This appliance has a two-year warranty period. During this period the manufacturer is responsible for any failures that are the direct result of construction failure. When these
failures occur the appliance will be repaired or replaced if necessary. The warranty will not be valid when the damage to the appliance is caused by wrong use, not following the
instructions, or repairs executed by a third party. The guarantee is issued with the original till receipt. All parts, which are subject to wear, are excluded from the warranty.
Date of purchase
This symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead, it must be brought to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more detailed information about recycling of this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product. The packaging is recyclable. Please treat the packaging ecologically.
From now on, accessories and parts of Domo appliances can also be ordered online from the Domo webshop*:
You can reach the webshop through the Domo website as well: www.domo-elektro.be. The accessories and parts can also still be obtained at the store where you bought the appliance.
If the power supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
This appliance may be used by children from the age of 8 and up, and also by persons with a physical or sensory limitation, as well as mentally limited persons or persons with a lack of experience and knowledge. But only on the condition that these persons have received the necessary instructions on how to use this appliance in a safe way and know the dangers that can occur by using this appliance.
Children cannot be allowed to play with the appliance. Maintenance and cleaning of the appliance may not be done by children, unless they are older than 8 years old and are under supervision. Keep the appliance out of reach of children younger than 8 years old.
This appliance is suitable to be used in a household environment and in similar surroundings such as:
- Kitchen for personnel of shops, offices, or other similar professional surroundings
- Hotel or motel rooms and other surroundings with a residential character
- Guest rooms or similar
Attention: This appliance cannot be used with an external timer or a separate remote control.
- Read all instructions before use.
- Before use, check if the voltage stated on the appliance corresponds with the voltage of the power net at your home.
- Do not let the cord hang on a hot surface or on the edge of a table or countertop.
- Never use the appliance when the cord or plug is damaged, after a malfunction, or when the appliance itself is damaged. In that case, take the appliance to the nearest qualified service center for check-ups and repair.
- Close supervision is necessary when the appliance is used near or by children.
- The use of accessories that are not recommended or sold by the manufacturer can cause fire, electrical shock, or injuries.
- Unplug the appliance when it is not in use, before assembling or disassembling any parts, and before cleaning the appliance. Put all buttons and knobs into the ‘off’ position and unplug the appliance by grasping the plug. Never unplug by pulling the cord.
- Do not leave a working appliance unattended.
- Never place this appliance near a gas stove or electrical stove or in a place where it may come into contact with a warm appliance.
- Do not use the appliance outdoors.
- Only use the appliance for its intended use.
- Always use the appliance on a steady, dry, and level surface.
- Only use the appliance for domestic use. The manufacturer can not be held responsible for accidents that result from improper use of the appliance or not following the instructions described in this manual.
- All repairs should be carried out by the manufacturer or its aftersales service.
- Never immerse the appliance, the cord, or the plugin in water, or any other liquid.
- Make sure that children do not touch the cord or appliance.
- Keep the cord away from sharp edges and hot parts or other heat sources.
- Before use, remove all packaging materials and any promotional stickers.
- Front grill
- Fan blades
- Plastic screw
- Rear grill
- Screw for fastening rear grill
- Motor drive
- Oscillation button
- Control Panel
- Attaching clip
- Button to change the fan direction
FASTENING THE BASE AND THE MOTOR
Remove the screw from the base of the fan.
Place the motor on the base and push it down until it clicks.
Use the screw to fasten the motor and the base to each other.
FASTENING THE GRILL AND THE FAN BLADES
Remove the spinner from the motor drive (or remove it from the packaging). Loosen the plastic screw from the motor drive. Position the grill behind the motor drive and
use the plastic screw to fasten the grill. (Fig. 1)
Place the fan blades on the motor drive. Make sure the pin on the motor drive fits perfectly behind the fan blades (Fig. 2). Use the spinner to fasten the fan blades on the
Position the front grill on the rear grill and fasten them together with the help of the attaching clip. Finally, use the screw at the top of the rear grill to fasten both halves of
the grill together firmly. (Fig. 3)
Speed regulation with the help of the 4 buttons on the control panel.
1: low speed
2: high speed
To allow the fan to oscillate, push in the oscillation button. To stop oscillating, pull the button up.
To direct the ventilation up or down. Unscrew the button on the side of the motor drive. Push down or pull up gently on the grill to adjust the direction up or down. Fasten the button again.
This fan requires very little maintenance. Never try to repair the fan yourself. If it is defective, have it checked and/or repaired by a qualified person.
Prior to assembling the fan or cleaning it, remove the plug from the outlet.
Keep the rear grill free of dust and other substances in order to allow free circulation of the air around the motor. Do not disassemble the fan to remove dust from the motor.
You may clean the exterior of the machine with a soft moist cloth and a mild detergent. Carefully dry the machine afterward.
Never use corrosive or abrasive products to clean the machine.
Make sure that no water gets into the motor of the machine.
ORDER the original
accessories and parts online at:
or scan here:
LINEA 2000 – Dompel 9 – 2200 Herentals – Belgium
Tel: +32 14 21 71 91
Fax: +32 14 21 54 63
Documents / Resources
|DOMO DO8138 Desk Fan [pdf] Instruction Manual|
DO8138 Desk Fan, DO8138, Desk Fan