ENS ED-A300 Mini NVMS Server Network Video Recorder User Guide
Front & Rear Panel Interfaces
|Number ||Description ||Number ||Description |
|1 ||USB3.0 *2 ||7 ||Power button LED |
|2 ||Ethernet port LAN ||8 ||USB3.0 *1 |
|3 ||USB2.0 *2 ||9 ||USB3.0 *1 |
|4 ||HDMI output ||10 ||Audio Input |
|5 ||VGA output ||11 ||Audio Output |
|6 ||DC power supply || || |
Default System Settings
The default network settings are as follows:
The default IP address:192.168.0.10 the default HTTP port: 8000
Web client login: http://192.168.0.10:8000
The default username: admin the default password: 123456
Web Client Login and Network Settings
The network settings of this server can be configured through web browser. It is recommended to use IE9 or above, Firefox 51or lower or Google Chrome44 or lower or Opera35 or lower.
Make sure the IP address of the computer is in the same local area network with this server before accessing it, or you will have to modify the IP address of the computer. For instance, change the computer’s IP address to 192.168.0.100 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1. Enter http://192.168.0.100:8000 in the IE address bar and then press enter to go to the login interface as shown below.
Enter the username admin and password 123456 and then click “Login” button to go to the main interface.
Local Network Settings
After powering on your device and connecting it to the network, you can go to Home →Local Configuration → Network Config interface to set the network parameters.
Before starting, please make sure network cable, monitor and power are connected. After the server is started, the following window will appear as shown below.
- Enter username and password (the default username is admin; the default password is 123456).
- Check “Remember Password” or “Auto Login” as needed.
- Click [Login].
If you forget the password, please click “Reset password”. Then a small window will appear. You can reset the password by answering the pre-defined questions.
If this is the first time for you to log in, it is recommended to set the security questions/answers.
In the home interface, click “Add, Edit or Delete Device” to go to the following interface.
Then click “Add” to add devices. You can add multiply devices in this interface, such as face detection IPC, face recognition IPC/NVR/box, face recognition terminal, perimeter alert IPC, ANPR camera, etc.
Click [Refresh] to quickly search devices in the same local network as shown below. Check the device and select the transfer server, storage server, area for it. After that, click [OK]. Click [Create Area] to quickly create the area.
- Enter IP address/IP range/domain name/URL, username and password and choose protocol type.
- Click [Test] to test whether the device is connected successfully or not.
- Select transfer server, storage server and area and then click [OK].
Click Home → Live View to go to the following interface.
|No. ||Description ||No. ||Description |
|1 ||Screen display mode ||6 ||Show the smart event detection area |
|2 ||Full screen ||7 ||Close all preview |
|3 ||Enable/disable OSD ||8 ||Save the current view mode |
|4 ||Enable/disable broadcast ||9 ||Image export |
|5 ||Manual alarm output ||10 ||Choose the camera stream |
Toolbar on the display window:
|Button ||Description ||Button ||Description |
| ||Close image || ||3D zoom in |
| ||Start/stop recording || ||Zoom in |
| ||Enable/disable audio || ||Zoom out |
| ||Snapshot || ||Fit to window |
| ||PTZ control || ||Enable/disable talkback |
| ||Device setting || || |
If it is the first use of face surveillance function, please configure it in the following order
Create and edit object library by going to Home → Object Library.
- Add object libraries
Right click the intelligent analysis server to select “Add” to add an object library
Please enter the library name and select the protocol type.
If face recognition camera/NVR/terminal is selected, please select the corresponding device and click to add the device. Then this library and its targets will be added to the face database of the added device.
Check “Synchronize” and then you can add or delete devices. If adding a device, all targets in this library will be copied to this device. If deleting the added device, all targets of this library will be cleared from this device.
Right click the added library and then a drop-down list will display.
Click “Copy to” to copy the current library (A) and its targets to another library (B) and create library (B). If “Copy to” face recognition NVR/IPC/ terminal is selected, the current library (A) and its targets will be added to the face database of the above mentioned device.
- Add Targets
Select this object library and then click “Add Target”, “Add Multiple Targets” or “Import From Folder” to add targets.
Add Target: Click it to add a target.
Add Multiple Targets: Click it to add multiple targets at a time.
Import from folder:
Folder & Subfolders: After clicking [Import from Folder] and choosing “Folder & Subfolders”, choose a folder including multiple subfolders and then all pictures in the folder and its subfolders will be imported.
Current Folder: After clicking [Import from Folder] and choosing “Current Folder”, choose a folder including multiple subfolders and pictures. Then pictures in the folder will be imported, but pictures in the subfolders will not be imported.
Configure Face Capture and Match Types
- Click Home → Face Surveillance → Configuration → Task to go to the following interface.
- Select the camera and its face capture source.
Face Capture by IPC: The default face capture source. If the selected camera is a face detection IPC, please select it (it shall work with face recognition NVR).
Face Match by IPC: If the selected camera is a face recognition IPC, please select it.
- Select the schedule.
- Select the face match type. Select the IPC, click and then double click the library that links the face database of IPC/NVR. Make sure this IPC/NVR supports face match function. Then select the alarm type. Finally, click [OK] to save the settings.
Click Face Surveillance → Real-Time View to go to the following interface. Drag the face detection IPC to the window to view. The face capture picture will be shown under the window as shown below. The face match result also can be shown on the right. In this interface it supports 1/4/9/16 screen display mode.
Double click the face match result to view the match details.
Click the button on the top left corner of the captured face picture to add the face picture to the library quickly; click the button to enter the Search by Face interface quickly.
Search by Face
If it is the first use of Search by Face function, please configure it in the following order.
- Set the schedule and make sure all channels can be recorded normally.
- Select the picture. Then set the start and the end time, maximum count and similarity. Finally, click “Search” to search the pictures.
- Search tracks
Select cameras, set similarity and the maximum number and then search the tracks.
Click to play the record.
4. E-Map Track View
- Create an E-map. You can create or delete an E-map in this interface. The hot spot can be added to the E-map too.
- Search the track
Click [Play Track Line] to play track line.
Click [Playback by Tracks] to play back records
Before using this function, please click Resource Management → Add, Edit or Delete Device → Encoding Device → Add to add a face recognition terminal.
- Create a library. Go to the Staff Management interface (click Home → Face Attendance → Staff Management) and then right click the intelligent server to add a library. Protocol Type: please select FR Terminal.
- Add Targets. The staff information can be added to the library by clicking [Add Target], [Add Multiple Targets] or [Import From Folder].
- Task Settings. Click the “Task” tab to select the schedule, face capture type and face match type.
The alarm type: matched or unmatched can be optional.
If “Matched” is enabled, a) when the captured face picture is successfully matched, this match result and its alarm information will be pushed to the server; b) when the captured face picture is unsuccessfully matched, this failure match result and its alarm information will not be pushed to the server.
If “Unmatched” is enabled,
a) when the captured face picture is successfully matched, this result will be pushed to the server, but the alarm information will not be received by it.
b) when the captured face picture is unsuccessfully matched, the unmatched alarm information will be received by the server, but this failure match result will be not pushed to the server .
If the schedule is not set, the match result will not be pushed.
- Working Day Settings. Click Face Attendance
Working Day Setting to enter the working day setting interface. Please set the working day and working time as needed.
- View the attendance records. When the captured face picture is successfully matched by the face recognition terminal, you will see the matched information on the screen. This management server will create its attendance information which can be searched.
- Click Home → Face Greeting → VIP Management to enter the VIP Management interface. Create an object library and add targets for this library (See 6.1 Object Library for details).
- Select the schedule, face capture type and face match type in the Task interface.
- Search the face greeting records. Click “VIP Search” tab as shown below.
Parking Lot Management
Before using this function, please click Resource Management → Add, Edit or Delete Device → Encoding Device → Add to add ANPR cameras.
- System Settings
- Enable the parking lot. Go to Home → Parking Lot Management → System menu as shown below.
Select Entrances Config tab and then click the main park. Enable this main parking lot, its sub parking lot and gateway and lane.
- Bind the ANPR cameras. Please bind the ANPR cameras to the activated lane. Choose the ANPR camera and then click to add it. Click [Apply] to bind this camera to the lane. Choose the ANPR camera and then click to unbind
- Bind LED Screen. Please go to Home → Resource Management → LED Display Device interface to add a LED screen first.
- Set the corresponding lane of the monitoring window.
- Set the delay time of closing the gate barrier. For example, it is set to 15s. Then the gate barrier will be automatically closed after it is opened for 15s. If “Temporary Vehicle” is checked, the gate barrier will be automatically opened when temporary vehicles and non-blacklist vehicles pass the ANPR camera.
- Vehicle Management
- Link vehicles to the parking lot. Go to the vehicle management interface. Click [Add] and then enter the vehicle information
After the vehicle information is added, click this vehicle and then its detailed information will be shown on the right. In this interface, you can renew your vehicle, including 1-month renewal, 3-month renewal, 6-month renewal and 12-month renewal.
After configuring the ANPR camera binding, allocating the corresponding lanes of vehicle monitoring and adding vehicles to vehicle list, the captured vehicle picture and its detailed information will display on the following interface when the vehicle passes the ANPR camera beside the lane and its license plate number is captured and recoginzed accurately by ANPR cameras.
If the vehicle passing the lane is neither added to the linked vehicle list nor added to the blacklist and “Temporary Vehicle” in the automatic pass rule is not selected, this vehicle will not be allowed to pass automatically. You must click [Open Barrier] manually to let it go.
- You can upgrade the server when there is a new software version. Get the upgrade software from you dealer.
- Open the web browser and enter the IP address and the HTTP port of the server (the default HTTP port is 8000).
- Enter the login user name and password to log in the web client of the server (the default username is admin; the default password is 123456).
- Click “System Maintenance” → “Device Upgrade” to go to the interface as shown blow. Click “Browse” button to select the upgrade file and then click “Upgrade” button to start upgrading.
Documents / Resources