4 serving REMOVABLE-PLATE GRILL
USE AND CARE MANUAL
RPGF3602RD, RPGF3602RDC, RPGF3602TG SERIES
PLEASE READ AND SAVE THIS USE AND CARE BOOK.
When using electrical appliances, always follow basic safety precautions to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- The appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remotecontrol system.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plugs or appliance in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning the appliance.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Contact customer support or call the appropriate toll-free number in this manual.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- To disconnect, remove plug from wall outlet.
- Be sure removable plates are assembled and fastened properly (see ATTACHING THE PL ATES).
- Do not use this appliance for other than intended use.
- The appliance is only to be operated in the closed position.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent removal of the outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not attempt to remove the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done only by authorized service personnel.
a) A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
b) Extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
c) If an extension cord is used:
1) The marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance;
2) If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord; and
3) The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counter top or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
Note: If the power cord is damaged, please contact the warranty department listed in these instructions.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR GRILL
- Grill cover
- Power indicator light
- Preheat indicator light
- Grill plate release tabs (both sides)
- Removable grill plate (top) (Part # RPGF3602-01)
- Removable grill plate (bottom) (Part # RPGF3602-02)
- Nested drip tray (Part # RPGF3602-03)
- Dual grill position stand
Note: indicates consumer replaceable/ removable parts. Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
Flip the dual grill position stand underneath the unit. Then wrap the cord around cord hooks to secure it. Stand the grill vertically to save storage space.
HOW TO USE
This product is for household use only.
- Remove all packing material, any stickers, and the plastic band around the power plug.
- Remove and save literature.
- Please go to www.prodprotect.com/georgeforeman to register your warranty.
USING DUAL GRILL POSITION STAND
- or sloped cooking of foods like burgers or chicken: Flip the Dual Grill Position Stand out away from the grill. (A)
- For horizontal cooking of foods like paninis or hot dogs:
Flip the stand to store underneath the grill.
ATTACHING THE PLATES
Important: This appliance must always be used with both cooking plates securely attached.
Caution: Attach grill plates when the appliance is cool.
- Securely attach top grill plate using the release tabs on each side. To secure the plate, insert the tabs at the bottom of the plate into the slots closest to the hinge. Push the plate onto the grill until the release tabs snap into place.
- Securely attach bottom grill plate using the release tabs as described in Step 1.
PREHEATING THE GRILL
- Slide drip tray under front of grill.
- Close lid and plug cord into outlet.
- Allow grill to preheat. When grilling temperature is reached, the green preheat indicator light turns on.
- Using a potholder, carefully open the lid.
Note: Aerosol cooking spray should not be used on nonstick surface. Chemicals that allow spray to come out of a can build up on surface of grill plates and reduce their efficiency.
- Carefully place foods to be cooked on lower grilling plate. Close lid.
Note: Do not overload grill.
- Close cover and allow food to cook for desired time. (See cooking chart.)
Note: Always use heatproof plastic, nylon or wood utensils to avoid scratching nonstick surface of grill plates. Never use metal skewers, tongs, forks or knives.
- When finished cooking, unplug the appliance to cool it down.
- Using a potholder or oven mitts, carefully open the lid and remove the food.
- Allow the drip tray to cool before removing it from under the grill. Wash and dry the drip tray after each use. It can also be washed in the upper rack of the dishwasher.
USING ADJUSTABLE COOKING HEIGHT
This grill has a unique hinge that allows the grill cover to adjust to the thickness of food. For even browning and cooking, when grilling more than one sandwich or piece of meat, it is important that the thickness of each be about the same.
SUGGESTED COOKING CHART
The cooking times and temperatures in the below chart are meant to be used as a guideline only. Cooking time will depend upon the food thickness and cut being used. Use a meat thermometer to test for doneness by inserting the thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat. For reasons of personal preference, you may choose to cook food to a higher temperature.
63 °C (145 °F)
71 °C (160 °F)
74 °C (165 °F)
|Salmon Steak 6 oz||4 min.|
|Burgers 4 oz||2 – 4 min.||5 – 7 min.||6 – 8 min.|
|Chicken Breast 6 oz||6 – 8 min.|
|Steak 7 oz||4 – 6 min.||5 – 7 min.||6 – 8 min.|
CARE AND CLEANING
Caution: To avoid accidental burns, allow your grill to cool completely before cleaning. This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service personnel.
- Empty the drip tray, clean with warm, soapy water. Wipe dry.
- To remove the plates, press the release tabs on both sides of the plates and remove from the grill. The plates can be washed in the dishwasher or by hand with hot, soapy water; always dry plates thoroughly before reattaching.
- Wipe outside of unit with a warm, wet sponge. Dry with soft, dry cloth.
- DO NOT use steel wool, scouring pads or abrasive cleaners on any part of the grill.
- DO NOT immerse in water or any other liquid.
- Make sure to hold the lid open by hand while cleaning to prevent accidental closing and injury.
- Any servicing requiring disassembly other than the above cleaning must be performed by a qualified service personnel.
ASIAN CHICKEN BURGERS
Prep Time: 10 Min | Total Time: 1 hour and 15 min
|1 lb. lean ground chicken||2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce|
|1 Tbsp. lemon juice||½ tsp. ground ginger|
|1 clove garlic, minced||1 egg white|
|2 green onions, finely chopped||4 sesame seed hamburger buns|
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lemon juice, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, ginger and egg white. Shape into 4 patties. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat George Foreman Grill®. Place the burgers in the grill and grill for 5 minutes or until burgers are done (160°F)
Serve on the sesame seed buns with condiments such as low fat peanut butter, hoisin sauce and bean sprouts.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 3
|¾ lbs. lean ground beef||1 cup tomato sauce, divided|
|2 cloves garlic, finely chopped||1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning|
|¼ cup chopped onion||6 dinner rolls, heated and sliced|
|¼ dry breadcrumbs||3 slices Provolone cheese, cut in halves|
|½ tsp. each salt and pepper||2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese|
Mix ground beef, garlic, onion, breadcrumbs and HALF the tomato sauce in large bowl.
Form meat mixture into 6 meatballs; set aside.
Attach grill plates to George Foreman® Grill. Preheat grill.
Place slider plate on lower grill plate and place one meatball into each opening. Close grill and cook 6 min. or until done (160°F).
For each slider, place 2 cheese slices on bottom of roll. Top with burgers, sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Secure sliders with party picks to serve.
WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
For support or any questions regarding your appliance, call the appropriate 800 number listed within this section. Please DO NOT return the product to the place of purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail product back to manufacturer, nor bring it to a service center. You may also want to consult our Product Protection Center at www.prodprotect.com/georgeforeman .
Three-Year Limited Warranty
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does my warranty cover?
- Your warranty covers any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, the liability of Spectrum Brands Inc. will not exceed the purchase price of product.
How long is the warranty period?
- Your warranty extends three years from the date of original purchase with proof of purchase.
What support does my warranty provide?
- Your warranty provides you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either new or factory refurbished.
How do you get support?
- Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
- Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/georgeforeman, or call toll-free 1-800-947-3745, for general warranty service.
- If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
How does state law affect my warranty?
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
What does my warranty not cover?
- Damage from commercial use
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
- Products that have been modified in any way
- Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
- Glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
- Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
- Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.)
Are there additional warranty exclusions?
- This warranty shall not be valid where it is contrary to U.S. and other applicable laws, or where the warranty would be prohibited under any economic sanctions, export control laws, embargos, or other restrictive trade measures enforced by the United States or other applicable jurisdictions. This includes, without limitation, any warranty claims implicating parties from, or otherwise located in, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria and the disputed Crimea region.
Sello del Distribuidor:
1150W 120 V ~ 60 Hz
Register your product at www.prodprotect.com/georgeforeman
Made in China.
® Registered Trademark and™ Trademark of Spectrum Brands, Inc.
© 2020 Spectrum Brands, Inc. Middleton, WI 53562 24
T22-5003796-D 27919 E/S/F
Documents / Resources
|GEORGE FOREMAN GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL [pdf] User Manual|
GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL, RPGF3602RD, RPGF3602RDC, RPGF3602TG SERIES
- George Foreman Cooking | Shop Indoor Electric Grills & Accessories | George Foreman
- User Manual