ENS XVR501H Digital Video Recorder User Guide
Thank you for purchasing our Digital Video Recorder (DVR).
This Quick Start Guide (hereinafter referred to be “the Guide”) will help you become familiar with our DVR in a short time. Please read the Guide carefully before starting using your DVR and properly keep it for future reference.
Important Safeguards and Warnings
- Do not place or install the Device in a place exposed to sunlight or near the heat source.
- Keep the Device away from dampness, dust or soot.
- Keep the Device installed horizontally on the stable place to prevent it from falling.
- Wall-mounting is not supported.
- Do not drop or splash liquid onto the Device, and make sure there is no object filled with liquid on the Device to prevent liquid from flowing into the Device.
- Install the Device in a well-ventilated place, and do not block the ventilation of the Device.
- Operate the device within the rated range of power input and output.
- Do not dissemble the Device.
- Transport, use and store the Device under the allowed humidity and temperature conditions.
- Use the battery of specified manufacturer; otherwise there might result in explosion. When replacing battery, make sure the same type is used. Improper battery use might result in fire, explosion, or inflammation.
- Follow the instructions to dispose of the used battery.
- Use the recommended power cables in the region and conform to the rated power specification.
- Use the power adapter provided with the Device; otherwise, it might result in people injury and device damage.
- The power source shall conform to the requirement of the Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) standard, and supply power with rated voltage which conforms to Limited power Source requirement according to IEC60950-1. Please note that the power supply requirement is subject to the device label.
- Connect the device (I-type structure) to the power socket with protective earthling.
- The appliance coupler is a disconnection device. When using the coupler, keep the angle for easy operation.
The following categorized signal words with defined meaning might appear in the Guide.
|Caution||Indicates a potential risk which, if not avoided, could result in property damage, data loss, lower performance, or unpredictable result.|
|Note||Provides additional information as the emphasis and supplement to the text.|
Privacy Protection Notice
As the device user or data controller, you might collect personal data of others’ such as face, fingerprints, car plate number, Email address, phone number, GPS and so on. You need to be in compliance with the local privacy protection laws and regulations to protect the legitimate rights and interests of other people by implementing measures include but not limited to: providing clear and visible identification to inform data subject the existence of surveillance area and providing related contact.
About the Guide
- The Manual is for reference only. If there is inconsistency between the Guide and the actual product, the actual product shall prevail.
- We are not liable for any loss caused by the operations that do not comply with the Guide.
- The Guide would be updated according to the latest laws and regulations of related regions. For detailed information, see the paper User’s Manual, CD-ROM, QR code or our official website. If there is inconsistency between paper User’s Manual and the electronic version, the electronic version shall prevail.
- All the designs and software are subject to change without prior written notice. The product updates might cause some differences between the actual product and the Guide. Please contact the customer service for the latest program and supplementary documentation.
- There still might be deviation in technical data, functions and operations description, or errors in print. If there is any doubt or dispute, please refer to our final explanation.
- Upgrade the reader software or try other mainstream reader software if the Guide (in PDF format) cannot be opened.
- All trademarks, registered trademarks and the company names in the Guide are the properties of their respective owners.
- Please visit our website, contact the supplier or customer service if there is any problem occurred when using the device.
- If there is any uncertainty or controversy, please refer to our final explanation.
The actual appearance or quantity might be different depending on the model you purchased.
Unpacking the Accessories
Checking the Components
When you receive the DVR, please check against the following checking list. If any of the items are missing or damaged, contact the local retailer or after-sales engineer immediately.
|1||Package||Appearance||No obvious damage.|
|Packing materials||No broken or distorted positions that could be caused by hit.|
|2||Labels||Labels on the device||Not torn up.
Do not tear up or throw away the labels; otherwise the warranty services are not ensured. You need to provide the serial number of the product when calling the after-sales service.
|3||Device||Appearance||No obvious damage.|
|Data cables, power cables, fan cables, and mainboard||No loose connection.|
Installing Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Please use the recommended HDD from the manufacturer.
- Shut down the DVR and unplug the power cable before opening the cover to replace the HDD
- Remove the screws to take off the cover.
- Fix the screws on the HDD but do not fasten them.
- Put the HDD onto the DVR.
- Turn the DVR to see the back side of it. Aim the screws of the HDD at the holes on the back of the DVR, and then fasten the screws.
- Use the HDD cable and power cable to connect HDD and mainboard.
- Put back the cover and fasten the screws.
Ensure the input voltage corresponds to the power requirement of the DVR.
- Connect the DVR to a display.
- Plug in the power cable to the DVR.
- Press the power button to turn on the DVR. The power indicator glows. On the connected display, the live view screen is displayed.
The Grand Tour for Rear Panel
The following figure shows the rear panel of model with 4 video input ports (as an example). Rear panel
Table 2-1 Port description
|Port Name||No.||Port Name||No.||Port Name|
|1||Video input port||5||Network port||9||
Power input port
|Audio input port||6||RS485 communication port||10||Power button|
|3||Audio output port||7||USB port||11||
|HDMI port||8||VGA port||12||
Power cable fastener
- The interfaces in the Guide are used for introducing the operations and only for reference.
The actual product shall govern.
- For details about operations of the DVR, see User’s Manual.
- To enter the Main Menu, right-click on the live view screen to display the shortcut menu, and then click Main Menu and login the system.
When booting up for the first time, the Device Initialization interface is displayed, see Figure
3-1. You need to configure the password information for the admin (by default). If needed, you
can also configure the unlock pattern and password protection mode (see Table 3-1).
- The new password can be set from 8 characters through 32 characters and contains at least two types from number, letter and special characters (excluding”‘”, “””, “;”, “:” and “&”). Please enter a strong password according to the password strength bar indication.
- To secure your DVR, it is strongly recommended to properly keep the password for admin and modify it periodically.
Figure 3-1 Device initialization
|Password Protection Mode||Description|
|Email Address||In the Email Address box, enter an email address for password reset. In case you forgot password, enter the security code that you will get from this reserved email address to reset the password of admin.|
|Security Questions||Configure the security questions and answers. In case you forgot password, enter the answers to the questions can make you reset the password.|
If you want to configure the email or security questions function later or you want to change the configurations, select Main Menu > ACCOUNT > USER.
Configuring Recording Storage Schedule
Select Main Menu > STORAGE > SCHEDULE > Record, the Record interface is displayed, see Figure 3-2.
The default setting is 24 hours recording for all channels. You can modify the settings if needed.
Figure 3-2 Record storage configuration
Playing Recorded Video
Select Main Menu > VIDEO, the video search interface is displayed. See Figure 3-3. You can view, search, and play back the recorded video.
Figure 3-3 Recorded video
Configuring P2P Settings
You can add the DVR into your cell phone client or the platform to manage. For details, please refer to the P2P operation manual.
Make sure the DVR is connected into the Internet, and if yes, in the Status box of the P2P interface, it shows Online.
Entering P2P Interface
- Select Main Menu > NETWORK > P2P, the P2P interface is displayed. See Figure 3-4.
Figure 3-4 P2P interface
- Enable the P2P function.
- Click Apply. You can start adding the DVR into Cell Phone Client or the platform
Adding DVR into Cell Phone Client
To use P2P function, take adding wired device into Cell Phone Client as an example.
- Use your cell phone to scan the QR code under Cell Phone Client to download the application.
- Open the application and tap the menu is displayed.
- Tap Device Manager > >Add Device, the Add Device interface is displayed. See Figure 3-5.
- Tap P2P, enter a name for the DVR, the username and password, scan the QR code under Device SN, and then tap Start Live Preview. The DVR is added and displayed on the live view interface of the cell phone. See Figure 3-6.
Figure 3-5 Add device
Figure 3-6 Live view
On the top right of the Main Menu interface or any interface after you have entered the Main Menu, click .
- Select Logout, you will log out the DVR.
- Select Reboot, the DVR will be rebooted.
- Select Shutdown, the DVR will be turned off.
You can also press the power button on the DVR to turn it off.
Open the browser, enter the IP address of the DVR, and then press Enter key. The Login in dialog box is displayed. See Figure 4-1. Properly enter the user name and password to login the web. For details, see User’s Manual.
Figure 4-1 Login
- Device initialization is required at the first login.
- The default administrator account is admin. The password is the one that was configured during initializing settings. To security your account, it is recommended to keep the password properly and change it periodically.
- You can select the protocol type as TCP, UDP, or MULTICAST depending on the networking structure. The default is TCP.
- If you forgot the password, click Forgot Password to reset the password.
- When entering the Live interface for the first time, follow the onscreen instructions “Please install plugins first!” to install the plugins.
Documents / Resources
|ENS XVR501H Digital Video Recorder [pdf] User Guide|
XVR501H Digital Video Recorder, XVR501H, Digital Video Recorder
- AffordableLaundry.com is for sale | HugeDomains
- ENS Security Camera is a Distributor Manufacturer surveillance supplier