Homedics FAC-HY100-EU Refresh Hydrafacial Cleansing Tool User Manual
Indulge yourself and your skin with salon-style hydradermabrasion treatments in the comfort of your home.
Homedics Refresh Hydrafacial Cleansing Tool combines vacuum technology and nourishing hydrogen water to deep cleanse pores and hydrate the skin for a clearer, brighter complexion .
For best results use once or twice weekly after your regular cleansing routine.
Hydrogen water is regular water that has been enriched with additional ‘free’ hydrogen
The Japanese have known about the antioxidant benefits of hydrogen water for decades and recent studies* have proven its efficacy in reducing wrinkles, skin blotches and excess oiliness, improving skin hydration, and promoting cell renewal.
Homedics Refresh cleansing tool, creates hydrogen molecules through an ionising process which takes place as the water moves through the window at the back of the tool.
- Cleansing tip
- Power button
- Water tank
- Charging port
- Soft tip (silicone)
- Exfoliating tip (large +)
- Extraction tip (large S)
- Detail tip (small S)
- Cleaning cap
- USB lead
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- To charge: Connect the USB lead to the product and the other end to a USB socket or adapter.
- During charging, the white LED will flash on and off. Once fully charged the LED will turn off.
- A full charge will take approx. 3 hours and will provide around 60 mins use time.
- When you turn the product on, if the white LED flashes 3 times, this indicates that the battery is low and the product needs charging.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Hydradermabrasion is a deep cleansing treatment which will typically cause temporary reddening of the skin. We therefore recommend testing on a small area first to determine how your skin will react. For most people the redness can take an hour or longer to subside, so treatments are usually best done in the evening before going to bed.
Avoid using on the sensitive skin around the eyes and avoid any areas of inflammation.
For a full list of cautions please refer to the Safeguards section below.
FACIAL TREATMENT ROUTINE
Before use: prepare your skin by removing any make up and following your usual cleansing routine.
Rotate the water tank clockwise to remove it.
Fill the ‘clean water’ side of the tank with cold water – approx. 50ml (this is the side with the water droplet icon).
The other side must be left empty.
Re-fit the water tank, by rotating it counterclockwise, ensuring the inlet pipe is inserted into the water.
Choose your preferred cleansing tip, and press it firmly into place on the device.
Large + : General cleansing and exfoliating
Large S : Deep cleansing and extraction
Small S : Nose & chin, detail areas
Silicone: Softer feel tip (personal preference)
Turn on the device by pressing the power button.
The LED will light white.
Press the tip against the skin and immediately start to move it in a slow gliding motion following the contours of your face.
NOTE: After creating a seal against the skin it can initially take up to 8s for the device to prime before the water starts flowing.
- Keep the device constantly moving. Stopping in one spot for too long can cause bruising.
- Do only one pass per area per treatment.
- Pull skin taut for a smoother pass.
As treatment continues the ‘clean water’ side of the tank will empty and ‘dirty water’ will collect in the other side. Once the clean water side is empty, switch off the device.
- Turn off the device by pressing the power button.
- Remove the water tank, empty it, and run a cleaning cycle as described below.
- Wash the cleansing tips and in warm soapy water, rinse well and allow to dry.
- Wash your face with cold water to remove any remaining dead skin cells and then apply your preferred moisturiser.
- NOTE: Avoid using AHA (acid based) moisturisers on the day of treatment
- Depending on your skin type, you may experience some reddening or increased sensitivity after treatment. This is perfectly normal and usually subsides within a few hours.
- Avoid direct sun exposure after treatment, consider applying a stronger sunscreen as required.
Run a cleaning cycle after each use to ensure the internal parts of the device are kept in hygienic clean condition:
- Remove and empty the water tank.
- Fill the ‘clean water’ side of the tank with cold water – approx. 50ml (this is the side with the water droplet icon). The other side must be left empty.
- Re-fit the water tank, ensuring the inlet pipe is inserted into the water.
- Fit the cleaning cap onto the device (in place of the tip)
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until the LED turns green.
- Stand the device upright and wait while the water moves from the clean to the dirty side of the tank.
- Switch the device off by pressing the power button.
- Remove and empty the tank, then wash the tank and cap in warm soapy water, before rinsing and drying.
Never use chemical or abrasive cleaners on any part of the product.
Always switch off / unplug before cleaning the exterior of the device.
Wipe the exterior of the product with a slightly damp cloth. Do not immerse.
For FAQ please visit the website @ www.homedics.co.uk/refresh-hydrafacial
ACCESSORIES AND SPARE PARTS
Available from the website: www.homedics.co.uk
- Cleansing Tips
- Cleaning Cap
- Water Tank
Tanaka Y, Xiao L, Miwa N. Hydrogen-rich bath with nano-sized bubbles improves antioxidant capacity based on oxygen radical absorbing and inflammation levels in human serum. Med Gas Res. 2022 Jul Sep;12(3):91-99. doi: 10.4103/2045-9912.330692. PMID: 34854419; PMCID: PMC8690854.
Kato S, Saitoh Y, Iwai K, Miwa N. Hydrogen-rich electrolyzed warm water represses wrinkle formation against UVA ray together with type-I collagen production and oxidative-stress diminishment in fibroblasts and cell-injury prevention in keratinocytes. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2012 Jan 5;106:24-33. doi: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2011.09.006. Epub 2011 Oct 20. PMID: 22070900.
Asada R, Saitoh Y, Miwa N. Effects of hydrogen-rich water bath on visceral fat and skin blotch, with boiling-resistant hydrogen bubbles.
Med Gas Res. 2019 Apr-Jun;9(2):68-73. doi: 10.4103/2045 9912.260647. PMID: 31249254; PMCID: PMC6607864.
Chilicka K, Rogowska AM, Szyguła R. Effects of Topical Hydrogen Purification on Skin Parameters and Acne Vulgaris in Adult Women. Healthcare (Basel). 2021 Feb 1;9(2):144. doi: 10.3390/healthcare9020144. PMID: 33535651; PMCID: PMC7912839.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE. SAVE THESE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 14 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance.
Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a bath or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen in water or other liquids. Keep dry – DO NOT operate in wet conditions.
- NEVER insert pins, metallic fasteners or objects into the appliance or any opening.
- Use this appliance for the intended use as described in this booklet. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by Homedics.
- NEVER operate the appliance if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Returnit to the Homedics Service Centre for examination and repair.
- DO NOT attempt to repair the appliance. There are no user serviceable parts. All servicing of this appliance must be performed at an authorised Homedics Service Centre.
- Please ensure that all hair, clothing and jewellery are kept clear of the product at all times.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health, consult a doctor before using this appliance.
- Use of this product should be pleasant and comfortable.
Should pain or discomfort result, discontinue use and consult your GP.
- Pregnant women, diabetics and individuals with pacemakers should consult a doctor before using this appliance.
Not recommended for use by individuals with sensory deficiencies including diabetic neuropathy.
- DO NOT use on an infant, invalid or on a sleeping or unconscious person. DO NOT use on insensitive skin or on a person with poor blood circulation.
- This appliance should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls.
- Do not use for longer than the recommended time.
- This product contains a rechargeable battery and should not be exposed to excessive heat. Do not leave in direct sun or near a heat source such as a fire. The battery must not be replaced by the user.
- Failure to follow the above may result in the risk of fire or injury.
- DO NOT USE if you have any of the following conditions:
- Lesions, warts, or varicose veins
- Recent herpes outbreak
- Sunburned, chapped or irritated skin
- Active rosacea
- Auto-immune disease
- Lymphatic disorder
- Skin cancer
- Vascular lesions
- Open wounds, sores, swollen or inflamed skin, skin eruptions
- Other dermatological problems
- Taking oral blood thinners (anti coagulants)
- Taking or taken Roaccutane within the last 12 months
- You have recently had a treatment such as chemical peel (eg AHA), IPL, waxing, or fillers. Allow sufficient time for the skin to heal/recover first.
3 YEAR GUARANTEE
FKA Brands Ltd guarantees this product from defect in material and workmanship for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase, except as noted below. This FKA Brands Ltd product guarantee does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorised accessory; alteration to the product; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of FKA Brands Ltd. This guarantee is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the UK / EU. A product that requires modification or adaptation to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and / or authorised, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this guarantee. FKA Brands Ltd shall not be responsible for any type of incidental, consequential or special damages.
To obtain guarantee service on your product, return the product post-paid to your local service centre along with your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase). Upon receipt, FKA Brands Ltd will repair or replace, as appropriate, your product and return it to you, post-paid. Guarantee is solely through Homedics Service Centre. Service of this product by anyone other than the Homedics Service Centre voids the guarantee. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
For your local Homedics Service Centre, go to www.homedics.co.uk/servicecentres
Your product includes a rechargeable battery designed to last the lifetime of the product. In the unlikely event that you should require a replacement battery, please contact Customer Services, who will supply details of the warranty and out-of-warranty replacement battery service.
This symbol indicates that batteries must not be disposed of in the domestic waste as they contain substances which can be damaging to the environment and health. Please dispose of batteries in designated collection points.
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling.
Distributed in the UK by
FKA Brands Ltd, Somerhill Business Park, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 0GP, UK
FKA Brands Ltd, 29 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, Ireland Customer Support: +44(0) 1732 378557 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents / Resources
|Homedics FAC-HY100-EU Refresh Hydrafacial Cleansing Tool [pdf] User Manual|
FAC-HY100-EU Refresh Hydrafacial Cleansing Tool, FAC-HY100-EU, FAC-HY100-EU Hydrafacial Cleansing Tool, Refresh Hydrafacial Cleansing Tool, Hydrafacial Cleansing Tool, Refresh Cleansing Tool