26 IN. ELECTIC FIREPLACE
(Optional face trim
kit model #FT26)
Please read and understand this entire manual before attempting to assemble, operate or install the product.
WARNING: Any use of this appliance other than that recommended by the manufacturer in this owner’s manual may cause fire, burns, electric shock, and/or other serious injuries or death.
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons including the following:
- Read the manufacturers instructions completely before using this appliance.
- This appliance will become hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. The grill at the top of this heater in particular will become hot when the heater is active. Take special care not to block the air intake or exhaust vents.
- Extreme caution is necessary when the appliance is used by or near children or invalids and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended.
- Do not operate the heater if the power cord or plug has been damaged or the heater has been damaged or malfunctioned in any way. Take the appliance to an authorized service facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment or repair.
- Do not use outdoors.
- This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- To disconnect the appliance, turn all controls “OFF”, and then remove the plug from the electrical outlet.
- The appliance comes equipped with a 3 prong-grounding plug. Do not cut the grounding prong. Connect to properly grounded 120V outlets only.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust openings as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the appliance.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhausts in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- All electrical heaters have hot and arching or sparking parts inside. Do not use in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored or where the appliance will be exposed to flammable vapors.
- Avoid using the appliance with an extension cord. Extension cords may overheat and cause a risk of fire. If an extension cord MUST be used, the cord must be No. 16AWG minimum size and rated not less than 1875 Watts.
The extension cord must be a 3-prong cord with grounding-type plug and cord connection and should not exceed 20’ (6m) in length.
- When transporting or storing the heater, take care to keep both the unit and power cord/plug dry, free from excessive vibration and away from heat sources.
- Use the heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Do not attempt to burn wood or other materials in this heater.
Read all instructions and warning prior to operating the appliance.
Ensure that all controls are in the “OFF” position before plugging the appliance in to a properly grounded electrical outlet.
The control panel of the appliance is located behind the wire grate above the window on the front (Fig. 1).
Using the Control Panel and the Remote Control:
Simulated Flame Effect:
- Push-button (A) power ON/OFF.
- Push-button (D) to turn the flame ON/OFF.
- Push-button (E) to ± flame brightness.
- Push-button (C) once to activate low heat setting
- Push-button (C) second time to activate high heat setting
- Push-button (C) third time to activate the “AUTO” function.
- Turn thermostat (B) dial to desired setting.
- Push-button (C) fourth time to shut heater off
NOTE: Flame and/or heat can work separately or together.
PLUGGING IN THE HEATER(Refer to Fig.4):
This heater is for use on 120 Volts. The heater has a 3-prong grounded plug (fig. A). If your electrical outlet has only 2 slots (fig. B), you will have to use an adapter (fig. C) to convert from the 3-prong power cord to a 2-slot receptacle. The green grounding plug extending from the adapter must be securely connected to a permanent ground such as a properly grounded outlet box. The adapter should only be used if a proper 3-slot receptacle is not available.
NOTE: Adapters are not allowed for use in Canada.
A 15 AMP circuit is required to operate this appliance. If the breaker trips when the appliance is running, you may need to move the appliance to another location or unplug other appliances that are on the same circuit.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
WARNING: Before attempting to perform any maintenance on this appliance, turn all controls to the “OFF” position and unplug. Allow the appliance to be “OFF” for at least 10 minutes before performing any maintenance in order to allow all components to cool properly.
Replacing Light Bulbs:
- Make sure that all controls are off and that the appliance is unplugged.
- Wear latex gloves to ensure that grease/oil from your hands does not transfer to the bulbs.
- Take hold of each side of the bulb cover panel at the bottom of the firebox and pull straight out (See Fig.5). You can see three 40W light bulbs in the firebox (See Fig.6).
- Examine the light bulbs to determine which bulbs require replacement.
- Remove the burnt out bulb and replace with a new 40W bulb –do not over tighten.
- Replace the cover panel (See Fig.7).
WARNING: DO NOT EXCEED THE RECOMMENDED BULB WATTAGE.
- Replace the bulb cover panel.
- To remove dust from glass window, use clean dry cloth.
- To remove fingerprints or other marks from glass window, use clean damp cloth. Do not spray glass cleaner or other liquids directly onto the window.
- Clean metal surfaces with a clean damp cloth making sure not to push dust or debris into any air intake or exhaust vents.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or spray liquids on any part of the appliance.
- Periodic cleaning/vacuuming of the fan/heater unit is strongly recommended to ensure that no dirt or foreign objects build up.
WARNING: Turn off the appliance, unplug and let cool for at least 10 minutes before attempting to service. Only a qualified professional should attempt to service or repair the appliance.
ILLUSTRATED PARTS BREAKDOWN
2701 S.Harbor Blvd.
Santa Ana, CA 92704
KEEP THIS WARRANTY
Model (located on product or identification tag) _______
Date Purchased _____________
Keep receipt for warranty verification.
FMI PRODUCTS, LLC LIMITED WARRANTIES
Standard Warranty: FMI PRODUCTS, LLC warrants this new product and any parts thereof to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) years from the date of first purchase from an authorized dealer provided the product has been installed, maintained and operated in accordance with FMI PRODUCTS, LLC’s warnings and instructions.
For products purchased for commercial, industrial, or rental usage, this warranty is limited to 90 days from the date of first purchase.
Limited Warranty: FMI PRODUCTS, LLC warrants factory-reconditioned products and any parts thereof to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 30 days from the date of first purchase from an authorized dealer provided the product has been installed, maintained, and operated in accordance with FMI PRODUCTS, LLC’s warnings and instructions.
Terms Common to All Warranties
The following terms apply to all of the above warranties:
Always specify the model number and serial number when contacting the manufacturer. To make a claim under this warranty the bill of sale or other proof of purchase must be presented.
This warranty is extended only to the original retail purchaser when purchased from an authorized dealer, and only when installed by a qualified installer in accordance with all local codes and instructions furnished with this product. This warranty covers the cost of the part(s) required to restore this product to proper operating condition and an allowance for labor when provided by an FMI PRODUCTS, LLC Authorized Service Center or a provider approved by FMI PRODUCTS, LLC. Warranty parts must be obtained through authorized dealers of this product and/or FMI PRODUCTS, LLC who will provide original factory replacement parts. Failure to use original factory replacement parts voids this warranty. Travel, handling, transportation, diagnostic, material, labor, and incidental costs associated with warranty repairs, unless expressly covered by this warranty, are not reimbursable under this warranty and are the responsibility of the owner. Excluded from this warranty are products or parts that fail or become damaged due to misuse, accidents, improper installation, lack of proper maintenance, tampering, or alteration(s).
This is FMI PRODUCTS, LLC’s exclusive warranty, and to the full extent allowed by law; this express warranty excludes any and all other warranties, express or implied, written or verbal, and limits the duration of any and all implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to one (1) years on new products and 30 days on factory-reconditioned products from the date of first purchase.
FMI PRODUCTS, LLC makes no other warranties regarding this product. FMI PRODUCTS, LLC’s liability is limited to the purchase price of the product, and FMI PRODUCTS, LLC shall not be liable for any other damages whatsoever under any circumstances including indirect, incidental, or consequential damages.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
For information about this warranty contact:
2701 S.Harbor Blvd.
Santa Ana, CA 92704