Electronic Glass Scale
Model : 8188A
Instructions for use
Please read the instructions and warnings carefully before use to ensure safe and satisfactory operation of this product.
This scale features our convenient step-on operation. Once initialized, the scale can be operated by simply stepping straight onto the platform – no more waiting!
PREPARING YOUR SCALE
- Open the battery compartment on the scale underside.
- Remove isolating tab from beneath the battery.
- Close the battery compartment.
- Select kg, st or lb weight mode by the switch on the underside of the scale.
- Position scale on a firm flat surface.
INITIALIZING YOUR SCALE
*This initialization process must be repeated any time the scale is moved *
At all other times, step straight on the scale
- Press the platform center and remove your foot.
- “0.0” will be displayed.
- The scale will switch off and is now ready for use.
OPERATING YOUR SCALE
- Step on scale platform and stand very still while it computes your weight.
- Your weight will be displayed.
- Step off. Your weight will be displayed for a few seconds.
- The scale will switch off.
Lo Replace battery.
—- Weight exceeds maximum capacity.
ADVICE FOR USE AND CARE
• Always weigh yourself on the same scale placed on the same floor surface. Do not compare weight reading from one scale to
another as some differences will exist due to manufacturing tolerances.
• Placing your scale on a hard, even floor will ensure the greatest accuracy and consistency.
• Weigh yourself at the same time each day, before meals and without footwear. First thing in the morning is a good time.
• Your scale rounds up or down to the nearest increment. If you weigh yourself twice and get two different readings, your
weight lies between the two.
• Clean your scale with a damp cloth. Do not use chemical cleaning agents.
• Do not allow your scale to become saturated with water as this can damage the electronics.
• Treat your scale with care – it is a precision instrument. Do not drop it or jump on it. It is not shock proof.
If you experience any difficulty in the use of your scale:
• Check to make sure the battery is correctly fi ed.
• Check that you have selected your preference of kilograms, stones or pounds.
• Make sure the scale is on a flat, level floor and not touching against a wall.
• Repeat the ‘Initialization’ procedure every me the scale is moved.
• When you use the scale, if there is no display at all or if “Lo” is displayed – try a new battery.
• If “—-“ is displayed the scale has been overloaded.
CHANGING THE BATTERY
• When the symbol “Lo” appears, the battery needs to be replaced.
• Use ONLY the recommended 3.0 Volt DC bu on type battery or equivalent. CR2032 3.0 VDC
• Remove battery cover by pushing down on the tab and lighting the cover off the unit.
• Use your finger to push down and pull out the battery. Avoid using any sharp metal object as it can cause the supply
terminals to short-circuit.
• Clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to battery re-installation.
• Make sure that the new battery is inserted with the positive polarity up!
• Replace battery cover.
• Remove the battery if the scale will not be used for extended periods of me.
• Batteries contain substances that may be harmful to the environment and human health.
WARNING: Discard old battery y carefully, out of reach of young children. Swallowing the battery may be fatal. If the battery is swallowed, contact the hospital immediately to have it removed.
This symbol indicates that batteries should not be disposed of in the normal household waste but should be taken to an appropriate local recycling facility when one is available.
Never throw batteries in a fire or a empty to open outer casings, they may explode!
This electronic glass scale is guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase against manufacturer’s defect under normal, household use. Following the directions closely will ensure years of dependable opera on. If the scale does not function properly, first check the battery (see battery replacement instruction). Replace the battery if necessary.
NOTE: POTENTIAL FOE RADIO/TELEVISION INTERFERENCE (for U.S.A. Only)
This product has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC
rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. The
product generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the
instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will
not occur in a par culartions installation. If the product does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the product on and off, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the product and the receiver.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!