Guide to the Appliance
NOTE: Due to production improvements, the appliance may differ slightly from the diagram shown.
Diagrams in this instruction manual are for reference only.
Caring for the Environment
Responsible disposal of the packaging
The packaging of your appliance has been selected from environmentally friendly materials and can usually be recycled. Please ensure these are disposed of correctly.
Plastic wrapping can be a suffocation hazard for babies and young children, please ensure all packaging materials are out of reach and are safely disposed of. Please ensure they are offered for recycling rather than throwing these materials away.
Responsible disposal of the appliance
At the end of its working life, do not throw this appliance out with your household rubbish. An environmentally friendly method of disposal will ensure that valuable raw materials can be recovered and used again.
Electrical and electronic appliances contain materials and substances which, if handled or disposed of incorrectly, could be potentially hazardous to the environment and human health.
Observe any local regulations regarding the disposal of electrical consumer goods and dispose of it appropriately for recycling.
The plug must be rendered useless and the cable cut off directly behind the appliance or the machine to prevent misuse.
Safety Information and Warnings
Read this manual thoroughly before first use, even if you are familiar with this type of product. We have provided many important safety statements in this manual concerning the use of this appliance. Always read and observe all safety statements. They reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury when correctly adhered to.
Keep the manual in a safe place for future reference, along with the purchase receipt.
If applicable, pass these instructions on to the next owner of the appliance.
Pay particular attention to safety messages that follow this safety alert symbol or the words DANGER, WARNING or CAUTION. These words are used to alert you to a potential hazard that can seriously injure you and others.
The instructions will tell you how to reduce the chance of injury and let you know what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
DANGER means that failure to read this safety statement may result in severe personal injury.
WARNING means that failure to read this safety statement may result in extensive product damage or serious personal injury.
CAUTION means that failure to read this safety statement may result in minor or moderate personal injury, property or equipment damage.
NOTE warns you of potential damage
CAUTION: HOT SURFACE! The surfaces are likely to get hot during use.
WARNING: In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater.
We assume no liability for any eventual damages caused by misuse of the appliance or noncompliance with the instructions in this manual.
Safety Information and Warnings
Thank you for choosing a GVA Heater. This GVA Heater has been designed and manufactured to high standards of engineering and with proper use and care, as described in this leaflet, will give you years of useful service. Please read these instructions carefully.
- Indoor domestic use only: This appliance is intended for indoor domestic use only. Do not use it outdoors, where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Intended purpose: Do not use this appliance for anything other than its intended purpose, and only use it as described in this manual.
- Accessories: Do not use any accessories with this appliance that are not supplied or specifically recommended.
- Do not spray water directly on to equipment containing electrical components.
- No naked flame sources, such as candles, should be placed near the product.
- The voltage indicated on the rating plate must correspond to the supply voltage.
- WARNING: Do not operate in areas where petrol, paint or other flammable liquids are used or stored.
- CAUTION: This appliance heats up whilst in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating.
- Switch off the appliance, remove the plug from the wall socket and allow to cool completely before moving.
- Never use this appliance below wall cupboards or shelving.
- CAUTION: Never use wet hands to touch the mains plug.
- Do not operate with the cord coiled up as a build-up of heat may occur.
- Do not remove the plug from the wall socket until the appliance has been switched off.
- Always unplug appliance when not in use.
- Do not allow the cord to come in contact with heated surfaces during operation.
- Never wrap the cord tightly around the appliance. Do not put any stress on the cord where it enters the appliance as this could cause it to fray and break.
- WARNING: Do not use this appliance near an open window as rain may cause electric shock.
- Do not use this appliance outdoors or on a damp floor.
- Do not use the appliance with a damaged cord or plug, after a malfunction or if it has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
- NOTE: This appliance is to be used by adults. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Children can become trapped in the packing film when playing and suffocate.
- Do not allow children to play with the device or the packing film. Danger of suffocation.
- Never let children use electrical equipment unsupervised.
- Do not place the appliance on or near a flammable or hot object.
- Some appliances are ‘sealed’ using tamperproof screws to avoid tampering/ maintenance by unskilled or unqualified person and also for safety reasons.
- Do not use chemical, steel wool, or abrasive cleaners to clean the outside of the appliance as these will scratch the stainless steel surface.
- Always disconnect the appliance from the wall socket and allow to cool down before cleaning.
- Do not store the appliance whilst it is still hot.
- To disconnect, grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet. Never pull by the cord.
- This product is for household use only; it is not intended for commercial use.
- Appliances are not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- CAUTION: Modifications to the appliance by the user/s may cause damage to property or persons and will be deemed as not in accordance with the nstruction manual and no liability for damage will be accepted by the manufacturer.
- WARNING: If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- CAUTION: HOT SURFACE! The surfaces are likely to get hot during use.
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not immerse or expose the product, flexible cord or plug to rain, moisture or any liquid.
- In the event where the appliance is dropped into water, turn off the power at the power outlet and remove plug immediately. DO NOT REACH INTO THE WATER TO RETRIEVE IT. It is important to note that the appliance will have to be inspected by a qualified technician before using it again.
- Never place the heater where it may fall into a bathtub of other water containers. Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, or the like. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- CAUTION: This heater only operates in an upright position.
- CAUTION: Do not store until the heater has completely cooled down.
- Do not operate the appliance near curtains, blinds, drapes or in the bathroom.
- Never place flammable objects or clothing in front of the heater.
- SAFETY DEVICE: This appliance is fitted with an in-built safety device which will automatically turn off the appliance if it is lifted or moved whilst running. To continue using the appliance, stand it upright.
- OVERHEATING PROTECTION: This appliance is equipped with a high limit switch. The appliance will automatically shut off if it overheats. The appliance will automatically turn back on when it has cooled down.
- WARNING: In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater.
Items in the Box
Items in the Box
Ceramic Fan Heater
Using the Ceramic Fan Heater
NOTE: Always choose a safe location for the heater, keeping in mind the safety precautions outlined. Ensure all packaging has been removed from the appliance before use. This appliance requires no installation; it should be used solely as a portable appliance.
WARNING: Keep all objects at least 1 metre from the front, sides and rear of the appliance.
Heat control switch
The control switches are located at the TOP of the heater:
O – Turns off the heater and the fan
– For Fan only Operation
I – Low heat setting (900W)
II – High heat setting (1800W)
Setting the temperature
The thermostat constantly switches the radiator on and off. Thereby keeping the temperature at the desired level. Set the desired temperature as follows:
1. Set the temperature control to its highest setting.
2. Once the desired temperature has been reached, slowly turn the temperature control back, until the radiator switches off audibly.
The indicator lamp turns off.
Press down on the ‘—’ marking to make the heater swing from side to side at less than 45˚. To turn off the oscillating function press down on the ‘0’ marking.
CAUTION: Never adjust the swivelling mechanism manually. The mechanism could become damaged.
If you want to use the device as a fan, turn the function control knob to the fan icon and turn the temperature control to highest position.
Check that the heat control switch is set to ‘0’ position before plugging the heater into the mains supply.
CAUTION: This appliance heats up whilst in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces.
This appliance is fitted with an in-built safety device which will automatically turn off the appliance if it is lifted or moved whilst running. To continue using the appliance, stand it upright.
The device features an overheat protection mechanism causing the device to switch off automatically in case of overheating.
1. Turn the function control knob to ‘0’ position and disconnect the mains plug from the socket.
2. Let the appliance cool down for approx. 10 minutes before using it again.
WARNING: In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater.
If you experience a problem with your appliance, check in the following table for solutions to help you solve the problem. If after these checks you are still experiencing problems with your appliance, call the GVA after sales support line for advice.
Care and Maintenance
CAUTION: Unplug and allow the appliance to cool down completely before carrying out cleaning or maintenance.
- Use a damp cloth (not wet) to wipe the exterior of the appliance to remove any dust or dirt.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and fluff from around the grilles.
- Ensure the heater is dry before plugging back into the mains supply.
- Store in a cool dry place out of the reach of children.
Cleaning the filter
Open the filter cover on the rear side. Remove the filter and clean it under running water.
CAUTION: Let the filter dry completely before using it again.
Proof of purchase
To receive warranty, retain receipt as proof of purchase.
Model No. GCFH2K15
Rated power: 900-1800W
Subject to technical change without notice
While every effort has been made in the preparation of this instruction manual, the publishers cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information contained herein or any consequences arising from it.