For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Women whose skin is sensitive to cosmetics or easily irritated by shaving, or who suffer from a skin allergy, should test one section of the leg or arm before using the shaver head.
- The foils are thin and precisely finished pieces. Do not press hard against the foils, or drop foils. A warped or distorted foil will produce poor shaving results. Also, a damaged foil may cause skin injury. A damaged foil should be replaced immediately.
- When cleaning, use cold or warm water. Do not use hot water, seawater, or cleaners, as they can cause damage to the waterproof seals.
- Do not leave the entire unit submerged in water for a long period of time.
- To prevent possible damage to the foils and the cutter, women who use underarm deodorant must thoroughly clean and air-dry the foil and cutter after each use. Failure to do this may result in corrosion of the cutters.
- This appliance is not a toy. Keep away from children.
There are several things to look for if your unit fails to operate:
- Be sure the power handle is turned ON.
- Make sure that the batteries are properly placed in the battery compartment. Test the batteries to be sure they are working.
- Check the blades to see if they are clogged with hair clippings; if so, use the cleaning brush to remove hair.
- If the unit still fails to operate, take or send it to a Conair Service Center (see warranty procedure and addresses).
FOR YOUR ALL-IN-ONE PERSONAL GROOMER
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
- Remove the battery compartment cover by pushing in and down toward the bottom of the power handle (Fig. 1).
- Align the two AAA batteries (included) with the positive and negative positions indicated inside the battery compartment. Being careful not to bend the clips, insert the negative end of each battery first so it will slip easily into place.
- Return the battery cover to its original position by pushing it in and up until you hear a small click as it locks into place.
- Ensure the batteries are installed correctly with regard to polarity (+ and -).
- Remove the batteries if they are no longer functional or if the trimmer is left unused for an extended period of time.
- Clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to battery installation.
- Remove used batteries promptly.
- Always purchase the correct size and grade of battery most suitable for its intended use.
- Replace all batteries of a set at the same time.
- Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargeable (nickel cadmium or nickel metal hydride) batteries.
TO SWITCH TRIMMER HEADS
Hold the power handle while turning the trimmer head counterclockwise until the “I” mark is aligned properly with the “arrow” mark (Fig. 2). At this point you should be able to easily lift the trimmer head from the handle. To use a new trimmer head on the unit, properly install the head into position. Making sure the “I” mark is aligned with the “arrow” mark, turn clockwise until the “I” and “circle” marks are aligned (Fig. 3) and lock into position
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- To use, push ON/OFF switch upward to the ON position.
- After use, push down on the ON/OFF switch to turn power handle off.
SHAVING YOUR LEGS/BIKINI AREA
NOTE: Pushing the shaver head against the skin too hard will not allow the hair to enter the foils and be cut. Experience will show just the right pressure to use to maximize performance.
- Prepare your legs for wet or dry shaving.
- Turn shaver on.
- Shave with smooth, steady strokes up and down your skin.
- Keep the full shaving head in contact with your skin.
- For best results, shave against the direction of hair growth.
- When you finish shaving, turn the shaver off.
Important: After several uses, you will be able to determine the optimum shaving method for your legs and bikini area.
SHAVING YOUR UNDERARMS
- Prepare your underarms for wet or dry shaving. (Be sure that your skin is clean and free of deodorant.)
- Turn the shaver on.
- Lift your arm until the skin under the arm stretches slightly.
- Use the trimmer head first to remove any long hair, stroking trimmer against the direction of hair growth.
- Hold the shaver so that it is in full contact with your skin, and shave with gentle strokes.
- It is important to press lightly. Pressing too hard may lead to skin irritation.
- When finished shaving, turn the shaver off.
Important: After several uses, you will be able to determine the optimum shaving method for your underarms.
USING THE SHAVER
The shaver head is designed to provide a clean, close shave to your legs, arms, and underarms. Take care with the foil as it is very sensitive and easily damaged. Always inspect it for damage before you use it. Never use a foil that is damaged, as this can result in injury. Make sure your skin is clean and dry before use. Do not use any lotions or oils before shaving.
NOTE: If you are switching to an electric or battery-operated shaver for the first time, it will take 12 uses for your skin and hair to adjust to this new method of removing hair. Do not evaluate performance until you have allowed your skin and hair time to adjust.
- Attach the shaver head as described in “TO SWITCH TRIMMER HEADS” section
- Move the power switch to the ON position.
- Hold the shaving foil against the skin, moving the shaver gently against the direction of hair growth.
- Don’t push too hard against the skin as this will cause irritation and may damage the foil.
- As your skin may be sensitive after shaving, test your moisturizer on a small patch of skin and wait to see if irritation occurs.
- Cleaning: After each use you will need to clean the shaver head to ensure continued performance.
- Move the power ON/OFF switch to the OFF position.
- Remove the shaver head from the handle.
- Remove the foil head assembly from the shaver head by pushing on the two side buttons and pulling the foil away from the head (see Fig. 4).
- Using the supplied cleaning brush, gently brush the hair away from the cutter. Blow the hair off the foil; do not use the brush on the foil, it will cause damage.
- The shaver head may also be rinsed under water. Be sure to allow both to dry before using.
To maintain the best cutting performance, be sure to replace the foil head and cutter after every six months of regular use. Contact Conair Consumer Service to order the replacement parts.
- Attach the trimming head as described in “TO SWITCH TRIMMER HEADS” section.
- To fully remove hair or to outline the bikini area, use the trimmer without the attachment comb.
- When removing hair, gently move the blades against the direction of growth.
- To outline, place the blades perpendicular to the skin surface and apply the blades to the edge of the hair. Use the blades to create the desired outline.
- For the cleanest finish, follow up with the foil shaver.
- For cutting hair without completely removing it, attach the 3-position comb to the head. Place the comb on the cutting blades first, and then snap down onto the back of the trimmer head.
- Start with the longest setting by moving the comb switch away from the back of the trimmer.
- Gently move the comb through the hair in the direction of growth.
- After you have done this with the longest setting, if you want to make the hair shorter, move to the next lowest position until the desired length of hair is achieved.
- After hair removal, run a comb or brush (not included) through the hair to remove any cut, loose hairs.
- When you have finished, move the switch to the OFF position. Clean the blades with the provided brush.
USING THE EYEBROW TRIMMER
- Attach the eyebrow trimming head as described in “TO SWITCH TRIMMER HEADS” section.
- To outline and shape your eyebrows, use the trimmer without the attachment comb.
- Move the power switch to the ON position.
- Use the blades to define the edge of the eyebrow.
- Once the shape of your eyebrow has been defined, you may thin out the hair using the attachment comb.
- Place the comb on the head in the longest “L” position by sliding the comb into the groove on the head closest to the blades.
- Gently move the comb through the hair. If you need to remove more hair, move the comb to the shortest “S” position. If you want to remove the hair completely, leave the comb off and move the blades against the direction of growth.
- When finished, move the ON/OFF switch to the OFF position and clean the blades with the supplied cleaning brush.
HOW TO USE THE DETAIL TRIMMER
- Place the trimmer at a slight right angle to the skin and trim in the direction of hair growth.
- Continue trimming in the direction of growth. Be careful not to apply excess pressure to the blade. This may damage the blade, and can result in injury to the skin during trimming.
- Pull the skin firmly with one hand during the trimming process to ensure the closest possible shave.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR TRIMMER
Because the trimmer blades are precision made for a very special use, they should always be handled with care. Each time you finish using the trimmer, take the cleaning brush provided and brush away any loose hair that has collected in the blades. Then rinse blades under water only, allow to air-dry and store the trimmer until the next use.
To promote the long life of the appliance, use your trimmer only for the purpose intended by the manufacturer.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR SHAVER HEAD
- Make sure unit is in the OFF position before cleaning.
- Hold shaver head and lift up from the back (Fig. 5), then press foil frame release buttons on each side and lift up (the cutter is now in view). Be careful not to push on the foils. They are delicate and can easily be damaged.
- Rinse the shaver cutter and foil frame under running water or in a sink. Do not use hot water. Use only warm or cold water.
- After wet cleaning, allow the foil frame and cutters to air-dry before closing foil frame and trimmer head. Replace trimmer head back onto the trimmer until it clicks into place. Wipe the surface of the main unit with a dry towel. Do not dry the foil area. Let the trimmer head air-dry.
- The cutter can also be cleaned with a cleaning brush.
- If the body of the power handle becomes dirty, wipe off with a damp cloth and mild detergent or soap. Never use thinners, other solvents, or any harsh cleaners.
DETACHABLE BLADE SET
Your trimmer head is equipped with a detachable blade set for routine maintenance, cleaning and replacement.
To remove the blade: The front of the trimmer should be back to you, push up the knob with your thumb and the blade will pop out (Fig. 6).
To replace the blade: Engage at the front and push down at back until it snaps into place (Fig. 7).
NOTE: Please make sure the swing lever is positioned in the actuator arm after reassembling the head (Fig. 8).
- When shaking off excess water, hold the main unit firmly to prevent releasing the head assembly or dropping the unit.
- Do not use a dryer or heater to dry the trimmer. This may result in malfunction or damage to the trimmer.
LIMITED TWO-YEAR WARRANTY (U.S. AND CANADA ONLY)
Conair will repair or replace (at our option) your unit free of charge for 24 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center listed on back, together with your purchase receipt. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-3-CONAIR for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period shall be 24 months from the date of manufacture.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 24-MONTH DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CONAIR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Please register this product at www.conair.com/registration
©2020 Conair Corporation
7475 North Glen Harbor Blvd.
Glendale, AZ 85307
Documents / Resources
|CONAIR LPG1 All-In-One Personal Groomer [pdf] Instruction Manual|
LPG1, All-In-One Personal Groomer