doro SmartWatch for Active Life
How to set up your Doro Watch
Doro Watch is not a medical device and does not replace a doctor. If you do not feel well, consult a doctor.
To turn on the watch for first use, it must be placed in the charging cradle.
Note! All illustrations are for illustrative purposes only and may not accurately depict the actual device.
This guide is for reference only. The actual device, including but not limited to the colour, size, and screen layout, may vary. The actual device and the items supplied may vary depending on the software and accessories available in your region or offered by your service provider. Your local Doro dealer provides additional accessories. The supplied accessories provide the best performance with your watch.
When you first get your watch, there is a few actions that you need to take before starting to use it.
Unbox your new watch
The first step is to unbox the watch and assess the items and equipment in-cluded in the delivery. Make sure to read through the manual so you can familiarise yourself with the equipment and the basic functions. For more information about accessories or other Doro products please visit www.doro.com or contact our Helpline.
- The items supplied with the device and any available accessories may vary depending on the region or service provider.
- The supplied items are designed for this device and may not be com-patible with other devices.
- Appearances and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
- You can purchase additional accessories from your local Doro retailer. Make sure they are compatible with the device before purchase.
- Only use chargers and accessories that have been approved for use with this particular model. Connecting other accessories may be dan-gerous and may invalidate the watch’s type approval and warranty.
Note! Before you start to use your new watch, remove the protection film that covers the device screen.
Requirements to use the watch
- An Android Smartphone or an Apple iPhone to use the Doro Companion app that connects with the Doro Watch and collects your exercise data. The phone should be compatible with:
- Android version 6.0 or later OR iOS version 9 or later
- Bluetooth version 4.0 or later
- Optional for Response by Doro assistance button function: Doro Smartphone (Android 10.0 or later)
- A Google account or an Apple ID to be able to download and install the Doro Companion app
Activate the watch
To turn on the watch for first use, it must be placed in the magnetic charging cradle.
Note! The watch needs to be paired with a smartphone that have the Doro Companion app installed. See Install Doro Companion, p.5.
Do the steps in the following order for a successful setup.
- Charge your watch, p.3.
Once you’ve charged your watch, it will automatically turn on. Wait for the watch to start.
- Install Doro Companion, p.5.
- Initial setup of the app, p.6.
When the setup of the watch is finalized you can continue with Using the watch, p.7.
Charge your watch
To turn on the watch for first use, it must be placed in the magnetic charging cradle.
Only use chargers and accessories that have been approved for use with this particular model. Connecting other accessories may be dangerous and may invalidate the watch’s type approval and warranty.We recommend that you fully charge it before first use.
- Insert the USB charging connector into the provided charger, then plug it into a wall socket.
- Alternatively, you can plug the included USB charging connector into a USB port on your computer, or any certified USB port that permits charging, 5V/500mA or above, maximum 5V/2A. Generally charging is quicker if plugged into the wall socket charger.
- Place the watch in the magnetic charging cradle.
Note! The watch will warn when the battery charging level is getting low. Charge the watch when possible.
Make sure the charging connectors, on both watch and charging cradle, are clean to assure good connection.
Back to Activate the watch, p.2
When you have fully charged the battery and have removed the watch from the charging cradle, we recommend that you unplug the charger from the wall socket.
Note! To save power, the screen is turned off after a while. Press the upper Menu button or simply lift your arm to activate the screen. If the battery is completely discharged, the device cannot be turned on immediately when the charger is connected. Allow a depleted battery to charge for a few minutes before turning on the device.
Install Doro Companion
Doro Companion is the app that links the watch with your smartphone. Download and install the Doro Companion app from Google Play store or Apple App Store on your smartphone. Use the provided QR code or simply search for “Doro Companion” in respective application store. To scan the QR code, please use a QR code scanner app like Doro QR scanner, Google Lens or a camera application that supports QR code scanning.
or click play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companion.wear
or click apps.apple.com/app/id1627230971
Initial setup of the app
Note! Bluetooth must be activated on your Smartphone.
- Start the app, view and click through the informative start-up guide, and allow the needed permissions and agreements.
- Doro Companion will automatically start and search for the watch to be able to connect with it.
- Make sure the display of your watch is lit. If not, see Charge your watch, p.3.
- Tap the found watch to pair it with the phone. Alternatively, if no match is found, tap Scan QR code to scan the QR code on the watch.
- On the watch, tap to confirm the connection.
- Tap Complete to complete the watch-phone connection.
Your watch is now setup, but please continue to finalize the app installation set-up.
- Select the country the watch will be used in.
Note! Country names might only be listed in English and cannot be changed later.
- Enter a Nickname for your profile.
- Enter your personal information.
- Allow some permissions needed for optimal performance.
- Tap Turn on to send phone notifications to the watch. Select Doro Companion to enable Allow notification and then go back to the Doro Companion app.
- A summary of your activity goals, notification settings, call alert and preferences is now displayed. Tap each field to set/change any setting and when done, press Let’s go! to finalise the initial setup.Back to Activate the watch, p.2
- Menu button
- Press to wake the screen.
- Press to access/exit the menu.
- Press and hold to power on/off.
IMPORTANT! To turn on the watch for first use, it must be placed in the magnetic charging cradle.
- Special function button
- Press and hold to activate the emergency assistance function on Response by Doro on supported Doro Smartphones. See Assistance button, p.19.
- Press and hold to activate “Find my phone” on all other Smartphones.
- Heart rate/oxygen saturation sensor
Note! The green light will flash occasionally, this is normal and it’s to measure heart rate, blood oxygen saturation and sleep data.
- Magnetic charging connector
Wear on your wrist
Place the watch on your wrist, with the display facing outwards. Adjust the strap to fit snugly for correct heart rate and blood oxygen saturation measurements. The strap should be placed approximately one finger away from the wrist.
Turn the watch on /off
To turn on the watch
- Press and hold the Menu button. Keep it pressed until the watch vi-brates and the display lights up.
To turn off the watch
- Press and hold the Menu button until the watch vibrates and Power off? is displayed.
- In the menu, tap to turn off the watch or to cancel.
Navigate your watch
Press the Menu button to activate the screen.
You can a finger-swipe the screen up and down left and right From the watch home screen you can swipe:
Up to display the status of the watch, including connection status with the smartphone and battery level.
Down to see the notifications received from the phone. Swipe up to see the list of notifications. Tap a notification to clear the notification and then tap the X. At the end of the list of notifications Clear all notifications. is displayed. Press to clear all notifications.
Left or right to view the shortcuts of your daily activity screens, like heart rate bpm (beats per minute) and steps. In the Doro Companion app, Distance and Calories can also be added to you shortcuts.
Your watch home screen displays the selected watch face.Press and hold to select a different watch face by swiping left or right . Tap the screen to select the wanted watch face. Load more watch faces in the Doro Companion app.
Press the Special function button (lower button) to:
- Initiate an emergency assistance alarm, if you have a compatible Doro smartphone that supports Response by Doro. See Assistance button, p. 19.
- Initiate Find phone to find your smartphone. Works on all smart-phones not supporting Response by Doro.
If not lit, press the Menu button to activate the screen.
While the watch face is displayed, press the Menu button to access the menu.
Tap the display for Exercise mode Swipe up or down for other menu options.
Note! It’s recommended to start an exercise from the app instead to enable location tracking, see Exercise tab, p.15.
Swipe up or down to select exercise. Tap the display to start a Walking exercise. The exercise will automatically start after 3 seconds.
- Swipe up or down for other exercise data.
- Press the Menu button to pause the exercise registration.
- Press the Menu button again or tap to resume.
- Tap to stop the exercise.
Tap the display to start a Running exercise. The exercise will automatically start after 3 seconds. Swipe up or down for other exercise data. Tap the display to start a Cycling exercise. The exercise will automatically start after 3 seconds. Tap the display to start a Fitness exercise. The exercise will automatically start after 3 seconds.
Tap to view your daily health data, Activity. Swipe right to view:
- Steps walked during the day.
- Distance covered during the day.
- Calories burned during the day.
Tap to measure your current Heart rate. Swipe right to view your highest and lowest heartrate during the day.
Note! The watch supports continuous heart rate measurement as well as checking of heart rate data throughout the day. You can turn this feature on or off in the app settings. Tap to view your sleep data, Sleep. The data can show the quality of your sleep.
Note! The watch can only record your sleep data if worn when you sleep.
Tap to measure you current blood oxygen saturation level, Blood oxygen. Blood oxygen is a measure of the amount of oxy-gen in the protein (hemoglobin) in your red blood cells. To function properly, your body needs a certain level (above 90%) of oxygen circulating in the blood.
Tap to find your phone, Find your phone.
Tap to start the ring/vibration on your phone. Tap X to stop. Tap to set your watch Settings.Tap to adjust the following:
- Backlight to set how many seconds the display should be lit.
- Brightness to set the brightness of the dis-play. Level 2 is for normal conditions.
- Watch face to select watch face. Select a watch face by swiping left or right. Tap the screen to select the displayed watch face.
- Reset watch to reset the watch to factory settings. This can be used if you want to connect with another phone. All user data in the watch will be deleted. Tap to confirm reset. The watch needs to be paired again with the Doro Companion app. The watch can also be deleted from the Doro Companion app.
- Power off the watch to power off the watch. This action can be useful, to save energy, if you don’t intend to use the watch on a daily basis.
- About to see the watch software version and MAC address.
The phone app, Doro Companion
Your Doro Companion app is now setup and ready for use. The app is divided by 4 tabs.
- Health displays your daily activity, health data, activity exercises and completed activity goals.
- Exercise to select and start an activity exercise.
- Watch to manage your clock settings and health-tracking reminders.
- Me displays your personal information and help information.
- Refresh button to update the data to/from the watch.
- Tap to add more watches.
- Daily activity data. Tap to see more detailed data in other time frames.
- Daily step data. Tap to see more detailed da-ta in other time frames.
- Sleep: recorded sleep data. The data can show the quality of your sleep.
Note! The watch can only record your sleep data if worn when you sleep.
- HR: recorded heart rate data. The data can show your heart rate changes, depending on activity. Tap to see more detailed data.
- SpO2: recorded blood oxygen saturation lev-el data. Tap to see more detailed data. Sports Records: recorded activity exercises. Tap to see more detailed data.
- Edit Card to add, remove or change order of the visible health cards.
- Medals, see your medals when you hit the set goals. See MeSettingsMy Goals on Me tab, p.18.
Note! We recommend that you start an exercise from the app instead of the watch to allow location tracking.
The phone must be worn throughout the exercise to allow continuous location tracking.
- Select the type of exercise:
- Check that the GPS signal (location) is re-ceived if it’s an outdoor exercise and you want to review your movement afterwards.
- Adjust the settings for the exercise:
Note! This is not needed to set for every exercise, as it is remembered for your next training.
- Training Goal to set any specific training goal.
- Sound notification to be notified when a distance interval is achieved.
- Heart Rate Zone to set you heart rate zone, that also can give an alert if/when your heart rate is too high.
- Tap Start to initiate your exercise. Exercise data will be displayed in both app and watch.
- to pause the exercise.
- to resume the exercise.
- to stop the exercise.
- End to finish the exercise.
Exercise data can be reviewed in Sports Records, see Health tab, p.14.
- Select the displayed watch. This is only possible if you have more than one watch connected.
- Tap the watch to:
- Device upgrades to check if there is a watch upgrade available. If an upgrade is available you will be notified and we always recommend you to perform the upgrade.
- About to see the watch detailed information.
- Restart the device to restart the watch if it should stop functioning. Confirm with OK
- Delete device: All information on the device will be deleted, and the device will be unpaired from the phone and reset to factory default settings. Confirm with OK.
- See the available watch faces. Tap the chosen watch face to install. Tap More to see more available watch faces online.
- Notifications and reminders to set what notifications should be allowed on the watch. Tap Set and select Doro Companion to make sure that notifications to the watch are allowed.
- Call Alert to allow incoming calls notification on the watch. Tap 3-second delay to delay the call notification.
- Alarm Clock to view and set alarm on both phone and watch. Tap /Add alarm to add an alarm. Up to 10 alarms can be added. Set the time for the alarm and if it should be repeated. You can also set a name for an alarm.
- Health tracking to set:
- HR to set if your heart rate should be measured continuously when wearing the watch and how often it should be measured. Your heart rate will be measured in real-time during an exercise, regardless of this setting.
- Tap Walking to set Walk-around Reminder. During the remaining period you set, you will be reminded to get up and walk the 50th minute each hour if you have not reached your target steps per hour.
- More settings to set:
- Do Not Disturb mode when enabled, the watch will not alert with notifications during the set time.
- Lift your wrist to turn on the screen when enabled, the watch will automatically turn on the screen when you lift your hand.
- Screen brightness to set the watch screen brightness.
- Shortcuts to add, remove or change the order of the health cards when swiping left or right on the watch home screen.
- Device Language to set the watch language. Normally the watch will follow the set system language on the phone.
- How to use to get some additional help with your watch and the Doro Companion app.
In the Me tab you can set your personal information. This is an important basis for measuring heart rate, calorie consumption, stride length, pace and other data.
- The nickname you choose during setup is displayed. Tap Edit to change any personal information.
- My Data to view your collective activity, health, and exercise data.
- Health Report to view your weekly health report.
- Settings to set:
- My Goals to set your goals for steps and weight.
- Preferences to set your preferences for units, the start of the week, and the time format.
- Clear Cache to clear temporarily stored data to free up memory on the phone.
- Help to get some additional help with your watch and the Doro Companion app.
- Check for Updates to check if there is a newer version of the app available. If an upgrade is available you will be notified and we always recommend you to perform the upgrade.
- About to see the app version and approved agreements. You also have the possibility to withdraw the agreement consent, which means that the app will stop working.
The Doro Watch can also be paired with a Doro smartphone (Android 10.0 and later) to provide more peace of mind for both the user and their relatives. When paired, the lower button functions just like the smartphone’s assistance key, activating the Response by Doro app, to alert trusted contacts that help is needed.
Press and hold the lower button for 3 seconds to initiate an alarm.
Note! Response by Doro needs be set up on a compatible Doro smartphone (Android 10.0 and later) for this to work. Phone and watch must also be within range of wireless Bluetooth communication between the devices. This is normally 5-10 meters in the same room.
Care and maintenance
Your unit is a technically advanced product and should be treated with the greatest care. Negligence may void the warranty.
- Waterproof performance: the device is not suitable for diving, swimming in the sea or sauna; it is suitable for swimming pool, shower (cold water) and swimming in shallows.
- Do not use or keep the unit in dusty, dirty environments.
- Do not keep the unit in warm or cold places.
- Do not drop the unit. Do not knock or shake it either. If it is treated roughly the cir-cuits and precision mechanics can be broken.
- Do not use strong chemicals to clean the unit.
The advice above applies to the unit, battery and other accessories. If the unit is not work-ing as it should, please contact the place of purchase for service. Don’t forget the receipt or a copy of the invoice.
Correct disposal of this product
(Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment) (Applicable in countries with separate collection systems)
This marking on the product, accessories or manual indicates that the product and its electronic accessories (e.g. charger, headset, USB cable) should not be disposed of with other household waste. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, please separate these items from other types of waste and recycle them responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. Household users should contact either the retailer where they purchased this product, or their local government office, for details of where and how they can take these items for environmentally safe recycling. Business users should contact their supplier and check the terms and conditions of the purchase contract. This product and its electronic accessories should not be mixed with other commercial wastes for disposal. This product is RoHS compliant.
Correct disposal of batteries in this product
(Applicable in countries with separate collection systems)
The marking on the battery, manual or packaging indicates that the battery in this product should not be disposed of with other household waste. Where marked, the chemical sym-bols Hg, Cd or Pb indicate that the battery contains mercury, cadmium or lead above the reference levels in EC Directive 2006/66. If batteries are not properly disposed of, these substances can cause harm to human health or the environment.
To protect natural resources and to promote material reuse, please separate batteries from other types of waste and recycle them through your local, free battery return system.
EU Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Doro declares that the radio equipment type DWO-0420 (Doro Watch) is in compliance with Directives: 2014/53/EU and 2011/65/EU including delegated Directive (EU) 2015/863 amending Annex II. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.doro.com/dofc.
UK Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Doro declares that the radio equipment type DWO-0420 (Doro Watch) is in compliance with the relevant UK legislation.The full text of the UK declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.doro.com/dofc
Ecodesign declaration, energy efficiency for external power supply
Hereby, Doro declares the external power supply for this device is in compliance with Commission Regulation (EU) 2019/1782 regarding ecodesign requirements for external power supplies pursuant to Directive 2009/125/EC.The full information regarding the ecodesign requirements is available at the following in-ternet address: www.doro.com/ecodesign
- Bluetooth (MHz):
- Dimensions Height:
- 3.8 V / 300 mAh Li-Polymer battery
- Display Size:
- Charging time:
- Battery life:
- Operating ambient temperature:
©2022 Doro AB. All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources