Homedics UHE-WM350 Total Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier Warm and Cool Mist Instruction Manual and Warranty Information
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED,
INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always place humidifier on a firm, flat surface. A waterproof mat or pad is recommended for use under the humidifier. Never place it on a rug or carpet, or on a finished floor that may be damaged by
exposure to water or moisture.
- Always unplug the unit from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning
- DO NOT reach for a unit that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or in the shower.
- DO NOT place or store the unit where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place or drop into water or other liquids.
- DO NOT use water above 86° Fahrenheit.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- Close supervision is necessary when this unit is used by or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- Use this unit only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with this unit.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- NEVER operate the appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Always unplug the unit when filling or moving the unit.
- Ensure that your hands are dry when operating the controls or removing the plug.
- Always hold the water tank firmly with both hands when carrying a full tank of water.
- NEVER use the humidifier in an environment where explosive gasses are present.
- DO NOT place the humidifier near heat sources, such as a stove, and do not expose the humidifier to direct sunlight.
- DO NOT carry this unit by the power cord or use the power cord as a handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “off” position, then remove the plug from the outlet.
- This product is intended for household use only.
- Caution: All servicing of this humidifier must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION – PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATING.
- Never cover the unit while it is operating.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
- If the cord sustains damage, you must stop using this product immediately and contact HoMedics consumer relations (see Warranty section for consumer relations contact information).
- Perform regular maintenance on the ultrasonic membrane.
- Never use detergent to clean the ultrasonic membrane.
- Never clean the ultrasonic membrane by scraping with a hard object.
- Do not attempt to adjust or repair the unit. Servicing must be performed by professional or qualified personnel.
- Stop using this unit if there is an unusual noise or smell.
- Unplug this unit when not in use for a long period of time.
- Do not touch the water or any parts of the unit that are covered by water while the unit is on or plugged in.
- Never operate without water in the tank.
- Only use water in the tank.
- Never use any additive to the water.
- Do not wash, adjust, or move this unit without first unplugging it from the electrical outlet.
- Keep this unit out of reach of children. Do not allow children to use this unit without supervision.
- DO NOT use outdoors. For indoor use only.
UNIQUE FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
This humidifier uses ultrasonic high frequency technology to convert the water into 1–5 million super
particles that are dispersed into the air evenly
Displays programmed humidity setting, timer setting, warm or cool mist selection and mist output level.
Customize the level of humidity between 35% – 60% in 5% increments.
Programmable timer, up to 12 hours.
NIGHT LIGHT / DISPLAY LIGHTS
A useful light feature is included for your convenience, with the option of independent Night Light and
Display Light ON/OFF controls.
AUTO SHUT-OFF PROTECTION
When the tanks are empty the unit will shut off automatically.
2.0 gallon – 7.57 liters
DUAL WATER TANKS
Refill one tank while the other is running.
RUN TIME: 12-120 HOURS
Run time is calculated based on using cool mist and setting the mist level from the high to the low
setting. Based on the natural humidity level in your home, the temperature of water you use, and the mist
level setting you choose, you may experience longer or shorter run times.
Includes 2 essential oil samples and aroma pads, or use your favorite essential oil to deliver aroma into the air.
TOTAL COMFORT ULTRASONIC HUMIDIFIER WARM & COOL MIST
HOW TO FILL
CAUTION: Before filling unit with water, turn the power off and unplug the unit from the outlet.
NOTE: Always use two hands to carry the water tank.
- Grasp tank handle and lift up from humidifier base.
- Turn the tank upside down—remove the tank cap by turning it counter-clockwise.
- Fill the water tanks with clean, cool (not cold) water. We recommend using distilled water if you live in a hard water area.
Never add essential oils into the water tank. Even a few drops will damage the unit. See page 9 for aroma instructions.
- Replace the tank cap by turning clockwise until tight.
- Install the tank back on the base of the unit. Make sure the tank is firmly seated.
- Your humidifier is ready for use.
HOW TO USE
POWER ON/OFF BUTTON
Plug unit in to a 120 volt AC electrical outlet. Press the POWER button to turn unit on.
MIST OUTPUT LEVEL
Mist adjusts from the lowest output 1 to the highest output 5. To increase the mist output, press the + Button. The corresponding Mist Level will be lit on the display. To decrease mist output, press the –
MIST TEMPERATURE SETTING
To change the mist temperature from Cool to Warm Mist, press the Mist Temperature Button.
WARM will be illuminated on the display. To change the mist temperature from Warm to Cool Mist, press the Mist Temperature Button again. COOL will be illuminated on the display.
NOTE: Once Warm Mist is selected, it will take approximately 20 minutes to heat up before the mist becomes warm.
HOW TO USE
The Programmable Humidistat can be set in 5% increments from 35% – 60% humidity.
To program the humidity level, press the Humidistat Button. Then press the + / – Button. The humidity level will increase / decrease by 5% every time the + / – Button is pressed and will show on the display screen. Keep pressing the + / – Button until the desired programmable humidity setting is reached. The display will show the set humidity level for 5 seconds, then default back to display the mist output level.
NOTE: To eliminate any programmed Humidistat setting, press the Humidistat Button. Then press the + Button until you reach “CO” (continuous on) one level above 60%.
NOTE: When the set humidity level is reached, the humidifier will cycle off until the humidity in the room drops 5% below the set humidity level, then will cycle on until the set humidity level is reached again.
NIGHT LIGHT / DISPLAY LIGHT
Press the Night Light / Display Light Button once to turn on the night light. The light at the bottom of the water tanks will turn on, illuminating the tanks. Press a second time to leave the night light on, but
turn off the display light. Press a third time to turn off the night light and display light so no lights are illuminating. Press a fourth time to turn the display light on.
Press the Timer Button. Keep pressing the Timer Button until the desired timer setting is lit on the display. The Timer Button will cycle through the following settings 0 hours, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours,
12 hours, 0 hours. To turn the Timer off, press the Timer Button until 0 hours is shown on the display.
NOTE: Always be sure the humidifier has a full tank of water prior to using the timer setting.
When the water in the tank is almost empty, the humidifying function will power off to indicate to the user to refill the tank.
NOTE: It is normal to have a small amount of water in the base during and after use.
The aroma feature will function automatically when the mist is turned ON.
HOW TO USE
Choose from 2 included oil samples, or your favorite essential oil to deliver aroma into the air.
NOTE: For use with the Included HoMedics Aroma Pads only.
NOTE: Do not leave a filled Aroma Pad in the Essential Oil Tray of the humidifier if it will be out of use for a long period of time.
- To open the essential oil tray on the lower back panel of the humidifier, press the spring loaded tray. It will pop open, and you can remove the tray.
- Place 1 Aroma Pad into the matching slot in the essential oil tray
- Add 5-7 drops of essential oil to the pad. Depending on your personal preference, you may add more or fewer drops of essential oil.
- Place the essential oil tray back in its compartment and push to close. The aroma will start automatically when the mist is turned ON.
To purchase genuine HoMedics replacement aroma pads, Model # ARMH-PAD1-10PK, go to your retailer where you purchased your TotalComfort Ultrasonic Humidifier Warm & Cool Mist, or visit www.homedics.com.
To purchase genuine HoMedics essential oils, go to your retailer where you purchased your TotalComfort Ultrasonic Humidifier Warm & Cool Mist, or visit www.homedics.com.
ABOUT WHITE DUST:
Use of high mineral content hard water may cause a white mineral residue to accumulate on surfaces in the room near the humidifier. The mineral residue is commonly called “white dust.” The higher the
mineral content (or, the harder your water is), the greater the potential for white dust. The white dust is not caused by a defect in the humidifier. It is caused only by minerals suspended in the water.
HOW AND WHY TO USE DEMINERALIZATION CARTRIDGES:
The HoMedics demineralization cartridge will help reduce the potential for white dust, a deposit of minerals left behind from using hard water in your humidifier. The cartridge should be replaced every 30
– 40 fillings. The cartridge may need to be replaced more often if you are using very hard water. Replace the cartridge when you notice an increase in white dust build-up. If white dust still forms around the humidifier after a new cartridge has been installed, consider using distilled water.
To purchase new demineralization cartridges, model # UHE-HDC4, go back to the retailer (where you purchased your humidifier), or visit www.homedics.com
If you live in an area with hard water, or use a water softener, we recommend using distilled water for better results from your humidifier. Never use water softening additives in your humidifier.
- Remove demineralization cartridges from packaging and let them soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tanks from humidifier base and turn them over.
- Unscrew the tank caps by turning counter-clockwise.
- Fill each tank with water as shown in the How to Fill section of the instructions included with your humidifier.
- Add the soaked demineralization cartridge into each tank.
- Replace the tank caps by turning clockwise.
- Place the tanks back on the base.
CLEANING AND CARE
CAUTION: Before cleaning the unit, turn power off and unplug unit from the outlet.
TO CLEAN THE TANKS
Remove the water tanks from the humidifier base by lifting them from the main unit. Unscrew the tank caps and rinse inside the tanks with clean water.
Every Day: Empty and rinse each tank and tank cap before refilling.
Every Week: To remove any scale or build up, use a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and lukewarm water to clean the inside of the tanks.
TO CLEAN THE ULTRASONIC MEMBRANE
Every Day: Empty, rinse and dry the ultrasonic membrane and the reservoir before refilling.
Every Week: Remove the transducer plate cover. Pour a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water on the surface of the ultrasonic membrane, then soak for five minutes. Brush clean with a soft-bristle brush (not included) and rinse. Replace transducer plate cover.
NEVER touch the ultrasonic membrane with your fingers as the natural oils in skin can damage the membrane.
NOTE: Never submerge the base in water or any liquid
TO CLEAN THE AROMA TRAY
Open the aroma tray and remove the aroma pad. Aroma pads should be changed when switching to a different essential oil scent.
If continuing to use the same scent, set the aroma pad aside for reuse. Wipe down the inside of the aroma tray with a soft cloth. Place the aroma pad back in the tray and close.
NOTE: Leave the aroma pad out of the aroma tray when storing.
TO CLEAN THE SURFACE
Clean the surface of the unit with a clean damp soft cloth.
Before Storing: Clean the Tanks, Reservoir, Tank Caps and the Ultrasonic Membrane with a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water. Be sure to rinse and let all parts dry completely before
storing. Clean the aroma tray with a soft cloth. After Storing: Rinse the Tanks, Reservoir, Ultrasonic Membrane and Aroma Tray with water. Dry completely before filling. Only fill the
tank just before operating.
This product has been tested and complies with the requirements for Federal Communication Commission, Part 18. Although this product is tested and complies with FCC, it may interfere with other
devices. If this product is found to interfere with another device, separate the other device and this product. Conduct only the user maintenance found in this instruction manual. Other maintenance and
servicing may cause harmful interference and can void the required FCC compliance.
Caution: All servicing of this humidifier must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a consumer relations representative for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s
recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY
REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers.
Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state and country to country. Because of individual state and country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com. For Canada, please visit: www.homedics.ca.
FOR SERVICE IN THE USA:
Monday-Friday 8:30am-7:00pm EST
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Homedics UHE-WM350 Total Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier Warm and Cool Mist Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download [optimized]
Homedics UHE-WM350 Total Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier Warm and Cool Mist Instruction Manual and Warranty Information – Download