Ebac DD300 Industrial Dehumidifier
Carefully remove the DD300 dehumidifier unit from its transit box and visually check for signs of transit damage. If there is evidence of damage DO NOT attempt to operate the unit, call your supplier for advice. Do not discard the packing, it will be helpful when transporting the dehumidifier unit in the future.
Dehumidifiers remove moisture from the air that is circulating through the unit. The resulting reduction of relative humidity helps prevent rust, rot, mold, mildew, and condensation within the room, or other enclosed spaces where the dehumidifier is used. The DD300 is of the desiccant wheel type designed to dry air by passing a large volume of air, the “process” air through a slowly rotating Silica gel rotor. Silica gel is a hygroscopic material that absorbs moisture direct from the air. As the air passes through the rotor, humidity is reduced, whilst the moisture content of the rotor increases. A smaller volume of air, thereactivation air, is heated by an internal heater and passes through a portion of the rotor in the opposite direction. As this heated air passes through the rotor it will “reactivate” it by removing the moisture content from the silica gel material. The reactivation air will leave the humidifier as warm, moist air and must be vented to outside of the building. Continuous circulation of the room air through the dehumidifier unit gradually reduces the relative humidity in the room. The DD300 dehumidifier is a robust, compact unit designed to control the humidity in the enclosed space in which it is placed. The casing is fabricated from Stainless Steel 304 and has been designed for the exacting conditions which can prevail in offices, shops, houses, restaurants, public houses etc. It combines lightness and compactness with high reliability and strength. Carry handles are provide to contribute to its portability. The unit is thermally protected and will switch off if the maximum operating temperature of 40ºC is exceeded. The dehumidifier has a single filter positioned at the air inlet and is used to clean the air entering the dehumidifier.
|DRY AIRFLOW:||290 M³/HR|
|WET AIRFLOW:||75 M³/HR|
|POWER SUPPLY:||230V, 1 ph, 50Hz|
|POWER||1.5 kW (max)|
|FINISH:||Stainless steel 305|
(AT 28°C AND 60% RH)
The DD300 is designed for indoor use. Position the dehumidifier unit in the center of the room to be conditioned if at all possible.
NOTE: Both the air inlets and outlets of the dehumidifier unit must have clear space around them and not be obstructed in any way. For correct installation and operation, the unit inlet and outlet must have a clearance of 0.5M from all adjacent surfaces and or structures.
The wet air outlet from the dehumidifier must be exhausted to the outside of the room being dried by means of a suitable duct. All duct connections to the dehumidifier have been designed for connections to standard-size ducts. The duct should be as short as possible to reduce the risk of condensation of the wet air. The duct should slope downwards away from the unit to stop any condensed water from flowing back into the unit. The dry air outlet is also provided with a means of attaching a duct. This can be used to direct the air towards more severe damp patches.
WARNING: THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE EARTHED.
The DD300 is provided with a standard plug and is designed to operate from a 13 Amp supply.
IMPORTANT: The wires in the mains lead are colored in accordance with the following code:
- GREEN & YELLOW…………EARTH
If the supply cord is damaged it must be replaced by a qualified Ebac Industrial Products Ltd personnel or other similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
The electrical controls are located on the front of the unit. They are:
- ON / OFF Switch
- Dehumidifier OFF
- Dehumidifier ON
- Humidity Switch
- Dehumidifier in continuous operation
- Dehumidifier operation by means of an external humidistat
- An ammeter is provided to display the current used by the unit.
- An hour counter is provided to display the total time the unit has been in operation
- A socket is provided for connection of a external humidistat.
To start the dehumidifier, turn the On / Off switch to position 1. Turn the humidity switch to position. After a slight delay, the fan will operate – air can be felt blowing from the air outlets and the heater will come on. The unit will operate continuously at this setting.
Note: The DD300 is controlled by an electronic circuit board and uses dual PTC (positive temperature coefficient) heater technology to provide the heat necessary to “reactivate” the rotor. To ensure safe start up, the heaters are switched on in stages – the first heater is switched on at start up and the remaining heater is switched on after 10 seconds. At switch on, the ammeter will initially show a higher current for a few seconds, prior to settling to a steady value. This is normal. After 10 seconds ammeters will again show an increased value as the second heater is switched on. This is normal. If an external humidistat control is fitted, turn the humidity switch to position A. Depending on the setting of the humidistat, the dehumidifier may switch off as the relative humidity in the room decreases. As the humidity increase the unit will automatically switch back on.m The Humidistat plug supplied should be wired using pins numbered 1 & 2. Pin 3 is not required. See diagram 5010307 at the back of the manual.
AIR MOVING SYSTEM
The DD300 is a single fan balanced system providing both the “Process” air and “Regeneration” airflow. As the air passes over the rotor, it will be heated as a result of the regeneration cycle. The air leaving the unit will be hotter than the air entering During the normal operation some parts of the dehumidifier may become hot. This is normal.
HIGH TEMPERATURE CUT OUT
The DD300 dehumidifier has been designed to work in ambient conditions of -20ºC to +40ºC. Should the temperature in the room become excessive an overheat protector will operate, switching off the PTC heaters. The fan and drive motor will continue to operate. This is a manual reset device. Prior to resetting the protector, check that the dehumidifier is installed correctly and the ambient temperature does not exceed 40°C. See repairs section for details on resetting device.
Approximate capacity in Kg/h at different inlet process air temperatures and relative humidity (%)
- DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO PLAY WITH OR AROUND THE UNIT. ENSURE THE UNIT IS INACCESSIBLE TO CHILDREN WHEN NOT ATTENDED.
- DO NOT USE THIS UNIT IN AN ENVIRONMENT CONTAINING FLAMMABLE FUMES
- DO NOT USE THIS UNIT IF THE CABINET OR POWER CORD IS DAMAGED
- DO NOT INSERT OBJECTS INTO ANY OF THE GRILLES ON THE MACHINE
- DO NOT COVER OR OBSTRUCT AIRFLOW FROM THE GRILLES
- DO NOT OPERATE THE UNIT WITH THE COVERS REMOVED
- DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY REPAIRS SHOULD THE UNIT FAIL TO OPERATE
- DO NOT STAND ON THE UNIT
- DO NOT LIFT THE UNIT WHEN SWITCHED ON
- DO CHECK THE PLUG ON THE EQUIPMENT MATCHES THE SUPPLY
- DO USE THE UNIT FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS DESIGNED
- DO ENSURE THE POWER CORD AND SUPPLY IS EARTHED CORRECTLY
- DO USE A RESIDUAL CURRENT DEVICE “RCD” WHERE POSSIBLE
- DO KEEP THE UNIT DRY. NEVER USE A HOSE OR PRESSURE WASHER TO CLEAN THE UNIT.
ROUTINE SERVICE & REPAIR
- ENSURE THAT THE POWER CORD TO THE MACHINE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED BEFORE CARRYING OUT ROUTINE SERVICE. THE SERVICING AND REPAIR OF THIS UNIT SHOULD ONLY BE CARRIED OUT BY A SUITABLY QUALIFIED PERSON.
- SWITCH OFF THE DEHUMIDIFIER APPROXIMATELY 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO REMOVING ANY PANELS, ALLOWING THE HEATER TO COOL DOWN.
To ensure continued full efficiency of the dehumidifier, maintenance procedures should be performed as follows:
- We recommend that the filter is checked at least once a month. Intervals for cleaning or replacement of filters will depend on the installation
- Never operate the dehumidifier without the filters as the rotor can be damaged by dust.
- To carry out the following, it is necessary to remove the top cover panel. This machine should be serviced by qualified Ebac Industrial Products Ltd personnel or other persons having technical competence in servicing electrical equipment following the instructions in this Service Manual.
- The rotor is maintenance-free. However, should it be necessary to clean the rotor, compressed air should be used to carefully blow dirt from the rotor.
- The PTC heaters are maintenance-free. However should it be necessary to clean the heaters, compressed air should be used to carefully blow dirt from the heaters.
- Check that the fan is firmly secured and that the fan rotates freely.
- Check all wiring connections.
- Check the belt tensioning at regular intervals. Adjust when needed by loosening the four bolts holding the drive wheel and rotating the drive motor until the correct tension is achieved.
- The overheat protector is located inside the unit, towards the front,near the rotor. To reset this device press the red button.
- Should an electrical component fail, consult the Factory Service Center to obtain the proper replacement part.
IF ANY OF THE PRECEDING PROBLEMS OCCUR, CONTACT THE EBAC INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS LTD SERVICE CENTER PRIOR TO CONTINUED OPERATION OF THE UNIT TO PREVENT PERMANENT DAMAGE.
|Filter clogged||Clean or replace filters|
|Little or no dehumidification capacity||No regeneration heat Reduced airflow
No rotation of Rotor
|Check PTC / OHP Check fan / duct
Check belt tension/drive motor
|Air leakage||Check to seal|
The dehumidifier does not start
Correct switch setting
Check Auto / Manual switch
|Loose electrical wiring||Check wiring diagram – fault
find & repair
|Drive belt slipping||Check belt tension|
|The rotor does not rotate||Drive belt broken
|Replace drive belt
Check center shaft, rim of the rotor
|Drive motor faulty||Check supply /Replace motor|
No Dry or Wet Air Airflow
Fan faulty Ducts blocked
|Clean or replace filters Check supply/fan
Check duct for obstruction
displayed on ammeter
|Low reactivation airflow
|Check air path for restriction
Check PTC / OHP
|Check fan is secured firmly
Tighten all fastenings
SPARE PARTS LIST
|Process Air Fan Motor||3040253|
|Capacitor for Process Air Fan Motor||3030841|
|Process Inlet Filter||2050072|
|Capacitor for Drive Motor||3030832|
|On / Off Switch||3030557|
|Auto / Manual Switch||3030522|
- This appliance can be used by children from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the application in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- If the SUPPLY CORD is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified person in order to avoid hazard.
UK Head Office
- Ebac Industrial Products Ltd
- St Helens Trading Estate
- Bishop Auckland
- County Durham
- DL14 9AD
- Tel: +44 (0) 1388 664400
- Fax: +44 (0) 1388 662590
- [email protected]
American Sales Office
- Ebac Industrial Products Inc
- 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd.
- Suite 109, Newport News
- Virginia, 23606-2575
- Tel: +01 757 873 6800
- Fax: +01 757 873 3632
- [email protected]
German Sales Office
- Ebac Industrial Products Ltd.
- Gartenfelder Str. 29-37
- Gebäude 35
- D-13599, Berlin
- Tel: +49 3043 557241
- Fax: +49 3043 557240
- [email protected]
Documents / Resources
|Ebac DD300 Industrial Dehumidifier [pdf] Owner's Manual|
DD300, Industrial Dehumidifier, Dehumidifier, DD300
- EIPL - Industrial Dehumidifiers
- EIP Group - Industrial Dehumidifiers
- EIP Group - Industrial Dehumidifiers