hama Power Strip Instruction Manual
Thank you for choosing a Hama product.
Take your time and read the following instructions and information completely. Please keep these instructions in a safe place for future reference. If you sell the device, please pass these operating instructions on to the new owner.
Explanation of Warning Symbols and Notes
Risk of electric shock
This symbol indicates product parts energized with a dangerous voltage of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock.
This symbol is used to indicate safety instructions or to draw your attention to specific hazards and risks.
This symbol is used to indicate additional information or important notes.
- Power Strip
- These operating instructions
- The product is intended for private, non-commercial use only.
- The product is intended for indoor use only.
- Use the product for its intended purpose only.
- Children are not permitted to play with the device.
- Protect the product from dirt, moisture and overheating, and only use it in a dry environment.
- The product may only be operated with the type of power supply network described on the name plate.
- The overvoltage protector may be operated only on a 16Afused mains socket with a properly installed protective conductor.
- Do not connect to extension cables, power strips or adapters.
- Lay all cables so that they do not pose a tripping hazard.
- Do not bend or crush the cable.
- Never connect multiple units of this product in series.
- Always pull directly on the plug when disconnecting the cable, never on the cable itself.
- Do not continue to operate the device if it becomes visibly damaged.
- If the device is used commercially, increased duty of care requirements apply.
- Therefore, please observe the accident prevention regulations of the German employer’s liability insurance association for electrical systems and equipment. Please also observe all accident prevention regulations from other applicable employer’s liability insurance associations and accident insurance companies, as well as any legal regulations applicable to the particular industry and/or location.
- Do not use the product in the immediate vicinity of heaters or other heat sources or in direct sunlight.
- Use the item only in moderate climatic conditions.
- Keep this product, as all electrical products, out of the reach of children!
- Do not operate the product outside the power limits given in the specifications.
- Do not use the product in areas where the use of electronic devices is not permitted.
- Do not use the product in moist environments and avoid splashes.
- Do not drop the product and do not expose it to any major shocks.
- Do not modify the product in any way. Doing so voids the warranty.
- Keep the packaging material out of the reach of children due to the risk of suffocation.
- Dispose of packaging material immediately according to locally applicable regulations.
Risk of electric shock
- Do not open the device or continue to operate it if it becomes damaged.
- Do not use the product if the AC adapter, the adapter cable or the mains cable are damaged.
- Do not attempt to service or repair the product yourself. Leave any and all service work to qualified experts.
The built-in overvoltage protector is designed for mains-related overvoltage caused by switching processes or distant lightning strikes. Additional measures must be taken to safeguard against direct lightning strikes. Coarse protection (requirement clause) must be provided for in the building’s electrical system. The primary intended purpose of the product is to protect high-quality telephone and computer systems and audio, video and satellite devices.
Please note the maximum overvoltage protection characteristics on the product’s type plate.
- Only operate the product from a socket that has been approved for the device. The socket must be installed close to the product and must be easily accessible.
- Disconnect the product from the power supply using the On/ Off switch – if this is not available, unplug the power cord from the socket.
- If using a multi-socket power strip, make sure that the total power consumption of all connected devices does not exceed the power strip’s maximum throughput rating.
- If you will not be using the product for a prolonged period, disconnect it from mains power.
All devices must be switched off before devices can be connected. The overvoltage protector may be connected only between the electrical consumer and an earthed socket. In the operational state, the indicator light for the overvoltage protector lights up.
If the indicator light is not lit after switching on, the overvoltage protector is defective – it may no longer be used and must be exchanged for a new overvoltage protector.
Care and Maintenance
Disconnect the device from the power supply before cleaning it or if it is not going to be used for a long period of time.
- Only clean this product with a slightly damp, lint-free cloth and do not use aggressive cleaning agents.
- Make sure that water does not get into the product.
Hama GmbH & Co. KG assumes no liability and provides no warranty for damage resulting from improper installation/mounting, improper use of the product or from failure to observe the operating instructions and/or safety notes.
Insurance cover of 20 million euros
Our product liability insurance provides cover of up to 20 million euros for personal injury and damage to property. The prerequisites are proper product use (please note the safety information) and proof that the damage is attributable to non-compliance with the described protective function (please see the technical specifications on the type plate and in these operating instructions).
|Up: L-N=2,0kV; L/N-PE=2,0kV;
Uc: 255V~ 50Hz
Uoc: L-N=3,0kV; L/N-PE=6,0kV;
Type III / T3
|Total leakage current||
18.000 A (3×6.000 A)
|220-240 V/50-60 Hz / 16 A|
Cable cross-sectional area
max. 3680 W
Note on environmental protection:
After the implementation of the European Directive 2012/19/EU and 2006/66/EU in the national legal system, the following applies: Electric and electronic devices as well as batteries must not be disposed of with household waste. Consumers are obliged by law to return electrical and electronic devices as well as batteries at the end of their service lives to the public collecting points set up for this purpose or point of sale. Details to this are defined by the national law of the respective country. This symbol on the product, the instruction manual or the package indicates that a product is subject to these regulations. By recycling, reusing the materials or other forms of utilising old devices/Batteries, you are making an important contribution to protecting our environment.
Service & Support
Hama GmbH & Co KG
86652 Monheim/ Germany
+49 9091 502-0
All listed brands are trademarks of the corresponding companies. Errors and omissions excepted, and subject to technical changes. Our general terms of delivery and payment are applied.
Documents / Resources
|hama Power Strip [pdf] Instruction Manual|
hama, 00047778, Power Strip, 6-Way, with, Overvoltage, Protection, 1.4 m, white
|hama Power Strip [pdf] Instruction Manual|
hama, USB 3, 4A, Power Strip, 5-Way, white, 00137350, 00137351, 00137352, 00137353
|hama Power Strip [pdf] Instructions|
hama, Power Strip, 00137239, Power Strip, XL, 6-Way, Individually, Switchable, white