EZ-IP HD IR Dome Network Camera Dome Network Camera User Guide
Thank you for purchasing our network cameras. This user’s manual is designed to be a reference tool for using your product. Please read the following safeguards and warnings carefully before you use this series product. Please keep this user’s manual well for future reference.
Important Safeguards and Warnings
- All installation and operation should conform to your local electrical safety codes.
- The power source shall conform to the requirement of the Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) standard, and supply power with rated voltage which conforms to Limited power Source requirement according IEC60950-1. Please note that the power supply requirement is subject to the device label.
- Make sure the power supply is correct before operating the device.
- A readily accessible disconnect device shall be incorporated in the building installation wiring
- Prevent the power cable from being trampled or pressed, especially the plug, power socket and the junction extruded from the device.
- We assume no liability or responsibility for all the fires or electrical shock caused by Improper handling or installation.
- Do not aim the device at strong light to focus, such as lamp light and sun light, otherwise it might cause over brightness or light marks, which are not the device malfunction, and affect the longevity of Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS).
- Do not place the device in a damp or dusty environment, extremely hot or cold temperatures, or the locations with strong electromagnetic radiation or unstable lighting.
- Keep the camera away from water or other liquid to avoid damages to the internal components. Keep the indoor device away from rain or damp to avoid fire or lightning.
- Keep sound ventilation to avoid heat accumulation.
- Transport, use and store the device within the range of allowed humidity and temperature.
- Heavy stress, violent vibration or water splash are not allowed during transportation, storage and installation.
- Pack the device with standard factory packaging or the equivalent material when transporting the device.
- The device needs to be installed in the location where professional staff can cover (professionals need to know the attentions of using the device), non-professionals are not allowed to enter device installation area when the device is operating normally, which may cause accidental damage.
Operation and Daily Maintenance
- Do not directly touch the heat dissipation component of the device to avoid scald.
- Do not dismantle the device because there is no component that can be fixed by users themselves. Otherwise, it might cause water leakage or bad image due to unprofessional dismantling.
- Please contact after-sale service to replace desiccant when it becomes green. (The desiccant is not provided by default) It is recommended to use the device together with lightning arrester to improve lightning protection effect. It is recommended to get the grounding holes to be grounded to enhance the reliability of the device.
- Do not directly touch the optic component CMOS. You can use the air blower to blow away the dust or dirt on the lens surface. Please use a dry cloth wetted by alcohol to wipe away the dust gently if necessary.
- Use the dry soft cloth to clean the device. If the dust is difficult to be removed, please wipe it away with a clean cloth wetted slightly by the mild detergent, and then use the dry cloth to clean the device. Do not use volatile solvents like alcohol. benzene, thinner, or strong detergent with abrasiveness. otherwise it will damage the surface coating or reduce the working performance of the device.
- When installing or using the device, do not directly touch or wipe the surface of the dome cover because it is an optical device. If stained with dirt, use oil-free soft brush or air blower to gently wipe it away. If stained with grease or fingerprint, use soft cloth to gently wipe the water drop or oil and wait till it is dry, and then use oil-free cotton cloth or lens cleaning paper soaked with alcohol or detergent to wipe from the lens center outward till it is clean.
- We are not liable for any problems caused by unauthorized modification or attempted repair.
- The dome cover is a kind of optical component, please do not touch or wipe the cover surface during installation and application, it may stain dust, grease or fingerprint, you can use absorbent cotton to dip some diethyl ether or use soft cloth to dip some water and then wipe gently. You can also use air gun to remove the dust if the cover is stained with dust.
- Please strengthen the protection of network, device data and personal information, adopt necessary measures of guarantee device network security, including but not limited to using strong password, modifying password regularly, upgrading firmware to the latest version, isolating computer network and so on. For the IP camera firmware of some old version, the ONVIF password won’t be modified automatically after the main password of the system is modified. You need to upgrade the camera firmware or upgrade the ONVIF password manually.
- Please modify the default password after login to avoid being stolen.
- Use the standard components provided by manufacturer and make sure the device is installed and fixed by professional engineers.
- The surface of the image sensor should not be exposed to laser beam radiation in an environment where a laser beam device is used.
- Do not provide two or more power supply sources for the device; otherwise it might damage the device.
- This manual is for reference only. Please refer to the actual product for more details.
- Minor differences might be found in user interface, and there might be deviation between the actual value of some data and the value provided in the manual due to the reasons such as the real environment is not stable. Please refer to the final explanation of the company if there is any doubt or dispute. All the designs and software are subject to change without prior written notice. The manual will be regularly updated according to the product upgrade without prior announcement.
- Please contact the supplier or customer service if there is any problem occurred when using the device.
- Please contact the customer service for the latest procedure and supplementary documentation.
- Please visit our website or contact your local service engineer for more information.
- The company is not liable for any loss caused by the operation that does not comply with the manual.
- If there is any uncertainty or controversy, please refer to our final explanation.
- FCC conditions:
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation
- FCC compliance:
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference. This equipment generate, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communication. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- Please refer to the disk for more details, check and download the corresponding user’s manual and tool
- Before installation, please open the package and check all the components are included
- Contact your local retailer as soon as possible if something is broken in your package.
|Accessory Name||Amount||Accessory Name||Amount|
|Network Camera Unit||1||Installation Position Map||1|
|Quick Start Guide||1||Waterproof Connector||1|
Device External Cable
- The following figures are for reference only, which are used to know each structure component and cable port functions.
- There are differences about wire structure for some product models, please refer to the actual object for more details.
You can refer to Figure 1-1 for the external cable ports.
Please refer to table 1-1 for more details about cable port.
|1||Power input port||Connect to DC 12V, please be sure to power the device according to the instruction of device label.
|2||Network port||Connect to standard Ethernet cable support PoE power supply function
Some devices do not support PoE
Framework and Dimension
The following figure are for reference only , which are only used to know the device dimension. Please refer to Figure 1-2 for dimension information. The unit is mm (Inch).
Install SD Card (Optional)
- Please install SD card if the device is equipped with SD card slot and it needs to use SD card.
- Please cut off the device power before installing Micro SD card.
Use wrench to loosen the screw on the dome cover, open dome cover. Open protection cover and you can see SD card slot and reset button.
Open SD card slot, adjust the direction of SD card, install the SD card well, close the SD card slot and lock it firmly, which is shown in Figure 2-1.
Long press the reset button for 10 seconds with power on if the device needs to restore factory default setting.
- The following installation figure is for reference only; please refer to the figure according to the actual product.
- Before installation, please make sure the installation surface can at least support 3x weight of the camera.
Take out installation position map and stick it on the mounting surface according to monitoring area.
Dig expansion bolt bottom holes according to the hole sites with cross mark on the installation position map, insert the expansion bolts into the mounting holes and lock them firmly.
Adjust the location of the mounting pedestal; lead the cable into the cable exit hole which is on the mounting surface.
- It needs to dig a cable exit hole on the mounting surface according to the installation position map if users adopt bottom cabling when installing device.
- It needs to lead out the cable via U-shaped cable channel side exit on the dome pedestal if users adopt side cabling when installing device.
Make sure the ‘TOP” direction on the device is in accordance with that of the installation position map, align the screw hole on the device mounting pedestal with the mounting hole on the mounting surface, and then twist the self-tapping screws into the plastic expansion bolts and lock them firmly, finally fix the dome on the mounting surface.
Install Waterproof Connector (Optional)
The installation process of waterproof connector for network port is shown in Figure 2-3.
It needs to implement the operation when the device is equipped with waterproof connector and it is used outdoors.
Pull the network cable through waterproof fastening cover and waterproof connector successively, keep the convex groove outward and install the rubber ring onto the network port.
Insert the cable into the network port, rotate the waterproof connector clockwise to make it firmly locked with network port.
Lay the fastening rubber ring onto the cable between waterproof fastening cover and waterproof connection, and then stuff it into the main body of waterproof connector.
Cover the waterproof fastening cover on the main body of waterproof connector, rotate the waterproof fastening cover clockwise to make it firmly locked with main body of waterproof connector. So far, the installation has been completed.
Adjust Device Angle
Adjust Monitoring Direction
Hold the rotation bracket on both sides, turn the rotation bracket horizontally, and adjust the lens direction horizontally to the targeted position.
Hold the module dome body and make the lens rotate vertically. Adjust the lens monitor ng image vertically to proper monitoring angle.
Hold the LED light cover and adjust image angle .
- Range o f adjusting lens angle : vertical(0 ‘-+ 7 5 ‘), horizontal(O’-+355′ ),image rotation direction(O’-+355′).
- Please be aware of the image rotation direction when it rotates the lens vertically, which is to avoid outer cover blocking IR light and affect the IR result.
Fix Outer Cover
Take up the dome protection enclosure, align it with the screw hole site of the pedestal and then install the enclosure back to place.
Use wrench to lighten the mounting screw and then installation is completed.
- Dome enclosure is related to waterproof function, make sure i t is firmly tightened after adjustment.
- Please make sure the torsion is less than 7kgf .cm when using electric tool to fasten screws, which is to avoid damaging firm structure.
You can initialize Che device and modify IP address via “Quick Configuration Tool” you can also initialize device and modify IP address on Che WEB interface. Please refer to the WEB Operation Manual in Che disk for more details.
- It needs to implement initialization if it is the first time use device or the device is restored to factory default Only some device support initialization function.
- It can implement initialization only when the device IP address (192.168.1.108by default) and Che IP address of PC are in the same network segment.
- In order to make the camera have access to network smoothly, please plan available IP segment according to the actual network environment.
- The following figures are for reference only; different models may have different interfaces.
Double click “ConfigTool.exe” and open quick config tool.
Click to enter the interface where you can modify IP address.
Click Search Setting,the system will display Che Setting dialog box.
Set the device network segment,and then click OK. The system will display the searched devices after searching completes.
Select the devices which have not been initialized, click Initialization. The system will display the list of Che devices which have not been initialized.
Select Che devices which need initialization and click Initialization.The system will display Che interface of Device Initialization,which is shown in Figure 3-1.
Set new password and confirm password, select Email Address,input email address and click Initialization. The system will display the interface of auto test.
The password can be set as 8 to 32 characters; it can be a combination of number(s), letter(s) and symbol(s) with at least two kinds of them (excluding “”‘””,””””””,””;””,””:””,””&””). Please set password with high security according to the password strong and weak prompt.
Select auto test and other functions according to the actual requirement, click “”OK”” and the system begins to initialize the device.
means initialization succeeded; means initialization failed. Click the icon to check more details.
Click OK to complete device initialization.
Modify IP Address
Refer to Step 1 to step 4 in chapter 3.1 Device Initialization and search the device.
The user name and password of “SearchSetting” need to be in accordance with those of device initialization; otherwise it may prompt password error when modifying IP address.
Select the device whose IP needs to be modified, click The system will pop out the dialog box of Modify IP,which is shown in Figure 3-2.Address, which is shown in Figure 3-2.
Set the mode as Static,and enter the planned start IP,subnet mask and gateway.
- Set the mode as DHCP when there is DHCP server in the network,the device will automatically acquire IP address from the DHCP server.
- Select Same IP and it will set the selected device the same IP address
Click OK to complete modification of device IP address.
Login WEB Interface
Open IE browser,enter the modified camera IP address into the address bar and then press Enter button. Please operate according to the interface prompt if the interface displays guide of Software License Agreement and Online Upgrade.
Enter username and password, click Login.
For the first login, click Click Here to Download Plug-in, install controls according to system prompt. The main interface will be shown in Figure 3-3 after control installation is completed.
Zhejiang Dahua Vision Technology Co., Ltd
Address: No.1199 Bin an Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou, PRC.
Email: [email protected] .com