ELECTRONIC GUARD DOG
Home is not a place, it’s a feeling
Scare off unwanted visitors with this electronic guard dog! If movement is detected within the range of the radar sensor, an alarm signal of your choice is triggered.
- Alarm unit
- Adapter (1,5 m. cable)
- User manual
- Security sticker
- Alarm unit with radar sensor detection
- Three different alarm signals:
– Barking dog
– Police siren
– Door bell (dingdong)
- Adjustable volume
- Can be used as an alarm unit and as a unit that greets customers
- Detection can be sensed through wood, plastic, glass, or cement (< 18 cm thickness)
- Speaker with 3D sound effects for increased vibrancy
The alarm unit can be powered using either the supplied adapter or with batteries. This makes it suitable for use at locations without electrical outlets nearby.
- To use with supplied adapter: Connect the adapter, see (a).
- To use with batteries: Open the battery compartment see (b) and insert 8 x 1.5 V DC AA batteries. Attention: Remove the batteries if you will not be using the alarm unit for an extended period of time.
Setting the detection range
Open the battery cover of the alarm unit and use the switch to experimentally adjust the range of the radar sensor:
– < 6 m. from the front of the alarm unit
– 9-16 m. from the back of the alarm unit
– < 4 m. from the front of the alarm unit
– 6-9 m from the back of the alarm unit
– < 2 m. from the front of the alarm unit
– 3-6 m from the back of the alarm unit
Switching on the alarm
- When the alarm unit is powered, the led POWER will light up.
- To activate or deactivate the alarm, press the On/Off button at the top of the alarm unit. When the alarm is activated, the led ARM will light up.
- To change the alarm signal, press the Select button.
- Use the Vol + and Vol – buttons to change the alarm volume.
- After switching the alarm unit to alarm mode, it takes about 15 seconds for the radar sensor to detect movement. This delay allows you to leave the room without triggering the alarm unit.
- If the alarm unit is triggered it will start alarming. Depending on the alarm signal you have selected, it will stop alarming a few seconds after the motion was detected.
– Barking dog: Stops approx. 20 seconds after the last motion detection
– Police alarm: Stops approx. 50 seconds after the last motion detection
– Doorbell: Stops immediately after the last motion detection
- To deactivate the alarm, press the On/Off button once. The led ARM will turn off. Depending on the selected alarm, the alarm unit will stop alarming a few seconds later.
– Barking dog: Stops approx. 20 seconds after pressing the On/Off button.
– Police alarm: Stops approx. 50 seconds after pressing the On/Off button.
– Doorbell : Stops immediately after pressing the On/Off button.
- This product is only suitable for indoor use. Do not place the alarm unit where it will be exposed to direct sunlight, high temperatures (such as radiators or heaters) or rain. Do not open this unit other than as intended and do not attempt to repair/modify this unit yourself. The warranty on this product is void if it is used in a manner other than that specified by the manufacturer.
- The volume of the alarm signal is very loud (120dB maximum). Therefore, avoid prolonged contact with the alarm signal.
- If the alarm unit is placed too close to a heat source, a false alarm can occur. Resolve this by relocating the alarm unit to a different location / in a different direction.
- ELRO Europe is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by the malfunctioning of the alarm unit.
|Alarm volume ||Adjustable from 70 to max 120 dB(A) |
|Reach of the radar sensor ||Max 9-16 m detected from rear |
|Detection angle ||360° |
|Consumption ||≤ 6 W |
|Operating voltage ||12V DC |
|Operating power ||1A |
|Power when on standby ||≤ 20 mA |
|Power when in use ||≤ 500 mA |
|Dimensions ||150 mm (H)*160 mm (W)*110 mm (D) |
|Net weight ||765 g |
|Gross weight ||790 g |
|Temperature / humidity ||-20°C – 60°C / 20% – 85% |
The WEEE symbol indicates that this product and its batteries must be disposed of separately from household waste. When this product reaches the end of its useful life, take it to a designated waste collection point nearby to ensure safe disposal or recycling. Protect the environment and public health and handle natural resources responsibly!
By including the CE symbol on a product, a manufacturer declares that the product complies with all legal requirements for CE marking and can be sold throughout the EEA.
Simplified EU declaration of conformity
Hereby, ELRO Europe declares that the radio equipment type ELRO ARD51 Electronic Guard Dog is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.elro.eu/doc
.Service and contact
Would you like to contact us? You can! In order to ensure that we can provide our customers with the best possible service as quickly as possible, we ask you to consider the following:For questions regarding the installation, use or operation of this product:
- Go to www.elro.eu to receive a quick answer to your question. Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions, detailed installation videos, and the most recent version of your product manual.
- Can’t resolve your question using the website? Leave a question via the product page or send an email to email@example.com. We will help you as soon as possible.
For all other questions:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible. For the warranty conditions applicable to this product, please visit www.elro.eu.
This product was manufactured by:
Postbus 9607 – Box E800
1006 GC Amsterdam
Documents / Resources