Infrared Electric Patio Heater IRPH15SS
For Outdoor Use only
- Heat Controller
- 1900 Wellworth Ave.
- Jackson MI 49203
This electric appliance produces infrared heat and failure to follow warnings and instructions can cause a fire or injury.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
FIRE OR EXPLOSION HAZARD
- Failure to follow safety warnings exactly could result in serious injury or property damage.
- Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors or liquids in the vicinity of this appliance.
- Do not store any of the following flammable materials on, or allow them to come in contact with, the unit: rags, fabrics ,spray or aerosol cans, cleaning compounds, plastics or plastic containers, paper products, gasoline, kerosene, lighter fluid.
- Do not install the heater close to furniture, curtains or other flammable items. Allow at least 36 inches (1 meter) between the heater and flammable items.
- Do not cover or otherwise obstruct the heater.
PERSONAL INJURY HAZARD
- Do not touch the heater during operation. Burn or scald injury could result.
- Keep children away from the heater. Never leave an unsupervised child near the heater.
- Because of injury risk, the heater should be operated only by individuals knowledgeable about the operation and familiar with the warnings and cautions listed in this manual.
- Because of injury risk, this heater is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities.
PERSONAL INJURY HAZARD–SERVICE
- To avoid property damage, personal injury or death due to electrical shock, do not service the unit without first unplugging the unit from the wall outlet and allowing adequate time for the unit to cool down.
- Service must be performed only by a qualfied service technician.
- Do not use the heater if the power cord is damaged. Contact an authorized servicer or electrician to replace the cord prior to use.
INSTALLATION & USE
To avoid property damage, personal injury or death due to electrical shock, all instructions in this Installation and Operation manual.
- All local, regional and national electric codes and local construction codes must be observed in the installation of the heater.
- The power outlet must be properly polarized and grounded.
- Be sure the voltage listed on the heater’s nameplate is the same as the voltage at the installation site.
- Do not use the heater if the power cord is damaged. Contact a qualified service agency or electrician to replace the cord prior to use.
- Remove the plug from the power outlet and wait until the heater is sufficiently cool before cleaning it.
- Never use with an extension cord or multi-socket.
- Use extreme caution whenever the heater is left operating and unattended.
- Do not install the heater immediately below a wall socket outlet.
- Do not use a timer or other device that automatically turns on the unit.
- Do not use the heater with an external voltage regulator such as a dimmer or speed controller.
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons, including the following:
- Fully read through the operation and assembly instructions before operating the heater. Be sure to keep this manual in a safe place for future reference.
- This heater is designed for outdoor use only.
- Confirm that the supply voltage indicated on the rating plate of the heater corresponds to the local voltage before you connect the heater. The power supply to the heater should correspond to the relevant regulations of the power supply companies and the regional construction/building code regulations.
- This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If provided, use handles when moving this heater. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes and curtains at least 3 feet (1m) from the front of the heater and keep them away from the sides and rear of the unit.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children, and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended.
- Always unplug heater when not in use.
- Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the heater malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return heater to authorized service facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
- This heater is designed for outdoor use. It is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub, pool or other water container.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners or similar coverings. Locate cord away from traffic area and where it will not create a tripping hazard. Do not let the cord hang over the edge of a table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- To disconnect the heater, press the red switch on the side of the unit to the OFF (O) position, then remove the plug from outlet.
- To clean, remove the plug from the power outlet and wait until the heater is sufficiently cooled.
- Connect to properly grounded outlets only.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, such as a bed or other furnishings, where openings may become blocked.
- Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint or flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
- Always plug the heater into a wall outlet/receptacle. Never use with an extension cord or re-locatable power tab (outlet/power strip).
- This heater is for use with 120 volt power supply. The cord has a plug as shown at A in Figure 1. An adaptor as shown in Figure 1 is available for connecting threeblade grounding type plugs to two-slot receptacles. The green grounding lug extending from the adaptor must be connected to a permanent ground such as a properly grounded outlet box. The adaptor should not be used if a three-slot grounded receptacle is available.
MOUNTING AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
Congratulations on your purchase of the Comfort-Aire® Electric Portable Infrared Patio Heater. This heater utilizes medium-wave technology that heats people and objects, not the air, and is unaffected by wind. For best results and your safety, follow the instructions carefully. DO NOT modify this product in any way as the manufacturer will not accept liability for improper use.
- Model: IRPH15SS
- Voltage: 120V AC
- Emitter (Lamp): IRRL15120 (Medium wave infrared)
- Power : MAX 1500W
- Height: 82 inches (2100mm)
- Width: 24 inch base (600mm)
ASSEMBLING THE UNIT
(Follow diagrams below)
- Thread the 6 leveling feet into the holes around the bottom of the base. (Figure 1)
2. Attach the flanged column to the base with (4) M8 bolts, using the supplied hex wrench. (Figure 1)
3. Mount the lamp to the terminal box with M6 screw and nut. (Figure 2)
4. Connect the terminal box to the upper column with (4) M5 bolts. Be sure to feed the attached power cord into the upper column. (Figure 3)
5. Connect the center column to the upper column by screwing clockwise. Do not over tighten.
6. Plug the power cord into the supplied power cord extender, and feed the cord through the lower column and out the bottom of the base. Connect the center column to the lower column by screwing clockwise. Do not over- tighten. (Figure 4).
7. Pull gently on the power cord at the bottom of the base to keep it taut. Fix the cable to the base with the cable clamp and (2) M4 screws. (Figure 5)
- Plug the power cord into a GFCI protected outlet
- Turn ON the heater by pressing the red switch mounted on the side of the heater to the ON (I) position–it will illuminate red when the heater is ON.
- To turn OFF the heater, press the red switch on the side of the heater to the OFF (O) position. The switch will no longer be illuminated.
- Remove the plug from the power outlet whenever the heater is not being used. Coil the power cord when the heater is not being used, so that it is not a safety hazard.
- Allow the heater to cool down after use.
- The heater should be stored in a dry location when not in use. Particular care should be taken to ensure that the plug is not subjected to water or damp conditions–electric shock could result.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
- Your heater is a robust aluminum unit with a strong mast and base, and requires only minimal maintenance. There are no user serviceable parts inside.
- Before cleaning, turn the unit OFF and remove the plug from the power outlet. Wait until the heater has cooled down completely.
- Clean with a lint-free cloth or a soft brush.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, scrubbing brushes or chemical cleaners on the heater, column or base.
PERSONAL INJURY HAZARD
5. To protect against electric shock and danger of death, do not immerse cord, plug, or any part of the heater in water or other liquid.
6. Store the heater in a dry location when not in use. Take special care to ensure that the plug is not subjected to damp or wet conditions during storage.
MAINTENANCE & SERVICE
- Repairs must be carried out by authorized specialists to ensure electrical safety. Contact an authorized service technician or a qualified electrician if repairs are needed.
- For heating element replacement, contact the manufacturer, its service agent or a qualified technician.
PERSONAL INJURY HAZARD
3. Improper repairs could result in death or personal injury to users. USERS SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE REPAIRS.
Do not handle lamp with bare hands. Remove any finger marks with a soft cloth and methylated spirits or alcohol. Finger marks will burn into quartz causing premature lamp failure. Outer casing can reach high temperatures.
Limited Express Warranty
Comfort-Aire® Infrared Heaters
LIMITED ONE (1) YEAR PARTS EXPRESS WARRANTY
Heat Controller warrants all parts of the Infrared Heaters to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for normal residential use and maintenance for one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original consumer.
LIMITED THREE (3) YEAR EXPRESS WARRANTY ON BULB
Heat Controller warrants the heater bulb to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for normal residential use and maintenance for three (3) years from the date of purchase by the original consumer.
LIMITED ONE (1) YEAR PARTS EXPRESS WARRANTY
Heat Controller warrants all parts of the Infrared Heaters to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for normal commercial use and maintenance for one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original consumer.
The Express Limited Warranties described above apply only when the Infrared Heater is installed and operated per Heat Controller installation and operating instructions for normal use.
The Limited Express Warranty does not cover normal maintenance—Heat Controller recommends that regular inspection/maintenance be performed according to the Installation and Operation Manual. Additionally, labor charges, diagnostic charges, transportation charges for replacement parts, replacement of the bulb, or any other service calls/repairs are not covered by this Limited Warranty, and are the sole responsibility of the user. It also does not cover any portion or component of the system that is not supplied by Heat Controller, regardless of the cause of failure of such portion or component.
CONDITIONS FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE
- Unit must be operated according to Heat Controller operating instructions included with the unit and cannot have been subjected to accident, alteration, improper repair, neglect or misuse, or an act of God (such as a flood)
- Installation must be according to Heat Controller installation instructions
- Rating plate has not been altered or removed
- Unit is not operated in a corrosive environment
- Performance cannot be impaired by use of any product not authorized by Heat Controller, or by any adjustments or adaptations to components
- Damage has not been a result of inadequate wiring or voltage conditions, use during brown-out conditions, or circuit interruptions
DURATION OF WARRANTY & REGISTRATION
The warranty begins on the date of purchase by the original consumer. The consumer must register at www.heatcontroller.com within 90 days of purchase. The consumer must retain a receipt or bill of sale as proof of warranty period. Without this proof, the express warranty begins on the date of shipment from the factory.
REMEDY PROVIDED BY THE LIMITED EXPRESS WARRANTY
The sole remedy under the Limited Warranty is replacement of the defective part. If replacement parts are required within the period of this warranty, Heat Controller replacement parts shall be used; any warranty on the replacement part(s) shall not affect the applicable original unit warranty. Labor to diagnose and replace the defective part is not covered by this Limited Express Warranty, and is the responsibility of the user. If for any reason the replacement part/product is no longer available during the warranty period, Heat Controller shall have the right to allow a credit in the amount of the current suggested retail price of the part/product instead of providing repair or replacement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- There are no other express or implied warranties. Heat Controller makes no warranty of merchantability. We do not warrant that the unit is suitable for any particular purpose or can be used in buildings or rooms of any particular size or condition except as specifically provided in this Installation and Operation document. There are no other warranties, express or implied, which extend beyond the description in this document.
- All warranties implied by law are limited in duration to the one-year term of the Parts Warranty. Your exclusive remedy is limited to the replacement of defective parts. We will not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages caused by any defect in this unit.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- No warranties are made for units sold outside the continental United States and Canada. Your distributor or final seller may provide a warranty on units sold outside these areas.
- Heat Controller will not be liable for damages if our performance regarding warranty resolution is delayed by events beyond our control including accident, alteration, abuse, war, government restrictions, strikes, fire, flood, or other acts of God.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE OR PARTS
If you have a warranty claim or service question, contact Heat Controller at 517-787-2100. Have the model number and date of purchase available for this call. Do not return your unit to the store where it was purchased.
Owner responsibilities are set forth in the instruction manual—read it carefully.
Design, material, performance specifications and components subject to change without notice.
Due to ongoing product improvements, specifications and dimensions are subject to change and correction without notice and without incurring obligations. Determining the application and suitability for use of any product is the responsibility of the installer. Additionally, the installer is responsible for verifying dimensional data on the actual product prior to beginning any installation preparations.
- Address: 1900 Wellworth Ave., Jackson MI 49203
- Ph. 517-787-2100
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!