GRUNDIG DSB 2000 Dolby Atmos Soundbar
Please read this user manual first!
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for preferring this Grundig appliance. We hope that you get the best results from your appliance which has been manufactured with high quality and state-of-the-art technology. For this reason, please read this entire user manual and all other accompanying documents carefully before using the appliance and keep it as a reference for future use. If you handover the appliance to someone else, give the user manual as well. Follow the instructions by paying attention to all the information and warnings in the user manual.
Remember that this user manual may also apply to other models. Differences between models are explicitly described in the manual.
Meanings of the Symbols
Following symbols are used in various sections of this user manual:
- Important information and useful hints about usage.
- WARNING: Warnings against dangerous situations concerning the security of life and property.
- WARNING: Warning for electric shock.
- Protection aclass for electric shock.
SAFETY AND SET-UP
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR BACK). NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within an equilateral triangle, is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated “dangerous volta-ge” within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude as to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of impor-tant operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the appliance.
- Read these instructions – All the safety and operating inst-ructions should be read before this product is operated.
- Keep these instructions – The safety and operating instructions should be retained for future.
- Heed all warnings – All warnings on the appliance and in the operating instructions should be adhered to.
- Follow all instructions – All operating and usage instructions should be followed.
- Do not use this apparatus near water – The appliance should not be used near water or moisture – for example, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool and the like.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings.
- Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, hea-ters, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that pro-duce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety pur-pose of the polarized or groun-ding plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding plug has two blades and a third ground-ing prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart or rack is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug the apparatus during lightning storms or when un-used for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the unit has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- This equipment is a Class II or double insulated electrical appliance. It has been de-signed in such a way that it does not require a safety connection to electrical earth.
- The apparatus shall not be ex-posed to dripping or splashing. No objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
- Minimum distance around the apparatus for sufficient ventilation is 5cm.
- The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation openings with items, such as newspapers ,table-cloths, curtains, etc…
- No naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, should be placed on the apparatus.
- Batteries should be recycled or disposed of as per state and local guidelines.
- The use of apparatus in mode-rate climates.
- Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those described he-rein, may result in hazardous radiation exposure or other un-safe operation.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture. The apparatus must not be ex-posed to dripping or splashing and objects filled with liquids, such as vases, must not be placed on apparatus.
- The mains plug/appliance coupler is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device must remain readily operable.
- Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equiva-lent type.
- The battery (batteries or battery pack) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sun-shine, fire or the like.
Before operating this system, check the voltage of this system to see if it is identical to the vol-tage of your local power supply.
- Do not place this unit close to strong magnetic fields.
- Do not place this unit on the amplifier or receiver.
- Do not place this unit close to damp areas as the moisture will affect the life of the laser head.
- If any solid object or liquid falls into the system, unplug the system and have it checked by qualified personnel before ope-rating it any further.
- Do not attempt to clean the unit with chemical solvents as this may damage the finish. Use a clean, dry or slightly damp cloth.
- When removing the power plug from the wall outlet, always pull directly on the plug, never yank on the cord.
- Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance will void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
- The rating label is pasted on the bottom or back of the equipment.
Battery usage CAUTION
To prevent battery leakage which may result in bodily injury, property damage, or da-mage to the apparatus:
- Install all batteries correctly, + and – as marked on the appa-ratus.
- Do not mix old and new batte-ries.
- Do not mix alkaline, standard (Carbon-Zinc) or rechargeable (Ni-Cd, Ni- MH, etc.) batteries.
- Remove batteries when the unit is not used for a long time.
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG,. Inc.
The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trade-marks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Audio, and the double-D symbol are trade-marks of Dolby Laboratories.
AT A GLANCE
Controls and parts
See the figure on page 3.
- Remote Control Sensor
- Display Window
- ON/OFF Button
- Source Button
- VOL Buttons
- AC~ Socket
- COAXIAL Socket
- OPTICAL Socket
- USB Socket
- AUX Socket
- HDMI OUT (ARC) Socket
- HDMI 1/HDMI 2 Socket
- AC~ Socket
- PAIR Button
- D AC Power Cord x2
- E HDMI Cable
- F Audio Cable
- G Optical Cable
- H Wall Bracket Screws/Gum Cover
- I AAA Batteries x2
Prepare the Remote Control
The provided Remote Control allows the unit to be operated from a distance.
- Even if the Remote Control is operated within the effective range 19.7 feet (6m), remote control operation may be impossible if there are any obstacles between the unit and the remote control.
- If the Remote Control is operated near other products which generate infrared rays, or if other remote control devices using infra-red rays are used near the unit, it may operate in-correctly. Conversely, the other products may operate incorrectly.
Precautions Concerning Batteries
- Be sure to insert the batteries with correct positive “ ” and negative “ ” polarities.
- Use batteries of the same type. Never use different types of batteries together.
- Either rechargeable or non-rechargeable batteries can be used. Refer to the precautions on their labels.
- Be aware of your fingernails when removing the battery cover and the battery.
- Do not drop the remote control.
- Do not allow anything to impact the remote control.
- Do not spill water or any liquid on the remote control.
- Do not place the remote control on a wet object.
- Do not place the remote control under direct sunlight or near sources of excessive heat.
- Remove the battery from the remote control when not in use for a long period of time, as corrosion or battery leakage may occur and result in physical injury, and/or property da-mage, and/or fire.
- Do not use any batteries other than those specified.
- Do not mix new batteries with old ones.
- Never recharge a battery unless it is confirmed to be a rechargeable type.
PLACEMENT AND MOUNTING
Normal Placement (option A)
- Place Soundbar on leveled surfacein front of TV.
Wall Mounting (option-B)
- Installation must be carried out by qualified personnel only. Incorrect assembly can result in severe personal injury and property damage (if you intend to install this product yourself, you must check for installations such as electrical wiring and plumbing that may be buried inside the wall). It is the installer’s responsibility to verify that the wall will safely support the total load of the unit and wall brackets.
- Additional tools (not included) are required for the installation.
- Do not overtighten screws.
- Keep this instruction manual for future reference.
- Use an electronic stud finder to check the wall type before drilling and mounting.
Dolby Atmos gives you amazing experience you have never before by overhead sound, and all the richness, clarity, and power of Dolby sound.
For using Dolby Atmos®
- Dolby Atmos® is available only in HDMI mode. For the details of the connection, please refer to “HDMI CaONNECTION”.
- Make sure that “No Encoding“ is selected for bitstream in the audio output of the connec-ted external device (e.g. Blu-ray DVD player, TV etc.).
- While entering Dolby Atmos / Dolby Digital /PCM format, the soundbar will show DOLBY ATMOS / DOLBY AUDIO / PCM AUDIO.
- The full Dolby Atmos experience is only availa-ble when the Soundbar is connected to the source via a HDMI 2.0 cable.
- The Soundbar will still function when con-nected via other methods (such as a Digital Optical cable) but these are unable to support all of the Dolby features. Given this, our recom-mendation is to connect via HDMI, in order to ensure full Dolby support.
In standby mode, Long press (VOL +) and (VOL -) button on soundbar at the same time. The soundbar will power on and demo sound can be activated. The demo sound will play around 20 seconds.
- When demo sound be activated, you can press button to mute it.
- If you want to listen the demo sound longer, you can press to repeat the demo sound.
- Press (VOL +) or (VOL -) to increase or decre-ase the demo sound volume level.
- Press button to exit demo mode and the unit will go to standby mode.
Some 4K HDR TVs require the HDMI input or pic-ture settings to be set for HDR content reception. For further setup details on HDR display, please refer to the instruction manual of your TV.
Using HDMI to connect the soundbar, AV equip-ment and TV:
Method 1: ARC (Audio Return Channel)
The ARC (Audio Return Channel) function allows you to send audio from your ARC- compliant TV to your sound bar through a single HDMI con-nection. To enjoy the ARC function, please ensu-re your TV is both HDMI-CEC and ARC compliant and set up accordingly. When correctly set up, you can use your TV remote control to adjust the volume output (VOL +/- and MUTE) of the sound bar.
- Connect the HDMI cable ( included ) from unit’s HDMI (ARC) socket to the HDMI (ARC) socket on your ARC compliant TV. Then press the remote control to select HDMI ARC.
- Your TV must support the HDMI-CEC and ARC function. HDMI-CEC and ARC must be set to On.
- The setting method of HDMI-CEC and ARC may differ depending on the TV. For de-tails about ARC function, please refer to the owner’s manual.
- Only HDMI 1.4 or higher version cable can support the ARC function.
- Your TV digital sound output S/PDIF mode set-ting must be PCM or Dolby Digital
- Connection could be failed due to using so-ckets other than HDMI ARC while using the ARC function. Make sure the Soundbar is connected to the HDMI ARC socket on the TV.
Method 2: Standard HDMI
- If your TV is not HDMI ARC-compliant, connect your soundbar to the TV through a standard HDMI connection.
Use an HDMI cable (included) to connect the soundbar’s HDMI OUT socket to the TV’s HDMI IN socket.
Use an HDMI cable (included) to connect the soundbar’s HDMI IN (1 or 2) socket to your exter-nal devices (e.g. games consoles, DVD players and blu ray).
Use the OPTICAL Socket
- Remove the protective cap of the OPTICAL socket, then connect an OPTICAL cable (inclu-ded) to the TV’s OPTICAL OUT socket and the OPTICAL socket on the unit.
Use the COAXIAL Socket
- You also can use the COAXIAL cable (not included) to connect the TV’s COAXIAL OUT socket and COAXIAL socket on the unit.
- Tip: The unit may not be able to decode all digital audio formats from the input source. In this case, the unit will mute. This is NOT a de-fect. Ensure that the audio setting of the input source (e.g. TV, game console, DVD player, etc.) is set to PCM or Dolby Digital (Refer to the user manual of the input source device for its audio setting details) with HDMI / OPTICAL / COAXIAL input.
Use the AUX Socket
- Use a RCA to 3.5mm audio cable (not inclu-ded) to connect the TV’s audio output sockets to the AUX socket on the unit.
- Use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable (included) to connect the TV’s or external audio device headphone socket to the AUX socket on the unit.
Risk of product damage!
- Ensure that the power supply voltage corres-ponds to the voltage printed on the back or the underside of the unit.
- Before connecting the AC power cord, ensure you have completed all other connections.
Connect the mains cable to the AC~ socket of the main unit and then into a mains socket.
Connect the mains cable to the AC~ socket of the Subwoofer and then into a mains socket.
- If there is no power, ensure the power cord and plug are fully inserted and the power is turned on.
- Power cord quantity and plug type vary by re-gions.
Pair up with the subwoofer
- The subwoofer should be within 6 m of the Soundbar in an open area (the closer the bet-ter).
- Remove any objects between the subwoofer and the Soundbar.
- If the wireless connection fails again, check if there is a conflict or strong interference (e. g. interference from an electronic device) around the location. Remove these conflicts or strong interferences and repeat the above procedu-res.
- If the main unit is not connected with the sub-woofer and it is in ON mode, the Pair Indicator on the subwoofer will blink slowly.
Pair Bluetooth-enabled Devices
The first time you connect your bluetooth device to this player, you need to pair your device to this player.
- The operational range between this player and a Bluetooth device is approximately 8 meters (without any object between the Bluetooth de-vice and the unit).
- Before you connect a Bluetooth device to this unit, ensure you know the device’s capabilities.
- Compatibility with all Bluetooth devices is not guaranteed.
- Any obstacle between this unit and a Bluetooth device can reduce the operational range.
- If the signal strength is weak, your Bluetooth receiver may disconnect, but it will re-enter pairing mode automatically.
- Enter “0000” for the password if necessary.
- If no other Bluetooth device pairs with this player within two minutes, the player will re-cover its previous connection.
- The player will also be disconnected when your device is moved beyond the operational range.
- If you want to reconnect your device to this player, place it within the operational range.
- If the device is moved beyond the operational range, when it is brought back, please check if the device is still connected to the player.
- If the connection is lost, follow the instructions above to pair your device to the player again.
Listen to Music from Bluetooth Device
- If the connected Bluetooth device supports Ad-vanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), you can listen to the music stored on the device through the player.
- If the device also supports Audio Video Re-mote Control Profile (AVRCP), you can use the player’s remote control to play music stored on the device.
- Pair your device with the player.
- Play music via your device (if it supports A2DP).
- Use supplied remote control to control play (if it supports AVRCP).
- To pause or resume play, press the button on the remote control.
- To skip to the previous/next file, press the
- In USB mode, press the USB button on the re-mote control repeatedly to select a REPEAT/SHUFFLE option play mode.
Repeat one: OnE
- Repeat folder: FOLdER (if there are multiple folders)
- Repeat all: ALL
- Shuffle Play: SHUFFLE
- Repeat off: OFF
- The unit can support USB devices with up to 64 GB of memory.
- This unit can play MP3.
- USB file system should be FAT32 or FAT16.
To keep the warranty valid, never try to repair the system yourself. If you encounter problems when using this unit, check the following points before requesting service.
- Ensure that the AC cord of the apparatus is properly connected .
- Ensure that there is power at the AC outlet.
- Press standby button to turn the unit on.
Remote control does not work
- Before you press any playback control button, first select the correct source.
- Reduce the distance between the remote con-trol and the unit.
- Insert the battery with its polarities (+/-) alig-ned as indicated.
- Replace the battery.
- Aim the remote control directly at the sensor on the front of the unit.
- Make sure that the unit is not muted. Press MUTE or VOL+/- button to resume normal lis-tening.
- Press on the unit or on the remote control to switch the soundbar to standby mode. Then press the button again to switch the sound-bar on.
- Unplug both the soundbar and the subwoofer from the mains socket, then plug them again. Switch on the soundbar.
- Ensure the audio setting of the input source (e.g. TV, game console, DVD player, etc.) is set to PCM or Dolby Digital mode while using digi-tal (e.g. HDMI, OPTICAL, COAXIAL) connection.
- The subwoofer is out of range, please move the subwoofer closer to the soundbar. Make sure the subwoofer is within 5 m of the sound-bar (the closer the better).
- The soundbar may have lost connection with the subwoofer. Re-pair the units by following the steps on the section “Pairing the Wireless Subwoofer with the Soundbar”.
- The unit may not be able to decode all digital audio formats from the input source. In this case, the unit will mute. This is NOT a defect. device is not muted.
TV has display problem while viewing HDR content from HDMI source.
- Some 4K HDR TVs require the HDMI input or picture settings to be set for HDR content re-ception. For further setup details on HDR dis-play, please refer to the instruction manual of your TV.
I can’t find the Bluetooth name of this unit on my Bluetooth device for Bluetooth pairing
- Ensure the Bluetooth function is activated on your Bluetooth device.
- Ensure you have paired the unit with your Bluetooth device.
This is a 15 mins power off function, one of the ERPII standard requirement for saving power
- When the unit’s external input signal level is too low, the unit will be turned off automatically in 15 minutes. Please increase the volume level of your external device.
The subwoofer is idle or the indicator of subwoofer do not light up.
- Please unplug power cord from the mains so-ckect, and plug it in again after 4 minutes to resent the subwoofer.
|Power Supply||AC220-240V~ 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumptiont||30W / < 0,5 W (Standby)|
|5.0 V 0.5 A
Hi-Speed USB (2.0) / FAT32/ FAT16 64G (max) , MP3
|Dimension (WxHxD)||887 x 60 x 113 mm|
|Net weight||2.6 kg|
|Audio input sensitivity||250mV|
|Frequency Response||120Hz – 20KHz|
|Bluetooth / Wireless Specification|
|Bluetooth Version /profiles||V 4.2 (A2DP, AVRCP)|
|Bluetooth Maximum power transmitted||5 dBm|
|Bluetooth Frequency bands||2402 MHz ~ 2480 MHz|
|5.8G wireless frequency range||5725 MHz ~ 5850 MHz|
|5.8G wireless maximum power||3dBm|
|Power Supply||AC220-240V~ 50/60Hz|
|Subwoofer power consumption||30W / <0.5W (Standby)|
|Dimension (WxHxD)||170 x 342 x 313 mm|
|Net weight||5.5 kg|
|Frequency Response||40Hz – 120Hz|
|Amplifier (Total Max. output power)|
|Main Unit||70W (8Ω) x 2|
|Distance/Angle||6m / 30°|
|Battery type||AAA (1.5V X 2)|
Compliance with the WEEE Directive and Disposing of the
This product complies with EU WEEE Directive (2012/19/EU). This product bears a classification symbol for waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
This symbol indicates that this product shall not be disposed with other household wastes at the end of its service life. Used device must be re- turned to official collection point for recycling of electrical and electronic devices. To find these collection systems please contact to your local authorities or retailer where the pro-duct was purchased. Each household performs important role in recovering and recycling of old appliance. Appropriate disposal of used appliance helps prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health.
Compliance with RoHS Directive
The product you have purchased complies with EU RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU). It does not contain harmful and prohibited materials speci-fied in the Directive.
Packaging materials of the product are manufactured from recyclable materials in accordance with our National Environment Regulations. Do not dispose of the packaging materials together with the domestic or other wastes. Take them to the packaging material collection points desig-nated by the local authorities.
This device is noise-suppressed according to the applicable EU directives. This product fulfils the European directives 2014/53/EU, 2009/125/EC and 2011/65/EU.
You can find the CE declaration of conformity for the device in the form of a pdf file on the Grundig Homepage www.grundig.com/downloads/doc.
Documents / Resources
|GRUNDIG DSB 2000 Dolby Atmos Soundbar [pdf] User Manual|
DSB 2000 Dolby Atmos Soundbar, DSB 2000, Dolby Atmos Soundbar, Atmos Soundbar, Soundbar
- Arçelik SelfServis
- Grundig TÃ¼rkiye
- Konformitätserklärungen _Landingpages Startseite
- Yetkili Servisler | Grundig Türkiye
- Grundig Türkiye (@grundigturkiye) • Instagram photos and videos