finest product of its kind.
EnviraScape enables you to create an all-encompassing environment with sound. The sound of flowing water enhances your environment by releasing negative ions, and promoting relaxation. Only EnviraScape offers you the luxury of these vital benefits with its creative design which adds beauty to any indoor environment.
- Innovative, artistic design enhances the environment at home or at work.
- Special effect lighting illuminates the fountain for a more dramatic effect.
- The soothing sound of cascading waters creates a stress-free ambiance.
- Improves concentration by masking distractions so you can stay focused.
- Durable electrical water pump can be operated from any indoor electrical outlet.
- Fountain measures:
16″ L x 8.25″ W x 26″ H
40.6 L x 20.9 W x 66 H cm
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into the water. Unplug it immediately.
- Do not place or store an appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Do not connect to any voltage other than that shown on the pum• Do not pump flammable liquids.
- Do not use water above 86 Fahrenheit.
WA R N I N G – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord, plug, pump, cable or housing. If it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, return it to Homedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not carry this appliance by the power cord or use cord as a handle.
- To disconnect, remove the plug from the outlet.
- This appliance is designed for indoor use only. Do not use the outdoors.
CAUTION: The pump must be completely submerged in water. If the pump is making noises, most likely it is not completely submerged in water.
CAUTION: Only set the fountain and fountain parts on waterproof surfaces
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution – Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- This unit should not be used by children without adult supervision.
- Connect the pump with the proper voltage as indicated on the pump label.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
- Unplug the pump from power source before cleaning, maintenance or disassembling.
- To get the best flowing effect, product must be placed on a flat waterproof surface and should never be placed on an electrical appliance .
- Never let the pump run dry, as this will shorten life of the pump.
- Do not lift, carry, hang, or pull the pump by the power cord.
- Operate with tap or distilled water only.
- Operate pump completely submerged for proper cooling.
- The electrical cord of this product cannot be replaced. If it sustains damage, you must stop using this product immediately and return it to the HoMedics Service Center for repair. (See the warranty section for HoMedics address.)
- Disconnect the appliance from outlet before putting hands into water.
- HoMedics has provided the optimum length power cord for this product to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. We do not recommend the use of an extension cord.
Assembly and Instructions for Use
- Unpack the product. Wipe off dust with a damp cloth.
- Familiarize yourself with the pump. The pump speed is controlled by the switch located at the front of the pump. The speed is indicated by a plus (+) and minus (-) sign. To increase the speed, move the switch slowly downward in the direction of the plus sign. You will hear a click as the switch moves to each speed level. At its highest speed level, the switch will cease to move any further. To decrease the pump speed, move the switch upward toward the minus sign. Similarly, at its lowest speed, the switch will cease to move any further (Fig 1).
NOTE: It is recommended the pump be set at its highest speed during assembly and later adjusted to a lower setting if desired. Be sure to unplug the pump before adjusting the speed setting.
Attention: In order to get the best results, please operate the pump completely submerged. Keep the water level above the minimum water level ALL THE TIME.
- Insert the rubber end of large waterproof light into the light clip located inside the base.
(Fig.2) Slight twisting may help to push the rubber end through the clip more easily.
Note: Be gentle with the bulb cover since it is made of glass.
- Lead the power cord for the pump and small light up through the cord slot located on the back wall of the base. (Fig. 3)
- Insert the plastic tube attached to the fountain top through the tube slot located on the back wall of the base. (Fig. 4)
- Be sure the fountain top is sitting level on the base and then secure down using washers and screws. (Fig. 4)
Note: You will need a screwdriver to assemble. (Not included)
- Insert the small waterproof light into the light hole located on the back of the fountain top. (Fig. 5) Slight twisting may help to push the rubber end through the clip more easily
Note: Be gentle with the bulb cover since it is made of glass.
Note: Be sure that the rubber plug at the end of the small waterproof light is securely plugged to prevent water leaking.
- Insert the black connector at the bottom of the plastic tube into the round opening of the pump. (Fig. 6)
- Fill the base with approx. 96 oz. of water. (Fig. 7)
Note: We recommend using distilled water to help prevent mineral build-up.
- Place the screen on the support tabs of base. (Fig. 8)
- Attach the A/C adapter jack to the base power cord. (Fig. 9)
- Plug the cord into 120V household outlet. The fountain is controlled by a switch located on the power cord. If pump does not operate, rotate in-line switch once to turn “on” and once to turn “off”.
Note: Ensure that the electrical cord loops below the electrical outlet to form a “Drip Loop”. This will prevent water from running down the electrical cord into the electrical outlet. (Fig. 10)
• To clean the pump:
Unplug from electrical outlet. Remove it from the base of the fountain. Use a small brush or stream of water to remove any debris (Fig 10).
• To keep water clean:
Periodically change water and clean the product according to the water condition. Keeping the water clean prevents the water from becoming sticky and forming micro-organisms. We recommend distilled water to prevent mineral build-up.
• To clean off hard water deposits on the base:
Soak the container in a mixture of vinegar and water to clean and remove any mineral build-up.
• Keeping the water at an optimum level:
Add water periodically to keep water level at an optimum level to avoid shortening the life of the pump.
NOTE: Never let the pump run dry, as this will shorten the life of the pump.
• Fountain Storage
Unplug the fountain from the electrical outlet, empty the water, and store fountain in a dry, cool place.
• Changing Light Bulbs
First unplug fountain and let bulb cool down. Remove the bulb cover by holding glass bulb cover in dry hand and rubber neck with other hand. Slowly pull apart. Slight twisting may help to loosen. Be gentle with bulb cover since it is glass. Never pull on cord. Next pull bulb straight out and replace with new bulb, inserting prongs into the holes. Replace bulb cover securely.
Caution: All servicing of this fountain must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
• If the pump fails to operate, check the following:
Check the circuit breaker, or try a different outlet to make sure the pump is getting electrical power. NOTE: Always disconnect from electrical outlet before handling the pump.
• If the pump gurgles, spews, or “burps”:
Check the water level to make sure the pump has enough water to function.
•Obtaining a desired water level:
Check the water level daily the first week to measure the rate of evaporation; refill with water as needed.
•If water is splashing outside the fountain:
Adjust the flow control valve to a lower setting on the pump.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below.
HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address: HoMedics Service Center, Dept. 168, 3000 Pontiac Trail, Commerce Township, MI 48390. No COD’s will be accepted. HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the United States of America. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state. Because of individual state regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
Mail To: HoMedi s Consumer Relations Service Center Dept. 168 3000 Pontiac Trail Commerce Township, MI 48390
e-mail: cservice @ homedics.com
phone: 800 – 466 – 3342
© 2006 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Envirascape™ is a trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
Homedics WFL-ITL EnviraScape Italian Gardens Illuminated Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics WFL-ITL EnviraScape Italian Gardens Illuminated Tabletop Relaxation Fountain Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download