Crane Personal 1500w Ceramic Heater EE-7589
If you have any questions about the operation of your heater, please contact Crane Customer Care.
Toll Free: 888-599-0992
PLEASE READ AND SAVE ALL INSTRUCTIONS TO ENSURE THE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE USE OF THIS HEATER.
SAVE YOUR DATED PROOF OF PURCHASE!
[ You will need this in case of warranty ]
CRANE & SUSTAINABILITY
Crane USA is dedicated to your environment both inside and outside your home. We know if cleaned and maintained properly, our products last for years helping to reduce unnecessary use of resources and emissions making new products.
The Crane manual you are holding is from recycled materials with no added finishes or harmful dyes. If the heater should no longer operate, please be sure to dispose of the unit in an environmentally friendly way by taking it to a public collection point.
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE BROKEN HEATERS WITH YOUR REGULAR HOUSEHOLD WASTE.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING! READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS. Failure to follow all of the instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
- This product is intended for indoor, non-commercial, household use for temporarily heating residential rooms. Do not use the product for any other purpose.
- Do not leave the product unattended while it is in use. Always unplug the product from the electrical outlet when it is not in use.
- Keep the product out of the reach of children and pets. This product is not intended for use by children.
- Place the product on a flat, steady, stable, heat-resistant surface. Never place the device directly in front of or under a socket.
- This product has hot parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored, as there may be a risk of fire or explosion.
- Use the product in a well-ventilated area. This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch a hot surface. Use handle when moving this heater. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, paper, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 meters) from all sides of the heater.
- Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or personal injury.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any opening on the heater as this may cause an electric shock, fire, or product damage.
- Do not use this product to dry or heat clothing, shoes, pipes, or any other item.
- This heater is not intended for use in damp/wet locations.
- Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- Do not move the product when it is heated. Allow the product to thoroughly cool before handling it.
- Plug the product into a standard 120V AC electrical outlet.
- Do not allow the Power Cord to hang (e.g., over the edge of a table or counter) or place/run the Power Cord under rugs, carpeting, or in high-traffic areas where it may be tripped over or pulled.
- To disconnect the product, press the Power button on the display panel and then remove the plug from the electrical outlet. Never pull on the Power Cord when disconnecting from power outlet.
- Do not put any stress on the Power Cord where it connects to the product, as the Power Cord could fray and break.
- Do not plug or unplug the product from the electrical outlet with wet hands.
- Keep the Power Cord and product away from heated surfaces.
- Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug, after the heater malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the product to a service facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
TO PREVENT A POSSIBLE FIRE, DO NOT BLOCK HEAT IN ANY MANNER. IN ORDER TO AVOID OVERHEATING, DO NOT COVER THE HEATER. NEVER COVER THE TOP OR BOTTOM HEAT VENTS.
CAUTION: Do not use this device with a programmer, timer switch or any other device which would switch the device on automatically; There is danger of a fire if the device is covered or incorrectly located.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
GENERAL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING! Read and understand all instructions. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire or serious personal injury. The warnings, cautions, and instructions discussed in this instruction manual cannot cover all possible conditions and situations that may occur. It must be understood by the user that common sense and caution are a factor which cannot be built into this product, but must be supplied by the user.
- To avoid a circuit overload when using this product, do not operate another high-wattage product on the same electrical circuit.
- Avoid the use of extension cords because the extension cord may overheat and cause a risk of fire.
SAVE ALL INSTRUCTIONS!
CAUTION: A short Power Supply Cord is provided to reduce the risk of personal injury resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Extension cords are available from local hardware stores and may be used if care is exercised in their use. If an extension cord is required, special care and caution is necessary. Also the extension cord must be (1) marked with an electrical rating of 125 V and at least 13 A., 1625 W., and (2) the cord must be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidently tripped over.
If the electric circuit is overloaded by other appliances, your heater and/or appliances may not operate properly. The heater should be operated on a separate electrical circuit from other operating appliances.
This heater has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature to reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
Although your heater is easy to operate, for your safety, the below warnings must be followed:
- Do not place the heater near a heat source.
- Never leave the heater unattended while connected to the electrical outlet.
- To avoid any accidental burns, never place hands on vents or sides when the appliance is in operation.
- Use the heater on a stable surface away from water.
- Do not unplug from the socket by pulling on the power cord.
- The heater must be unplugged:
A. Before any cleaning
B. After each use
C. If it appears to be faulty
THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
LIST OF MAIN PARTS
CAUTION: DO NOT touch the grill cover during or after operation as it may be hot.
It is normal for the heater to emit some odor when it is turned on for the first time or after a long period of time not being used. The odor will disappear once the heater has been running for a short time.
UNPACKING YOUR HEATER
- Place the heater on a flat, steady, stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Plug the power cord into a standard 120 VAC electrical outlet.
* The indicator light will show the heater is plugged into a power source.
- Turn the control knob to either the low or high heat position.
- Allow the heater to run until the room temperature reaches your desired comfort level.
SAFETY & OVERHEAT PROTECTION
This heater has protection safeguards (including a tip-over switch on the bottom of the heater) to shut the unit off when components become excessively hot or if the unit tips over.
- If the heater becomes overheated, it will shut down automatically and the heater will turn off.
NOTE: The red indicator light will go off; You may smell a slight odor due to the coils overheating. This is normal and the odor will subside.
- Remove any nearby objects that may be causing the heater to overheat. Keep at least three feet of space on all side of the unit to allow adequate air circulation.
- Use the heater in a well-ventilated area.
- Place on a flat, smooth, stable surface.
- The heater will restart automatically when it has cooled sufficiently. NOTE: The cool down period could take 30-45 minutes. When the heater is cooled, the red power light will come back on and heater will begin to emit heat.
PLEASE NOTE: Regardless of the type of heating system setup, always install and maintain at least one smoke detector in good working condition on each floor of your home. Periodically check and/or replace the battery in your smoke detector with a fresh battery.
OPERATION & USE
- The Ceramic Heater must be placed upon a firm, level surface.
- Plug the power supply cord into an electrical outlet. Be sure plug fits tightly in the outlet. A loose fit will cause overheating and damage the plug. Plug/cord may feel warm during normal usage.
- Turn thermostat knob to the maximum position
- Turn the control knob to the desired function: Fan Cool, Heat I, Heat II
- Turning the Oscillating Switch to the “ON” position will allow the unit to oscillate left and right. To stop the oscillation, turn the oscillating switch to the “OFF” position.
- To turn the unit OFF, rotate control knob to the “O” position, then remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- When the unit is on the heat setting, turn the thermostat knob to the desired temperature.
- When desired temperature is reached, turn the thermostat knob counterclockwise until the unit clicks off. The red indicator light will turn off.
- When the room temperature drops, the unit will begin to emit heat and red indicator light will illuminate.
NOTE: It is normal for the heater to cycle on and off to maintain the desired temperature. Avoid overloading your circuit by not using other high wattage appliances in the same outlet. (See parts on page 4 to view control & thermostat knobs)
CAUTION: Always be sure the heater is switched OFF, unplugged and completely cooled before cleaning or attempting to store the item. Do NOT immerse heater in water or allow water to drip into the interior of the heater, as this could create an electric shock hazard.
Allow product to completely cool before handling, cleaning or storing.
- Use a soft, slightly damp cloth to clean the exterior enclosure
- Clean the air inlet and outlet regularly with a vacuum cleaner
- Remove the back panel to wash the filter with warm water. Air dry and replace filter and panel before use.
- Never attempt to use gasoline, alcohol or chemical solvents to clean the heater
- Store the ceramic heater in a clean, dry place when not in use.
NOTE: Regardless of the type of heating system setup, always install and maintain at least one smoke detector in good working condition on each floor of your home. Periodically check and/or replace the battery in your smoke detector with a fresh battery.
Allow the heater to cool completely. Store heater with cord in a dry location & do not place any heavy items on top during storage as this may result in damage. Store the cord in a clean, dry location away from metal objects. Always check the plug before use to assure metal items have not become attached.
CRANE CUSTOMER CARE
CALL US: 888-599-0992 (Mon-Fri 9:00am – 4:00pm CST)
EMAIL US: email@example.com
LIVE CHAT: available at www.crane-usa.com
For more information regarding the warranty policy, please visit our website: www.crane-usa.com/customer-service
Thank you for purchasing a Crane product which has been tested to meet our stringent quality standards. This product is warrantied to be free from manufacturing defects under normal use and conditions for 1 year.
PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT TO THE STORE.
CALL CRANE CUSTOMER CARE FOR PROBLEMS AND QUESTIONS. WE CAN HELP.
WARRANTY REQUIRES A DATED PROOF OF PURCHASE.
This warranty is void if the defect is due to accidental damage, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper repair or alteration by unauthorized persons, or a failure to follow operating instructions provided with the product. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or commercial use.
In no event shall liability exceed the purchase price paid by the purchaser of the product. Under no circumstances shall there be liability for any loss – direct, indirect or incidental – or consequential damage arising out of, or in connection with the use of this product.
This warranty is valid only in the 48 contiguous states plus the District of Columbia and excludes Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the United States of America.
Any instructions or warranty included in this manual may be subject to change without notice. For the most up-to-date instructions and warranty information, please contact us or visit our website.
TO RECEIVE WARRANTY INSTRUCTIONS AND RETURN AUTHORIZATION, PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL CRANE CUSTOMER CARE.
CRANE USA, INC. 1015 Hawthorn Dr., Itasca, IL 60143
Toll Free: 1-888-599-0992 (Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm CST) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.crane-usa.com
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!