Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
EE-5301, EE-5301-BF, EE-5301G, EE-5301GW, EE-5301P, EE-5301P-BF, EE-5301TP, EE-5301W, EE- 5301W-BF, EE-5301O, EE-5301B, EE-5301GR, EE-5301GR-BF, EE5301BK, EE-5301RO, EE-5301PW, EE-5301T-BF, EE-5301TR, EE-5301CW, EE5301CH, EE-5301GT, EE-5301TGR
PLEASE READ AND SAVE ALL INSTRUCTIONS TO ENSURE THE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE USE OF THIS HUMIDIFIER.
If you have any questions about the operation of your humidifier, please contact Crane Customer Care.
Toll Free: 1-888-599-0992
SAVE YOUR DATED PROOF OF PURCHASE!
[ You will need this in case of warranty ]
CRANE & SUSTAINABILITY
Crane USA is dedicated to your environment both inside and outside your home. We know if cleaned and maintained properly, our products last for years helping to reduce unnecessary use of resources and emissions making new products.
The Crane manual you are holding is from recycled materials with no added finishes or harmful dyes. If the humidifier should no longer operate, please be sure to dispose of the unit in an environmentally friendly way
by taking it to a public collection point.
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE BROKEN HUMIDIFIERS WITH YOUR REGULAR HOUSEHOLD WASTE.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING! READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS. Failure to follow all of the instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
- It is advisable to carry filled Water Tank with two hands.
- DO NOT operate outdoors. This humidifier is intended for indoor use only.
- Always have water in the Water Tank when operating the unit.
- Use only clean, cool tap water to fill the Water Tank (filtered or distilled water is recommended to avoid white dust if tap water is too hard. DO NOT use hot water.
- Be sure that the Water Tank Cap is firmly tightened on Water Tank. Always have the Mist Lid in place while the unit is operating. Place the humidifier so the mist aims away from children, walls, furniture and electrical appliances.
- Use only a 110-120VACoutlet.
* ALWAYS plug and unplug unit with dry hands to avoid electric shock.
- Never operate the unit with a damaged cord or plug.
- Always place the unit on a smooth, flat, lint-free, non-metallic, waterproof and level surface and position unit away from direct sunlight. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces and areas where it could be walked on or tripped over. Unplug the unit when not in use and whenever you clean or move the unit.
- Do not add medication of any type into the Water Basin or Water Tank. Do not cover any openings on the unit or insert objects into any openings.
- The unit should not be left unattended in a closed room as the air could become saturated and leave condensation on walls or furniture. Leave room door partly open when humidifier is being operated.
- When cleaning the inside of the humidifier, keep water away from the Fan Vent. Turn off and unplug the humidifier to wipe the exterior (except the electrical controls) with a damp cloth. Humidifier requires regular cleaning. Please refer to the CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS in this manual.
- Do not tilt or tip the humidifier or attempt to empty or fill it while it is in operation.
- Do not use a detergent to clean any parts of the unit that contain water. Detergent film dissolved in the water supply can interfere with the output of the unit. Instead, always use white vinegar mixed with water to clean the humidifier.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
GENERAL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING! Read and understand all instructions. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire or serious personal injury. The warnings, cautions, and instructions discussed in this Instruction manual cannot cover all possible conditions and situations that may occur. It must be understood by the user that common sense and caution are a factor which cannot be built into this product, but must be supplied by the user.
THIS HUMIDIFIER IS NOT A TOY!
Do not let your child play with this humidifier. Serious injury and electrocution might be possible. This humidifier has to be operated by an adult only. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the humidifier.
SAVE ALL INSTRUCTIONS!
CAUTION: A short Power Supply Cord is provided to reduce the risk of personal injury resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Extension cords are available from local hardware stores and may be used if care is exercised in their use. If an extension cord is required, special care and caution is necessary. Also the extension cord must be (1) marked with an electrical rating of 125 V and at least 13 A., 1625 W., and (2) the cord must be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop w here it can be pulled on by children or accidently tripped over.
If the electric circuit is overloaded by other appliances, your humidifier and/or appliances may not operate properly. The humidifier should be operated on a separate electrical circuit from other operating appliances.
This humidifier has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature to reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
Although your humidifier is easy to operate, for your safety, the below warnings must be followed:
- Do not place the humidifier near a heat source.
- Never leave the humidifier unattended while connected to the electrical outlet.
- To avoid any accidents, never cover the Mist Lid when the humidifier is in operation.
- Use the humidifier on a smooth, flat, lint-free, non-metallic, waterproof, and level surface away from water.
- Do not unplug from the wall socket by pulling on the supply cord.
- The humidifier must be unplugged:
A. Before either filling or emptying the Water Basin and/or Water Tank.
B. Before any cleaning or maintenance is performed.
C. After each use.
D. If it appears to be faulty.
THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
LIST OF MAIN PARTS
|Fig. 1 (Humidifier Base)
|Fig. 2 (Bottom of Water Tank)
5. Mist Outlet Channel
|Fig. 3 (Mist Lid)
7. Mist Output Slot
|Water Tank Capacity Run Time Per Tank||Approx. 1 Gallon / 3.78 Liter|
|Humidifying Capacity Noise Level||Up to 24 hours|
|Rating Voltage||Up to 500 sq. ft.|
|Wattage||< 37 decibels from 3 ft away|
BEFORE EACH USE:
CHECK HUMIDIFIER PLACEMENT:
Place the Humidifier on an elevated, non-metallic, lint-free, waterproof, level surface at least 2 feet above the floor.
• DO NOT PLACE ON CARPET OR TOWEL. The fan vent is located on the bottom of the humidifier base. The fan vent MUST NOT be obstructed.
• DO NOT PLACE ON WOOD SURFACE or near furniture that can be damaged by too much moisture.
CHECK WATER LEVEL SENSOR:
Make sure the Water Level Sensor is secured properly and not obstructed. (Page 4 – Fig. 1)
- DO NOT attempt to operate the humidifier without water in the Water Tank.
- DO NOT plug or unplug the Power Cord with wet hands as electric shock could occur.
ASSEMBLY & USE
ALWAYS use fresh cool water when operating the humidifier.
- Turn Water Tank upside down, unscrew Water Tank Cap and fill with cool water only.
ALWAYS HOLD WATER TANK WITH TWO HANDS WHEN FULL.
DO NOT fill water all the way to the rim.
DO NOT use hot water.
DO NOT add any medication, essential oils, or salt.
DO NOT pour water into Mist Lid.
- Screw Water Tank Cap back onto Water Tankand turn the tank over to place on Humidifier Base, making sure it fits together securely.
Note: Do not attempt to move the humidifier while full Water Tank is placed on the Humidifier Base. Doing so may cause leakage of water and/or Humidifier Base to overfill.
- Plug the power cord into a wall socket and turn on the unit by using the Control Dial.
- The Power Indicator Light will illuminate in green indicating that there is enough water in the Humidifier Base and mist will begin emitting through the Mist Lid.
- Use the Control Dial to adjust the intensity of the mist output.
SET THE CORRECT HUMIDITY OUTPUT: Adjust the Control Dial so the mist rises up to be
absorbed by the room air. If mist drops quickly, turn down the control knob until the mist is rising up.
- When the humidifier runs out of water, the Power Indicator Light will turn red and the mist output will top. This is a safety feature to prevent the humidifier from possibly overheating and damaging the Nebulizer. Turn the humidifier off and unplug the unit before removing and refilling the water tank. When emptying the base, be sure to pour away from the fan outlet.
A NOTE ABOUT HUMIDITY
- Toreduceexcessivehumidityorcondensation,especiallyinsmallrooms,leavetheroom door open and adjust mist intensity to the low output setting.
- Too much humidity in the room may allow moisture to accumulate on surfaces where bacteria and fungi can grow. Moisture that gathers may also damage furniture and walls, especially wallpaper.
Cleaning and disinfecting on a regular basis is important for maintaining the performance of your humidifier.
IMPORTANT: Water left in the tank or base when not in use may result in buildup of mineral deposits and bacteria which may inhibit the output efficiency as well as void the warranty. If water remains in the Water Tank for more than a day or two, bacterial growth is possible.
- Turn off, unplug from outlet and empty water from tank & base daily.
- Allow tank & base to airdry.
- Leave cap off the tank until ready for next use.
- Turn off, unplug from outlet and empty water from tank &base.
- Fill the water tank halfway warm water and add 2 Tablespoons of white vinegar.
Shake vigorously and let sit for 30 minutes. Empty tank and rinse with plain water.
- Fill base with warm water, add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and let sit for 30
min. Empty base & rinse with plain water. Make sure to pour water away from the fan outlet when emptying.
TIP: Clean the nebulizer with a damp cloth or cotton swab after soaking.
- Allow tank & base to air dry and leave cap off the tank until the next use.
NEVER IMMERSE HUMIDIFIER BASE IN WATER.
END-OF-SEASON MAINTENANCE & STORING YOUR HUMIDIFIER
- Turn off, unplug from outlet, and empty water from tank &base.
- Follow instructions for weekly maintenance above.
- Let all parts dry completely.
- Store humidifier in a cool, dry place.
CRANE CUSTOMER CARE
DO NOT attempt to repair the motor yourself.
If the humidifier continues to not operate, please contact Crane Customer Care.
|Indicator Light is Staying Red:||
|Humidifier Does Not Have Any Power:||
|There is a Strange Odor:||
|Indicator Light is Green, But There’s No Mist:||
|White Dust Appears & Settles Outside the Humidifier:||
|Humidifier is Leaking:||
NOTE: Spare Parts can also be purchased online at http://www.crane-usa.com
For more information regarding the warranty policy,
please visit our website: www.crane-usa.com/customer-service
L I M I T E D W A R R A N T Y
Thank you for purchasing a Crane product which has been tested to meet our stringent qualitstandards. This product is warrantied to be free from manufacturing defects under normal use conditions for 1 year.
PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT TO THE STORE.
CALL CRANE CUSTOMER CARE FOR PROBLEMS AND QUESTIONS. WE CAN HELP.
WARRANTY REQUIRES A DATED PROOF OF PURCHASE.
This warranty is void if the defect is due to accidental damage, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper repair or
alteration by unauthorized persons, or a failure to follow operating instructions provided with the product
including the use of essential oils directly into the tank and base. This warranty does not apply to normal
wear and tear or commercial use.
In no event shall liability exceed the purchase price paid by the purchaser of the product. Under no circumstances shall there be liability for any loss – direct, indirect or incidental – or consequential damage
arising out of, or in connection with the use of this product.
This warranty is valid only in the 48 contiguous states plus the District of Columbia and excludes Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the United States of America.
Any instructions or warranty included in this manual may be subject to change without notice. For the most up-to-date instructions and warranty information, please contact us or visit our website.
TO RECEIVE WARRANTY INSTRUCTIONS AND RETURN AUTHORIZATION,
PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL CRANE CUSTOMER CARE.
Documents / Resources
|Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier [pdf] User Guide|
Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, EE-5301, EE-5301-BF, EE-5301G, EE-5301GW, EE-5301P, EE-5301P-BF, EE-5301TP, EE-5301W, EE-5301W-BF, EE-5301O, EE-5301B, EE-5301GR, EE-5301GR-BF, EE5301BK, EE-5301RO, EE-5301PW, EE-5301T-BF, EE-5301TR, EE-5301CW, EE5301CH, EE-5301GT, EE-5301TGR
- USA Location information - USA.com
- Crane USA - Humidifiers & more to keep you breathing easy!
- Crane USA - Humidifiers & more to keep you breathing easy!
- User Manual