Instruction Manual and Warranty Information
2year limited warranty
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING DANGER TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- This adapter included with this unit is intended to be correctly orientated in a vertical or floor-mounted position
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into the water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use it while bathing or in the shower.
- DO NOT place or store an appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- NEVER use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
- Keep dry – DO NOT operate in a wet or moist condition.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should NEVER be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Use heated surfaces carefully. May cause serious burns. Do not use over insensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of heat by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “off” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for personal, non-professional use only.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- Temperatures sufficiently high to cause burns may occur regardless of the control setting.
- DO NOT use on an infant or on a sleeping or unconscious person.
- DO NOT use on insensitive skin or on a person with poor blood circulation. Check the skin in contact with the heated area of the appliance frequently to reduce the risk of blistering.
- DO NOT crush. Avoid sharp folds.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION — PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATING.
- This product is not intended for medical use. It is intended only to provide a luxurious massage.
- Consult your doctor prior to using this product, if
– You are pregnant
– You have a pacemaker
– You have any concerns regarding your health
- Not recommended for use by people with diabetes.
- NEVER leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
- DO NOT use this product on any wooden surface as it may cause damage.
Instructions for Use
For Use in Home or Office
Plug the adapter into a 120 volt AC outlet and plug the receptacle end into the input jack, located along the side of the cushion. Attach the massage cushion to any chair for a luxurious massage as you read, rest or even work.
For Use in Your Car
Simply plug the 12-volt auto adapter into a cigarette outlet and plug the receptacle end into the input jack, located along the side of the cushion. Slip the massage cushion straps over your seat to enjoy a relaxing massage as you drive.
This back massager incorporates a unique strapping system that allows you to fasten it to almost any chair or auto seat. Set the cushion in your seat and adhere the elastic straps firmly around the seatback. Your massager won’t slip or slide around.
To Store Place massager in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects which might cut or puncture the fabric surface. To avoid breakage, do not wrap the power cord around the unit. Do not hang the unit by the controller cord.
To Clean Unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge. Never allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the unit.
- Do not immerse in any liquid to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, gasoline, kerosene, glass/furniture polish, paint thinner to clean.
- Do not attempt to repair the massager. There are no user-serviceable parts. For service, send the unit to the HoMedics address listed in the warranty section.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
Note: The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment. Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment.
Please Note: Not recommended for use on wooden surfaces as the zipper may damage the wood. Caution is also recommended when using on upholstered furniture.
Caution: All servicing of this massager must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(Valid in USA only)
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
HoMedics Service Center 1.800.466.3342
8:30 –5:00 p.m. (EST) M–F
Mail To: HoMedics Service Center Dept. 168 3000 Pontiac Trail Commerce Township, MI 48390
Email: [email protected]
©2008 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies. Back Revitalizer™is a trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies.
All rights reserved
Homedics VC-180 Back Revitalizer 8 Motor Back Massager with Heat Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics VC-180 Back Revitalizer 8 Motor Back Massager with Heat Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download