Creative Consumer Electronics
FH2KW1 – Fan Heater
PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
- This appliance is for indoor/household use only. Do not use outdoors.
- This heater is not designed for commercial or industrial use; it is solely for household use only.
- Ensure that the voltage is the same as indicated on the rating plate of the heater.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Some parts of this product can become very hot and cause bums.
- Particular attention has to be given where children and vulnerable people are present.
- Only use the heater out of the reach of children because the unit may get very hot.
- If either the appliance or power cable are damaged, return it to Duronic for service or repair by professional technician.
- Never open and repair the machine yourself. Do not modify the machine in any way that is not described in the instructions for use.
- Always operate the appliance on a dry, smooth, even and stable surface.
- Always ensure that your hands are dry before operating or adjusting any switch on the product or touching the plug and socket.
- Cleaning should be done as per instructions in this manual. Do not immerse in water or other liquids.
- Do not insert or allow any foreign object to enter any intake or outlet opening, as this may cause an electric shock, fire or damage to the appliance.
- Keep the appliance and cable away from sources of heat, sharp objects or anything that might cause damage.
- In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater. To prevent a possible fire hazard, do not block the air intakes or the outlet in any way.
- Ensure the appliance is always switched off before connecting it to the mains power supply.
- Switch off the power supply and unplug the appliance whenever it is not in use, before cleaning it or carrying out any maintenance.
- This heater must not be located immediately below a mains plug socket.
- To disconnect the appliance, switch it “OFF”, and then remove the plug from the socket.
- Do not pull the cable to unplug it.
- Do not operate in areas where petrol, paint or other flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Do not touch the hot surfaces.
- Do not leave this appliance unattended when it is in use.
- The most common cause of overheating is deposits of dust or fluff in the appliance. Ensure these deposits are removed regularly by disconnecting the appliance and then vacuum cleaning the air vents and grills.
- Place the cable in such a way that it is not in any high traffic area to avoid it being tripped over or stood on.
- Do not put the heater away until it has cooled down completely. Store the heater in cool dry location when not in use.
- This product is only suitable for well-insulated spaces or occasional use.
- Remember, portable electric heaters are designed for spot heating, or as a supplementary heat source. They are not intended to be main sources of heat.
Features and Specifications
- Temperature control dial
- Pilot light
- Power selection dial
- Safety grill
|Model ||Voltage ||Frequency ||Power |
|FH2KW1 ||220-240V AC ||50-60Hz ||1200W-2000W |
Upon first use, there may be a trace of smoke or odour when the unit is switched on. This is normal and will fade away quickly.
TURNING THE HEATER ON
- Connect the Power
Place the heater on a flat dry floor surface, within close proximity to a mains plug socket. Plug in the power cable and switch on at the plug.
- Switch on the Heater
Turn the Temperature Control Dial clockwise until you hear a click noise, this means the temperature controller is on. The pilot light will glow. Adjust the dial to the desired temperature level.
- Select the Power Level
Turn on the Power Selection dial by selecting between 3 different levels: Cool fan only/ low heat (1200W) / high heat (2000W).
TURNING OFF THE HEATER
- Turn the Power Selection Dial to the ‘OFF’ position.
- Turn the Temperature Control Dial anticlockwise to the ‘MIN’ position.
- Switch off at the plug socket and remove the plug from the socket.
- If you plan to store the heater away, allow it to cool down first beforehand.
This fan heater is equipped with a pilot light that glows whenever the heater is plugged in and switched on. It will continue to glow, even when the thermostat has cycled the heating elements off. The pilot light feature is there to prevent you from being unaware that the heater is operating and maintaining the temperature of the room. When you do not wish for the heater to control the temperature in the room, turn the control dial to ‘MIN’, turn the Power Select Dial to ‘OFF’ and switch the heater off at the plug socket.
When the temperature of the heater is too high due to an abnormality in the use environment or due to improper use, the thermostat device can automatically cut off the power and make the heater stop working. After the heater has cooled down completely, check what the reason for overheating may have been and rectify the problem. If it was obstruction, remove the item covering the heater. After this, the heater can continue being used as normal.
Tip: The most common cause of overheating is often due to deposits of dust or fluff entering the heater vents. To avoid this happening, ensure that you dust or vacuum the air vents and front grill regularly.Inversion Protection
When the whole heater is inverted/tipped over, the safety system will automatically cut off the power. Once the heater has been placed in an upright position again, the heater can continue to be used as normal.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Before cleaning, turn off the heater. Unplug the power cable and allow the heater to cool down.
- Do not immerse the power cord, plug or the heater itself into water or any liquid. Do not pour water or any liquid over the heater.
- To clean the heater safely, use a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust and lint on the grill/mesh cover. Wipe the heater with a dry cloth to remove any extra dust and a damp (well wrung) cloth to clean off any stains.
- Do not use detergents, abrasive cleaning products or any kind of polishing material on the body of the heater as this can damage the finish.
- Unplug the heater and wind up the power cable.
- Store the heater in a cool dry place. Cover the heater to prevent dust and dirt building up on the machine. Old packaging is ideal for using as a cover.
|Problem ||Possible Cause ||Solution |
|After the power has been switched on, the pilot light does not illuminate and the heater does not work. ||1.The plug may not be plugged in properly. |
2.The temperature control dial is not turned into the right place.
|1.Check whether the plug is properly inserted into the plug socket. |
2.Check whether the temperature control dial is turned on past the 1 I position.
|The machine suddenly stops during heating. ||The temperature exceeds the threshold of the thermal cut-off. ||Let the machine cool down before using again. |
1 Year Guarantee from Shine-Mart Ltd, Trademark owners of Duronic Products.
NOTE: THESE STATEMENTS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER
This product has been manufactured under the strictest or quality control procedures, and using the highest quality of materials, to ensure excellent performance and reliability. It will give very good and 1ong lasting service, provided it is properly used and maintained. The product is guaranteed for 1 years from the date of original purchase. If any defect arises due to a faulty materials or poor workmanship, the faulty product must be returned to the original place of purchase. Refund or replacement is at the discretion of that company. Duronic Products are offered with a 1 year guarantee under the following conditions:
- The product must be returned to the retailer with original proof of purchase.
- The product must be installed and used in accordance with the instructions contained in this operating manual.
- It must be used only for domestic purposes.
- It does not cover wear and tear, malicious damage, misuse, neglect, inexpert repairs or consumable parts.
- Shine-Mart Ltd has no responsibilities for accidental or consequential loss or damage.
- Shine-Mart Ltd are not liable to carry out any type of servicing work, under the guarantee
- Valid in the UK only
This product is titted with CE.1363 plug and fuse Imported by Shine-Mart Ltd, RM3 8SB
Information on waste Disposal for Consumers of Electrical & Electronic Equipment.
This mark on a product and/or accompanying documents indicates that when it is to be disposed of, it must be treated as Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment, (WEEE).
Any WEEE marked products must not be mixed with general household waste, but kept separate for the treatment, recovery and recycling of the materials used.
For proper treatment. recovery and recycling; please take all WEEE marked waste to your Local Authority Civic waste site, where it will be accepted free of charge.
If customers dispose of Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment correctly, they will be helping to save valuable resources and preventing any potential negative effects upon human health and the environment, of any hazardous materials that the waste may contain.
Documents / Resources