2.0 KW DESIGNER
GLASS PANEL HEATER
EGH20AW / EGH20AWB
Thank you for choosing electriQ
Please read this user manual before using this heater and keep it safe for future reference.
Visit our page www.electriQ.co.uk for our entire range of Intelligent Electricals
- Carefully read the instructions before operating the
- This appliance is for indoor use only.
- Rating: This unit must be only connected to a 220-240 V / 50 Hz earthed outlet.
- Installation must be in accordance with the regulations of the country where the unit is used.
- If you are in any doubt about the suitability of your electrical supply have it checked and, if necessary, modified by a qualified electrician.
- This heater has been tested and is safe to use. However, as with any electrical appliance – use it with care.
- Disconnect the power from the unit before dismantling, assembling or cleaning.
- Avoid touching any moving parts within the appliance.
- Never insert fingers, pencils or any other objects through the guard.
- This appliance can be used by Children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be carried out by children.
- Children aged from 3 years and less than 8 years shall only switch on/off the appliance provided that it has been placed or installed in its intended normal operating position and they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children aged from 3 years and less than 8 years shall not plug in, regulate, or clean the appliance or perform user maintenance.
- Children under 3 years should be kept away unless continuously supervised.
- Some parts of this product can become very hot and cause burns. Particular attention has to be given where children and vulnerable people are present.
- Do not clean the unit by spraying it or immersing it in water.
- Never connect the unit to an electrical outlet using an extension cord. If an outlet is not available, one should be installed by a qualified electrician.
- Never operate this appliance if the unit, cord or plug is damaged. Ensure the power cord is not stretched, exposed to sharp object/edges, or routed under the unit.
- Any service other than regular cleaning should be performed by an authorized service representative. Failure to comply could result in a voided warranty.
- Never use the plug as a switch to start and turn off the heater. Use the provided power switch on the rear of the unit.
- Do not use an external timer.
- Do not cover the air inlet or outlet, or place items close to the unit which may restrict airflow, as this may present a fire risk.
- The heater must not be located immediately below a socket outlet.
- Always ensure the unit is secure before operation. Do not use on unstable or uneven surfaces and if wall-mounted, it must be securely attached to a suitable wall.
- Do not move or tilt the unit.
- Avoid keeping the unit in direct sunlight for a long period of time.
- The heater is designed to be used at temperatures above -20°C. If it is exposed to temperatures below this, it must be allowed to warm above this level before the operation.
- Do not attempt to repair, disassemble or modify the appliance. This unit contains no user-serviceable parts.
- Always unplug or disconnect the appliance from the mains power supply when not in use, or when moving or cleaning it. Do not pull the cord to unplug the heater.
- Keep the heater clean. Do not allow any object to enter the ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause electric shock, fire, or damage to the heater.
- Do not use the appliance for anything other than its intended use. It is designed for domestic indoor use only.
- There may be a trace of odour during the first few minutes of initial use, or after a period of storage. This is normal and will quickly disappear.
- This appliance has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint, or any flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Never locate this appliance where it may fall into a bathtub or otherwise become exposed to water.
- This appliance is IP24 rated, and so can be used or installed within a bathroom as long as the appliance and its cables are not within Zones 0-2.
- If used within a bathroom, the circuit must be protected by a suitable RCD to prevent electric shock.
- Do not allow the appliance to be submerged or sprayed with water.
- If the unit is wall-mounted, it must be installed in accordance with current regulations for the area of installation. If unsure, professional advice should be sought.
- The remote contains a lithium battery, keep out of reach of small children. Seek medical advice if swallowed.
- To prevent battery leakage: Remove the battery from the remote if exhausted or before long periods of storage.
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, DO NOT use this appliance with any solid-state Speed Control Device or any variable speed controllers.
ENERGY SAVING AND UNIT SAFETY PROTECTION TIP
- Do not cover or restrict the airflow. Do not use in a dusty environment.
- For safety and maximum performance, when the castors are fitted the minimum distance from a wall or objects should be 50cm.
SETTING THE UNIT UP FOR USE
The appliance can be wall-mounted using the supplied mounting brackets, or alternatively can be set up as a portable heater using the supplied legs and castors. It is important that the unit is only operated if it is wall-mounted or has the castors fitted.
ATTACHING THE FEET
- Turn the heater upside down.
- Put the feet in position and align the screws with the holes on the underside of the feet.
- Insert the screws into the feet, and fully tighten.
- After the installation is complete, turn the heater the right way up.
The heater must be installed at least 15cm from the floor and 50cm from the ceiling.
IMPORTANT: Before drilling, ensure that no wires or pipelines are behind the wall to prevent damage.
- Measure the distance between the 3 wall hanging holes on the rear of the heater
- After double-checking the measurements mark their position on the wall, using a pencil. We would advise using a spirit level to ensure all markings are square and level.
- Once you are happy with the position of the marks, drill 8mm diameter holes using a suitable drill bit
- Insert the wall plugs into the holes. Please note depending on the wall type; alternative fixings may be required. Ask for professional advice if unsure.
- Insert the supplied long screws into the wall plug ensuring that the screw head is protruding by 5~10mm.
- Hang the heater onto the screws, ensuring all screws engage with the relevant slot on the rear of the heater.
- Push the heater to the side so that screws move through the channel on the brackets to secure it in position.
CONTROLLING THE HEATER
SWITCHING ON THE HEATER
Plug the heater into the power supply and turn on the power switch (on the side of the unit). You will hear a sound. This indicates that the power supply is now connected.
The LED display will illuminate when the POWER button is pressed.
QUICK USE GUIDE
- Switch the unit on using the main power switch on the side of the unit. The heater will make a sound, and the display will flash.
- Press the STANDBY button to turn on the heater. The display panel will light up, and the unit will start to operate with the default settings.
- Set the current day and time.
- Use the UP and DOWN buttons to change the desired temperature, and the MODE button to change between High Heat, Low Heat, and Anti Frost modes.
SETTING THE DAY AND TIME
- With the appliance turned on, hold the TIMER button for 3 seconds until the hour value starts to flash.
- Change the hour value using the UP and DOWN buttons.
- Hold the TIMER button for 3 seconds to confirm the hour value.
- Change the minute value using the UP and DOWN buttons.
- Hold the TIMER button for 3 seconds to confirm the minute value.
- Change the day shown on the day indicator using the UP and DOWN buttons.
- Leave the unit for 5 seconds and the day and time will be saved.
TURNING ON AND OFF
The STANDBY button can be pressed to enter and exit standby mode. If the unit is not to be used for a while, we would advise for it to be turned off using the switch on the side and unplugged.
CHANGING THE DESIRED ROOM TEMPERATURE
The desired room temperature can be adjusted in both High heat and Low Heat modes, using the UP and DOWN buttons. After the UP or DOWN button has been pressed, the temperature display will show the desired temperature. The desired temperature can be adjusted between 10°C and 49°C.
Press and hold the UP and DOWN buttons for 3 seconds to activate and deactivate the child lock. When the child lock is activated the Child lock symbol will be shown on the display and the buttons are disabled on the control panel until the child lock is deactivated.
CHANGING THE POWER LEVEL
Repeatedly press the MODE button to change between the 3 available power modes:
OPEN WINDOW DETECTION
Hold Mode for 3 seconds to select Open Window Detection Mode. In this mode, when the ambient temperature drops by 5°C. within 10 minutes, the heater will register the possibility of an open window in the room. If this happens, it will stop heating and enter standby mode.
With the unit running with the desired settings, press the TIMER button. The countdown timer symbol will illuminate and the unit will flash 00:00.
Repeatedly press the TIMER button to increase the duration of the timer (upto a maximum of 24 hours).
Once the chosen timer length is selected, leave the unit, and after 10 seconds the timer will start. After the chosen time period the heater will enter standby mode.
Hold the PROGRAM button for 3 seconds to start the weekly timer. “Prog” will appear on the display, signalling that the timer is active.
Press the TIMER button once, and the number “1″ will begin to flash on the display to show that the first day is selected. Use the UP and DOWN buttons to select the weekday to edit.
When you have selected the day to amend, press the TIMER button to confirm.
Each day has 6 time periods that can be programmed. Use the UP and DOWN buttons to select the time period to adjust. Press the TIMER button to confirm the chosen time period.
The hours will begin to flash, and the symbol will be displayed. Adjust this using the UP and DOWN buttons. Once the start hour is set, press the TIMER button and the minute value will start to flash. Set this using the UP and DOWN buttons, before pressing the TIMER button to confirm.
Once the start time has been set for the period of operation, the unit will then move onto setting the finishing time. This will be indicated by the symbol on the display. This is set in exactly the same way as the start time.
Once the TIMER button has been pressed to confirm the stop time the temperature display will start to flash. Use the UP and DOWN buttons to confirm the desired temperature during the period specified. The heater will only operate when the temperature is below this value.
The above steps can then be repeated to set other time periods throughout the week.
The timer settings will be saved, and will not change as long as power is not disconnected from the unit.
CONNECTING THE APPLIANCE TO WIFI
DOWNLOAD THE APP TO YOUR PHONE
Download the ”TUYA SMART” app, from your chosen app store, using the QR codes below, or by searching for the app in your chosen store.
MODES AVAILABLE FOR SETUP
The heater has two different setup modes, Quick Connection and AP (Access Point). The quick connection is a quick and simple way to set the unit up. The AP connection uses a direct local WiFi connection between your phone and the heater to upload the network details.
When first turned on using the switch on the rear of the unit, the WiFi will be turned off. To turn on the WiFi, press and hold the UP button for 3 seconds. The WiFi symbol will flash quickly to indicate the unit is in quick connection mode
Please ensure your device is in the correct WiFi connection mode for the connection type you are attempting, the flashing WiFi indicator on your heater will indicate this.
CHANGING BETWEEN CONNECTION TYPES
To change the unit into AP mode, with the appliance in Quick Connection Mode, press and hold the DOWN button for 3 seconds.
To change back to Quick connection mode, press and hold the UP button for 3 seconds.
TURNING THE WIFI OFF
To turn the WiFi off, the appliance must be turned off using the switch on the rear. When the unit is turned back on it will start with the WiFi turned off, until reactivated following the steps above.
REGISTER THE APP
SETTING UP YOUR HOME WITHIN THE APP
TUYA is designed so it can work with a large number of compatible smart devices within your home. It can also be set up to work with multiple devices within different houses as such during the setup process the app requires that different areas are created and named to allow easy management of all your devices. When new devices are added, they are assigned to one of the rooms you have created.
CONNECTING USING THE QUICK CONNECTION METHOD
Before initiating the connection, make sure the unit is in standby mode (Power switch ON, but unit turned off), with the WiFi indicator flashing twice per second. If not follow the instructions for changing the connection mode. Also ensure your phone is connected to the WiFi network. (We advise turning mobile data off during setup)
CONNECTING USING APP MODE ALTERNATIVE METHOD
Before initiating the connection, make sure the unit is in standby mode, with the WiFi Light Indicator flashing once per second. If not follow the instructions for changing the WiFi connection mode. Also ensure your phone is connected to the WiFi network. (We advise turning mobile data off during setup)
CONTROLLING YOUR APPLIANCE THROUGH THE APP
THE HOME SCREEN
Each device has its own entry on the home screen to allow the user to either quickly turn the unit on or off, or to enter the device screen to make other changes.
The device screen is the main control screen for the heater, providing access to the controls to amend the functions and settings.
NOTE: Due to continuous development of the app, the layout and available features may be subject to change.
Smart Scenes is a powerful tool providing the option to customize the operation of the air heater based both on conditions within the room and outside influences. This gives the user the option of specifying much more intelligent actions. These are split into two categories Scene and Automation.
Scene allows for a one-touch button to be added to the Home Screen. The button can be used to change a number of settings in one go and can change all the settings within the unit. A number of scenes can easily be set up, allowing the user to easily change between a number of preset configurations.
Below is an example of how to set up a scene:
Automation allows an automatic action to be set up for the device. This can be triggered by the Time, and a range of other influences, depending on what other TUYA enabled devices you have on the network.
- Check whether the device is powered on and is in the correct WiFi connection mode, if not please refer to the CHANGING BETWEEN CONNECTION MODES section.
- Ensure the WiFi password has been entered into the app correctly (Case sensitive)
- Check that the phone is connected to the WiFi you are connecting the device to.
- Ensure the network you are connecting it to is 2.4Ghz (5Ghz WiFi networks are not supported), and that there is a strong WiFi signal to the item.
- If your router is dual-band, ensure that the 2.4ghz network has a different network name (SSID). Further advice on changing router settings will be available from your Internet service provider / Router manufacturer.
- Check the settings on the router. Encryption should be WPA2-PSK and authorization type should be set to AES
- Try using the alternative connection method. i.e. If the connection is failing when attempting to connect through CF mode, try AP mode.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
ATTENTION: Please shut off the unit and unplug from the mains before cleaning or performing any maintenance.
Cleaning the surface
Clean the heater with a duster or a soft wet cloth.
Do not use chemical solvents (such as benzene, alcohol or gasoline) as they may cause irreversible damage. Make sure no water enters the control panel or gaps in the casing.Do not run the unit until completely dry.
Place the heater in its original box or cover to protect it from dust when not in use.
Store it in a cool, dry place.
Do not repair or disassemble the unit by yourself; unauthorized repair attempts will invalidate the warranty and may cause bodily harm.
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
Hereby, electriQ declares that this heater follows Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: https://www.electriQ.co.uk/content/declaration-of-conformity
electriQ UK SUPPORT
Please, for your own convenience, make these simple checks before calling the service line.
If the unit still fails to operate call: 0871 620 1057 or complete the online form
- Is the unit plugged into the mains?
- Is the fuse OK?
- Switch the unit off and wait three minutes to see if the issue is resolved.
Restart the unit.
Office hours: 9AM – 5PM Monday to Friday
Unit J6, Lowfields Business Park
Lowfields Way, Elland
West Yorkshire, HX5 9DA
Disposal: Do not dispose of this product as unsorted municipal waste. Collection of such waste must be handled separately as special treatment is necessary.
Recycling facilities are now available for all customers at which you can deposit your old electrical products. Customers will be able to take any old electrical equipment to participating civic amenity sites run by their local councils. Please remember that this equipment will be further handled during the recycling process, so please be considerate when depositing your equipment. Please contact the local council for details of your local household waste recycling centers.