Smart Door Locks Pairing Instructions
With the Smart Door Lock from Homelife, you can lock and unlock your doors, or check the status of your locks from anywhere using your Homelife mobile app or online Subscriber Portal. Follow these steps to install and pair your new Smart Door Lock with the Homelife system.
- Replaces standard deadbolts; must be separate from the door handle
- Fits standard doors 1 3/8” – 2” thick (no hollow core doors)
- Installs easily with Phillips screwdriver; no hardwiring needed
- Requires 4 AA batteries, not included
Expected Installation Time: 30 – 45 minutes
Install the Door Lock
- Locate the Kwikset Installation Guide inside your Door Lock box
- Follow steps 1 through 15 to install the lock on your door
- Skip steps 16, 17, and 18, which are for Z-Wave locks only (not applicable)
- Continue with steps 19 through 24.
- When you reach step 25, and follow the pairing steps below.
Do not attach the back cover yet.
NEED HELP INSTALLING YOUR
Call Kwikset 1-866-863-6584
Watch Installation Video
Before you begin, watch the Smart Door Locks installation video at cox.com/diyhomelife on your mobile device, tablet or computer.
Pair Door Lock with Touchscreen
- On your Touchscreen Control Panel, press the Settings app.
- Enter your 4-digit master keypad code.
- From the Settings menu, select Home Devices > Door Locks > Add Door Lock.
- The Locating Door Lock Devices screen will appear. Press Next to begin the pairing process.
- Now, at your door lock, press the A button on the inside panel 4 times to put it into pairing mode.
- Go back to the Touchscreen. Once the door lock is found by the Touchscreen, it will begin pairing. (Note: Do not press Done during the pairing process.)
- When the “Door Lock” icon appears, pairing is complete. Press Done. Then press Next to configure the device.
If pairing is unsuccessful, you can reset the lock by pressing the B button 9 times. This should allow you to restart the pairing process by pressing the A button 4 times.
Configure Door Lock
- On the Configure Door Lock Devices screen, press the “Door Lock” icon to configure it.
- Tap the ‘Door Lock Name’ field to display a keyboard and enter the desired name for the door lock (example: Front Door).
- Press Next to complete configuration. Press the Touchscreen’s home button to return to the home screen.
Program User Codes
- Now, at your door lock, press the Program button on the inside panel one time.
- On the door lock’s keypad, enter a new user code between 4 and 8 digits.
- Press the Lock button once.
- The keypad will flash green and beep once to indicate programming was successful.
- Repeat the process to program additional user codes.
Complete Door Lock Installation
- Attach the back cover of the door lock and secure it with the provided hex screws.
- Make sure the door latch operates properly by locking and unlocking the door.
Locking the Door
- Press the Lock Button.
Note: If no user codes are programmed, the Lock button will be disabled.
Unlocking the Door
- Press the Lock button (optional, but necessary in order to illuminate the keypad).
- Enter a valid User Code.
Note: If three incorrect codes are entered consecutively, or if three timeouts occur within one minute, the keypad will be locked for 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, you may try again.
Congratulations, the installation and pairing process is now complete!
You can now set up Rules to get notifications when someone enters or leaves your home, or trigger actions such as turning on connected lights when you unlock the door.
To learn more about Door Locks or Rules, and find other helpful information, visit us online at cox.com/diyhomelife
For Homelife technical support, call 1-877-404-2568