Gill Athletics, Inc.
740145204SP – CUSTOM GRAPHIC MESH BARRIER SEAL, WHITE
SECTION 11 68 33.43
WATER JUMP BARRIER SEAL
PART 1 GENERAL
1.01 SECTION INCLUDES
- WATER JUMP BARRIER SEAL
- Section 31 23 00 Excavation and Fill.
- Section 03 30 00 Cast-in-Place Concrete.
- Section 32 18 23 Athletic Surfacing.
- Section 32 12 16 Asphalt Paving.
- NFHS – National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)
- NCAA – National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- IAAF – International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF)
- FIFA – International Federation of Association Football
- FIBA – International Basketball Federation
1.04 DESIGN REQUIREMENTS
- Water Jump Barrier Seal: Locate positions of Water Jump Barrier Seal on the site plan.
- Verify that site conditions are adequate to support loads imposed by Water Jump Barrier Seal.
- Comply with Section 01 33 00 – Submittal Procedures.
- Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s product data, including materials, components, fabrication, finish, and installation instructions.
- Operation and Maintenance Manual: Submit manufacturer’s operation and maintenance manual; including operation, maintenance, adjustment, and cleaning instructions; trouble shooting guide; parts list.
1.06 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Single Source Responsibility: Provide Water Jump Barrier Seal from single manufacturer.
- Manufacturer’s Qualifications: Minimum of 5 consecutive years of experience manufacturing Water Jump Barrier Seal similar to that specified.
- Installer’s Qualifications: Contractor experienced with track & field installation, concrete work, asphalt paving, and track surfacing.
- Regulatory Requirements: Water Jump Barrier Seal shall conform to latest rules and regulations.
- National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF)
- International Federation of Association Football (FIFA)
- International Basketball Federation (FIBA)
1.07 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
- Delivery: Deliver materials to site in manufacturer’s original, unopened containers and packaging, with labels clearly identifying product name and manufacturer.
- Storage: Store materials in clean, dry area indoors in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Keep temporary protective coverings in place.
- Handling: Protect materials and finish from damage during handling and installation.
- Provide 5-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, unless otherwise specified.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
- Manufactured and Supplied by:
2.02 740145204SP – CUSTOM GRAPHIC MESH BARRIER SEAL, WHITE
- Water Jump Barrier Seal
- Consists of one (1) Barrier Seal
- Constructed of 8oz flexi mesh
- Printable Custom Graphics
- Approximately 40”x113”
- Top Support Tube
- Consists of one (1) Top Tube
- Constructed of 1.31” OD re-metalized steel tube
- Approximately 112” long
- Two (2) black vinyl pipe caps
- Bottom Support Tube
- Consists of one (1) Top Tube
- Constructed of 1.66” OD PVC pipe
- Approximately 111” long
- Two (2) PVC pipe caps
- All stainless steel hardware
PART 3 EXECUTION
- Examine areas to receive Water Jump Barrier Seal. Notify Architect in writing of conditions that would adversely affect installation or subsequent use. Do not proceed with installation until unsatisfactory conditions are corrected.
- Install Water Jump Barrier Seal in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions at locations indicated on the Drawings.
- Install equipment plumb, level, straight, square, accurately aligned, correctly located, to proper elevation, and secure.
- Install equipment using manufacturer’s supplied hardware and fasteners.
- Repair minor damages to finish in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and as approved by Architect.
- Remove and replace damaged components that cannot be successfully repaired, as determined by Architect.
Adjust Water Jump Barrier Seal to plumb and level as appropriate.
END OF SECTION