Hisense F20 User Manual
Manufactured by Hisense Communications Co.,Ltd.
4G LTE Ready
* Please check with your network operator if 4G LTE is
available on your SIM
- High Recognition
Phone, Ultra wide
Display , Cost effective ,
Amazing Photo Shoot
Features, 8MP rear
camera, 2MP front
camera, Beauty shot
for selfie, comfort grip,
Charming Arc Edges ,
Baby Skin, Better User
- Screen displays and
illustrations may differ
from those you see on
actual phone.Some of
the contents of this
guide may not apply to
your phone, depending on the software and your
service provider. All information in this document is
subject to change without notice.
Please read the safety precautions carefully to ensure the
correct use of your mobile phone.
- Do not crash, throw, or puncture your mobile phone.
Avoid the falling, squeezing, and bending of your mobile
- Do not use your mobile phone in a moist environment,
such as the bathroom. Prevent your mobile phone from
being soaked or washed in liquid.
- Do not power on your mobile phone when it is prohibited
to use or when the phone may cause interference or
- Some parts of your mobile device are made of glass. This
glass could break if your mobile device is dropped on a
hard surface or receives a substantial impact. If the glass
breaks, do not touch or attempt to remove it. Stop using
your mobile device until the glass is replaced by an
authori z ed service provider.
- Turn off your mobile phone in aircraft. The phone may
cause interference to control equipment of the aircraft.
- Turn off your mobile phone near high precision electronic
devices. The phone may affect the performance of these
- Do not attempt to disassemble your mobile phone or its
accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to
service or repair the phone.
- The socket outlet shall be installed near the equipment
and shall be easily accessible.
- Do not place your mobile phone or its accessories in
containers with a strong electromagnetic field.
- Do not place magnetic storage media near your mobile
phone. Radiation from the phone may erase the
information stored on them.
- Keep the product away from direct sunlight. Do not put
your mobile phone in a high temperature place or use it in
a place with flammable gas such as a gas station.
- Use only approved batteries and chargers to avoid the
risk of explosion.
- Observe any laws or regulations on the use of wireless
devices. Respect others’ privacy and legal rights when
using your wireless device.
- Strictly follow the relevant instructions of this manual
while using the USB cable. Otherwise your mobile phone
or PC may be damaged.
- Use a dry soft cloth to clean the product; d o not use water,
alcohol , detergent or any
- Please backup any important data, repair or other causes
may result in data loss.
- Do not disconnect the prod uct during memory formatting
or file transfer operations. Otherwise, it may cause
program failure or files damage
- Keep the phone, battery and charger out of the reach of
children. Do not let children use the phone, battery or
charger without supervision.
- Do not let a child put a battery in his/her mouth to avoid
- Keep children away from small phone accessories to
prevent suffocation or blocking of the oesophagus as a
result of swallowing.
- Do not allow children to use your mobile phone without
- Do not modify or remanufacture the product, attempt to
insert foreign objects into the battery, immerse or expose
the product to water or other liquids, or expose the
product to fire, explosion or other hazards.
- Promptly dispose of used batteries in accordance with
- The product shall only be connected to a USB interface
of version USB2.0.
- The operating temperature shall be 20 4 0
- Follow any rules or regulations in hospitals and health
- Implanted medical device such as pacemaker may be
affected by the product.
- Avoid potential interference emitted from the product to
the implanted medical device, keeping the product at
least 20 cm away from the medical device.
- Do not carry the product in the chest pocket.
- Turn off the product immediately if you suspect any
Check the laws and regulations on the use of mobile phones
in the area when you drive.
- Do not use a hand held phone while driving.
- For driving safety, only a passenger should operate the
device when the car is in motion and not the driver. Laws
governing the use of electronic devices by the driver may be
applicable in yo ur country and/or jurisdiction.
- Give full attention to driving.
- Pull off the road and park before making or answering a call
if driving conditions so require.
- RF energy may affect some electronic systems in your
vehicle such as car stereos and safety equip ment.
- When your vehicle is equipped with an air bag, do not
obstruct with installed or portable wireless equipment. It can
cause the air bag to fail or cause serious injury due to
- If you are listening to music whilst out and about, pl ease
ensure that the volume is at a reasonable level so that you
are aware of your surroundings. This is of particular
importance when near roads.
Power Supply & Charging
- Adapter shall be installed near the equipment and shall
be easily accessible. The Charger Model name:
A31 501000,Input AC 100 240V 50/60Hz 0.2A Output
- The plug considered as disconnect device of adapte r
- Only use the accessories supplied with the phone. The
use of incompatible accessories may have serious
consequences and permanently damage your phone.
- Only use the adapter supplied with the product.
- This adapter is intended for indoor use only.
- The mains cable is used as a connecting device. The wall
outlet should remain readily accessible and access to the
outlet should no t be blocked during use.
- To fully disconnect the phone from the mains, unplug the
AC/DC cable from the wall outlet.
- The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the
ventilation openings with items, such as newspapers,
tablecloths, curtains, etc to avoid overheating and
- Maintain a clearance of at least 10cm around the phone.
- The phone should be used in a moderate climate.
- The phone is built with an internal rechargeable battery:
do not expose the product to excessive heat such as
sunshine, fire or the like.
- The battery must be removed from the phone before it is
- The phone must be disconnected from the supply mains
when removing the battery.
- The battery is to be disposed of safely.
- Battery contains materials which are haza rdous and
harmful for the environment.
- When disposed the battery, do not short circuit the + and
terminals of battery.
- Please return the used battery to a suitable collection
facility for environmentally friendly disposal.
- Do not plug or unplug USB port with wet hands risk of
Specific Absorption Rate (SAR)
The device complies with RF specifications when the device
used at 10 mm form your body.
This product is tested to comply with applicable requirements
and regulations of European Unio n of human exposure to
Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) is used to measure radio
waves absorbed by a body. This mobile device allows to be
used within 20cm of the user body. The SAR limit is 2.0 W/kg
averaged over 10 gram of tissue in European U nion.
This product was tested and recorded the maximum SAR
value was 1.06 W/kg.
The actual SAR level will be much lower than above value
since the product has been designed to use the minimum
energy for necessary communication with the base station.
For the device which tests accordance to
EN60950 1:2006+A11:2009+A1:2010+A12:2011, it is
mandatory to p erform audio tests for EN50332.
- This phone respects the current
regulations for limiting the
maximum output volume.
Prolonged headset listening at high volume could lead to hearing damage!
- Stop using the product or lower the volume if you feel
your ears ringing.
- Do not turn up the volume too high, doctors warn against
prolonged exposure to high volume.
- E xcessive sound pressure from headset s and
headphones can cause hearing loss.
- To prevent possible hearing damage, do not listen at high
volume levels for long periods.
- Please only use specified headphones with your phone.
Protecting the Environment
Please observe the local
regulations on phone
packaging, battery and used phone disposal
and bring them to the collection point for proper
recycling. Do not dispose of used phones or
batteries in a household rubbish bin.
Please take your used, unwanted lithium batteries to a
desi gnated place. Do not dispose of them in a rubbish bin.
RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATT ERY IS
REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE. DISPOSE OF USED
BATTERIES ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Turn off the phone before cleaning and maintenance. The
charger should be unplugged from the socket and the
phone and charger disconnected to prevent any electric
shock or short circuiting of the battery or charger.
- Do not wipe the phone or charger using chemi cal
substance (alcohol benzene), chemical agents or
abrasive cleaning agents to avoid damaging its parts or
causing a malfunction. You may clean with a slightly
damp anti static soft cloth.
- Do not scrape or alter the phone case as paint
substances may caus e an allergic reaction. If such a
reaction occurs, cease using the phone immediately and
seek medical help.
- Wipe dust off the power plug and keep it dry to avoid risk
- If the phone or accessories do not work properly, contact
your local vendor.
- D o not dismantle the phone or its accessories yourself.
In an emergency situation, if the phone is on and you are
within the network range, it can be used to make an
emergency call. However, emergency call numbers may not
be reachable on all networks; you should never rely on your
mobile phone for emergency calls.
This equipment is in compliance with the essential
requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive
This product is for private use only.
Copying CDs or
downloading music, video or picture files for sale or other
business purposes may be a violation of copyright law.
Copyrighted materials, works of art and/or presentations may
require authorization to be fully or partially copied or recorded .
Please be aware of all such applicable laws concerning the
recording and use of such contents for your country and
Getting to Know Your Phone
- Front camera 10. Flashlight
- Proximity sensor 11. Up volume key
- Receiver 12. Down volume key
- Touch screen 13. Power key
- Back key 14. Headset connector
- Home key 15. Micro USB connector
- Recent key 16. Microphone
- De noising mike 17. Speaker
- C amera
- Power key: Press to light up or close the screen, press and hold to show the pop-up menu to select from Power off/Reboot/Airplane mode. Long press Power Key10s to shutdown phone, and keep pressing to reboot phone. Press the Power key and Down volume key to capture a screenshot.
- Home key: From any application or screen, touch to return to the Home screen.
- Recent key: Touch to open a list of thumbnail images of applications you’ve worked with recently.
- Back key: Touch to go back to the previous screen, or to close a dialog box, options menu, the notification panel, etc.
- Volume Keys: In call mode, adjusts the earpiece or headset volume; In Music/Video/Streaming mode, adjusts the media volume; In general mode, adjusts the ringtone volume; Mutes the ringtone of an incoming call.
NOTE: Proximity sensor
When receiving and making calls, the proximity
sensor automatically turns the backlight off the touch
screen by sensing when the phone is near your ear.
This extends battery life and prevents you from
unintentionally activating the touch screen during
Placing a heavy object on the phone or sitting on it
ca n damage the LCD and touch screen functions. Do
not cover the LCD proximity sensor with protective
film. This could cause the sensor to malfunction.
Installing the Card and Battery
Before you can start exploring your new phone, you’ll
need to set it up.
To remove the back cover, hold the phone firmly in one
hand. With the other hand, lift off the back cover
1. Insert the Micro SIM card / SD card
Insert the Micro SIM card: Push the Micro SIM card into
the corresponding slot. The contacts should be facing
Insert the Micro SD card: Push the Micro SD card into
the corresponding slot. The contacts should be facing
- Your phone only supports Micro-SIM cards. Do not
attempt to insert other SIM type, otherwise this may
cause phone damage.
- Please do not remove the Micro-SIM/SD card while
the card is in use; otherwise, data loss or damage may
occur. Hisense shall not be liable to any loss, including
data loss, due to misuse of a Micro-SIM/SD card.
- Please turn off your mobile phone before replacing or
removing its Micro-SIM/SD card.
- Micro-SD card is not included, you need to buy it
2. Insert the battery
Insert the battery into the battery compartment. The
contact plates on the battery must touch the
corresponding contact plates on the telephone.
Charging the Battery
- Insert the large end of the USB cable into the mobile
phone charger and insert the small end into the mobile
phone USB slot, while paying attention to the direction.
- Insert the charger into a 100~240V 50/60Hz outlet to
- After the battery is fully charged , remove the USB from
your mobile phone and then unplug the charger from
the power outlet
- If the AC pow er supply is of a lower voltage, then a
longer charging time may be needed;
- The charging time will depend upon the current status
of the battery capacity;
- If non standard chargers such as computers are used
for charging, then a longer charge time may be
- Using the mobile phone while it’s charging will extend
its charging time.
- Please fully charge the battery before first using the
phone and disconnect the charger immediately after
the first charge is completed.
- Please remove the charger from the AC power socket
when not charging the phone.
- The phone may not boot immediately if charging with
low battery. After a period of charging, the phone will
- The mobile phone can be safely charged within the
environment temperature of 0 to 40 ℃℃. Charging at
temperatures below 0 or higher than 40 ℃℃, will harm
the battery performance and shorten its life. Long term
charging in extreme temperatures will mean the battery
is permanently undercharged or damaged.
- The charger is important for safety, so please use the
special charger for this product and pay attention to
safety instructions during operation.
Turning Your Device On/Off
Turn on the phone: Press the P ower key located on the
left side of phone and wait for a few seconds until the
screen lights up.
If the battery is empty, make sure you charge it for
at least 30 minutes. Turn off the phone:
Press and hold Power key to pop up
option menu, select Power off
Configuring Your Phone on Start up
The first time you turn on the phone, you’ll see a
- To choose a different language, touch the menu.
- To set up your phone, and follow the instruction.
- You might need to connect to an active network or
Wi Fi to proceed.
The configuration of a Google account is essential to use
all the features and services of your Android phone, such
as access to Google Play™, synchronization of contacts
or your calendar. If you don’t have Gmail or any other
Google Account, go ahead and c reate one.
Unlocking the Screen
Press the phone screen and slide up to unlock the screen.
Understanding the Screen
The Home screen is the starting point for many
applications and functions
Status Bar: Shows phone’s status information including the time, signal strength, battery status, and notification icons.
Widget: Widgets are self-contained applications that can be accessed on the Home screen or an extended home screen. Unlike a shortcut, the Widget appears as an on-screen application.
Application Icons:Tap an icon (application, folder, etc.) to open and use it.
Location Indicator: Indicates which Home screen canvas you are viewing.
Quick Key Area: Provides one-touch access to the function in any home screen canvas.
The operating system provides multiple screen canvases to provide more space for adding icons, widgets, and more.
Slide your finger left or right across the Home screen.
alert you the arrival of new messages,
calendar events, and alarms, as well as ongoing events,
such as when you are on a call.
When a notification arrives, its icon appears at the top of
the screen. Icons for pending notifications appear on the
left side , while system icons such as Wi Fi or battery
strength show on the right.
Opening the notifications panel
Hold the status bars with your finger, and drag it
downwards to view notification page.
Tap the Switches at the bottom to open the notifications
panel. From th is shortcut menu, you can quickly access
to Bluetoo t h, Wi F i, Mobile Data ,
Customizing Your Screen
Long press the blank space of the standby interface, then
select WALLPAPERS and WID GETS
You can customize your screen by set tin g the w idget and
w all p aper
Making and Receiving a Call
Touch to enter dialer interface on idle screen.
Inputting the part of phone number can search the saved
phone number automatically. Then select the right
number and click call button to make a call.
If there is an incoming call, press and drag the button
to to answer the call.
Tap the contact icon .
Click Create a n ew conta c t ””, you can add a new contact
to the phone or card.
Click Find contacts search bar on the top of the screen
then input the part of the phone number or name, all the
contacts with the information appear.
Tap the message icon .
Click New message to create a message. Input
receiver s phone number or name to search in contacts.
Click Type message to edit the message.
When you are ready to send the message, click
c ard 1 or c ard 2 the n select S end
Touch the m usic application icon to enter music player.
The camera app is a combination of camera and
camcorder I t consists of two cameras : the front camera
(facing you) and the main camera in behind of the phone.
Tap the photo icon
- Frame your subject on the screen.
- A green square around the subject indicates that the
camera has focused.
- Tap to take a photo. Your picture will be
automatically saved to the Gallery.
- Slide the screen to the left, frame your subject on the
- Tap to start recording the video.
- The length of the recording is displayed on the top of
- C lick to stop recording, when recording video, click
to take pictures and click to pause recording
- From your Home screen tap “Settings –>Motions and
- Select “Motions”, you can control your device with
natural movements as the device’s guide.
Connect the web page with the mobile network.
Click the icon , then you can open the web
Through the chrome address bar/search bar, you can
access web pages; moreover, bookmarks, multiple
window switching and other functions are supported.
When you get access to the network, you may incur
additional costs. Consult your local operators for detailed
Getting Connected (connection to Wi-Fi)
- Tap the setting s icon.
- Tap Wi Fi ” and select o n
- Touch the desired network you wish to connect.
- If the network is secured, enter the password.
For an optimal experience, the phone regularly connects
to mail and internet servers.
This automatically and inevitably generates data
exchanges that may be charged in addition to your
existing package, or may be deducted from prepaid
credit or a prepaid system.
To avoid billing problems related to services that use the
Internet, it is strongly recommended to have a suitable
option which includes unlimited In ternet and emails and
to avoid changing the settings preconfigured by default.
If you wish, connect to WiFi for a faster and more stream
lined experience. It is particularly recommended to use
Wi Fi for streaming, or downloading games, videos or
bulky fil ms
- The usage of non original accessories such as headsets,
chargers etc will cause incompatibility between
the mobile phone and the accessories that may cause a
reduction in performance and malfunction, and we are
not responsible for any damage that might occur.
- Specifications and functions of your mobile phone can
be differ ent to those contained in this user manual due
the user manual is only contain general overview.
- Specifications and functions of your mobile phone
have been confirmed to work properly since produced
from the factory. If there is damage or defect due to the
manufacturing and not by usage, it would follow terms
and condition in the warranty card.
- If the functions of your mobile phone related to
features and services by ca rrier then those functions
will follow the terms & conditions applicable by the
- Please note that your mobile phone still has its
limitations referring to the specifications and functions.
These limitations cannot consider as damage or defect
and c annot be regarded as manufacturer damage.
Please use your mobile phone in accordance with the
purposes and functions.
This chapter lists some problems you might encounter
when using your phone. Some problems require you to
call your servic e provider, but most are easy to fix
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF: