DUPRAY Voilà Handheld Garment Steaming Instruction Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS FOR YOUR CLOTHES STEAMER.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- If the electrical cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Care should be taken when using the appliance due to the emission of high temperature steam.
- Always unplug the clothes steamer before attaching or detaching the accessories and during filling.
- Carefully read all instructions before operating this clothes steamer for the first time and save this instruction book for future reference.
- Any maintenance other than cleaning should be performed at an authorized service centre.
- Remove and safely discard any packaging material and promotional labels before using the clothes steamer for the first time.
- To eliminate a choking hazard for young children, remove and safely discard the protective cover fitted to the power plug of this clothes steamer.
- Do not place the clothes steamer near the edge of a bench or table during operation, ensure that the resting surface is level, clean and free of water and other substances.
- Always ensure the clothes steamer is properly assembled before use. Only use the attachments or accessories provided and specified in this book. Follow the instructions provided in this book.
- Do not use outdoors or in bathrooms.
- Do not leave the clothes steamer unattended when connected or in use.
- If the clothes steamer is not used for an extended period, disconnect the clothes steamer from the power outlet.
- Allow the clothes steamer to completely cool-down before storing.
- Always place the clothes steamer on its base when storing. Do not leave the clothes steamer unattended while connected.
- Do not store the clothes steamer with water in the water tank. Always empty the tank after use.
- Do not touch the soleplate surface. This clothes steamer allows the user to steam garments with a large flow of steam. High temperatures are generated during use which could cause burns. Always position your hands at the handle of the clothes steamer when holding it and warn others (especially children) of the possible dangers of burns from steam, hot water or hot parts, especially when clothes steaming vertically.
- Store the clothes steamer out of reach of children.
- The clothes steamer is not to be used if it has been dropped, if there are visible signs of damage or if it is leaking.
- The clothes steamer is designed for household use and to be used with tap water.
Do not put perfume or other chemicals in the tank. This appliance is not designed to work with other liquids.
- Do not touch the steam head during use. When using the clothes steamer, make sure the steamer head is facing away from you.
- Always test the clothes steamer on a small discreet part of the fabric to be steamed to ensure that the temperature is not too high for the fabric.
- To prevent damage to the clothes steamer do not use alkaline cleaning agents when cleaning; use a soft cloth and mild detergent.
- The clothes steamer incorporates a thermal safety fuse to protect the clothes steamer from over-heating. However, the clothes steamer should not be left unattended while it is connected to the power outlet. Special care should always be taken when there are children in the home/vicinity of the clothes steamer.
- Do not fill the water tank past the MAX indicator line as this may cause the water to leak.
- There may be leakage from the steam head if the clothes steamer temperature is not high enough to vaporize water and create steam. Therefore, ensure that the clothes steamer is always preheated for 2-3 minutes prior to use.
- Never use the clothes steamer while clothes are on the body. Do not direct the steam towards people or animals.
- Do not allow the cord to touch hot surfaces.
- Keep the clothes steamer clean. Follow the cleaning instructions provided in this book.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS FOR ALL ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
- Fully unwind the power cord before use.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a bench or table, touch hot surfaces or become knotted.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the power cord, power plug or appliance in water or any other liquid or allow moisture to come in contact with the part unless it is recommended in the cleaning instructions.
- It is recommended to regularly inspect the appliance. To avoid a hazard, do not use the appliance if the power cord, power plug or appliance becomes damaged in any way. Return the entire appliance to the nearest authorized service centre for examination and repair.
- This appliance is for household use only. Do not use this appliance for anything other than its intended use. Do not use in moving vehicles or boats. Do not use outdoors. Misuse may cause injury.
- Always turn the appliance to the ‘OFF’ position, switch off at the power outlet, unplug at the power outlet and allow all parts to cool.
- Do not place this appliance on or near a heat source, such as hot plate, oven or heaters.
- Position the appliance at a minimum distance of 20cm away from walls, curtains and other heat or steam sensitive materials and provide adequate space above and on all sides for air circulation.
- Steam trigger
- Steam trigger lock
- Water tank release buttons
- Water tank
- Power button
- Status indicator
- Electrical cord
- Delicate fabric accessory
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Remove any stickers or protective covers from the steam head.
- Unwind and straighten the cord before use.
TIP: When operating the garment steamer for the first time, allow it to steam for a few minutes. This will remove any impurities and odors that might have been left by the manufacturing process.
Warning: To avoid an electrical circuit overload, it is recommended that no other high wattage appliances are plugged into the same circuit as your clothes steamer when it is in use.
FILL THE WATER TANK
Press the water tank release buttons 5, pull out the water tank 6.
Open the water inlet cover and fill the water tank with tap water until it reaches the MAX line.
Always ensure the water tank is at least a third full or above minimum level. Do not exceed the MAXIMUM level when filling the water tank.
OPERATING YOUR CLOTHES STEAMER
- Once filled with water, connect the electrical cord 9 to your power supply then press the power button 7 on the back of the steamer.
- The status indicator 8 will light up orange.
- Wait for the status indicator to turn green. It will need approximately 30 seconds to be ready to use.
For serurity reasons, the steamer is programmed to turn off automaticaly after 7 minutes of inactivity.
HOW TO STEAM GARMENTS
The clothes steamer is easy to use and is ideal for removing wrinkles/creases from garments and curtains as well as refreshing furnishing fabrics. It can be used on most fabrics as long as the fabric is hanging or where the clothes steamer can be easily used in an upright position moving over the fabric in an up and down motion.
NOTE: the clothes steamer is designed to be used in an upright position on hanging garments. For occasional touch ups the steamer can be used in a horizontal position.
- Check that there is ventilation behind the fabric otherwise moisture may build up causing mildew.
- Check that garment pockets are empty and turn-ups such as cuffs and hems are down.
- Hang the garment from a hanger and stretch the fabric slightly with one hand checking that there is nothing behind the fabric that can be damaged by the steam.
NOTE: We recommend you do not steam over metal accessories. Use caution and steam around the metal accessories.
- Press and hold down the steam button. You will feel vibrations and hear a subtle humming sound while steaming; this is normal. Steam facing away from you and in an upright position.
- Gently press the stainless steel soleplate with or without the brush/soft cu attachment against the garment, moving your arm in an up and down motion targeting creases in the fabric.
- Release the steam button to stop the steam.
NOTE: Ensure that the fabric to be steamed is being stretched whilst steaming for best results.
WARNING: The clothes steamer generates high temperatures of steam. Do not touch the steam head, make sure the steamer is facing away from you in an upright position.
- If using the clothes steamer without an accessory, it’s best to keep a distance of at least 2 inches / 5 cm between the steam head and the garment.
HOW TO STEAM CURTAINS
Wash and dry curtains as directed, according to the fabric type.
Hang the curtains and steam when they are hanging in place.
Lightly stretch the curtain with one hand while steaming to help remove creases more easily.
HOW TO STEAM UPHOLSTERY
The clothes steamer can be used to help freshen up upholstery, slip covers on furniture and cushions from the furniture and in the room. Before steaming, always test on a small area of the fabric that is not visible.
Keeping the clothes steamer in an upright position and using an up and down motion, lightly steam over the fabric of your furniture. Cushions should be removed and held upright for steaming. Allow cushions to dry thoroughly before replacing on furniture.
It is recommended that you use the delicate fabric accessory when steaming delicate fabrics such as silk, this will minimize any damage to the garment whilst steaming. For better results when removing stubborn creases, remove the delicate fabric accessory attachment from the steam head and continuously steam over the selected area until creases are removed.
Only use the attachments or accessories provided.
If the unit becomes noisy with a loud humming sound and no steam is being generated, check the water level in the water tank. This may be an indication that the clothes steamer is out of water and needs to be refilled.
WARNING: If garment has metal accessories, be cautious and do not position the clothes steamer directly over the metal as this may discolour the metal.
WARNING: Always unplug the clothes steamer, and allow to cool down, before attaching or detaching the delicate fabric accessory.
WARNING: Do not use the clothes steamer directly on persons, animals, or while wearing the garments.
HOW TO INSTALL THE ACCESSORIES
The accessories clip on the steam head, on its top and under it.
Start by inscerting the bottom part then push the top part into place.
THE DELICATE FABRIC ACCESSORY
Use the delicate fabric accessory to help protect delicate fabrics such as silk, this will minimize any damage to the garment whilst steaming.
WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED USING THE STEAMER
Press the power button , switch the power off at the power outlet and disconnect the powercord from the power outlet.
Open the water tank inlet and (over a sink or bucket) invert the water tank to empty the remaining water from the tank.
Stand the clothes steamer on its base, in an upright position, and allow it to cool down.
CARE AND CLEANING
- Remove the delicate fabric accessory from its steam head and clean using a damp cloth.
- Do not use harsh or abrasive cleaning agents or solvents.
- Do not put the clothes steamer in water or any other liquid.
- Do not drop or throw the steamer.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the appliance.
- The clothes steamer is designed for household use only and to be used with normal tap water. Do not put perfume, vinegar, or other chemicals in the tank. The appliance is not designed to work with these chemicals.
- Always empty the water tank after each use and rinse with clean water.
- Wipe outer surfaces with a damp cloth.
- Avoid operating the appliance in humid or moist places.
- Do not place the appliance near a heat source or direct sunlight.
- Always ensure the steam outlet hole is clean and free from scaling and not blocked.
|The steamer does not heat up.||Check that the plug is inserted into the outlet correctly.|
|Check the power supply|
|Check the power button 7.|
|The steamer does not produce steam.||Check that the water level and the water tank 6 inlet cover is properly closed.|
|Firmly push the steam trigger button 2.|
|Hold the steamer in an upright position.|
|Make sure the hose in the water tank is not stuck and can reach the water.
|Water spills from the water tank.||Make sure that the water is not over the MAXIMUM level.|
|Make sure that the water tank inlet cover is properly closed.|
|Always use the steamer in an upright position as per the operating instructions.|
|The steamer is producing a loud humming or pumping sound||Check the water level; if there is no water or it is low, refill the water tank.|
|The steamer does not seem to be removing creases easily.||Hold the steamer in an upright position and stretch the fabric downward to ensure best results.|
|Unsure when to use the delicate fabric accessory.||Use to steam the fabric directly.|
|When steaming delicate fabric, such as silk to reduce the risk of water dripping onto the garment while steaming|
|Avoiding discolouring of metal accessories on the garment.||Do not directly hover the clothes steamer over metal accessories.|
|Use caution and steam around the metal accessories.|
- For a period of twelve (12) months following the purchase of the Product (the “Warranty period”), if the Client has used the Product under normal use and in strict conformity with the instructions and/or manual of operations provided by Dupray and discovers any defects in material orworkmanship and notifies Dupray in writing thereof during the Warranty period, Dupray shall use reasonable commercial efforts to repair or replace that portion of the Product found by Dupray to be defective in material or workmanship or refund the purchase price of the Product or replace the Product or a portion of same. If the product is not repairable, a refurbished equivalent product, or a replacement equivalent product or a store gift certificate equivalent to the current value towards the purchase of a new product will be issued. If Dupray exchanges the Covered Equipment, the original product becomes Dupray’s property and the replacement product is your property, with coverage effective for the remaining time of the Warranty period.
- For the Warranty period starting twelve (12) months after the purchase of the product to a maximum of twenty-four(24) months after the purchase of the product, the Warranty shall cover parts only, excluding accessories, shipping and handling costs. During that period, Dupray reserves the right to charge a Service fee for all Warranty claims, in order to repair or replace the defective Product with a replacement product that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. All replacement products provided under this Warranty will at a minimum be functionally equivalent to the original product.
Detailed Service fees are available at: dupray.com/servicefees
THE WARRANTY IS VOID:
- A) if the damage is a result of an accident, abuse, freezing, impact, alteration, non authorized usage, a major force, or use of other electricity than that indicated on the Product;
- B) if the product was used with other substances besides water in the water chamber;
- C) if repairs, modifications, or alterations were done by a person not authorized by Dupray;
- D) the owner or user neglected to do routine maintenance required and the damages or problems are directly related to such neglect. It is the Client’s responsibility to keep equipment in proper condition and to use exclusively Dupray cleaning products so as to not damage the internal components;
- Dupray offers a lifetime telephone support.
- It is understood that certain parts of the equipment are not covered by the Dupray warranty due to the fact they require replacement after multiple use. Such parts include,but are not limited to, buttons, hoses, seals, etc. These parts will eventually require replacement at the Client’s cost.
- Dupray makes no warranty or representation that the Product complies with any local laws, rules or regulations and Client shall be responsible for obtaining all permits or authorizations required by any regulatory body for installation or use of the Product.
- DUPRAY MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS AND THE WARRANTY STATEMENT IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, PROMISES, OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DUPRAY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS NOT STATED HEREIN. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS THAT MAY BE IMPOSED BY LAW ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD. DUPRAY’S LIABILITY FOR WARRANTY CLAIMS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH HERE IN.
- The Client understands that it shall strictly comply with the operation instructions or manual provided by Dupray in relation to the Product. FAILURE TO DO SO SHALL EXONERATE DUPRAY FROM ANY WARRANTY AND LIABILITY WHATSOEVER.
- This warranty is to benefit the original purchaser of the product. The warranty is not transferable beyond the original purchaser.
- Dupray may subcontract or assign performance of its Warranty obligations to third parties.
- Dupray is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Warranty that are due to events outside Dupray’s reasonable control.
- This warranty does not cover machines used for rental purposes.
Questions? We’re here to help
Documents / Resources
|DUPRAY Voilà Handheld Garment Steaming [pdf] Instruction Manual|
Voil, Handheld Garment Steaming, Voil Handheld Garment Steaming, Garment Steaming, Steaming
- Dupray | Best Steam Cleaners, Clothes Steamers, Steam Irons - dupray.com
- Service fees - dupray.com
- Service fees - dupray.com