HD Peel & Present Option
directamente polos nosos clientes.
This document describes the contents, installation, and use of the Heavy Duty Peel and Present option for the H-Class printer. After verifying the contents of the kit and the tools needed, follow the steps below to install and begin using the option. A maintenance procedure is also included, so keep this documentation for future reference.
For your safety and to avoid equipment damage, always turn ‘Off’ power and unplug the printer’s power cord before beginning this installation and when performing service.
Contents of the Heavy Duty Peel and Present Option
This kit contains the following item:
• Heavy Duty Peel and Present Assembly
To install this option, you will need a standard screwdriver.
Paso 1: Preparación da impresora
A) Desactivar o Interruptor de alimentación e desenchufe o cable de alimentación do Receptáculo AC.
B) Prema no botón Captura, a continuación, tire cara adiante para eliminar o Porta.
C) Levante o Cuberta de acceso and remove your media from the printer.
D) Elimina o Parafuso Prato de lágrima. (Alternately, if equipped with an Arc Plate, Present Sensor, or Cutter, remove that device.)
Step 2: Installing the Heavy Duty Peel and Present Assembly
A) Prema o botón Peche e abra o Peel and Present Montaxe.
B) Carefully press the Peel and Present Assembly na Front Plate Connector.
C) Apretar o Parafuso de montaxe para asegurar o Peel and Present Assembly á impresora.
Paso 3: Usando a opción
During operation, labels will be peeled from the backing material and dispensed “on-demand” – that is, subsequent printing will occur only after a previously printed label has been removed from the printer. As a reminder, “REMOVE LABEL” will be displayed to prompt you when a label awaits removal.
Begin using the option as follows:
A) Carga medios (see the Operator’s Manual for details). Extend 20 inches (50 cm) of medios from the printer.
B) Remove the labels from this extended portion of media, leaving only the Backing Material. Crease the leading edge of this BackingMaterial.
C) Ruta o Material de apoio baixo a Assist Roller eo Internal Rewinder.
D) Envolve o Material de apoio in a counterclockwise direction around the Rewinder Hub and insert the creased leading edge into one of its Slots. Insert the Media Broche (Item 6) into the Slot over the creased leading edge of the Respaldo Material and around the Rewinder Hub.
E) Pecha o Peel and Present Assembly. Close the Access Cover, plug the power cord into the AC Receptacle, and turn ‘On’ the Power Switch.
F) Asegúrese de que PRESTADO is displayed on the Front Panel then press the FEED Key and proceed according to your observations:
- If REMOVE LABEL is displayed on the Front Panel, this completes the installation; or,
- If REMOVE LABEL is not displayed on the Front Panel, proceed to step 4: “Configuring the Printer.”
- The operation of the Present Sensor on this option can also be controlled by host software commands, so ensure that your labeling program is properly configured for use when sending label formats to the printer.
- If this option is removed with power applied, the printer will behave as if a label awaits removal; to restore normal operation, cycle power to the printer.
Paso 4: Configuración da impresora
While the Heavy Duty Peel and Present option is a plug-and-play device, this step may be necessary if the printer’s default configuration has been changed. Follow the steps below to configure the printer:
Nota: No seguinte procedemento, consulte o Manual do operador para obter instrucións detalladas do panel frontal.
A) Prema o botón MENU Button on the printer’s front panel.
B) Usando o ABAIXO Button, scroll to PRINTER OPTIONS then press the Right Button.
C) Usando o ABAIXO Button, scroll to PRESENT SENSOR logo prema ENTER Key.
D) Usando o ABAIXO Button, scroll to MODO logo prema ENTER Key.
E) Usando o ABAIXO Button, scroll to AUTO logo prema ENTER Clave.
F) Prema o botón SAIR Key then, at the GARDAR CAMBIOS? solicitude, seleccione SI para completar a instalación.
G) Turn the Power Switch "Desactivado" ‘On’ to reset the printer and complete the configuration.
Nota: If the printer fails to separate the labels from the backing material, and the Internal Rewinder is not turning, it may need to be enabled. Using the procedure above as a guide, press the MENU Button, scroll to PRINTER OPTIONS, logo a REWINDER, e seleccione AUTO. Afterward, press the SAIR key and save your changes when prompted.
Maintaining the Heavy Duty Peel & Present Assembly
To ensure trouble-free operation, the Heavy Duty Peel and Present Assembly should be cleaned after every 100,000 inches (254,000 cm) of media use. This interval depends on the label adhesive, where “gummy” adhesives may require more frequent cleaning. (To easily track label usage, go to SYSTEM SETTINGS → MEDIA COUNTERS in the printer’s menu system.)
Clean the assembly as follows:
- Turn ‘Off’ the Power Switch and unplug the power cord from the AC Receptacle. Raise the Access Cover and remove the media from the printer.
- Remove the Peel & Present Assembly from the printer.
- Using compressed air or a soft brush, clean the Sensores on the assembly.Nota: For cleaning heavy deposits, isopropyl alcohol can be used – provided it is carefully applied using a cotton swab, and then allowed to dry before reconnecting the option to the printer.
- Prema o botón Peche to open the Peel and Present Assembly. Then remove the C-Clip that secures the Upper Roller Shaft ao Front Cover.
- Remove the Upper Roller Shaft and the associated Rollers.
- Empregando un Cotonete dampened with alcohol, wipe all Rodete Upper Roller Shaft surface clean. Pay special attention to the ridges on the rolos to ensure that they are clean.
Nota: For cleaning heavy deposits from the Rollers and Shafts in the following steps, WD-40 or another non-damaging adhesive remover can be substituted for isopropyl alcohol – provided this adhesive remover is carefully applied using a cotton swab.
- Desliza o rolos de volta ao Upper Roller Shaft, place the components into the Front Cover, and reinstall the C-Clip.
- Empuxe Levantar tanto Tabs que aseguran o Lower Roller Assembly to the Front Cover (as shown) and then, while keeping it intact, carefully remove the entire Lower Roller Assembly.
- Take note of the individual Rodete positions – they must be reinstalled in the same order – then, carefully remove the rolos a partir do Lower Roller Shaft.
- Empregando un Cotonete dampened with alcohol, wipe all Rodete Lower Roller Shaft surfaces clean. Pay special attention to the ridges on the rolos to ensure that they are clean.
- Desliza o Rollers, in their original order, onto the Lower Roller Shaft and reinstall them in the Front Cover, asegurando que o Tabs are properly seated. Reinstall the Peel and Present Assembly onto the printer to complete the cleaning procedure.
|Honeywell H-4310 H-Class HD Peel and Present Option [pdf] Instrucións|
H-4310, H-Class, HD Peel and Present Option, H-4310 H-Class HD Peel and Present Option