Coopers G675 Red Comfort Grip Knife Sharpener Instruction Manual
- Power details
220-240V AC; 50HZ; 40W
- Power cord length
21cm x9cm x9.5cm
ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS / INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
Unpack the components carefully. Please check all parts have been removed from the packaging.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- WHEN USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED. SAFETY PRECAUTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO USING THE KNIFE SHARPENER.
- WARNING: THIS ELECTRIC KNIFE SHARPENER OPERATES ON AN ELECTRIC CURRENT AND COULD POSE A RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK IF USED CONTRARY TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
- WARNING: KNIVES CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY IF NOT HANDLED PROPERLY AND CAREFULLY.
- WARNING: NEVER INSERT THE TIP OF THE KNIFE INTO THE SHARPENER AS IT COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE KNIFE AND/OR SHARPENER AND SERIOUS INJURY.
- FOR DOMESTIC USE ONLY. DO NOT USE OUTDOORS.
- TO PROTECT AGAINST ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT IMMERSE CORD, PLUG OR APPLIANCE, IN WATER OR ANY OTHER LIQUID.
- CLOSE SUPERVISION IS NECESSARY WHEN USING THE ELECTRIC KNIFE SHARPENER NEAR CHILDREN.
- ALWAYS CHECK THAT THE KNIFE SHARPENER IS TURNED OFF BEFORE PLUGGING THE CORD INTO THE OUTLET, AND THEN TURN THE KNIFE SHARPENER ON. TO DISCONNECT, TURN THE KNIFE SHARPENER OFF BEFORE REMOVING THE CORD FROM THE OUTLET.
- UNPLUG FROM OUTLET WHEN NOT IN USE AND BEFORE CLEANING.
- DO NOT LET CORD HANG OVER THE EDGE OF A TABLE OR COUNTER, OR TOUCH HOT SURFACES.
- DO NOT PLACE ON OR NEAR HEAT SOURCES.
- USE ON A LEVEL, STABLE SURFACE.
- CAREFULLY ROUTE THE CORD TO AVOID DAMAGE FROM KNIFE BLADES WHILE SHARPENING.
- DO NOT TOUCH ANY MOVING PARTS INSIDE THE ELECTRIC KNIFE SHARPENER.
- IF ELECTRIC KNIFE SHARPENER BECOMES HOT WHILE IN USE, UNPLUG IT FROM THE OUTLET.
- IF ELECTRIC KNIFE SHARPENER MALFUNCTIONS OR BECOMES DAMAGED IN ANY WAY, RETURN IT TO THE SERVICE CENTRE.
- DO NOT USE DEVICE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN ITS INTENDED USE
- DO NOT OPERATE ANY APPLIANCE WITH A DAMAGED CORD OR PLUG OR AFTER THE APPLIANCE MALFUNCTIONS, OR HAS BEEN DAMAGED IN ANY MANNER. WE RECOMMEND THAT THE POWER CORD IS NOT KINKED OR STORED IN A TWISTED MANNER, AND THAT YOU REGULARLY CHECK ITS CONDITION.
- DO NOT COVER THE ITEM IN ANY WAY WHEN IN USE AS THIS MAY CAUSE OVERHEATING.
- DO NOT USE THIS APPLIANCE FOR ANY OTHER USE THAN THE INTENDED USE IT IS DESIGNED FOR.
- ENSURE THERE IS SUFFICIENT DISTANCE BETWEEN THIS APPLAINCE AND OTHER ITEMS ON THE WORK SURFACE OR WORK STATION, OR SUFFICIENT DISTANCE BETWEEN THE APPLIANCE AND THE CONFINES OF THE AREA IN WHICH IT IS SITUATED. WE RECOMMEND A MINIMUM CLEARANCE AROUND ALL FACES OF AT LEAST 10CM.
- BEFORE USE, CHECK THOROUGHLY FOR ANY DEFECTS AND DO NOT USE IF DEFECTS ARE FOUND. TAKE CARE NOT TO DROP THE APPLIANCE AS HEAVY IMPACTS MAY CAUSE INTERNAL DAMAGE.
- THE USE OF ANY ACCESSORY ATTACHMENTS NOT RECOMMENDED BY COOPERS OF STORTFORD MAY CAUSE INJURIES AND INVALIDATE ANY WARRANTY YOU MAY HAVE.
- SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
TWO-STAGE ELECTRIC KNIFE SHARPENER
- For sharpening fine-edge blades only.
- Ideal for most carbon steel or stainless steel 20°angle kitchen knives.
- Do NOT attempt to sharpen sporting knives, serrated knives, electric knives, scissors, or any blade that does not properly fit in the sharpening slot.
- 40 Watts, 220-240V, 50Hz.
USE AND CARE
Please read these instructions carefully. Retain these instructions for future use.
PRIOR TO USE:
Each stage has two slots, one for either side of the blade
Stage 1 is designed to remove any dull or misaligned metal from the blade edge
Stage 2 completes the knife sharpening process by creating a sharp, precision edge
- Blade should be clean and dry before sharpening.
ALWAYS clean the knife blade and remove any metal filings before and after use. Wipe the blade with a clean, dry cloth.
- Place the unit on a dry, clean, and stable table top or countertop.
- Before first-time use, slowly draw the knife through each sharpening slot to learn the contact point of the blade and sharpening wheel.
- Plug in the sharpener, and then turn the power switch on.
- ALWAYS turn on the sharpener before starting the sharpening process. Failure to do so could cause damage to the knife, sharpener, or you.
- WARNING: NEVER insert the tip of the knife into the sharpener, as it could cause damage to the knife and/or sharpener and serious injury.
HOW TO USE:
- lowly draw the knife towards you, from the heel to the tip of the blade, applying light pressure to ensure the blade contacts the sharpening wheel.
- Draw the knife through each stage several times, alternating sides (Sharpening each side of the blade should take 5-10 seconds per side depending on blade length).
- For a finishing touch, pass through
*If you feel the knife could be sharper, return to
Stage 1 and repeat the process. After completing both stages, your knife should be razor sharp.
- To avoid injury, do not run your finger along the blade to check if the blade is sharp. To check if the blade is sharp, begin cutting or slicing through food, if the blade is sharp, it will cut through food easily with minimal pressure.
- Should cutting or slicing through food not feel like an easy task, you may need to repeat the sharpening process.
- Carbon steel knives may spark when in contact with sharpening wheels; this is normal. If a large amount of sparking occurs, unplug the sharpener
- Stalling may occur if too much downward pressure is applied while drawing the knife through, if this occurs, stop sharpening, use less pressure, and begin again.
- MAKE SURE THE SHARPENER IS UNPLUGGED BEFORE CLEANING
- The exterior of the Electric Knife Sharpener can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
- NEVER use abrasive cleansers on any part of the Electric Knife Sharpener.
- NEVER immerse the sharpener in water or any other liquid.
- To remove excess metal filings collected by the magnet, periodically open the access panel on the bottom of the sharpener, and wipe with a damp cloth.
This appliance is fitted with a moulded BS 1363 13-amp plug. If you have to replace the fuse, only those that are ASTA or BSI approved to BS1362 and with a rated current of 13-amps should be used.
f there is a fuse cover fitted, this cover must be re-fitted after changing the fuse. If the fuse cover is lost or damaged the plug must not be used. Spare fuse holders and fuses are available from electrical outlets. If the socket outlets in your home or office are not suitable for this product’s plug, the plug must be removed and disposed of safely.
Attempts to insert the plug into the wrong socket is likely to cause electric hazard.
- Dispose of all packaging, paper, cartons, plastic and plastic bags in accordance with your local recycling regulations
- Plastics: This is made from the following plastic.
Low Density Polyethylene ABS
- At the end of the product’s lifespan please dispose of it at an authorised household waste recycling centre.