GARDENERS 8611714 Self-Watering Galvanized Seed Starting Tray
- (24) GALVANIZED GROWING CELLS
- (1) WIRE SUPPORT PLATFORM
- (1) JUTE FELT CAPILLARY MAT
- (1) GALVANIZED RESERVOIR TRAY
Set-Up and Planting Instructions
- Lightly moisten your seed-starting mix (we recommend our Organic Seed Starting Mix #8592212). It should have the moisture level of a well-wrung sponge.
- Place the SUPPORT PLATFORM into the RESERVOIR TRAY and then place the CAPILLARY MAT on top. Extend one end of the mat extended over the platform and into the RESERVOIR TRAY.
- Place the GROWING CELLS on top of the JUTE FELT CAPILLARY MAT.
- Fill the GROWING CELLS with a seed-starting mix. Press down firmly on the growing mix in each cell so that it makes full contact with the mat.
- Plant seeds following the seed-packet instructions. Each cell is designed to hold one plant. Tip: group seeds with similar temperature, moisture or light level needs in the same GROWING TRAY.
- Gently water the growing mix from above to settle it. Fill the RESERVOIR TRAY with water to a level just below the SUPPORT PLATFORM. The extended end of the CAPILLARY MAT should be in the water.
- Watering: Check the water level in the reservoir regularly and refill as required so the capillary mat is damp at all times. If the mat dries out, thoroughly moisten it and water from above to re-establish the capillary flow. If the seed-starting mix is too wet, empty the reservoir tray and allow the mix to dry for a day or two.
- Light: Seedlings grow best with 14-16 hours of bright light per day. Supplemental, full-spectrum light, such as that provided by our SunLite® Gardens, is ideal. Seedlings may become spindly in lower-light conditions.
- Temperature: Most seeds germinate best between 68 and 75° F.
- Fertilizing: We recommend adding a water-soluble fertilizer to the reservoir tray every week.
- Reuse and storage: Remove loose soil from all parts with warm water and gentle soap. Rinse in clean water and dry before storing.
Replacement sets of 3 JUTE FELT CAPILLARY MATS (8611803) available at gardeners.com
For more helpful seed-starting information and advice, visit gardeners.com
8% of our profits go back to our communities.
Learn more at gardeners.com/FoRCE-FoR-GoOD
1-800-876-5520 • gardeners.com
Documents / Resources