EMILIA Cooker Hood Installation Guide
If you follow the recommendations contained in th is Instruction Manual, our appliance will give you constant high performance and will remain efficient for many years to come.
Product Specification & Technical Parameters
|Rated Power Frequency||SOHz||SOHz|
|Diameter of Outlet Adapter||120mm||120mm|
RECOMMENDATIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
- The manufacturer will not be held liable for any damages resulting from incorrect or improper installation.
- Please read this instruction manual before installing and using this range hood. Please keep this instruction manual in a safe place for future reference.
- Only a qualified and trained service technician can undertake the work of insta llation and servicing.
- Check that the main voltage corresponds to the one indicated on the rating plate fixed inside the hood.
- Do not connect the hood to exhaust ducts carrying combustion fumes (boilers, fireplaces, etc.)
- If the hood is used in conjunction with non-electrical appliances (e.g. gas burning appliances), a sufficient degree of ventilation must be guaranteed in the room in order to prevent the backflow of exhaust gas. The kitchen must have an opening directly with the open air in order to guarantee the entry of clean air.
- The minimum distance is 750mm from the range hood to a gas hob, and is 650mm to an electric hob. If the installation instructions for gas hobs specify a greater distance, this must be taken into account.
NOTICE: Two or more people are required to install or move this appliance. Failure to do so can cause physical injuries.
- The range hood has been designed only for domestic use to eliminate kitchen fumes.
- Never use the hood for purposes other than what it has been designed for. * Never leave high naked flames under the hood when it is in operation. * Adjust the flame intensity to direct it onto the bottom of the
pan only; making sure that it does not engulf the pan sides.
- Deep fryer fat must be continuously monitored during use: overheated oil can burst into flame.
- The hood should not be used by children or persons not instructed in its correct use.
- Proper maintenance of the range hood will assure proper performance of the unit.
- Disconnect the hood from the main supply before carrying out any maintenance work.
- Clean and/or replace aluminum grease filters after specified period of time.
- Clean the hood using a damp cloth and a neutral liquid detergent.
- DISPOSAL: Do not dispose this product as unsorted municipal waste. Collection of such waste separately for special treatment is necessary
In certain circumstances electrical appliances may be a danger hazard.
- Do not check the status of the filters while the range hood is operating.
- Do not touch the light bulbs after appliance use.
- Do not disconnect the appliance with wet hands.
- Avoid free flame, as it is damaging for the filters and a fire hazard.
- Constantly check food frying. Overheated oil may become a fire hazard.
- Disconnect the electrical plug prior to any maintenance.
- Children don’t recognize the risks of electrical appliances. Therefore use or keep the appliance only under supervision of adults and out of the reach from children .
- Don’t use this product outdoors.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (includ ing children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction, concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- There shall be adequate ventilation of the room when the range hood is used at the same time as appliances burning gas or other fuels.
- There is a fire risk if cleaning is not carried out in accordance with instructions.
INSTALLATION & USE
Ducting or circulation
The hood draws the cooking fumes saturated with fumes and odor, through the grease filters and expels it to the outside through an outlet pipe, or circulates it back into the kitchen through carbon filters.
Caution: To reduce the risk of fire, the use of metal ductwork is preferred. Do not use flammable material to convey exhaust air.
- Decide where the ductwork will run between the hood and the outside.
- A straight , short duct run will allow the hood to perform most efficiently.
- Long duct runs, elbows, and transitions will reduce the performance of the hood. Use as few of them as possible. Larger ducting may be required for best performance with longer duct runs.
- The air must not be discharged into a flue that is used for exhausting fumes from appliances burning gas or other fuels Regulations concerning the discharge of air have to be followed. Check with the local authority and building codes for exhaust ducting requirements.
- Install a roof/wall cap. Connect round metal ductwork to cap and work back towards hood location.
- Electrical wiring must be done by a qualified person(s) in accordance with all applicable codes and standards. Turn off electrical power at service
entrance before wiring.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not use the plug and an extension cord other than the ones initially supplied with the hood.
Before beginning installation, to better handle the hood, we advise removing the aluminum filter. Before fixing, the outlet exhaust duct for air evacuation to the outside must be installed. Use an outlet exhaust duct with: – minimum indispensable length; -Minimum possible bends (maximum angle of bend: 90°); -certified
according to local, building & fire regulations); and as smooth as possible inside. It is also advisable to avoid any drastic changes in duct cross-section (recommended diameter: 125mm).
Drill the hole in the wall for the air outlet (133 mm diameter) referring to drawings here on the right where the measurements for the various possibilities are indicated.
Decide on the position of the hole for the air outlet: The hole must be in the ceiling, according to your requirements, but must be in vertical line with your hood. Bear in mind that the hood can expel air through the top air outlet only.
Fitting under wall unit
- Before fixing the hood to the wall unit, drill a hole of 130mm diameter in the wall unit.
- In any case, check the position of the power outlet considers where the power cable will run, since a hole might have to be made in the wall unit to accommodate it.
- Drill 4 holes in the wall unit, respecting the distance indicated. Push the hood up against the wall unit and insert the 4 screws operating from inside the wall unit
- Make the electrical connection.
Installation is now complete.
- Exhaust air must not be discharged into a flue which is used for exhausting fumes from appliance burning gas or other fuels.
- If the instructions for installation for the gas hob specify a greater distance than 650mm, this has to be taken into account.
- The regulations concerning the discharge of exhaust air have to be followed.
The hood is operated using the rock button on the front panel. The light switch turns the lamps on and off. The fan switch turns the fan on to two speed settings:
The grease filters should be cleaned frequently (every two months of operation, or more frequently for heavy use). Use a warm detergent solution. rease filters are washable.
This range hood requires two normal lamps (AC 220V, 2W Max).
EMILIA GLEM GLEM GAS AUSTRALASIA PTY. LTD. PRODUCT WARRANTY
Thank you for choosing an Emilia Glem Appliance, the purchase of this appliance is an important investment in your home and so to protect your investment we urge you to complete the registration card attached, please return tt immediately.
IT IS A WARRANTY REQUIREMENT THAT PROOF OF PURCHASE BE PROVIDED PRIOR TO REQUESTING A SERVICE CALL.
THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THE APPLIANCE WAS NOT INSTALLED BY A LICENSED TECHNICIAN AND PROOF IS NOT SUPPLIED.
The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to all other conditions and warranties in respect of this prcx:Juct which the consumer may have under the Trade Practices Act 1874 of the Commonwealth of Australia and/or similar State or Territory Laws. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or
refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fall to be or acceptable quality and the failu re does not amount to a major failure. Glem Gas Australasia pty Ltd warrants, this appliance to be free from defects in Vv’Orkmanship and materials for a period of:
a) Where the appliance is intended to be used and is used for DOMESTIC USE – 24 MONTHS FROM DATE OF DELIVERY TO THE
b) Where the appliance is 1t1lended to be used and is used for CCMMERCIAL USE- 90 DAYS FROM DATE OF DELIVERY TO THE
Glem Gas AustraJasia Pty Ltd, during the period of warranty, will at its option, and subject to the terms and conditions stated below, repair or replace free of charge this appliance or any component part, which upon examination by Glem Appliances P/L. is found to be defective.
THIS W~SHAI.LNOT APPLY:
If the rating plate has been removed or the serial number or other details on it have been removed or rendered illegible.
- If the appliance “‘connected to any voltage other than shown on rating plate.
- If the appliance has been subjected to misuse, albuse accident or want of care.
- If the appliance has been installed, operated or maintained contrary to the instructions supplied by Glem Gas Australasia P/L.
- If any defect or failure is due to connection to an inadequate or faulty power supply.
- If damage is caused by foreign objects in or on the appliance or by reason of tts use for purposes other than that for which it was delivered.
- If a repair has been made or attempted by the purchaser.
- Where the appliance is installed outside an 80km radius from the GPO of any Australian Capital Cfy to freight and travel costs beyond that radius. This warranty does not cover any glass damage or replacement of ltght bulbs. Parts covered under warranty that need replacing i.e.: seals, knobs or filters. These can be posted to customer to put on at their discretion. This Warranty is given by Glem Gas Australasia pty Ltd and no other person or organisation is authorised to vary its provisions and conditions.
Complete this section and keep It for own record.
Please complete the section below and return to:
Glem Gas Australasia Ply. Ltd, PO Box 63 Blaxcell PO South Granville or fax to 02 9721 2766