Cuisinart CPT-520 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster Instruction Manual
When using an electrical appliance, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Always unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before cleaning or handling.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or lever.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse cord or plug or place any part of the toaster in water or other liquids. See instructions for cleaning.
- This appliance should not be used by or near children or individuals with certain disabilities. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, after the appliance has malfunctioned or has been dropped, dropped in water or damaged in any way, or if it is not operating properly. Return the toaster to the store or retailer where purchased for examination, repair or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by Cuisinart may cause injury.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over the edge of the table or countertop or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place toaster on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Do not use this toaster for anything other than its intended use.
- Over sized foods, metal foil packages or utensils must not be inserted in the toaster, as they may involve a risk of fre or electric shock.
- A fire may occur if the toaster is covered or touching flammable materials, such as curtains, draperies or walls, when in operation. Do not operate under wall cabinets.
- Do not attempt to dislodge food when the toaster is plugged into an electrical outlet.
- To avoid possibility of fire, do not leave toaster unattended during use.
- To disconnect, push the activation lever towards CANCEL, then remove plug from wall. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts.
- Do not operate your appliance in an appliance garage or under a wall cabinet. When storing in an appliance garage, always unplug the unit from the electrical outlet. Not doing so could create a risk of fire, especially if the appliance touches the walls of the garage or the door touches the unit as it closes.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
SPECIAL CORD SET INSTRUCTIONS
A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Longer extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
If a long extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance, and the longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
NOTICE: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will ft in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not ft fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not ft, contact a qualifed electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Unwind the power cord. Check that the crumb tray is in place and that there is nothing in the toaster slots. Plug power cord into the wall outlet.
- Insert slice(s) of bread
- Select desired bread options and/or functions
Choose among White Bread, English Muffn, Pastry, Whole Wheat, Bagel or Waffe for your bread type and select Defrost and/or Single-Slice if desired. Alternatively, use the Memory Button to retrieve one of your 4 saved settings. Press the Memory Button until your desired memory setting is displayed (if this option is chosen, skip to step 4).
- Set the browning level
Use the Toast Shade button to select your desired shade setting. The shade number will be displayed. Shade range is as follows:
- To begin toasting
Press the Activation Bar down towards Toast. The motorized carriage will lower the bread into the toasting chamber and toasting will begin. Countdown bars will fash to indicate how much toasting time remains.
- To stop cycle
When the toasting cycle is finished, the toast will be raised and three audible tones will sound. If you wish to stop the cycle before it is finished, simply press the Activation Lever up towards CANCEL.
- After use, unplug the toaster from the electrical outlet.
NOTE: After 3 minutes of no operation, toaster will go into sleep mode, Digital Display will turn off. Press any button or push down the activation bar, and the Digital Display will turn on.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Dual Toasting Slots: Wide slots accommodate a variety of bread types.
- Digital Display: Shows selected shade and bread settings, the memory function and provides a countdown so you know when your toast will be ready.
- Bread Type Button: Press to select desired bread function (White Bread, Pastry, Bagel, English Muffn, Whole Wheat, Waffe). Selected bread will fash during programming and be lit solid during toasting.
- Toast Shade Button: Press to select desired shade level (1-7). Currently selected shade setting will be displayed.
- Memory Button: MemorySet feature to program up to 4 of your favorite settings. See page 5 for more details.
- Toast/Cancel Activation Bar: Activate the toasting function by pressing the bar down towards TOAST; the motorized carriage will lower the bread into the toasting chamber. Press the bar up towards CANCEL to stop the toasting process and automatically lift the bread.
- Audible Tone: (not shown) Lets you know when toasting is finished
- Defrost Button: Defrosts then toasts frozen bread. LED indicator will illuminate when selected.
- Single-Slice Button: Evenly toasts, side to side. LED indicator will illuminate when selected.
- QuickView Button: Press during toasting to momentarily lift the bread to observe the shade status without interrupting the toasting cycle. See page 6 for more details.
- +30 Secs Button: Can be used to toast for 30 seconds or to extend an originally selected browning shade setting for an additional 30 seconds.
- Slide Out Crumb Tray: (not shown) A removable tray located on back of toaster that collects crumbs and slides out for easy cleaning.
- Cord Storage (not shown): Wraps the excess cord to keep countertop neat.
The MemorySet feature is designed to easily save up to 4 of your preferred toast settings.
To program a memory setting
- Select desired bread options and/or functions and toast shade.
- Press and hold the Memory Button until the M lights and 1 flashes on the display.
- Select your desired memory setting number by pressing the Memory Button until the desired number (1-4) flashes.
- Confirm by pressing and holding the Memory Button again until flashing stops. Or, if nothing is pressed for 3 seconds, flashing will stop automatically and setting display will be saved.
NOTE: Any memory function setting can be revised by repeating the steps above and overriding the current setting.
NOTE: Memory settings will remain saved even when toaster is unplugged.
To easily erase all memory settings:
- Unplug the toaster.
- Press and hold the BREAD TYPE and MEMORY buttons together.
- Keep pressing BREAD TYPE and MEMORY buttons while plugging toaster into the power outlet. Once the three beeps stop, release buttons and all memory settings should have reverted to default (White Bread, shade 4) .
The BREAD TYPE function is designed to toast, or defrost (in conjunction with the DEFROST setting) various types of bread based on their unique properties. Some breads require more or less time due to density, sugar content, and other factors.
The WHITE BREAD function is designed for soft, white sandwich breads. These breads are made mostly of refined white four and are more commonly known as the sliced, packaged varieties found in the supermarket bread aisle, labeled as country or farmhouse white.
The BAGEL function is designed to toast bagels to perfection by reducing heat on one side of the toasting slot. This toasts the cut side of the bagel slightly more than the other side.
A directional icon located on the top of the toaster shows you the correct way to insert your bagel. (The cut side should always face away from center of the pair of toasting slots.)
The WHOLE WHEAT function is designed for unrefined, nutrient-dense breads made from 100% whole grains, or mostly whole grains, including varieties such as whole wheat, sprouted whole grains, rye, oat, fax, etc.
The ENGLISH MUFFIN function adds extra time to the toasting cycle to allow for a more dense bread type.
The WAFFLE function is designed for waffes. Select DEFROST for frozen waffes.
The PASTRY function is designed for toaster pastries. Exercise caution; the flling can become quite hot, long before the surface of the pastry becomes browned. Start by using the lightest setting. Never leave toaster pastries unattended while toasting.
The DEFROST function is a longer cycle designed to first defrost and then toast the bread to the desired browning shade. LED indicator will illuminate when selected.
The SINGLE function generates balanced heat for even toasting on just one slice of bread. While both slots heat up, the heaters automatically adjust time and intensity to ensure great results with even side-to-side browning. LED will illuminate when selected.
The QUICKVIEW™ feature allows you to check on the toasting progress without interrupting the cycle. Simply press the button during toasting to momentarily lift the bread to observe the shade status. The bread will automatically lower back down and continue toasting without interrupting the cycle.
NOTE: The QuickView™ function can be activated a maximum of three times during a toasting cycle. Operating the QuickView™ function more than once will affect the toast color.
The +30 SECS function allows you to extend the toasting time by 30 seconds.
If selected during toasting cycle:
- The +30 Secs LED indicator will flash. Current shade countdown will be paused. Upon completion of the 30-second cycle, the originally selected browning shade cycle will resume.
If selected after toasting cycle has completed:
- The +30 Secs LED indicator will light and shade setting will disappear. Once toasting begins the +30 Secs indicator will flash until time has elapsed.
TIPS AND HINTS
Notes on Browning
Toasting is a combination of cooking and drying of the bread. Therefore, differences in moisture level from one item to another can result in varying toasting times.
- For lighter, airier, or slightly dry breads, use a lower setting than normal.
- For very fresh bread, use the Whole Wheat setting.
- For breads with uneven surfaces, similar to English muffins or crumpets, use the English Muffin setting.
- For thicker, denser, or very fresh breads, use a higher browning setting than normal. Very thick slices may require a second cycle.
- When toasting raisin or other fruit breads, remove any loose raisins, etc., from the surface of the bread before placing into the toaster. This will help prevent fruit pieces from falling into the toaster or sticking on the guide wires in the slots.
- Before toasting bagels, slice into two equal halves.
Frozen Bread, Waffles, Pancakes, French Toast and Bagels Use the Defrost function to defrost, and then toast these items. Simply insert the frozen item, select desired function, select Defrost, select desired browning setting (1–7) and then press down the bar to start.
For Best Results
- Never force foods into the toasting slots. Foods should ft freely between the guide wires.
- Do not place buttered breads in the toaster, as this could create a fire hazard.
- Uneven toasting is usually due to inserting slices of uneven thickness.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Always allow the toaster to cool completely before cleaning.
- Always unplug the toaster from the electrical outlet before cleaning.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners. Simply wipe the exterior with a clean, damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- To remove crumbs, slide out the crumb tray and discard crumbs. Wipe clean and replace. Never operate the toaster without the crumb tray in place.
- To remove any pieces of bread remaining in the toaster, unplug the toaster, turn it upside down and gently shake. Never insert any hard or sharp instruments into the slots, as this could damage the toaster and cause a safety hazard.
- Never wrap the cord around the outside of the toaster. Use the cord storage cleats on the underside of the toaster.
- Any other servicing should be performed by an authorized service representative.
|Why won’t my unit turn on?||Make sure your unit is plugged into a functional outlet. If this doesn’t solve the issue, call our Consumer Service Center at 1-800-726-0190.|
|Why does the bread go up and down repeatedly and/or display shows an “E” while my toaster beeps?||Your bread may have gotten caught. This happens most often when the bread is too thick for the slot. Unplug the toaster, let it cool down and check that the bread is not stuck and try running a toast cycle with no bread.
If the issue persists, call our Consumer Service Center.
Why do both heaters turn on when I select Single Slice?
|It is normal for both heaters to turn on. They are internally programmed to adjust the intensity and time when Single Slice is selected.|
|Can I add time during the toasting cycle?||Yes, you can add time to the toasting cycle by increasing your shade level or pressing the +30 Secs button.|
|I can’t get my Memory settings to reset, what should I do?||Try following the steps 1-3 on page 5 of this instruction booklet.
Make sure you are pressing the BREAD TYPE and MEMORY buttons while plugging the unit back in the outlet.
Limited Three-Year Warranty
This warranty is available to U.S. consumers only. You are a consumer if you own a Cuisinart® 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster that was purchased at retail for personal, family or household use. Except as otherwise required under applicable law, this warranty is not available to retailers or other commercial purchasers or owners. We warrant that your Cuisinart® 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster will be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal home use for 3 years from the date of original purchase.
We recommend that you visit our website, https://cuisinart.registria.com/, for a fast, efficient way to complete your product registration. However, product registration does not eliminate the need for the consumer to maintain the original proof of purchase in order to obtain the warranty benefits. In the event that you do not have proof of purchase date, the purchase date for purposes of this warranty will be the date of manufacture.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY
California law provides that for In-Warranty Service, California residents have the option of returning a nonconforming product (A) to the store where it was purchased or (B) to another retail store that sells Cuisinart products of the same type. The retail store shall then, according to its preference, either repair the product, refer the consumer to an independent repair facility, replace the product, or refund the purchase price less the amount directly attributable to the consumer’s prior usage of the product. If neither of the above two options results in the appropriate relief to the consumer, the consumer may then take the product to an independent repair facility, if service or repair can be economically accomplished. Cuisinart and not the consumer will be responsible for the reasonable cost of such service, repair, replacement, or refund for nonconforming products under warranty. California residents may also, according to their preference, return nonconforming products directly to Cuisinart for repair or, if necessary, replacement by calling our Consumer Service Center toll-free at 1-800-726-0190. Cuisinart will be responsible for the cost of the repair, replacement, and shipping and handling for such nonconforming products under warranty.
HASSLE-FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
Your ultimate satisfaction in Cuisinart products is our goal,so if your Cuisinart® 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster should fail within the generous warranty period, we will repair it or, if necessary, replace it at no cost to you. To obtain a return shipping label, e-mail us at www.cuisinart.com/customer-care/product-assistance/product-inquiry. Or call our toll-free customer service department at 1-800-726-0190 to speak with a representative.
Your Cuisinart® 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster has been manufactured to the strictest specifications and has been designed for use only in 120-volt outlets and only with authorized accessories and replacement parts. This warranty expressly excludes any defects or damages caused by attempted use of this unit with a converter, as well as use with accessories, replacement parts or repair service other than those authorized by Cuisinart. This warranty does not cover any damage caused by accident, misuse, shipment or other than ordinary household use. This warranty excludes all incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of these damages, so these exclusions may not apply to you. You may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Important: If the nonconforming product is to be serviced by someone other than Cuisinart’s Authorized Service Center, please remind the service to call our Consumer Service Center at 1-800-726-0190 to ensure that the problem is properly diagnosed, the product is serviced with the correct parts, and the product is still under warranty.
Glendale, AZ 85307
Printed in China
Documents / Resources
|Cuisinart CPT-520 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster [pdf] Instruction Manual|
CPT-520 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster, CPT-520, 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster
|Cuisinart CPT-520 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster [pdf] Instructions|
CPT-520, 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster, CPT-520 2-Slice Motorized Digital Toaster, Digital Toaster