MEAN WELL NPB-450 Series 450W High Reliable Ultra Wide Output Range Intelligent Battery Charger User Manual
- Patented auto ranging with ultra-wide charging voltage (10.5~21V,21~42V,42~80V, 54~100V; Please refer to page 8 for setting)
- Built-in CANBus protocol for control, setting and monitoring
- Programmable 2/3 stage and charging curve via SBP-001
- Manual setting for 2/3 stage and 4 built-in charging curves via DIP S.W
- Múltiples protecciones:
Short circuit / Over voltage / Over temperature/ Battery under voltage/ Battery reverse polarity (No damage)
- Charger OK and Battery Full signal
- Temperature compensation function to prolong battery life (Lead-acid only)
- -30°C~+70°C wide operating temperature
- Thermal controlled DC fan for noise reduction
- Remoto control ON / OFF
- Smart programmer available (Order NO.: SBP-001, sold separately)
- Carry handle accessory available(Order NO.: DS-Carry handle, sold separately)
- Comply with 62368-1 + 60335-1/-2-29 dual certification
- Suitable for lead-acid (Pb) and li-ion batteries
- 3 años de garantía
- E-Bike, E-Scooter, Camping car, Bus, Specialty vehicles
- Robotic lawn mower
- Washing robot
- Recreation craft, Personal yacht or workboat
- Sistema de vigilancia
- Telecommunication base station
- Radio system backup solution
- Equipments or instruments with backup battery
NPB-450 is a miniaturized, versatile, and ultra-wide voltage intelligent charger. It utilizes a fully digital control design with patented automatic battery voltage detection technology, with five key features including intelligent, versatile, user friendly, safe, and compact. The series have four models with output voltage ranges of 10.5~21V, 21~42V, 42~80V, and 54~100V respectively. The charging voltage range of each model is wide enough to cover a variety of different battery voltages and battery chemistries, and there is a built-in intelligent voltage detection charging mode (Note this mode is set to OFF by factory default and is suitable for lithium batteries with BMS only). The NPB-450 can pair with MEAN WELL’s SBP-001 programmer for digital configuration, such as select 2/3 stage charging, adjust charging voltage/current, and set charging cycle time to protect battery lifetime. Through the user-friendly DIP S.W. on front panel, user may also directly adjust the 2/3 stage charging, current (50~100%), and select between the 4 types of preset charging curves. In addition, a CANBus communication protocol is built in to meet professional applications, which allows remote controlling and monitoring for the status of the charger. In terms of safety, it has intelligent detection for proper battery voltage and connection as well as protection from reverse polarity. It passes ITE IC/EN/UL62368-1 and household appliances EN60335-1/-2-29 dual safety and 3-year warranty to guarantee reliable operation. The NPB-450 is truly an intelligent, safe, and reliable universal charger with outstanding cost performance.
Codificación de modelo
Diagrama de bloques
PFC fosc : 80KHz
PWM fosc : 60KHz
Curva de reducción
Manual de funciones
1. Ajuste manual
1.1 2 or 3-stage selectable via DIP S.W on panel
1.2 Charging curve can be adjustable via DIP S.W on panel
- The default curve is programmable, whereas other pre-defined curves can be activated by the means of the DIP S.W; This series provides 2 or 3 stage charging curve please refer to the table below and the Mechanical Specification.
2. Programmable charging curve
Charging Curve can be set via SBP-001 with computer
Configuración de hardware
Connect to software for setting
※ Función Descriptiva:
SBP-001 is a programmer, particularly for MEAN WELL’s various programmable battery charger models to program the parameters of charging curves, such as the 2 or 3 stage selectable, Constant current (CC), tapper current(TC), Constant voltage (CV), float voltage (FV),Charging time out and so on, to accommodate the diversified battery specification in industry. With the design accounting for simplicity and convenience, users can easily configure MEAN WELL’s programmable battery chargers with SBP-001 programmer and the computer; all of the setups are able to be finished easily by the means of the specific software.
Note:(1) Tapper current(TC) default is 10%, can be fine tuned from 2% to 30% by SBP-001 with computer or CANBus Interface.
(2) Please contact MEAN WELL for more details.
※ Software Interface:
3. Auto Ranging for Charging (Default non-Auto ranging)
※ Function Description:
a. NPB-450 has built-in auto ranging mode.
(Note this mode is set to OFF by factory default and is suitable for lithium batteries with BMS only)
b. When operating in auto ranging mode , NPB-450 will automatically detect the voltage of battery that is connected and adjust charging voltage accordingly. It will not start charging unit appropriate battery voltage es detectado.
c. While under auto ranging mode, NPB-450’s built-in MCU will adjust charging voltage. There is no potentiometer for voltage adjustment on the front panel.
d. While under auto ranging mode, the charging current can be adjusted between 50~100%. (The charging current can not be adjusted via potentiometer while not operating in auto ranging mode)
※ When using the auto ranging charging curve function, please pay attention to the following:
- Default factory setting is OFF via DC output side DIP S.W, Follow steps A1~A6 below to enable the setting.
- Auto ranging function should use together with Lithium batteries and BMS (Battery Management System).
- Do not exceed the output voltage and current ranges as specified in the NPB-450 specifications (please refer to page 2).
※ Auto Ranging function by DIP S.W Setting
※ Back to non-auto ranging as following:
4. Auto Derating function
※ Covered by over temperature protection, auto de-rating function works under operation either in charging curve (2 or 3 stage) or under control by communication protocol(CANBus).
T1(Typ.): Maximum ambient temperature of 100% output current.
5. CANBus communication interface
CANBus 2.0B version, Can control, setting and monitoring that including output charging voltage, output charging current, internal temperature and DC output ON/OFF……and so on, please refer to the manual de usuario para más información.
6. Charger OK Signal
Charger OK signal is a TTL level signal.
The maximum sourcing current is 10mA.
7. Battery Full Signal
Battery full signal is a TTL level signal.
The maximum sourcing current is 10mA.
8. Remote ON-OFF Control
The NPB-450 can be turned ON/OFF by using the “Remote Control” function.
※ The charger is shipped, by factory default, with Remote ON-OFF(pin 7) and +12Vaux (pin 8) shorted by connector.
9. Temperature compensation (3 stagsolo e)
Temperature compensation function to prolong battery life for lead-acid batteries. Temperature compensation range is 0 ~ 40℃.
The battery temperature sensor comes along with the charger can be connected to the unit to allow temperature compensation of the charging voltage.
If the sensor is not used, the charger works normally.
10. DC Output Side LED Indicators & Corresponding Signal at Function Pins
※ Intelligent Battery Charger model
※ DIP S.W
※ Control Pin No. Assignment : HRS DF11-14DS or equivalent
※ LED Status Table
※ Connector Pin No. Assignment : HRS DF11-14DS or equivalent
Note1: Non-isolated signal, referenced to [GND(signal)].
Note2: Isolated signal, referenced to GND-AUX
Lista de accesorios
※ NTC Sensor and Remote Control mating along with NPB-450 (Standard accessory)
※ Carry handle (Optional accessory, battery charger and pull handle should be ordered seperately)
Manual de instalación
Por favor refiérase a : http://www.meanwell.com/manual.html
Documentos / Recursos
|MEAN WELL NPB-450 Series 450W High Reliable Ultra Wide Output Range Intelligent Battery Charger [pdf] Manual de instrucciones|
NPB-450 Series, 450W High Reliable Ultra Wide Output Range Intelligent Battery Charger, NPB-450 Series 450W High Reliable Ultra Wide Output Range Intelligent Battery Charger