CONAIR PG1000 Battery Powered Ear and Nose Hair Trimmer Instruction Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
- Use close supervision when the appliance is used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Use only attachments recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate the appliance if it is not working properly, has been dropped or damaged. If appliance has fallen into water, do not reach for it. Drain the water, let the unit dry, be sure unit is off and then replace the battery.
- Do not use the appliance with teeth missing from the blades, as injury may result. Before each use, make certain the blades are aligned properly and oiled.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
There are several things to look for if your trimmer fails to operate:
- Be sure the trimmer is turned on.
- Make sure that the battery is properly placed in the battery compartment. Test the battery to be sure it is working.
- Check the blades to see if they are clogged with hair clippings; if so, use a cleaning brush to remove hair.
- If the trimmer still fails to operate, take or send it to a Conair Service Center (see Warranty).
- To insert battery, remove compartment cover by turning bottom piece of trimmer to the left, then pulling straight down. (Fig. 1).
- Insert an AA alkaline battery, positive terminal downward. (If you are not going to use the device for long periods of time or if the battery is dead, remove the battery from the device. This will increase the battery’s life.)
- After inserting the battery, align the arrow with the notch on battery cover and turn to the right to align with the circle. (Fig. 2).
*Do not use in the shower. To clean, simply rinse trimmer blade under faucet.
4. Always purchase the correct size and grade of battery most suitable for the intended use.
5. Clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to battery installation.
6. Ensure the batteries are installed correctly with regard to polarity (+ and -).
7. Store unused batteries in their original packaging, away from metal objects that could short-circuit them. Never short-circuit batteries.
8. Never dispose of batteries in fire, except under conditions of controlled incineration. Failure to observe this precaution may result in an explosion. Never attempt to recharge primary batteries, as this may cause leakage, fire, or explosion.
9. This appliance is not a toy. Keep away from children.
TO SWITCH TRIMMER HEADS
Check that the device is turned off.
- Remove the cutting head of the device by turning it to line up mark ( ) with mark ( ). Next pull the head of the device upward (Fig. 3).
- Gently place the desired cutting head on the device, then lock by turning the cutting head so that the two marks line up ( and o ) (Fig. 4).
TO TRIM YOUR MUSTACHE
Use the mustache comb to comb hair in the direction of growth. Hold trimmer in an upright position and bring the tip of the blade straight into the mustache to trim.
TO TRIM NECKLINE & SIDEBURNS
Attach the detail trimmer attachment to the trimmer handle. Hold the trimmer blade against the skin at the length desired and move the trimmer downward.
TO USE SHAVER ATTACHMENT
Shaving against the direction of your beard growth, pull your skin tight with your fingers in inaccessible areas to achieve optimum results for a smooth, perfect look.
TO TRIM NOSE/EAR HAIR
Using the special circular cutting head for nose and ears, gently insert the cutting head into the nostril or ear and move it slightly back and forth to cut the hair.
NOTE: To trim nose hair, insert trimmer at entry of nostrils and start trimming the lower hairs until no longer visible. To trim ear hair, guide the trimmer around the outer surface of the ear.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR TRIMMER
- Brush away any loose hair that collects in the blades.
- Store trimmer in a safe location.
- Sharpen or replace both blades at the same time when servicing your trimmer.
- Only use Conair® blades with this trimmer.
CLEANING YOUR TRIMMER
Make sure trimmer is off.
- To remove the trimmer head for cleaning, turn the head counterclockwise until the “I” mark aligns with the arrow mark, then lift the head gently.
- Rinse the head only under water. For proper functioning of the unit, the handle cannot touch or be immersed in water (Fig. 5).
- After cleaning, make sure to shake the head dry before reattaching it to the body.
- To reattach the head onto the body, align the “I” mark on the head with the arrow mark on
the body and then turn clockwise until the “I” aligns with the circle mark on the body (Fig. 4).
- Removable nose/ear cutting head
- Detailer attachment
- Shaver attachment
- Storage pouch
LIMITED TWO-YEAR WARRANTY (U.S. AND CANADA ONLY)
Conair will repair or replace (at our option) your unit free of charge for 24 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center listed on back, together with your purchase receipt and $5.00 for postage and handling. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-3-CONAIR for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period shall be 24 months from the date of manufacture.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 24-MONTH DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CONAIR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Documents / Resources
|CONAIR PG1000 Battery Powered Ear and Nose Hair Trimmer [pdf] Instruction Manual|
PG1000, Battery Powered Ear and Nose Hair Trimmer