Dupray ONE PLUS Steam Cleaner Instruction
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. children shall not play with the appliance.
- Keep the appliance out of reach of children when it is energized or cooling down.
- The appliance is not to be used if it has been dropped, if there are visible signs of damage or if it is leaking.
- Liquid or steam must not be directed towards equipment containing electrical components, such as the interior of ovens.
- The appliance shall not be left unattended while it is connected to the supply main.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- The appliance has to be unplugged after use and before carrying out user maintenance on the appliance.
- The appliance is provided with a boiler that produces steam under pressure: the boiler drain cap must not be opened during use. For this purpose read carefully the instructions indicated at paragraph (Cleaning the boiler) from page 19 of the present instruction manual.
CAUTION: -Risk of scalding.
- The appliance produce steam at a very high outlet temperature.
- The appliance and its accessories can get very hot.
- Avoid skin contact.
When using your steam cleaner, basic safety precautions should always be followed. Please read the following instructions carefully as they provide important information concerning how to install, use and care for your steam cleaner.
- Use the steam cleaner only for its intended use.
- To protect against a risk of electric shock, do not immerse the steam cleaner in water or any other liquids.
- The steam cleaner should always be turned off before plugging it into or unplugging it from a wall outlet. Never pull the power cord to disconnect it from the outlet; instead grasp the plug and pull to disconnect.
- Do not let the power cord touch hot surfaces.
- Let the steam cleaner cool completely before putting it away.
- Wrap the power cord around the posts that are positioned
in the rear of the steam cleaner when not in use.
- Do not operate the steam cleaner with a damaged cord, plug, safety device, hose, trigger gun or if the steam cleaner has been dropped or damaged. This will void any and all warranties. Please contact Dupray at +44 333 011 2660 for repair procedure.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not leave the steam cleaner on while unattended.
- Do not use this unit in the presence of explosive and/or flammable fumes.
- Keep ventilation slots free of dust.
- Never drop or insert any object into the ventilation slots.
- To prevent overheating, unravel the electrical cord completely.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- To disconnect, turn the main dial to the OFF position, then remove the plug from the main power.
- Never put your steam cleaner away while it is still hot. There is no need for emptying the water tank unless you intend to leave it unused for a long period of time.
- This product is intended for household use only. Follow all user instructions in this manual.
- Never pull the machine by the steam hose. Move the machine instead.
- Handle might get hot during use.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not use steam on electrical components.
- When using the steam cleaner on an uneven surface ensure the machine is blocked in place.
- Sound pressure levels do not exceed Lpa<70db (A).
WARNING: Do not use this machine in the presence of flammable liquids, dust or dusts that are hazardous to health.
WARNING: Operators shall be adequately instructed on the use of this steam cleaner.
CAUTION: This machine is for indoor use only.
CAUTION: RISK OF BURNS
This appliance produces steam at a very high temperature. The steam cleaner and its accessories can get very hot always use appropriate precautions. Avoid direct skin contact.
Steam is a powerful tool. Like any other tool, it should be used with caution. Certain surfaces, fabrics, materials and finishes are water and heat sensitive and can be damaged or discolored by steam. ALWAYS check with the manufacturer of the surface or product being cleaned before using steam.
TEST a small, hidden surface to make sure the surface can be steamed.
- DO NOT leave steam in one spot on any surface for any period of time with a wet cleaning cloth/pad attached as this will damage your floors.
- DO NOT use on unsealed wood, on wood or tile floors that are highly worn, unfinished or have a wax or oil finish.
Surfaces that have been treated with wax or no-wax floors may be damaged by heat.
- DO NOT use on leather, synthetic fabrics, velvet or other delicate, steam-sensitive materials.
- DO NOT use the steam cleaner for any other purpose than what is described in the instructions manual.
In no event is Dupray liable for incidental or consequential damages to anyone, of any nature whatsoever. Some states/provinces do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
To avoid a circuit overload, do not operate another high-wattage appliance on the same circuit simultaneously with the steam cleaner.
If an extension cord is necessary, a 13-amp rated cord should be used. Cords rated for less may overheat and cause damage.
Your steam cleaner has been designed for use with normal tap water. In order to extend the life of this product, if the water is very hard where you live, we recommend using 50% normal tap water combined with 50% distilled water.Check the water hardness in your area with the litmus paper supplied (the litmus paper supplied will only work once).
- Immerse the litmus paper in a glass of water for one second.
- Wait for the paper to dry and refer to the scale below.
- Soft water
- Medium hard water
- Hard water
- Very hard water
- For soft and medium hard water, it is okay to use regular untreated tap water.
- For hard water and very hard water, it is recommended that you use a combination of tap and distilled water.
WARNING: This hose contains electrical connections, do not immerse in water for cleaning.
HOW TO USE YOUR STEAM CLEANER
FILLING WITH WATER
Remove the water tank cap (2) and fill with up 2.44 L (or 0.64 gal) of water. Use the provided funnel if needed.
IMPORTANT: Never put anything else other than water in the boiler.
PLUGGING IN THE MACHINE
Unravel completely the electrical cord. Connect the electrical cord to a 13 amp 230V power outlet (make sure the circuit is not already used by another high wattage appliance).
TURNING THE MACHINE ON
Turn the main dial to the position. At this position the orange SteamReady™ indicator will come on when the unit reaches operating pressure, after approximately 6 minutes of heating time.
During use, the orange SteamReady™ indicator will turn on and off.
This is normal, and indicates that steam is being generated in the boiler.
CONNECTING THE STEAM HOSE
Connect the steam hose by inserting the steam hose connector in the steam hose connection outlet and press firmly. Make sure it cannot be pushed in any further and that the locking pin on the flap is in place.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the locking pin on the flap is inserted in the hose connection.
ADJUSTING THE STEAM PRESSURE
Adjust the desired steam pressure using the steam pressure regulator wheel located on the hose handle, from minimum (-) to maximum (+). Connect the accessory that you want to use to the steam hose.
To release steam, simply press the steam release trigger on the hose handle.
REFILLING WITH WATER
If the low water indicator comes on during usage and you would like to continue using the steam cleaner, you will need to follow these steps:
- When the water level inside the tank is low, the machine will hum every few seconds, then the red low water indicator will turn on and the low water alarm will sound.
- Refill the water tank with up to 2.44L (or 0.64 gal) of water and keep steaming. Equipped with CST™, your steam cleaner can be refilled with water at any time during operation.
TURNING THE MACHINE OFF
When you are done using your steam cleaner, turn the main dial to the OFF position and unplug the unit.
STORING YOUR STEAM CLEANER
It is safe to leave water in the boiler when the steam cleaner is not in use.
If it is for an extended period of time (months), then it is best to flush out the remaining water. To do so, follow the water removal instructions as outlined in the maintenance of the boiler section.
CAUTION : This machine shall be stored indoors only.
USING THE ACCESSORIES
The connector is used to attach the triangular tool or the rectangular tool to the extension tubes or the steam hose.
POSITION 1 – ASSEMBLY
Installing the connector
- Slide the white lever to the first position (Assembly).
- Insert the connector sideways, aligning the two white arrows.
- Rotate the connector to align the arrow with the white dot on the tool.
Removing the connector
- Align the white dot with the arrow on the connector.
- Slide the white lever to the first position (Assembly).
- Rotate the connector to align the two white arrows.
- Pull out the connector.
POSITION 2 – LOCKED
Slide the white lever to the second position (Locked) to prevent the tool from rotating.
Make sure the arrow on the connector and the dot on the tool are aligned before sliding the white lever.
POSITION 3 – ROTATION
Slide the white lever to the third position (Rotation) to allow the tool to rotate.Make sure the arrow on the connector and the dot on the tool are aligned before sliding the white lever.
The triangular tool is the best tool to disinfect. Use it with the microfiber cloth or the microfiber bonnet to insulate steam and provide a higher steam temperature to disinfect. The microfiber cloth or microfiber bonnet will also pick up dirt as you clean. Use the connector to attach the triangular tool to the steam hose or extension tubes. The bristles are made of a soft nylon to be delicate and safe on most surfaces. With steam these bristles quickly lose their original shape. This is perfectly normal. You can continue to use the brushes until the bristles are worn out.
The rectangular tool is used to clean floors, walls, and carpets. Use it with the microfiber cloth or the rectangular tool microfiber bonnet to insulate steam and provide a higher steam temperature to disinfect. The microfiber cloth or microfiber bonnet will also pick up dirt as you clean. Use the connector to attach the rectangular tool to the extension tubes or the steam hose. The bristles are made of a soft nylon to be delicate and safe on most surfaces. With steam these bristles quickly lose their original shape. This is perfectly normal. You can continue to use the brushes until the bristles are worn out.
The microfiber cloth is used to pick up dirt as you clean. It will also help insulate the steam to reach a higher steam temperature.
Use it on the triangular tool, the rectangular tool or to wipe off dirt after you steam with the lance. Machine washable.
ORDER MORE ON DUPRAY.COM
IMPORTANT: Always respect the surface that you are cleaning, adhere to the surface cleaning instructions. Do a colour test on a hidden section before you begin cleaning.
HOW TO INSTALL THE MICROFIBER CLOTH ON THE TRIANGULAR TOOL
FIRST, place the triangular tool on the center of the microfiber cloth.THEN, wrap the edges of the cloth around the tool and secure it under the clips.WELL DONE.
HOW TO INSTALL THE MICROFIBER CLOTH ON THE RECTANGULAR TOOL
FIRST, fold the edges of the microfiber cloth.THEN, place the rectangular tool on the center of the microfiber cloth. Secure the microfiber cloth under the clips.WELL DONE.
TRIANGULAR TOOL MICROFIBER BONNET
The microfiber bonnet is used with the triangular tool to pick up dirt as you clean. It will also insulate steam and provide a higher steam temperature to disinfect.
RECTANGULAR TOOL MICROFIBER FLOOR BONNET
The microfiber bonnet is used with the rectangular tool to pick up dirt
as you clean. It will also insulate steam and provide a higher steam temperature to disinfect.
The window tool makes cleaning windows easy. Use the foam side to scrub the window and flip the tool to wipe the dirt and condensation off using the squeegee. Wipe corners with a cloth.
CAUTION: During cold weather, warm up the windows with the window tool from a 2”-4” distance and with very little steam flow before starting the actual cleaning (to prevent possible damage to the window).
The plunger tool is used to unclog drains. Attach the plunger tool to the lance, place the tool firmly on the drain and blow steam inside the drain for a few seconds. Steam will melt away grease and remove odors.
Connect the steam hose to the extension tubes, pressing the locking button lightly until the button snaps in. You may connect any accessory to one or two extension tubes to extend your reach.
Use the lance alone to clean surfaces that are difficult to reach and prone to scratches, for example stainless steel or enamel. Use it with the nylon brush ( least abrasive ) or the brass brush for additional scrubbing action. Always be careful when using the brushes to prevent damage or scratching.
SMALL NYLON BRUSH
The small nylon brush, because of its softness, is ideal for cleaning grout, sink, or any surface requiring light scrubbing action. The bristles are made of a soft nylon to be delicate and safe on most surfaces. With steam these bristles quickly lose their original shape. This is perfectly normal. You can continue to use the brushes until the bristles are worn out.
SMALL BRASS BRUSH
Tougher cleaning jobs might require the use of the small brass brush. For surfaces where dirt cannot be removed by the nylon brush carefully, using the brass brush may give better results.
ORDER MORE ON DUPRAY.COM
IMPORTANT: Always respect the surface that you are cleaning, adhere to the surface cleaning instructions Do a colour test on a hidden section before you begin cleaning.
CLEANING THE BOILER
To maintain your steam cleaner in good condition and to ensure constant performance, we recommend that you periodically clean the boiler after every 20 hours of use or less depending on water hardness.
- Before cleaning the boiler, make sure that the boiler is at room temperature, that it has not been used
for at least 8 hours, and that the steam cleaner is disconnected from the power source.
- Turn the steam cleaner over and remove the boiler drain cap using the provided wrench, and empty all the remaining water from the boiler.
- Using the provided funnel, refill the boiler with equal parts of water and white vinegar ( for a maximum of 700ml or 23 oz )
and close the boiler cap. Let sit overnight.
- Drain the boiler, and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Refer to page 11 for instructions on how to refill and turn on the machine.
ATTENTION: It is not recommended that you use any other chemical to clean this product. Doing so will automatically void the warranty.
If the attachment connections dry up after intensive use, put a small amount of lubricant (Vaseline) around the O-rings on the male attachment.
- For a period of twelve (12) months following the purchase of the Product (the “Warranty period”), if the Client has used the Product under normal use and in strict conformity with the instruc-tions and/or manual of operations provided by Dupray and discovers any defects in material orworkmanship and notifies Dupray in writing thereof during the Warranty period,
Dupray shall use reasonable commercial efforts to repair or replace that portion of the Product found by Dupray to be defective in material or workmanship or refund the purchase price
of the Product or replace the Product or a portion of same. If the product is not repairable, a refurbished equivalent product, or a replacement equivalent product or a store gift certificate equivalent to the current value towards the purchase of a new product will be issued. If Dupray exchanges the Covered Equipment, the original product becomes Dupray’s property
and the replacement product is your property, with coverage effective for the remaining time of the Warranty period.
- For the Warranty period starting twelve (12) months after the purchase of the product to a maximum of thirty-six (36) months after the purchase of the product, the Warranty shall cover parts only, excluding accessories, shipping and handling costs. During that period, Dupray reserves the right to charge a Service fee for all Warranty claims, in order to repair or replace the defective Product with a replacement product that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. All replacement products provided under this Warranty will at a minimum be functionally equivalent to the original product.
Detailed Service fees are available at: dupray.com/servicefees
THE WARRANTY IS VOID:
- A ) if the damages a result of an accident, abuse, freezing, impact, alteration, non authorized usage, a major force, or use of other electricity than that indicated on the Product;
- B ) if the product was used with other substances besides water in the water chamber;
- C ) if repairs, modifications, or alterations were done by a person not authorized by Dupray;
- D ) the owner or user neglected to do routine maintenance required and the damages or problems are directly related to such neglect. It is the Client’s responsibility to keep equipment in proper condition and to use exclusively Dupray cleaning products so as to not damage the internal components;
- Dupray offers a lifetime warranty on boilers and a lifetime telephone support.
- It is understood that certain parts of the equipment are not covered by the Dupray warranty due to the fact they require replacement after multiple use.
Such parts include,but are not limited to, buttons, hoses, seals, etc. These parts will eventuallyrequire replacement at the Client’s cost.
- Dupray makes no warranty or representation that the Product complies with any local laws, rules or regulations and Client shall be responsible for obtaining all permits
or authorizations required by any regulatory body for installation or use of the Product.
- DUPRAY MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS AND THE WARRANTY STATEMENT IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, PROMISES, OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DUPRAY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS NOT STATED HEREIN. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS THAT MAY BE IMPOSED BY LAW ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD. DUPRAY’S LIABILITY FOR WARRANTY CLAIMS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH HERE IN.
- The Client understands that it shall strictly comply with the operation instructions or manual provided by Dupray in relation to the Product.
FAILURE TO DO SO SHALL EXONERATE DUPRAY FROM ANY WARRANTY AND LIABILITY WHATSOEVER.
- This warranty is to benefit the original purchaser of the product. The warranty is not transferable beyond the original purchaser.
- Dupray may subcontract or assign performance of its Warranty obligations to third parties.
- Dupray is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Warranty that are due to events outside Dupray’s reasonable control.
- This warranty does not cover machines used for rental purposes.
The symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead it shall be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more detailed information about recycling of this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product.
Documents / Resources
|Dupray ONE PLUS Steam Cleaner [pdf] Instruction Manual|
ONE PLUS Steam Cleaner, ONE PLUS, Steam Cleaner, Steam, Cleaner
- Dupray | Best Steam Cleaners, Clothes Steamers, Steam Irons - dupray.com
- Service fees - dupray.com
- Service fees - dupray.com