GREENPAN 1400019081 Nonstick 6-Quart Slow Cooker
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- IMPORTANT: Read all instructions carefully before first use.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. The metal housing will become hot during use. Use handles on side or on lid.
- CAUTION: To reduce the risk of electric shock, cook only in removable inner pan.
- Use tongs or other heat safe utensils to remove food. Do not pour or lift appliance.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or cooker body in water or other liquid.
- Do not add liquid within an inch of the top of aluminum inner pot, or the water may flow out during cooking.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Intended for countertop use only as directed.
- Do not use the appliance for other than intended use.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Do not let cord touch hot surfaces or hang over the edge of table or counter.
- WARNING: Spilled food can cause serious burns. Keep appliance and cord away from children. Never drape cord over edge of counter, never use outlet below counter, and never use with an extension cord.
- Prior to first use, please make sure that
the electrical rating of the appliance is in conformity with the current electric rating.
- Plug cord into wall outlet. To disconnect, switch appliance off, then remove plug from wall outlet.
- Use on stove top or in oven only as directed.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, cook only in removable container.
DO NOT Cook food directly in the Unit Base.
- SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS Do not throw away. Read before operating your new Slow Cooker. Keep for future reference.
- In order to ensure safe operation and optimum performance, please read the entire Instruction/Care & Use Booklet.
SPECIAL CORD SET INSTRUCTIONS
A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Longer extension cords may be used if
care is exercised. If a long extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance, and the longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or animals, or tripped over.
HEALTHY COOKING STARTS WITH GREENSPAN
Since inventing healthy ceramic nonstick in 2007, we’ve dedicated ourselves to unique advances that make cooking better for everyone. From healthy ceramic nonstick cookware to revolutionary home appliances, our groundbreaking designs deliver remarkable performance so you can focus on the flavor. Enjoy!
- Steam Rack
- Removable Pot
- Base Unit
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Read all instructions and important safeguards.
- Remove all packaging materials and check that all items have been received in good condition.
- Tear up all plastic bags and dispose of them properly as they can pose a suffocation or choking risk to children.
- Remove the lid and the removable pot and wash with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before returning to the base.
- Wipe body clean with a damp cloth.
NOTE: Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners, scouring pads or products that are not considered safe to use on nonstick coatings. If washing dishwasher-safe parts in the dishwasher, slight discoloration to the inner pot and accessories may occur. This is cosmetic only and will not affect performance.
- Place pot inside of the base, and place lid on top of the pot
- Plug power cord into the outlet.
- Your Slow Cooker is now ready for use.
- Slow Cook
Press to begin slow cooking mode and press repeatedly to cycle through Slow Cooking modes.
Press to begin
Press to begin
Press to adjust cooking time
Press to adjust the cooking temperature
Press to start or stop a cooking function
Your GreenPan Slow Cooker operates automatically once you set the cooking mode and time. While cooking, the display will count down as time elapses. At the end of the cooking program, the Slow Cooker automatically switches to the Keep Warm setting for up to 8 hours.
- Ensure your Slow Cooker is plugged directly into a grounded wall outlet. Do not use an extension cord.
- Ensure the inner pot is correctly placed within the appliance and the appliance is on a level heat-resistant surface.
Slow cooking works best with foods that require long, low-heat cooking. Examples: stews, soups, beans, and fattier meats such as roasts, pork shoulder, and ribs.
- Press the Slow Cook button, the button will illuminate and the screen will show “Slow Cook” and a mode will flash (reheat, hi, lo, simmer/buffet)
- Press the Slow Cook button repeatedly until the desired mode is selected
- Press +/- to increase or decrease preset cooking time.
- Press Start button to begin cooking program.
- Time can also be adjusted during the cooking cycle using the +/- buttons
Slow Cook Modes
- LO – For best results, use this mode for recipes that have extended cooking times.
- HI – Use this mode for recipes when a shorter cooking time is needed.
- Reheat – This mode will quickly reheat already cooked food. Not designed for an extended cooking time due to the high heat.
- Simmer/Buffet – This mode is for keeping food warm during serving.
- Warm – This mode is intended only for keeping already cooked food warm at a lower temperature. It is not selectable, but will automatically start after the cooking cycle above has been completed and timer will count up to 8 hours, to indicate elapsed time.
Use this mode to Brown meats before slow cooking or to sauté vegetables or other ingredients. Temperature is selectable between 120°F and 400°F.
- Press the Brown/Sauté button, the button will illuminate and the screen will show “Brown/Sauté” and default temperature of 400°F will flash on the display.
- Use +/- buttons to increase or decrease temperature.
- Press “Time” and use +/- buttons to adjust cooking time.
- Press Start button to begin the cooking program.
- Screen shows “Preheat” until cooking temperature is reached. Once the temperature is reached, a ready tone will sound for three cycles and “Preheat” will disappear from the LCD screen.
Use this mode along with the steam tray to steam cook your food. Add 1” of water into the pot, insert steam tray, and then food to be steamed. Longer cook times may require the addition of more water during cooking.
- Press the Steam button, the button will illuminate and the screen will show “Steam”.
- The timer will flash at the default time. Use +/-buttons to adjust cooking time.
- Press Start button
- Screen shows “Preheat” until cooking temperature is reached. Once temperature is reached, a ready tone will sound for three cycles and “Preheat” will disappear from the LCD screen.
Function Summary Chart
|Program||Approximate Temperature||Preset Cooking Time||Cooking Time (MAX)||Cooking Time (MIN)||Preset Keep Warm Time|
|Slow Cook||Lo||200˚F||8 Hr||24 Hr||2 Hr||8 Hr|
|HI||210˚F||8 Hr||8 Hr||1 Hr||8 Hr|
|Reheat||212˚F||1 Min||4 Min||30 Min||8 Hr|
|Simmer/ Buffet||185˚F||4 Hr||24 Hr||1 Hr||8 Hr|
|Warm||165˚F||30 Min||8 Hr||10 Min||8 Hr|
|Brown/ Sauté||120˚F||15 Min||1 Hr||10 Min||8 Hr|
|180˚F||15 Min||1 Hr||10 Min||8 Hr|
|200˚F||15 Min||1 Hr||10 Min||8 Hr|
|250˚F||15 Min||1 Hr||10 Min||8 Hr|
|300˚F||15 Min||1 Hr||10 Min||8 Hr|
|350˚F||15 Min||1 Hr||10 Min||8 Hr|
|400˚F||15 Min||1 Hr||10 Min||8 Hr|
|Steam||212˚F||15 Min||2 Hr||10 Min||8 Hr|
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Before cleaning, always unplug your Slow Cooker and allow it to cool. The inner pot and lid are both safe for dishwasher use.
- If you prefer, you can wash the inner pot and lid with a gentle detergent after removing them from the base.
- Rinse with water and then gently pat dry with a dish towel or cloth.
- Wipe the outside of the Slow Cooker with a damp sponge or cloth. Refrain from using scouring pads, powders or chemical detergents on the Slow Cooker.
Ensure the Slow Cooker is cool and dry before storing. The power cord wraps around the cord wrap for easy storage.
BEFORE RETURNING YOUR GREENPAN PRODUCT
If you are experiencing problems with your GreenPan Slow Cooker, we suggest that you call GreenPan customer service at 914-372-7777 before returning the product. A representative can confirm whether the product is under warranty and advise on next steps.
IMPORTANT: If the defective product is to be serviced by someone other than GreenPan’s authorized service, please tell the servicer to call our consumer service at 914-372-7777 to ensure that the problem is properly diagnosed, the product is serviced with the correct parts, and the product is still under warranty.
|Problem Potential Cause Solution|
|Slow Cooker does not turn on||Power Plug||Check whether the power plug is connected to a functional, grounded electrical outlet|
|Outside of Slow Cooker is hot during use||This is normal, especially after extended use||Do not touch the outside of the Slow Cooker, burns may result. Instead, use handles only when the pan is operating.|
|Slow Cooker turns on, but does not get hot during any cooking mode||Control Board problem||Contact Customer Service|
|Other issues: Contact Customer Service|
GreenPan Electrics are covered by a limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, beginning on the date of purchase and lasting for two years. If your GreenPan Electrics product has a defect during the warranty period, The Cookware Company (USA), LLC will either repair or replace the product. Further information on the warranty claim process, exclusions from warranty coverage, and other terms can be found in the complete limited warranty for this product, available online at greenpan.us/warranty.
TERMS OF SALE; ARBITRATION
The terms on which The Cookware Company (USA), LLC sells GreenPan Electrics are available online at greenpan.us/pages/terms-of-sale (the “Terms”). The Terms contain very important information regarding your rights and obligations, as well as conditions, limitations, and exclusions that may apply to you. Please read them carefully.
In particular, the Terms provide that, by your purchase of this product, you and The Cookware Company (USA), LLC are agreeing to give up any rights to litigate in a court or before a jury, or to participate in a class action or representative action with respect to a claim. Other rights that you would have if you went to court may also be unavailable or limited in arbitration.Any claim, dispute, or controversy between you and The Cookware Company (USA), LLC arising from or relating in any way to your purchase of products or services will be resolved exclusively and finally by binding arbitration.
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified hereby. (The AAA Rules are available at adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.) The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this arbitration and waiver provision.
The Cookware Company (USA), LLC will be responsible for the AAA filing fee of any such proceeding. Other than your right to pursue a claim in small claims court, as described in the Terms, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision, including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or these Terms are void, voidable or otherwise invalid. The arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. Any award of the arbitrator(s) will be final and binding on each of the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Attorney fee-shifting, in this case, is governed by the Terms. You agree to an arbitration on an individual basis. In any dispute,
NEITHER YOU NOR THE COOKWARE COMPANY (USA), LLC WILL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER CUSTOMERS IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY.
The arbitral tribunal may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitral tribunal has no power to consider the enforceability of this class arbitration waiver and any challenge to the class arbitration waiver may only be raised in a court of competent jurisdiction.If any provision of the arbitration agreement described herein and in the Terms is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms
will be enforced
- Be sure to spread oil in the Slow Cooker before cooking, using a heat-resistant spatula or another utensil. Cooking sprays are not recommended.
- Always use tongs or another utensil to remove food. Do not lift the Slow Cooker to pour.
- The Slow Cooker must be placed on a level surface during use – uneven cooking or spilling may result otherwise.
- When Browning/Sautéing, always use a little oil or butter suited for frying for best results. Avoid low smoke point oil or aerosol sprays as they cannot withstand high heat.
- The GreenPan Slow Cooker comes with a 6qt inner pot coated with Thermolon Volt, a special coating designed for kitchen appliances. The inner pot is stovetop and oven safe, though we recommend using the in-unit browning feature for best results.
- While your Slow Cooker is metal utensil safe, we recommend using plastic, silicone or wooden utensils to prolong the life of the ceramic nonstick coating.
- When slow cooking, browning or sautéing your ingredients first lends extra flavor to your food and can result in a mouthwatering, seared crust on meats and poultry.
- Add a light coat of cooking oil or butter to the pot before starting
- Turn on your Slow Cooker and select “Brown/Sauté” mode. Leave the lid off when using brown/sauté mode.
- When the oil is shimmering hot, add meat or other ingredients to be browned/sautéed to the pot. Sear for a few minutes on all sides. NOTE: the pot is especially hot while using the brown/sear mode. Use heat-resistant gloves or oven mitts and keep hands and face away from the pan, as hot oil may splatter. Small amounts of smoke may be generated by the browning process. If excessive smoke or splatter develops, turn off and unplug the Slow Cooker until it subsides. NEVER POUR WATER OR OTHER LIQUIDS INTO SLOW COOKER DURING THE BROWN/SAUTÉ PROGRAM.
- After browning, switch cooking mode to “Slow Cook” and select desired time and temperature.
- Allow pan to cool slightly before adding rest of the ingredients and covering with the lid.
Documents / Resources
|GREENPAN 1400019081 Nonstick 6-Quart Slow Cooker [pdf] User Guide|
1400019081, Nonstick 6-Quart Slow Cooker