Eachine NOVICE-II 1-2S Brushless Micro Drone
3. Start FPV Flight
Start by powering on your Radio and Goggles. NOVICE-II comes already bound to your radio and on the right video channel matched with your goggles. Power on NOVICE-II by sliding the battery into the battery tray and plugging it in. Once the battery is plugged in, set NOVICE-II on a stable surface so it can calibrate. Calibration takes a few seconds then NOVICE-II is ready to fly.
Install 4x AA 1.5v battery to the radio and push the power switch to turn on the radio. If the throttle stick was not at the bottom position the radioter will alarm.
Connect the battery for the NOVICE-II
. Turn on the Vr009 goggles and check the Video.
Toggle SWA(AUX1) switch to arm the NOVICE-II , you will find “ARMED” notice in the screen of the Goggles. Recommend Toggle SWC(AUX2) to choose Stable mode for the beginner. Happy flight and keep it safe.
Toggle SWC(AUX2) switch to select flight mode (Default is Acro mode)
4. Charger the Lipo Battery
Ports are numbered 1-6. Do not put more than one battery on a single port. For example: do not insert one battery on the Picoblade 1.25 plug and another on the same port with the PH 2.0 plug.
5. Flight and Radio Stick Controls
Always use caution when flying and operate in an open and controllable area. Please learn the flight controls first before powering on the aircraft to fly. The left stick controls throttle and yaw direction of NOVICE-II. The right stick controls pitch and roll of the aircraft.
Left Stick Diagram
Right Stick Diagram
- The belowing content are regarding the advanced tutorial. The drone comes out already finished all the settings and bound with the radio .
- Don’t mod to XT30 Plug , it will burnt the flight controller if mod to xt30 and use high discharge rating battery .
6. Flight controller connection diagram
7. Binding procedure
- Plug the usb and go to the CLI command tab in the betaflight configurator, then type “bind_rx_spi”,the receiver will getting into bind mode , and then make your Flysky radio to bind mode.
2. Please Ensure the RX setup of your transmitter is in AFHDS 2A Mode. Then get your transmitter into binding mode： Turn on the transmitter while holding the bind button. The White and red LED on the flight controller should blinking fast first and then blinking slowly, this indicates binding successfully. Now you need to exit binding mode of the transmitter and re-connect the Novice-II to the computer, then the Red and white LED should be getting to be solid , this indicates the connection was established between the NOVICE-II and your transmitter.
8. Receiver configuration
Please set Receiver mode to be SPI RX Support from the Configuration tab of the Betaflight Configurator, then select A7105_Flysky_2A Provider for AFHDS-2A Protocol Radio transmitter or Select A7105_Flysky Provider for AFHDS Protocol Radio transmitter, don’t enable Serial RX since the Flight controller is integrated SPI BUS Receiver
9. VTX Bands and Channels setup
Frequency and channel frequency table:
Default vtx setting is 200mw but the VTX power LED indicate will always show 25mw when the quad was disarmed, because we have “set vtx_low_power_disarm=on”
There are 3 ways to switch the vtx channels:
- Short press to choose the VTX channel, press and holding the button to Choose the VTX Band (Can’t save , it will lost the channel while power off)
- Go to Betaflight CLI ,type the command:
Notes: The vtx_freq should match the vtx_band and vtx_channle as the VTX Channel
For example, if you set vtx_freq=5732, you should set vtx_band=5 and
- Enable Smartaudio for UART2, then move the stick of the transmitter (THR MID+ YAW LEFT+ PITCH UP) to enter OSD Menu, Enter to Features, then enter to VTX SA to set VTX Band and channel
10. Goggles and VTX Receiver channel setting
- Key 1: Short press for MENU mode; Long press (More than 3 sec) for Power ON/OFF.
- Key 2: Short press for Auto-Searching (Automatic selection of the strongest channel).
- Key 3: Short press for Band+ (Change bands A-B-E-F-R circularly).
- Key 4: Short press for Channel+ (Change channels 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 circularly).
- Micro-USB Charging port: Supports DC5V only.
- Antenna port B: RP-SMA male.
- Charging indicator: Red light when charging light; full power, the indicator goes off.
- Antenna port A: RP-SMA male.
- AV Jack: In RF receiving mode can output AV signal; In AV mode can enter the video
Menu Operation Instructions:
In normal mode, press Key 1 to enter the MENU mode.
In MENU mode:
① Key 1: Select the option bar.
② Key 2: Return to normal mode.
③ Key 3: Value -.
④ Key 4: Value +.
11. Mixer type and ESC/motor protocol
12. Default PID setting and currents setting
13. Radio channels/Switch and Betaflight mode setting
- Switch A(arm and disarm)
- Switch B
- Switch C(Mode switch)
- Switch D
- Left stick
- Left trim
- Right trim
- Right stick
- Left trim
- Right trim
- press the Enter key
- Short press the Cancel key
- Code keys
- LCD Display
14. AUX Channel set up
15. LED Strip Setting
16. ESC Check and Flash firmware
- Download New release Blhelisuite from:
- Connect the NOVICE-II flight controller to computer
3. Open the Device Manager of your computer, find the Ports, please make sure the Com port Serial Number is under 255, otherwise it will can’t connect to the BLHELISUITE. You can change the port serial number like the bellowing step :
4. Open the BLHELISUITE, Select SILABS BLHeli Bootloader (Cleanflight) from the third tab on the top side. Then Select the right Serial com port and Click connect. You can also Flash the new release BLHeli_s firmware via the BLHEILISUITE, the firmware Target is “S-H-50”.
17. Flight controller firmware update
- Install latest STM32 Virtual COM Port Driver
- Install STM BOOTLOAD Driver (STM Device in DFU MODE)
- Open Betaflight configurator and choose firmware target “CrazybeeF4FS”, then select the firmware version.
- There are 2 ways to get in DFU Mode: 1). Press and hold the boot button, then plug USB to computer 2).loading betaflight firmware and hit “flash”, then it will getting into DFU Mode automatically.
- Open Zadig tools to replace the drivers from STM32 Bootloader to WINUSB Driver.
- Reconnect the flight controller to the computer after replace driver done , and open Betaflight Configurator, loading firmware and flash.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!