JBL Bar 2.0 All-in-One Soundbar
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Verify Line Voltage Before Use
The JBL Bar 2.0 (soundbar) has been designed for use with 100-240 volt, 50/60 Hz AC current. Connection to a line voltage other than that for which your product is intended can create a safety and fire hazard and may damage the unit. If you have any questions about the voltage requirements for your specific model or about the line voltage in your area, contact your retailer or customer service representative before plugging the unit into a wall outlet.
Do Not Use Extension Cords
To avoid safety hazards, use only the power cord supplied with your unit. We do not recommend that extension cords be used with this product. As with all electrical devices, do not run power cords under rugs or carpets, or place heavy objects on them. Damaged power cords should be replaced immediately by an authorized service center with a cord that meets factory specifications.
Handle the AC Power Cord Gently
When disconnecting the power cord from an AC outlet, always pull the plug; never pull the cord. If you do not intend to use this speaker for any considerable length of time, disconnect the plug from the AC outlet.
Do Not Open the Cabinet
There are no user-serviceable components inside this product. Opening the cabinet may present a shock hazard, and any modification to the product will void your warranty. If water accidentally falls inside the unit, disconnect it from the AC power source immediately, and consult an authorized service center.
Thank you for purchasing the JBL Bar 2.0 All-in-One (soundbar) which is designed to bring an extraordinary sound experience to your home entertainment system. We encourage you to take a few minutes to read through this manual, which describes the product and includes step-by-step instructions for setting up and getting started.
To make the most of product features and support, you may need to update the product software through the USB connector in the future. Refer to the software update section in this manual to ensure that your product has the latest software.
Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice. If you have any questions about the soundbar, installation or operation, please contact your retailer or customer service representative, or visit our website: www.jbl.com.
2. WHAT’S IN THE BOX
Unpack the box carefully and ensure that the following parts are included. If any part is damaged or missing, do not use it and contact your retailer or customer service representative.
Remote control (with 2 AAA batteries)
* Power cord quantity and plug type vary by region.
Product information & wall-mounting template
3. PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Controls and indicators
• Connect to power
• Connect to the optical output on your TV or digital device
• USB connector for software update
• Connect to a USB storage device for audio play (for the US version only)
- HDMI OUT (TV ARC)
• Connect to the HDMI ARC input on your TV
Place the soundbar on a flat and stable surface.
- The power cord shall be properly connected to power.
- Do not place any objects on the top of the soundbar.
a) With a minimum distance of 2” (50mm) from your TV, stick the supplied wall-mounting template to a wall by using adhesive tapes.
b) Use your ballpen tip to mark the screw holder location. Remove the template. c) On the marked location, drill a 4 mm/0.16” hole. Refer to
Figure 1 for the screw size.
- Install the wall-mounting bracket.
- Fasten the screw onto the back of the soundbar.
- Mount the soundbar.
- Make sure that the wall can support the weight of the soundbar.
- Install on a vertical wall only.
- Avoid a location under high temperature or humidity.
- Before wall-mounting, make sure that cables can be properly connected between the soundbar and external devices.
- Before wall-mounting, make sure that the soundbar is unplugged from power. Otherwise, it may cause an electric shock.
Connect the soundbar with your TV through the supplied HDMI cable or an optical cable (sold separately).
Through the supplied HDMI cable
An HDMI connection supports digital audio and video with a single connection. HDMI connectivity is the best option for your soundbar.
- Connect the soundbar with your TV by using the supplied HDMI cable.
- On your TV, check that HDMI-CEC and HDMI ARC have been enabled. Refer to the owner’s manual of your TV for more information.
- Full compatibility with all HDMI-CEC devices is not guaranteed.
- Contact your TV manufacturer if you have problems with the HDMICEC compatibility of your TV.
Through an optical cable
- Connect the soundbar with your TV by using an optical cable (sold separately).
Through Bluetooth, connect the soundbar with your Bluetooth device, such as a smartphone, tablet and laptop.
Connect a Bluetooth device
To reconnect the last paired device
Your Bluetooth device is retained as a paired device when the soundbar goes to standby mode. Next time you switch to the Bluetooth source, the soundbar reconnects the last paired device automatically.
To connect to another Bluetooth device
- The Bluetooth connection will be lost if the distance between the soundbar and Bluetooth device exceeds 33 ft (10 m).
- Electronic devices may cause radio interference. Devices that generate electromagnetic waves must be kept away from the soundbar, such as microwaves and wireless LAN devices.
Power-on/Auto standby/Auto wakeup
- Connect the soundbar to power by using the supplied power cord.
- Press to switch on.
- Use the supplied power cord only.
- Before switching on the soundbar, make sure that you have completed all other connections (See “TV connection” in the “Connect” chapter).
If the soundbar is inactive for more than 10 minutes, it will switch to standby mode automatically. Next time you switch on the soundbar, it returns to the last selected source.
In standby mode, the soundbar will wake up automatically when
- The soundbar is connected to your TV through the HDMI ARC connection and your TV is switched on;
- The soundbar is connected to your TV through an optical cable and audio signals are detected from the optical cable.
Play from the TV source
With the soundbar connected, you can enjoy TV audio from the soundbar speakers.
- Make sure that your TV is set to support external speakers and the built-in TV speakers are disabled. Refer to the owner’s manual of your TV for more information.
- Make sure that the soundbar has been properly connected to your TV (See “TV connection” in the “CONNECT” chapter).
- To select the TV source, press on the soundbar or TV on the remote control.
→ The status indicator turns solid white.
• In the factory settings, the TV source is selected by default.
If the soundbar is connected to your TV through both an HDMI cable and an optical cable, the HDMI cable is selected for the TV connection.
TV remote control setup
To use your TV remote control for both your TV and the soundbar, check that your TV supports HDMI-CEC. If your TV does not support HDMI-CEC, follow the steps under “TV remote control learning”.
If your TV supports HDMI-CEC, enable the functions as instructed in your TV user manual. You can control the volume +/-, mute/ unmute, and power on/standby functions on your soundbar through the TV remote control.
TV remote control learning
- On the soundbar, press and hold and + until the status indicator flashes white twice. → You enter the TV remote control learning mode.
- Within 15 seconds, do the following on the soundbar and your TV remote control:
a) On the soundbar: press one of the following buttons: +, -, + and – together (for the mute/unmute function), and .
b) On your TV remote control: press the desired button.
→ When the status indicator flashes white twice on the soundbar, the function of the soundbar button is learnt by your TV remote control button.
- Repeat Step 2 to complete the button learning.
- To exit the TV remote control learning mode, press and hold and + on the soundbar until the status indicator flashes white twice.
- → The soundbar returns to the last selected source.
Play from the Bluetooth source
Through Bluetooth, stream audio from your Bluetooth device to the soundbar.
- Check that the soundbar has been properly connected to your Bluetooth device (See “Bluetooth connection” in the “CONNECT” chapter).
- To select the Bluetooth source, press on the soundbar or on the remote control.
- Start audio play on your Bluetooth device.
- Adjust the volume on the soundbar or your Bluetooth device.
7. SOUND SETTINGS
With the audio sync function, you can synchronize audio and video to make sure that no delay is heard from your video content.
- On the remote control, press and hold TV.
→ Ready for audio sync: The status indicator scrolls white.
- Within five seconds, press + or – on the remote control to adjust the audio delay and match with video.
→ The status indicator scrolls to show the change range.
With the smart mode enabled by default, you can enjoy TV programs with rich sound effects. For TV programs such as news and weather forecasts, you can reduce sound effects by disabling the smart mode and switching to the standard mode.
Smart mode: EQ settings and JBL Surround Sound are applied for rich sound effects.
Standard mode: The preset EQ settings are applied for standard sound effects.
To disable the smart mode, do the following:
- On the remote control, press and hold until the status indicator scrolls white. Press +.
→ When the smart mode is disabled, the status indicator scrolls white twice.
→ Next time you switch on the soundbar, the smart mode is enabled again automatically.
8. RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS
By restoring the default settings defined at factories, you remove all your personalized settings from the soundbar.
- On the soundbar, press and hold and for more than 10 seconds.
9. SOFTWARE UPDATE
For optimal product performance and your best user experience, JBL may offer software updates for the soundbar system in the future. Please visit www.jbl.com or contact JBL call center to receive more information about downloading update files.
- Check that you have saved the software update file to the root directory of a USB storage device. Connect the USB device to the soundbar.
2. To enter the software update mode, press and hold and – on the soundbar for more than 10 seconds.
→ When software updating is complete, you will hear a confirmation tone.
→ The soundbar returns to the last selected source.
− Keep the soundbar powered on and the USB storage device mounted before software updating is complete.
10. PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
- Power supply: 100 – 240 VAC, ~ 50/60 Hz
- Total speaker power output (Max. @THD 1%): 80 W
- Soundbar output power (Max. @THD 1%): 2 x 40 W
- Soundbar transducer: 2 x racetrack drivers
- Soundbar standby power: <0.5 W
- Operating temperature: 0°C – 45 °C
- HDMI Video output (With Audio return channel): 1
- Frequency response: 70 Hz – 20 KHz
- Audio inputs: 1 Optical, Bluetooth, USB (USB playback is available in US version. For other versions, USB is for Service only.)
USB specification (Audio playback is for US version only):
- USB port: Type A
- USB rating: 5 V DC / 0.5 A
- Supporting file format: mp3, wav
- MP3 Codec: MPEG 1 Layer 2/3, MPEG 2 Layer 3, MPEG 2.5 Layer 3
- MP3 sampling rate: 16 KHz – 48 KHz
- MP3 bitrate: 80 kbps – 320 kbps
- WAV sample rate: 16 KHz – 48 KHz
- WAV bitrate: Up to 3000 kbps
- Bluetooth version: 4.2
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP V1.3, A VRCP V1.5
- Bluetooth frequency range: 2402 MHz – 2480 MHz
- Bluetooth Max. transmitting power: <10 dbm (EIRP)
- Modulation type: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Soundbar dimensions (W x H x D): 614 x 58 x 90 mm / 24.17” x 2.28” x 3.54”
- Soundbar weight: 1.61 kg
- Packaging dimensions (W x H x D): 855 x 125 x 145 mm
- Packaging weight (Gross weight): 2.6 kg
Never try to repair the product yourself. If you have problems using this product, check the following before you request services.
The unit will not turn on.
- Check if the power cord is plugged into power and the soundbar.
The soundbar has no response to button pressing.
- Restore the soundbar to factory settings (See the “RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS” chapter).
No sound from the soundbar
- Make sure that the soundbar is not muted.
- Select the correct audio input source on the remote control.
- Connect the soundbar to your TV or other devices properly.
- Restore the soundbar to its factory settings by pressing and holding and on the soundbar for more than 10 seconds.
Distorted sound or echo
- If you play audio from your TV through the soundbar, make sure that your TV is muted or the built-in TV speaker is disabled.
Audio and video are not synchronized.
- Enable the audio sync function to synchronize audio and video (See “Audio sync” in the “SOUND SETTINGS” chapter).
A device cannot be connected with the soundbar.
- Check if you have enabled Bluetooth on the device.
- If the soundbar has been paired with another Bluetooth device, reset Bluetooth (see “To connect to another device” under “Bluetooth connection” in the “CONNECT” chapter).
- If your Bluetooth device has ever been paired with the soundbar, reset Bluetooth on the soundbar, unpair the soundbar on the Bluetooth device, and then, pair the Bluetooth device with the soundbar again (see “To connect to another device” under “Bluetooth connection” in the “CONNECT” chapter).
Poor audio quality from a connected Bluetooth device
The Bluetooth reception is poor. Move the source device closer to the soundbar, or remove any obstacle between the source device and the soundbar.
The connected Bluetooth device connects and disconnects constantly.
- The Bluetooth reception is poor. Move the source device closer to the soundbar, or remove any obstacle between the source device and the soundbar.
- For some Bluetooth devices, the Bluetooth connection can be deactivated automatically to save power. This does not indicate any malfunction of the soundbar.
The remote control does not work.
- Check if the batteries are drained. If so, replace them with new ones.
- Reduce the distance and angle between the remote control and the main unit.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby, Dolby Audio and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
13. OPEN SOURCE LICENSE NOTICE
This product contains open source software licensed under GPL. For your convenience, the source code and relevant build instruction are also available at http://www.jbl.com/opensource.html.
Please feel free to contact us at: Harman Deutschland Gmb
HATT: Open Sour ce, Gregor Krapf-Gunther, Parkring 3 85748 Garching bei Munchen, Germany or [email protected] if you have additional question regarding the open source software in the product.
HARMAN International Industries,
Incorporated 8500 Balboa
Boulevard, Northridge, CA 91329
© 2019 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated.
All rights reserved.
JBL is a trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Features, specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!