GREENPAN 1400019080 6-Quart Stainless Steel Essential Pan User Guide
When using an electrical appliances,
basic safety precautions should always
be followed, including the following:
- IMPORTANT: Read all instructions carefully before first use.
- Do not touch hot surface. The metal housing will become hot during use. Use handles or side or on lid.
- CAUTION: To reduce the risk of electric shock, cook only in removable inner pan.
- Use tongs or other heat safe utensils to remove food. Do not pour or lift appliance.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or cooker body in water or other liquid.
- Do not add liquid beyond the top marking inside the inner pan.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Intended for counter top use only as directed. Not for stove top use.
- Do not use the appliance for other than intended use.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oilor other hot liquids.
- Do not let cord touch hot surfaces or hang over the edge of table or counter.
- WARNING: Spilled food can cause serious burns. Keep appliance and cord away from children. Never drape cord over edge of counter, never use outlet below counter, and never use with an extension cord.
- Prior to first use, please make sure that the electrical rating of the appliance is in conformity with the current electric rating.
- Plug cord into wall outlet. To disconnect, switch appliance off, then remove plug from wall outlet.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, cook only in removable container. DO
NOT Cook food directly in the Unit Base.
- DO NOT place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS Do not throw away. Read before operating your new GreenPan Essential Pan. Keep for future reference.
- In order to ensure safe operation and optimum performance, please read the entire Instruction/Care & Use Booklet.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
SPECIAL CORD SET INSTRUCTIONS:
A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
Longer extension cords may be used if care is exercised. If a long extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance, and the longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or animals, or tripped over.
HEALTHY COOKING STARTS WITH GREENPAN
Since inventing healthy ceramic nonstick in 2007, we’ve dedicated ourselves to unique advances that make cooking better for everyone. From healthy ceramic nonstick cookware to revolutionary home
appliances, our groundbreaking designs deliver remarkable performance so you can focus on the flavor. Enjoy!
- Removable Pan
- Base Unit
- Removable Power cord
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Read all instructions and important safeguards.
- Remove all packaging materials and check that all items have been received in good condition.
- Tear up all plastic bags and dispose of properly as they can pose a suffocation or choking risk to children.
- Remove the lid and the removable pot and wash with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before returning to the base.
- Wipe body clean with a damp cloth
NOTE: Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners, scouring pads or products that are not considered safe to use on nonstick coatings. If washing in the dishwasher, a
slight discoloration to the inner pot and accessories may occur. This is cosmetic only and will not affect performance. THIS
APPLIANCE IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
- Place inner pan inside of base, and place lid on top of the Essential Pan.
- Attach power cord to base receptical on back of Essential Pan.
- Your Essential Pan is now ready for use.
KNOW YOUR CONTROL PANEL
Sear/Sauté Press for high-heat cooking mode
Menu Press to cycle through cooking program modes
Time Press to adjust the remaining cooking time
Temp Press to adjust the cooking temperature
Start/Stop Press to start or stop a cooking function
Your Essential Pan automatically selects a temperature and time once you choose a cooking program. While cooking, the display will count down as time elapses. At the end of the cooking program, the Essential Pan automatically switches to the Keep Warm setting.
- Ensure your Essential Pan is plugged directly into a grounded wall outlet.
Do not use an extension cord.
- Ensure the inner pan is correctly placed within the appliance. Otherwise, “Insert Pan” will flash on display.
- Press Start/Stop to turn on your Essential Pan.
- Press Start/Stop to turn off your Essential Pan at any time during the cooking process.
- To turn on your Essential Pan, Press the Start/Stop button.
- The display will show the default time and temperature
- To adjust temperature, press the TEMP button and use the + and – buttons to raise or lower temperature.
- To adjust cooking time, press the TIME button and use the + and – buttons to raise or lower time.
- Press Start/Stop again to begin cooking. The Essential pan will enter the Preheat mode. The Preheat indicator will be shown on the display.
- The Ready Tone will sound and the preheat indicator will dim once the Essential Pan is ready to cook.
- Add ingredients and cook.
- To adjust time or temperature during cooking, simply press TIME or TEMP and adjust.
- Press Start/Stop to end cooking.
- The various cooking program modes combine preset time and temperature to give you the best results in the easiest way for whatever you are cooking: Stir-Fry, Sauce, Simmer, Soup, White
Rice, Brown Rice, Grains, and Warm. There is also a Sear/Sauté mode for high heat.
- Press “Sear/Sauté” or “Menu” button to select programmed cooking mode.
- The screen will display the mode selected, and the preset temperature and cooking time.
- If desired, change by pressing either TIME or TEMP button and using +/- to adjust
- Press Start/Stop again to begin cooking. The Essential pan will enter the Preheat mode
- The Ready Tone will sound and the preheat indicator will disappear once the Essential Pan is ready to cook.
- To adjust time or temperature during cooking, simply press TIME or TEMP and adjust.
- Press Start/Stop to end cooking.
|Program||Preset cooking temperature||Temperature Range||Preset Cooking time||Time Range||Preset Keep Warm*|
|Manual Operation||400˚F||300˚F – 450˚F||00:30||00:10 – 01:00||Yes|
|Stir-fry||450˚F||300˚F – 450˚F||00:20||00:10 – 01:00||Yes|
|Sauce||350˚F||250˚F – 450˚F||00:20||00:10 – 01:00||Yes|
|Simmer||200˚F||180˚F – 200˚F||04:00||02:00 – 08:00||Yes|
|Steam||N/A||N/A||00:20||00:10 – 02:00||Yes|
|White Rice||N/A||N/A||00:50||00:45 – 01:05||Yes|
|Brown Rice||N/A||N/A||01:15||01:05 – 01:45||Yes|
|Grains||N/A||N/A||01:15||01:05 – 01:45||Yes|
|Soup||170˚F||170˚F – 220˚F||01:00||01:05 – 01:45||Yes|
|Sear/Sauté||400˚F||200˚F – 450˚F||00:20||00:10 – 01:00||Yes|
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Before cleaning, always unplug your Essential Pan and allow it to cool. See below table for cleaning guidance.
- If you prefer, you can wash the inner pan and lid with a gentle detergent after removing them from the base.
- Refrain from using scouring pads, powders or chemical detergents on the Essential Pan
Ensure the Essential Pan is cool and dry before storing. Removable power cord with tie for easy storage inside pan.
BEFORE RETURNING YOUR GREENPAN PRODUCT
If you are experiencing problems with your GreenPan Essential Pan, we suggest that you call
GreenPan customer service at 914-372-7777 before returning the product. A representative can confirm whether the product is under warranty and advise on next steps.
IMPORTANT: If the defective product is to be serviced by someone other than GreenPan’s authorized service, please tell the servicer to call our consumer service at 914-372-7777 to ensure that the problem is properly diagnosed, the product is serviced with the correct parts, and the product is still under warranty.
|Problem Potential Cause Solution|
|Essential Pan does not turn on||Power Plug||Check whether the power plug is connected to a functional, grounded electrical outlet|
|Essential Pan does not turn on||Inner Pan not seated correctly||Remove and re-seat Inner Pan, making sure that the “front” indicator is facing front. Push down gently but firmly.|
|Outside of Essential Pan is hot during use||This is normal, especially after extended use||Do not touch the outside of the Essential Pan, burns may result. Instead, use handles only when the pan is operating.|
|Essential Pan turns on, but the inner Pan does not heat up and “Insert Pan” is shown on the display||Inner Pan not seated correctly||Remove and re-seat Inner Pan, making sure that the “front” indicator is facing front. Push down gently but firmly.|
|Other issues: Contact Customer Service|
GreenPan Electrics are covered by a limited
warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, beginning on the date of purchase and lasting for two years. If your GreenPan Electrics product has a defect during the warranty period, The Cookware Company (USA), LLC will either repair or replace the product. Further information on the warranty claim process, exclusions from warranty coverage, and other terms can be found in
the complete limited warranty for this product, available online at greenpan.us/warranty.
TERMS OF SALE; ARBITRATION
The terms on which The Cookware Company (USA), LLC sells GreenPan Electrics are available online at greenpan.us/pages/terms- of-sale (the “Terms”). The Terms contain very important information regarding your rights and obligations, as well as conditions, limitations, and exclusions that may apply to you. Please read them carefully.
In particular, the Terms provide that, by your purchase of this product, you and The
Cookware Company (USA), LLC are agreeing to give up any rights to litigate in a court or before a jury, or to participate in a class action or representative action with respect to a claim.
Other rights that you would have if you went to court may also be unavailable or limited in arbitration.Any claim, dispute, or controversy between you and The Cookware Company (USA), LLC arising from or relating in any way to your purchase of products or services will be resolved exclusively and finally by binding arbitration.
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified hereby. (The AAA Rules are available at adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.) The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this arbitration and waiver provision.
The Cookware Company (USA), LLC will be responsible for the AAA filing fee of any such proceeding. Other than your right to pursue a claim in small claims court, as described in the Terms, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision, including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or these Terms are void, voidable or otherwise invalid. The arbitrator
will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. Any award of the arbitrator(s) will be final and binding on each of the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Attorney fee
shifting in this case is governed by the Terms. You agree to an arbitration on an individual basis. In any dispute, NEITHER YOU NOR THE COOKWARE COMPANY (USA), LLC WILL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER CUSTOMERS IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. The
arbitral tribunal may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitral tribunal has no power to consider the enforceability of this class arbitration waiver and any challenge to the class arbitration waiver may only be raised in a court of competent jurisdiction. If any provision of the arbitration agreement described herein and in the Terms is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced.
The perfect stir-fry requires high heat and only a small amount of oil. Start by cooking the meat first (or skip ahead if making a vegetarian stir-fry), until it starts to caramelize and remove to a plate (it doesn’t have to be completely done at this point). Then, add your vegetables, the longer-cooking ones first, and progressively adding the quicker-cooking ones. Finally,
return the meat to the pan and cook until done. Recipe Suggestion: Teriyaki chicken and vegetable stir-fry
The sauce mode provides enough heat and cooking time to bring out the flavor of onions and other aromatics that form the base of many great sauces. For extended sauce-making, some chefs opt to transition to the Simmer mode after combining ingredients under the Sauce mode. Recipe Suggestion: Homemade Marinara Sauce
Simmering is all about cooking low and slow. This setting is perfect for when you need time to bring out the flavor of your ingredients or to
tenderize tougher cuts of meat in a stew. Recipe Suggestion: Beef Chili
Steaming is a quick and healthy way to cook. When using the steam mode, add 0.5” of water to the pan before adding your ingredients, then use the steam mode to hold the Essential Pan at the perfect even steaming temperature. Recipe Suggestion: Steamed Broccoli with Olive Oil, Garlic and Lemon
- For effortless rice, simply use a 1:2 ratio of Rice:Water for White Rice and 1:2.5 ratio for Brown Rice.
- Add rice and water to Essential Pan, and select either White Rice or Brown Rice.
- For best results, always rinse rice under running water (to remove starches) before adding to the Essential Pan.
Note: Other rices (short grain rice, wild rice, etc) can also be cooked in your Essential Pan. You can vary the default rice cooking times accordingly (See: Programmed Operation above)
Select this mode to cook all other grains, such as quinoa or oats. Consult the grains packaging for correct Grain:Water ratio.
When cooking soup, it’s important not to overcook your ingredients on high heat. That’s where soup mode comes in, and does the work for you by perfectly regulating the heat for an aromatic, flavorful soup making experience.
This mode generates high heat required for searing and sautéing. Add a small amount of oil to the pan before starting, and when the “preheat” indicator dims, you’ll know it’s at the perfect temperature to get deep-brown searing and caramelization.
Other Recipe Tips:
- Be sure to spread oil in the Essential Pan before cooking, using a heat resistant spatula or other utensil.
- Always use tongs or other utensil to remove food, do not lift Essential pan to pour.
- The Essential Pan must be placed on a level surface during use—otherwise uneven cooking (especially for rice) will result.
- Your Essential Pan heats up more quickly than normal stovetop cookware.
- Always use a little oil or butter suited for frying for best results. Avoid low smoke point oil or aerosol sprays as they cannot withstand high heat.
- While your Essential Pan is metal utensil safe, we recommend using plastic, silicone or wooden utensils to prolong the life of the ceramic nonstick coating.
- If desired, use only a silicone steamer basket to prolong the life of the nonstick coating.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Documents / Resources
|GREENPAN 1400019080 6-Quart Stainless Steel Essential Pan [pdf] User Guide|
1400019080, 6-Quart Stainless Steel Essential Pan, 1400019080 6-Quart Stainless Steel Essential Pan