DeRoyal Shoulder PAD III Abduction Sling Device
Solo para uso de un solo paciente
Please read all instructions, warnings, and precautions before use. Correct application is essential for the proper functioning of the product. Use only on the person it was provided to by a healthcare professional and only for the use, it was intended.
The DeRoyal® Shoulder Pad III is for surgical rotator cuff repairs, anterior glenohumeral capsular reconstruction, dislocation/subluxation of G-H joint, S/P glenohumeral acromioplasty, Bankart repairs, soft tissue repairs, and shoulder sprains and strains.
This product is to be fitted by a physician (or properly licensed practitioner) who is familiar with] the purpose for which it is intended. The physician or practitioner is responsible for providing wearing instructions and precautions to other healthcare practitioners or healthcare providers involved in the patient’s care as well as the patient. Consult your physician (or properly licensed practitioner) immediately if you experience sensation changes, unusual reactions, swelling or increased pain while using this product. Follow the instructions of your physician (or properly licensed practitioner) for the length and duration of use.
INSTRUCCIONES DE USO
- The brace is initially configured to fit the patient’s right shoulder. To configure for the left shoulder, release both buckles at the forearm cuff. Rotate the sling and shoulder strap 180 degrees and reattach both buckles.
- NOTA: Ensure the front shoulder strap is not twisted before reattaching the buckles.
- Release the front buckle clasp on the shoulder strap where the strap attaches to the forearm cuff on the sling.
- Remove the thumb and forearm straps to completely open the sling.
- Place the affected arm in sling so it rests comfortably in the fold of the sling. Ensure the patient’s elbow is seated as far back in the folded pocket of the sling as possible. The sling should extend to the first joint of the pinky finger. NOTE: Ensure all open wounds are covered before applying the device.
- Sling length can be adjusted by removing the forearm cuff and securing in desired position.
- Nota: Attach forearm cuff towards elbow pocket to make sling shorter and away from elbow pocket to make it longer.
- Reattach the front buckle on the shoulder strap to the receiving buckle attachment located on the forearm cuff of the sling. Reattach the forearm and thumb straps on the sling. Nota: If desired, rest the thumb on an adjustable thumb strap for additional comfort.
- Shoulder strap length can be adjusted at both ends of the strap. To adjust the front of the shoulder strap, remove the Y-tab, trim strap todesired length and reapply Y-tab. To adjust the back of the shoulder strap, simply release the hook strap and reattach at the desired length. NOTA: The shoulder pad should be positioned evenly over the non-affected shoulder for comfort.
- Align the foam block at waistline on the patient’s affected side. Attach arm sling to the foam block by securing hook and loop portions together.
- Detach the buckle at end of the foam block. Place waist strap around patient’s waist and fasten buckle. To adjust the strap length, pull the waist strap for a secure fit. Attach Y-tab hook end back onto the strap. Nota: If strap is too long, remove Y-tab and trim the strap to desired, length. The position of the foam block may be adjusted by sliding the block forward or backward along the waistline to achieve the desired external or internal rotation. If the foam block can be pushed downward with pressure, the waist strap should be tightened. A stress ball is included to promote proper circulation and encourage exercise.
INSTRUCCIONES DE CUIDADO
- Hand washes arm sling and foam block cover in lukewarm water and air dry.
DEROYAL PRODUCTS ARE WARRANTED FOR NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF SHIPMENT FROM DEROYAL AS TO PRODUCT QUALITY AND WORKMANSHIP. DEROYAL’S WRITTEN WARRANTIES ARE GIVEN IN LIEU OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Scan code for more product information or visit http://www.deroyal.com/videos/shoulderpadiii
Improving Care. Improving Business.
Manufactured by DeRoyal Industries, Inc.
©2012 DeRoyal Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Part#0-1864 Revised 1/13
Documentos / Recursos
|DeRoyal Shoulder PAD III Abduction Sling Device [pdf] Manual de instrucciones|
Shoulder PAD III, Abduction Sling Device, Shoulder PAD III Abduction Sling Device